Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,862 members, 7,935,692 topics. Date: Friday, 30 August 2024 at 01:45 PM

My Friend Wants To Chase Me Out Because Of Ordinary Milk - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Friend Wants To Chase Me Out Because Of Ordinary Milk (55172 Views)

A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? / My Friend's Wife Keeps Disturbing Me For Money / Is It Proper/Healthy For A Man To Suck His Wife's Bosom Milk? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Friend Wants To Chase Me Out Because Of Ordinary Milk by Afam4eva(m): 1:37am On Jun 26, 2017
DukeNija:

Nairaland can actually make this guy commit suicide cos the level of anger and heat poured at him is probably unbearable. He was cursed out by people who should have adviced him.
Granted he made some mistakes. I guess he has learnt never to bring personal matters to Nairaland. Nigerians are indeed very angry people but fail to direct their anger at the root cause - politicians.
Nairaland is the fastest route through which people can commit suicide. Some people think that by being harsh unecessarily, it makes them smart.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Friend Wants To Chase Me Out Because Of Ordinary Milk by aribisala0(m): 1:39am On Jun 26, 2017
DukeNija:

I almost lost hope in humanity till I saw your comment. The level of vile, hate and anger poured on this thread is incredible. Where is Love? Food, Milk and Bread. Smh
The Bible said there will always be the poor among you, make provisions for them. Little wonder people are starved of Gods intervention, forgetting that extreme acts of Love draw abundance from Heaven. Show me a man that feeds the people who lacked or starved.
I see both sides as Nigerians it is in our DNA to poke fun and jest so don't take all comments so seriously, our jokes can be hurtful but that is Naija for you.Naija don't do verbal love . My aim was not particularly to show love but just to highlight that humans are different. In the same family you will find a judge a doctor and another brother who hangs out with weed smokers. A tongue lashing does not solve the problem and saying look at me ain't I great why can't you be like me doesn't either. It is this latter bit I am against. I detest the flaunting of one's success as a corrective device, it is unhelpful
P'S what is that shiite AFAM4EVA is saying?

2 Likes

Re: My Friend Wants To Chase Me Out Because Of Ordinary Milk by Brillantman: 1:44am On Jun 26, 2017
This guy is just a replica of a friend that have been living with me for close to a decade, he's been living with me and I do cater for half of his needs before I married, the problem I have with him is he's just too pompous which makes me laugh within without him knowing, he's sort of a lost fellow who want to make a career in comedy whenever he brags about how rich his dad once was and what he still stand to gain if the old man dies, how he will make life unbearable for them if he need to travel to his village because theyve forgotten about him, and what he stand to gain if a particular political party wins his state gubernatorial election one after another, to make me know that he is a fool more than I think, all the parties he always wish wins always won and he hasn't enjoy a Kobo despite the way he brags pre-elections. He's too big to cut grass, wash plates, sweep, mop the floor, fetch water etc, my wife and I take care of everything,
As woman nature ought to be, it got to a stage that my wife flared up but I persuaded her not to misbehave, I told her that that she's right in all she said about him but I told her she should consider the fact that if we throw him out, the five years plus he's been living with us before then will tantamount to waste because he will be telling who cares to listen that my wife and I throw him out. Over the years, visitors to our house or neighbors no longer call him my friend when they see me, instead they ask 'Aja yin nko' ( where is your dog) because he follows me sheepishly the way Sarrki dey follow that man in London Coldroom ;DAfter wasting his life for more than six years thinking he's leeching me, he packed his bag (sorry, nylon or poly) and left around 4 in the morning after my wife lambasted him the previous night when he complained that she served him chicken wings instead of lap.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Friend Wants To Chase Me Out Because Of Ordinary Milk by akinsmyk(m): 1:45am On Jun 26, 2017
frostland:
Bros I feel ur pain it is nt easy to live wit som1 who is married, firstly the wife dont like u, secondly u should hav reduce the amount of food u take becus ur friend will always choose his wife over u

He bleeped up the first day he ate their food. They gave him shelter not that he should eat from the same pot with them.

