Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,880 members, 7,935,765 topics. Date: Friday, 30 August 2024 at 03:18 PM

President Buhari Might Return To Nigeria Within A Week - Sahara Reporters - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari Might Return To Nigeria Within A Week - Sahara Reporters (20037 Views)

Why Buhari Might Jail Tinubu If He Wins - Odilim Enwegbara / Fraud Trial: Return To Nigeria Within 7 Days Or Else... - Court Orders Orji Kalu / Transparency International Ordered To Leave Nigeria Within 72 Hours (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Buhari Might Return To Nigeria Within A Week - Sahara Reporters by Eastatlantaniqqa(m): 1:50pm On Jun 24, 2017
let him betta stay where he is oh

Re: President Buhari Might Return To Nigeria Within A Week - Sahara Reporters by Nigeriadondie: 1:51pm On Jun 24, 2017
PapaNnamdi:
Useless country

I spit on lugards bald hed

TUEH
grin grin Guy I dey feel u cos I share ur sentiments 100%. Nigeria is a useless country far doomed beyond redemption. Even d Devil has more hope of making heaven than for Nigeria to be better. But we can not continue to blame dead Lugard cos 1967 was d only chance to break Lugard's equation but sadly other groups in d south refused to join d fight with d igbos. Let them enjoy their "One Nigeria"

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Might Return To Nigeria Within A Week - Sahara Reporters by samuelsotas: 1:51pm On Jun 24, 2017

Northerners are selfish, it happens to be an Igbo or Yoruba President now, they will call for IMPEACHMENT......am sending AYELALA to Northerners now..........
[color=#990000][/color]

Meenaj:

http://saharareporters.com/2017/06/24/president-buhari-%E2%80%9Cnot-bad-anymore%E2%80%9D%E2%80%94aides

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari Might Return To Nigeria Within A Week - Sahara Reporters by Kashbwoyjnr: 1:51pm On Jun 24, 2017
I have even forgot buhari is Nigeria president
Re: President Buhari Might Return To Nigeria Within A Week - Sahara Reporters by anytexy: 1:51pm On Jun 24, 2017
Okay, journey mercy.
Re: President Buhari Might Return To Nigeria Within A Week - Sahara Reporters by Jirate(m): 1:52pm On Jun 24, 2017
oloriooko:
I thought I voted for a honest and transparent person little did I know he had other ailments known to him that has hampered his desire to put Nigeria straight

For the sake of his reputation and the confidence exhibited by those who voted him in, I think PMB should throw in the towel. His intentions are laudable and achievable

I wish him quick recovery and happy life

grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: President Buhari Might Return To Nigeria Within A Week - Sahara Reporters by CzarChris(m): 1:52pm On Jun 24, 2017
Abeg, make una tell Mr. President to remain where he is abeg, we are doing just fine without him around. He can extend his vacation till 2020

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari Might Return To Nigeria Within A Week - Sahara Reporters by ayusco85(m): 1:52pm On Jun 24, 2017
Really
Re: President Buhari Might Return To Nigeria Within A Week - Sahara Reporters by KENNSAMMY(m): 1:53pm On Jun 24, 2017
The repair man repairing our president is too slow now!!!!
Re: President Buhari Might Return To Nigeria Within A Week - Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 1:53pm On Jun 24, 2017
Who cares

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Might Return To Nigeria Within A Week - Sahara Reporters by chimexdnice(m): 1:54pm On Jun 24, 2017
abeg let him return oo... i need this dollar to come up biko. osinbajo just dey scater scater everything... sai baba
Re: President Buhari Might Return To Nigeria Within A Week - Sahara Reporters by ivolt: 1:54pm On Jun 24, 2017
Saraki is strategising.
Re: President Buhari Might Return To Nigeria Within A Week - Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 1:54pm On Jun 24, 2017
We will welcome him warmly..
Re: President Buhari Might Return To Nigeria Within A Week - Sahara Reporters by Aburi001: 1:54pm On Jun 24, 2017
SaulRazor:
If a president that is clearly mentally incapacitated still insisting holding tight to power is not corruption then I don't know what is
BUHARI....person still they bear that name? shocked grin
Re: President Buhari Might Return To Nigeria Within A Week - Sahara Reporters by ajalawole(m): 1:55pm On Jun 24, 2017
Victornezzar:
2 organise his funeral grin

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Might Return To Nigeria Within A Week - Sahara Reporters by MichaelDee: 1:55pm On Jun 24, 2017
Oga presido why nah? U shall wan die on power without considering ur own health. If u die, nigerians will not spare a day for u due to ur failure cos many believe say nah dey respinsible for their state of commerce.
Re: President Buhari Might Return To Nigeria Within A Week - Sahara Reporters by Quinn22(f): 1:55pm On Jun 24, 2017
Who cares undecided
Re: President Buhari Might Return To Nigeria Within A Week - Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 1:57pm On Jun 24, 2017
SaulRazor:
If a president that is clearly mentally incapacitated still insisting holding tight to power is not corruption then I don't know what is

Your sentence construction on its own is corruption. Take your English teacher to EFCC. wink
Re: President Buhari Might Return To Nigeria Within A Week - Sahara Reporters by brunofarad(m): 1:57pm On Jun 24, 2017
Hmm ana eme!

