Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,480 members, 7,888,501 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 09:11 AM

I Wanted To Quit After Zambia Victory – Amodu - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / I Wanted To Quit After Zambia Victory – Amodu (3917 Views)

Bayern's Medical Team Quit After Guardiola Blame Them For Loss To Porto / Nigeria Vs Zambia: CAF Under-17 Championship (3 - 1) On 21st February 2015 / 2013 AFCON: Nigeria To Play Zambia, Ethiopia and Burkina Faso (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Wanted To Quit After Zambia Victory – Amodu by snakova(m): 6:00pm On Jan 27, 2010
NFF make unas pity Otondo now grin grin
otondo55:

SACK HIM NOW, OR

SACK ALL THE PLAYERS TOO

BRING NEW BOYZ !
Even a monkey like mojojojo is sharper than some highly intelligent morons on NL
Re: I Wanted To Quit After Zambia Victory – Amodu by mrmayor1: 6:28pm On Jan 27, 2010
I just wonder d kind of coach Amodu is, a coach dat doesnt play well nd has lost just a match out of about ten matches, well we might call it LUCK! yes LUCK but can dis 'luck' do it 4 us at d WORLD CUP?

Re: I Wanted To Quit After Zambia Victory – Amodu by semid4lyfe(m): 6:41pm On Jan 27, 2010
This is the FACT and all that matters in our appraisal of Amodu
16 Matches played
13 Wins
2 Draws
1 Loss
I'll swim and sink with a coach with this kind of record. Go Amodu Go. . . .Go Super Eagles Go. . .Continue shaming your critics.
Re: I Wanted To Quit After Zambia Victory – Amodu by blacksta(m): 6:48pm On Jan 27, 2010
semid4lyfe:

16 Matches played
13 Wins
2 Draws
1 Loss
I'll swim and sink with a coach with this kind of record. Go Amodu Go. . . .Go Super Eagles Go. . .Continue shaming your critics.

But dont you fear that record would be destroyed in the world cup - I have a feeling the current setup is going to concede a lot of goals
Re: I Wanted To Quit After Zambia Victory – Amodu by Katsumoto: 6:48pm On Jan 27, 2010
semid4lyfe:

16 Matches played
13 Wins
2 Draws
1 Loss

I am certain that Amodu drew 2 matches with Tunisia and 1 with Mozambique; so your stats must be wrong.
Re: I Wanted To Quit After Zambia Victory – Amodu by tkb417(m): 6:52pm On Jan 27, 2010
semid4lyfe:

16 Matches played
13 Wins
2 Draws
1 Loss
list the countries he has played and beaten in regulation time (competitive game o not friendly games)

the toughest team in tht list would probably be mozambique or Kenya

the true oppositions in that team, Amodu didnt beat ONE

prove me wrong
Re: I Wanted To Quit After Zambia Victory – Amodu by Nobody: 7:28pm On Jan 27, 2010
tkb417:

list the countries he has played and beaten in regulation time (competitive game o not friendly games)

the toughest team in tht list would probably be mozambique or Kenya

the true oppositions in that team, Amodu didnt beat ONE

prove me wrong
Did the Super Eagles defeat France under Amodu's watch?? I think the answer is yes.

But I still want him sacked.
Re: I Wanted To Quit After Zambia Victory – Amodu by ayusman16(m): 7:34pm On Jan 27, 2010
@sagamite! guess u've been sniffing mutallab's undies again? how dare u compare me with a nigerian minister just because i want amodu 2 get d kicks? dat is d problem with an average intelligent fan who knws nothing but post rubbish while luking 4 who 2 scam. I'll expose u 2 EFCC if u dare try me again, typical unintelligent failure like u,
Re: I Wanted To Quit After Zambia Victory – Amodu by Katsumoto: 7:36pm On Jan 27, 2010
ayusman16:

@sagamite! guess u've been sniffing mutallab's undies again? how dare u compare me with a nigerian minister just because i want amodu 2 get d kicks? dat is d problem with an average intelligent fan who knws nothing but post rubbish while luking 4 who 2 scam. I'll expose u 2 EFCC if u dare try me again, typical unintelligent failure like u,

GBAM
Re: I Wanted To Quit After Zambia Victory – Amodu by mastalee(m): 7:37pm On Jan 27, 2010
Touching

Very touching
Re: I Wanted To Quit After Zambia Victory – Amodu by nguage(m): 7:42pm On Jan 27, 2010
Why? You can still do it after the Ghana game tommorow.
Re: I Wanted To Quit After Zambia Victory – Amodu by semid4lyfe(m): 7:45pm On Jan 27, 2010
Katsumoto, thanks for your correction and please stop shooting at shodows. . . . .Anyway, this is the correct statistics
16 Competitive Matches played
12 Wins
3 Draws
1 Loss
This is still an admirable record and achievement.