If he doesn't eat their food or at least do once in a while. He would still be respected. He had accommodation problems not that he had no job. So what is his problem?

If I were him, I would buy them foodstuffs or give some money to the wife to do that and still eat occasionally, then he would b respected.

A jobless man drinking tea in another person's house. Is that necessary? This man is irresponsible. He has no plans nor ambition. He reduced himself to an errand boy to the man and a sales boy to the wife.

There are lotta labor works in Lagos where he can make at least a thousand naira after feeding and transportation. He is not just a man enough.

A lady who marries him will regret xpt he changes his mindset and wake up to his responsibilities. If his future wife is the hardworking type and has something to show for it, he will throw responsiblities at her or start saying his wife is using his glory. Very unfortunate

5 Likes

Re: My Friend Wants To Chase Me Out Because Of Ordinary Milk by Afam4eva(m): 1:51am On Jun 26, 2017
Brillantman:
This guy is just a replica of a friend that have been living with me for close to a decade, he's been living with me and I do cater for half of his needs before I married, the problem I have with him is he's just too pompous which makes me laugh within without him knowing, he's sort of a lost fellow who want to make a career in comedy whenever he brags about how rich his dad once was and what he still stand to gain if the old man dies, how he will make life unbearable for them if he need to travel to his village because theyve forgotten about him, and what he stand to gain if a particular political party wins his state gubernatorial election one after another, to make me know that he is a fool more than I think, all the parties he always wish wins always won and he hasn't enjoy a Kobo despite the way he brags pre-elections. He's too big to cut grass, wash plates, sweep, mop the floor, fetch water etc, my wife and I take care of everything,
As woman nature ought to be, it got to a stage that my wife flared up but I persuaded her not to misbehave, I told her that that she's right in all she said about him but I told her she should consider the fact that if we throw him out, the five years plus he's been living with us before then will tantamount to waste because he will be telling who cares to listen that my wife and I throw him out. Over the years, visitors to our house or neighbors no longer call him my friend when they see me, instead they ask 'Aja yin nko' ( where is your dog) because he follows me sheepishly the way Sarrki dey follow that man in London Coldroom ;DAfter wasting his life for more than six years thinking he's leeching me, he packed his bag (sorry, nylon or poly) and left around 4 in the morning after my wife lambasted him the previous night when he complained that she served him chicken wings instead of lap.
Lol grin Una try oo. Dem suppose give una award for couple of the decade.

It also reminds me of a guy that squatted with me that would consume 4 boiled eggs at a go just because he's on the hefty side and won't even consider that i used money to buy these things. He eats 3 times of what a regular human being eats and he owed one an apology.

3 Likes

Re: My Friend Wants To Chase Me Out Because Of Ordinary Milk by Afam4eva(m): 1:52am On Jun 26, 2017
aribisala0:

P'S what is that shiite AFAM4EVA is saying?
Lol grin You must think everything is politics.

2 Likes

Re: My Friend Wants To Chase Me Out Because Of Ordinary Milk by aamstih: 1:54am On Jun 26, 2017
Bruv, there is what we call packaging, you're in someone's house you should be VERY sensitive of their body language and actions.

Whats your location in Lagos and what do you do to earn a living?

stressedout:
my closest relative is in calabar. i am in lagos

4 Likes

Re: My Friend Wants To Chase Me Out Because Of Ordinary Milk by luminouz(m): 1:54am On Jun 26, 2017
Brillantman:
There are people like DAT n I would never allow them.stay DAT long with me!!! Leeches!!!
U tried ooo!!!!6 years
But d OP has spent 6years all by himself..could have been a big boy before recession hit! N he didn't tell us how long he had been staying with his cotenant!
But d hate on this thread disgusted me seriously!
Is recession DAT entrenched in us DAT 3 SPOONS of milk is now a dealbreaker Spoon miliki meta
I mean C'mon!!!!!!
I rest my case jare

5 Likes

Re: My Friend Wants To Chase Me Out Because Of Ordinary Milk by aamstih: 1:58am On Jun 26, 2017
You get the point, it is called 'watering the ground' and 'packaging'.

akinsmyk:

He bleeped up the first day he ate their food. They gave him shelter not that he should eat from the same pot with them.