Re: President Buhari Might Return To Nigeria Within A Week - Sahara Reporters by GuntersChain(m): 1:58pm On Jun 24, 2017
So were his the media team they have suddenly gone mute, it seems they don't know what to say than to leak this news to pacify the masses a little bit, a sitting president will go on medical trip without keeping in touch with the populace, they forgot that he is been catered for by tax payers money.
Re: President Buhari Might Return To Nigeria Within A Week - Sahara Reporters by juman(m): 1:58pm On Jun 24, 2017
Hiss.

Useless apc people.
Re: President Buhari Might Return To Nigeria Within A Week - Sahara Reporters by Stevengold(m): 1:58pm On Jun 24, 2017
Meenaj:

one of the sources told SaharaReporters, “Sickness is not a matter you just start broadcasting to everybody.

http://saharareporters.com/2017/06/24/president-buhari-%E2%80%9Cnot-bad-anymore%E2%80%9D%E2%80%94aides
sickness is not a matter to broadcast to everybody note: the everybody are those who voted him in. It's quite shameful that some of us don't still know the whereabout of our president. Sickness is not a thing to broadcast. Death don't need anyone to broadcast. It will do its job. We deserve to know the present condition of our leader, I wonder whatvthey are concealing
Re: President Buhari Might Return To Nigeria Within A Week - Sahara Reporters by lexy2014: 1:59pm On Jun 24, 2017
Tolexander:
This is a real wa o!

Things are not so better when there was no speech impairment and memory loss despite his effort. How will things now be when there is speech impairment and amnesia?

May God heal the President!
we 2 like prayer 4 this country yet we have nothing 2 show 4 it. how will d baba receive healing when he doesn't want 2do d needful& position himself 4 healing?