If he doesn't eat their food or at least do once in a while. He would still be respected. He had accommodation problems not that he had no job. So what is his problem?

If I were him, I would buy them foodstuffs or give some money to the wife to do that and still eat occasionally, then he would b respected
Re: My Friend Wants To Chase Me Out Because Of Ordinary Milk by aribisala0(m): 1:59am On Jun 26, 2017
Afam4eva:

Lol grin You must think everything is politics.
No but the gravitas you applied to the matter made me wonder whether you are now a magistrate in a Customary court
Re: My Friend Wants To Chase Me Out Because Of Ordinary Milk by Nobody: 2:00am On Jun 26, 2017
Who uses 3 spoons of milk for a cup of tea? #eathealthy

1 Like

Re: My Friend Wants To Chase Me Out Because Of Ordinary Milk by Luminee(f): 2:00am On Jun 26, 2017
OP even the Israelites had to hustle to get to the land filled with milk and honey. In this recession you are drinking tea with 3 spoons of milk, u dey work for Nunu nii grin

1 Like

Re: My Friend Wants To Chase Me Out Because Of Ordinary Milk by akinsmyk(m): 2:02am On Jun 26, 2017
MMotimo:

Humility is a virtue you should embrace. Your topic " ordinary" is a turn off. When somebody is giving you something they don't owe you, you don't get to dictate what is ordinary or not. If it were ordinary, you should have bought your own milk. The fact that you have a roof over your head after your eviction is due to their generosity and who knows how big the apartment is but still they invited you in.

If your hosts say an extra spoon of milk is too much to stomach and they are causing drama because of that, you have 2 options:

Start to buy your own food or contribute to feeding and hope they will allow you decide your own quantity of consumption
Leave their house

You don't get to decide what is ordinary in another person's house.

Best comment/advise. You spoke my mind
Re: My Friend Wants To Chase Me Out Because Of Ordinary Milk by Nobody: 2:04am On Jun 26, 2017
sukkot:
lmao 3 spoons of milk tho ? and in front of the woman ? i know your type. very unaware of his surroundings just living in his own head lmao.

The woman must have almost died of a heart attack after she saw him dig the spoon inside the milk tin like shovel the 3rd time grin

@OP

Poverty is a bastard though. The insult people "collect" because of their financial state sometimes is unfair

May God open doors for you

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Friend Wants To Chase Me Out Because Of Ordinary Milk by bigfrancis21: 2:05am On Jun 26, 2017
stressedout:
Pls nairalanders, I am in deep mess right now. I have been living in my compound for 6 yrs now but due to some money issues I was evicted and my friend/fellow tenant was kind enough to take me in for the time being. It is him the wife and their small baby son that stays.

The problem started when the wife start complaining that am wasteful. i have never remained food they give me. from then they reduced quantity of food they give me and i dont complain.

Now just this morning am making tea and take 3 spoons of milk in her presence and all hell break loose. she starts shouting and call her husband that even them dont take more than 2 spoons. the man called me later and said it is time for us to part ways.

Am devastated now. i even used my last cash to buy a tin of milk for them. what do i do now? i have no where to go. sad

Honestly if you're staying in someone else's house you play by their rules and mind yourself also. Remember that it is not your house so you cannot be wasteful as you would in your own house. Also, you don't know how financially strapped they are, and managing. My advice: cut your excesses while there until you get your own place.

1 Like

Re: My Friend Wants To Chase Me Out Because Of Ordinary Milk by Brillantman: 2:10am On Jun 26, 2017
Bro, you have me laughing out loud in the middle of the night @dig in like shovel
WellEndowed:

The woman must have almost died of a heart attack after she saw him dig the spoon inside the milk tin like shovel the 3rd time grin

@OP
[b][/b]
Poverty is a bastard though. The insult people "collect" because of their financial state sometimes is unfair

1 Like

Re: My Friend Wants To Chase Me Out Because Of Ordinary Milk by Pointnoire(m): 2:10am On Jun 26, 2017
Looks like you may be learning some hard life lessons here from people's comments, my two cents advice nothing in this world when it's not yours is ordinary, not even the air, clean air comes at a cost, don't ever use the age thing except in your father's compound unfortunately most of you who use this age thing dont need to say it out your body language unknown to you is screaming i am older than you at every step, When someone is harbouring you in this your circumstance, remember you were not invited as much as possible stay away from the house come home in the evenings and on weekends insist on cleaning the house and car(s) ...YOU NO GET CHOICE, i won't call you lazy but you need some attitude adjustment, i am sure you have used it(i'm older than you) at work or on customers..... All the best.

3 Likes

Re: My Friend Wants To Chase Me Out Because Of Ordinary Milk by Nobody: 2:10am On Jun 26, 2017
Brillantman:

I actually prefer chicken wings grin

5 Likes

Re: My Friend Wants To Chase Me Out Because Of Ordinary Milk by Nobody: 2:12am On Jun 26, 2017
luminouz:

There are people like DAT n I would never allow them.stay DAT long with me!!! Leeches!!!
U tried ooo!!!!6 years
But d OP has spent 6years all by himself..could have been a big boy before recession hit! N he didn't tell us how long he had been staying with his cotenant!
Is recession DAT entrenched in us DAT 3 SPOONS of milk is now a dealbreaker Spoon miliki meta
I mean C'mon!!!!!!

I rest my case jare

The fear of milk is the beginning of wisdom. I am Team #onlyonespoonofcowbell
Re: My Friend Wants To Chase Me Out Because Of Ordinary Milk by luminouz(m): 2:15am On Jun 26, 2017
WellEndowed:

The fear of milk is the beginning of wisdom. I am Team #onlyonespoonofcowbell
Lmaooooooo!!!!
Well.....am not attuned to a particular measurement. I take just what I need!!
Re: My Friend Wants To Chase Me Out Because Of Ordinary Milk by oribi(m): 2:17am On Jun 26, 2017
stressedout:
Pls nairalanders, I am in deep mess right now. I have been living in my compound for 6 yrs now but due to some money issues I was evicted and my friend/fellow tenant was kind enough to take me in for the time being. It is him the wife and their small baby son that stays.

The problem started when the wife start complaining that am wasteful. i have never remained food they give me. from then they reduced quantity of food they give me and i dont complain.

Now just this morning am making tea and take 3 spoons of milk in her presence and all hell break loose. she starts shouting and call her husband that even them dont take more than 2 spoons. the man called me later and said it is time for us to part ways.

Am devastated now. i even used my last cash to buy a tin of milk for them. what do i do now? i have no where to go. sad

simple dem don tire for u my brother

1 Like

Re: My Friend Wants To Chase Me Out Because Of Ordinary Milk by saajus: 2:19am On Jun 26, 2017
Do you go to Church?Ask your Pastor if any member can take you in for a short period. Do you work? If you work, start saving for an apartment.
Re: My Friend Wants To Chase Me Out Because Of Ordinary Milk by Nobody: 2:25am On Jun 26, 2017
luminouz:

Lmaooooooo!!!!
Well.....am not attuned to a particular measurement. I take just what I need!!

Seriously though it is sad that you get to know your real friends when things are hard. This story reminds me of one my dad used to tell us about someone (Mr A) he knew who got the insult of his life because of Bournvita. Mr A was squatting with a friend Mr B. To think that that same Mr A was the one many years later who connected the Mr B's first son to a job in one of the oil and gas companies in Nigeria.