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Might Return To Nigeria Within A Week - Sahara Reporters by fortunekaura(m): 2:00pm On Jun 24, 2017
still counting down
Re: President Buhari Might Return To Nigeria Within A Week - Sahara Reporters by juman(m): 2:00pm On Jun 24, 2017
Quinn22:
Who cares undecided
Re: President Buhari Might Return To Nigeria Within A Week - Sahara Reporters by Dumba088(m): 2:00pm On Jun 24, 2017
By FEMI ADESINA Be careful what you dream about, it may well come to pass. Oluwatobi is my firstborn, “my might, and the beginning of my strength.” One day, when he was just four years old, we were all in the living room; myself, his mom, and his sister, when he exclaimed:”Daddy, I’ll be a pilot!” I looked at him, looked at his mother, and said casually: “What does he know about piloting?” For by then, Oluwatobi had not gone near an airport, not to talk of entering an airplane.
But somehow, what he said refused to leave my mind. Just like the biblical Mary, after the angel told her of the virgin conception, I “kept all those things, and pondered them” in my heart. ‘Tobi (as we call him) began to live his dreams. He needed to see only the picture of an airplane in a newspaper or magazine, and he would cut it, file it away, or paste on the wall of his bedroom. When he was old enough to manipulate a computer, he always went to sites where he could read about aircraft. I had thought he would outgrow the passion. But the older he grew, the firmer and clearer the dream became. “Daddy, I’ll be a pilot!”
As a growing journalist with growing means, I got to the point I could go on vacation with my family once a year. We started with Ghana. Then South Africa. And London… Tobi was in secondary school, and talked about nothing save flying a plane. Each time we travelled, it was like nirvana. While I kept looking at my wristwatch, expecting the time we would land, my son, and his sister, Tosin, felt completely at home in the sky.
I had expected two people to baulk, and talk Tobi out of his dreams. His mother, and my own mother (Tobi’s grandma, whom he was particularly close to). But the two women surprisingly did not dissuade the boy. They submitted to the perfect will of the Almighty. Underneath are the Everlasting Arms. Never underestimate the power of dreams. At 18, my son packed his baggage, and was on the way to Aeronav Academy, in South Africa. The fees were staggering, but by then, I was Deputy Managing Director/ Deputy Editor-in-Chief of The Sun Newspapers. The pay was good enough, and with some belt tightening and lots of sacrifice, I could afford the fees.
Tobi got to Johannesburg at the peak of winter. “A cold coming we had of it, just the worst time of the year. For a journey, and such a long journey, the ways deep and the weather sharp, the very dead of winter.” (T.S Eliot, The Journey of the Magi). I remember the first email he sent to me:”Daddy, it’s so cold, I had to sleep with my shoes on.” Lol. My heart went out to him, but he that would eat honey from the rock must never consider the blade of his axe.
By the end of his first year, he got the private pilot license. Second year, he got the commercial license. I was breathing like a hog under the financial burden, but didn’t Jesus promise that his yoke was easy, “and my burden is light?” I kept trudging on, and one day, at age 21, my son was back, a fully licensed pilot.
But there was still one more river to cross. And when he told me about it, I almost bolted (just as our President almost did, when he saw the state of the treasury after inauguration into office). Tobi told me of the need to proceed to Sweden, for a type rating license, in which he would specialize on the Boeing 737. A boy of 21 years, planning to fly a whole house in the sky? The money, in dollars, sent my heart racing, and my head spinning. But by then, I was already Managing Director/Editor-in-Chief of The Sun. The publisher was a welfarist, and he took good care of his staff. If the family would take garri, instead of corn flakes, well, we could send Tobi to Sweden. And off he went, coming back months later with a type rating license. Arik Airline gracefully gave him a job.
For almost two years, the young pilot has been plying his trade, but he never flew me. The closest we got was one Saturday morning, about a year ago. I had just landed in Lagos, and who did I meet on the tarmac? Tobi and the crew that was taking over the airplane for the next flight. Safe skies, I told him, after we had taken some pictures, along with Captain Mohammed, an Arik veteran. Then D-day came. And it was Monday this week. I had gone to Lagos to be part of Fathers Day celebration in my church, Foursquare Gospel Church, which held on Sunday. Return journey was 7 a.m Monday, aboard Arik. On Sunday night, Tobi told me: “Daddy, you’ll be on my flight back to Abuja tomorrow.” Great expectations. I approached the aircraft with Mr Peter Obi, former governor of Anambra State, and an old friend. An airline staff collected my hand luggage, and took it onboard. I then offered to relieve the former governor of the burden of his own luggage. Trust the ever self-effacing man. He hid the bag behind his back, as I made for it. We laughed. I was on Seat 1D. The former governor was directly behind me. I told him my son was the co-pilot, and he was so very happy and excited at the news. And then, who came in, and took Seat 1F, right beside me? Another gentleman and friend, Mr Godwin Emefiele, governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria. We began to chat about the economy, and the risks falling oil prices in the international market could pose to the steadying exchange rate of the dollar to the naira. That was when Tobi struck. He came out from the cockpit, and said the Captain had consented that I should be their guest throughout the flight.
I first declined. Flying in the air was tough enough, who wants to go and frighten himself to death in a cockpit? “Daddy, come and see what you paid for. Come and see where your money went,” my son said. I introduced him to the CBN governor, and excused myself from the cabin. The co-pilot to the co-pilot had come. Father and son were in the cockpit. Captain Carretero Alberto hails from Spain. And what a genial man he turned out to be throughout the 55 minutes flight. I got to know about his family, his professional background, and many others. He had kind words to say about Tobi, and, indeed gave him the thumbs up sign many times, as the young pilot flew the plane, and made what he considered smart moves. Preparing to lift into the air was a whole set of ceremony. Many things to check. Engines, lights, wings, doors, everything.As Tobi handled the joystick, the joy kiln was kindled in the heart of a proud father. Communication with the control tower was continuous, and lasted almost throughout the flight. As the plane lifted, and soared into the deep, azure sky, I could not see a thing. Not the foggiest thing. How do pilots do it? But there was a forest of buttons and knobs. They kept touching and pressing them. Is this what they call instrumentation? At a point, the sun streamed in powerfully, in all its brightness. And they fixed their sun visors.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Might Return To Nigeria Within A Week - Sahara Reporters by SaulRazor: 2:00pm On Jun 24, 2017
abiodunalasa:

Your sentence construction on its own is corruption. Take your English teacher to EFCC. wink

Calling my sentence corrupt without correcting it is also corruption, do the right thing and fix it so I can learn

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari Might Return To Nigeria Within A Week - Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jun 24, 2017
It's over 50 days since he left.
They know that wen he's away from nigeria for 60 days, Osinbanjo will be sworn in and he will be declared incapacitated.

That's why they want to fly him in for a few days and take him back to London later.
Re: President Buhari Might Return To Nigeria Within A Week - Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 2:03pm On Jun 24, 2017
HISTORY IS BAE....
Where is Buhari

Re: President Buhari Might Return To Nigeria Within A Week - Sahara Reporters by bumi10(m): 2:08pm On Jun 24, 2017
hmmm

ok

am waiting
Re: President Buhari Might Return To Nigeria Within A Week - Sahara Reporters by Neldrizzy(m): 2:08pm On Jun 24, 2017
Na craze dey worry them
Re: President Buhari Might Return To Nigeria Within A Week - Sahara Reporters by femo86(m): 2:12pm On Jun 24, 2017
I go start to dey believe this Sahara Reporters if na so.......

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sowore Celebrates His Mother, Esther, On Her Birthday (Photo) / Wike Introduces Security Stipends To Traditional Rulers / 2019: Prof. Hafiz Abubakar Pulls Out Of Joint Ticket With Ganduje

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.