I don't know if the story is true or if it is one of those tales parents tell their naughty kids to make them better persons.
Re: My Friend Wants To Chase Me Out Because Of Ordinary Milk by linearity: 2:30am On Jun 26, 2017
luminouz:

U tried ooo!!!!6 years
I mean C'mon!!!!!!
I rest my case jare

I don't think the extra one spood of milk was the issue....a single grain of sand can be sufficient to tip the scale and capside a bridge if it has been piling on for a very long time.

This guy must have sensed the scales tipping for a long time, anyone would have; but he ignored it or felt that he is doing enough to keep the scales from tipping over, not knowing that his efforts are not nearly enough.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Friend Wants To Chase Me Out Because Of Ordinary Milk by akinsmyk(m): 2:33am On Jun 26, 2017
luminouz:

U tried ooo!!!!6 years
I mean C'mon!!!!!!
I rest my case jare

Too much in another man's house when he doesn't buy it or contribute to the purchase. He is even unserious for taking tea. He is not ashamed at all.

1 Like

Re: My Friend Wants To Chase Me Out Because Of Ordinary Milk by OluDare01(m): 2:40am On Jun 26, 2017
Fortissimo502:
Story story.
cheesy wink cheesy
Re: My Friend Wants To Chase Me Out Because Of Ordinary Milk by sukkot: 2:42am On Jun 26, 2017
WellEndowed:

The woman must have almost died of a heart attack after she saw him dig the spoon inside the milk tin like shovel the 3rd tim e grin

@OP

grin grin
Re: My Friend Wants To Chase Me Out Because Of Ordinary Milk by arimahoseloka(m): 2:46am On Jun 26, 2017
StevensJojo:

What is with the servile beggarly attitude?Mtchew.I hate it when i see men who can't hustle.
Look at the way you are even talking.You cant even ask for a job.You cant list things you can do in exchange for money, you just want someone to take you in.You are even an ingrate complaining about food and milk.If you want to rise above you need think of the value you can add to society and provide it.The world will beat a part to. Your door.And don't be too proud to do anything.
Here is coming from someone who has been broke, hungru and trekked unholy distances before.And im a woman so please-as they say-be a man
wow so rare to see a woman talk this way
Re: My Friend Wants To Chase Me Out Because Of Ordinary Milk by Godsp4k(m): 2:46am On Jun 26, 2017
stressedout:
they put my food for me. i dont take by myself. Anyone who can take me in should pm me. am fed up.
so that you will come and finish my milk

4 Likes

Re: My Friend Wants To Chase Me Out Because Of Ordinary Milk by DarryOsh(m): 2:49am On Jun 26, 2017
aribisala0:
not necessarily ,
riches can be just as bad even worse . A deeper understanding of why we are here makes our minds immune to the evils of poverty and riches.
Curious to know your thoughts...

Why are we here?
Re: My Friend Wants To Chase Me Out Because Of Ordinary Milk by Roseey0(f): 2:59am On Jun 26, 2017
3 what?

I will be managing 1spoon with my husband
You will now take 3!!!!

And you get mouth take say na ordinary?
No worry
By the time you sleep for under bridge 1 night
You go appreciate life

That's why she puts food for you
Cos your type will clear the pot not minding who hasn't eaten.

4 Likes

Re: My Friend Wants To Chase Me Out Because Of Ordinary Milk by learnedman(m): 3:08am On Jun 26, 2017
my brother na for you, for the fact that you lost your accommodation and was offered one by your married friend with child does not mean that they should also start feeding you. you should have been hustling to feed yourself instead of depending on them for feeding,the economy is rough and you shouldnt constitute an unneccesary parasite to your magnanimous friend,pls go back to your village,leave your friend in peace

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

Man Lies On A Gutter For His Pregnant Wife To Pass (Photos) / I Mistakenly Impregnated My Elder Sister—man, 25, Tells Court / A Man Got Married To Two Women In Obudu Cross River State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.