@ tkb417
No you're wrong. We had a 100% record in the 1st round of the World cup Qualifiers and did the double over South Africa beating them in Abuja (2-0 ) & S.A (1-0) with their Brazilian 'world class' coach. Bafana Bafana na small opposition? Moreover, the same Mozambique you disparage beat Tunisia (with their world class coach) and effectively ended their world cup dream. Have you forgotten so soon?
Re: I Wanted To Quit After Zambia Victory – Amodu by naso2(m): 7:46pm On Jan 27, 2010
mastalee:

I      wanted to        QUIT AFTER ZAMBIA VICTORY -----AMODU

how sweet.
Re: I Wanted To Quit After Zambia Victory – Amodu by ochukoccna: 7:48pm On Jan 27, 2010
For those calling our dear Super-Eagles, Super fowls, May the good lord rename them and their families "Cows". They are all big goats for not seeing how super the Nigerian soccer team is.

I for one have deleted the Super from the Eagles name because they are not yet I have not and dare not call them chickens nor fouls. Never the less I don't think if anyone calls them that I should take the gauntlet to fight them and their families as you have done. Or are you related to these unimpressive bunch of players? Even if yes, keep it civil. Thanks.
Re: I Wanted To Quit After Zambia Victory – Amodu by ochukoccna: 7:49pm On Jan 27, 2010
n-guage:

Why? You can still do it after the Ghana game tommorow.
[size=18pt]LMAO![/size] grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: I Wanted To Quit After Zambia Victory – Amodu by ayusman16(m): 7:53pm On Jan 27, 2010
na wao! some nldr cannot post intelligently 2 save their lives. Am out!
Re: I Wanted To Quit After Zambia Victory – Amodu by tkb417(m): 8:01pm On Jan 27, 2010
OMO IBO:

Did the Super Eagles defeat France under Amodu's watch?? I think the answer is yes.

read my post again
i said competitive game

Semid
South Africa? they didnt even qualify for nations cup
so effectively, Mozambique are better grin grin grin
Re: I Wanted To Quit After Zambia Victory – Amodu by Baptizer: 8:13pm On Jan 27, 2010
Amodu lacks technical competence and relying on old horse to scale through which is a big risk for a fotball loving nation like Nigeria. He should ask for the inclusion of a technical adviser in the coaching crew if he wants to keep his job.
Re: I Wanted To Quit After Zambia Victory – Amodu by semid4lyfe(m): 8:20pm On Jan 27, 2010
Who be this F.O.O.L wey dey try sound intelligent sef. . . .abeg waka jo. . . .no come here come dey bandy words around. . . . .Old school horse ko, new school donkey ni.
Re: I Wanted To Quit After Zambia Victory – Amodu by semid4lyfe(m): 8:20pm On Jan 27, 2010
Who be this F.O.O.L wey dey try sound intelligent sef. . . .abeg waka jo. . . .no come here come dey bandy words around. . . . .Old school horse ko, new school donkey ni.
Re: I Wanted To Quit After Zambia Victory – Amodu by goodass(m): 8:25pm On Jan 27, 2010
@ OP
abeg quit o, nobody de beg yu not to. good riddance to bad rubbish. tryin to whip up support frm other indigenous coaches, u don miss am o.
i wonda if gum de your bumbum, No. 1 spectator. very drab-lookin and uninspiring. just lemme catch yu 4 corner
Re: I Wanted To Quit After Zambia Victory – Amodu by oge4real(f): 8:30pm On Jan 27, 2010
Amodu should go even if we win the cup.Q.E.D.
Re: I Wanted To Quit After Zambia Victory – Amodu by semid4lyfe(m): 8:33pm On Jan 27, 2010
@ tkb417
*Morroco did not qualify for AFCON 2010
*Senegal did not qualify for AFCON 2010
*France did not qualify for USA 94
*Portugal did not qualify for USA 94
*England did not qualify for USA 94 etc etc
Does this mean these teams were useless and poor as at those years?
Re: I Wanted To Quit After Zambia Victory – Amodu by Katsumoto: 8:38pm On Jan 27, 2010
semid4lyfe:

@ tkb417

I don't get your argument.
They are powerhouses (which is debatable anyway) but they didn't qualify because they weren't good enough at those points in question.
Re: I Wanted To Quit After Zambia Victory – Amodu by tkb417(m): 8:46pm On Jan 27, 2010
semid4lyfe:

@ tkb417

yes, if they were good, they'll qualify grin grin grin

morocco is so shitty now they lost home and away to Gabon
South Africa are not better than Mozambique
Re: I Wanted To Quit After Zambia Victory – Amodu by bigrovar(m): 9:58pm On Jan 27, 2010
I would like to bring out some issues which many of our so called analyst failed to see.

[b]- Having Europe best players is now a course in disguise
[/b]Eever wonder why the west African region of Africa a region where many describe as the power house of African Football where 80% of the High profile players in Africa come from. Yet the last time a country from west Africa won the Nations cup was 16 years ago when Nigeria won it in 1994. Ever since neither of Senegal ( with their failed golden generation) Ghana, Ivory Coast, or Nigeria have lifted Afcon inspite of producing some of the best players in the world.

Ever wondered why the nations cup in recent times have been dominated by countries with strong domestic league where 80% of the team are home based? South Africa in 1996, Egypt in 1998, Tunisia in 2004, Eygpt in 2006 and again in 2008.
Do you see a trend. With the exception of Cameroon every country that have won the nations cup in the last 16 years are countries with strong domestic leagues where 80% of national team players come from the domestic league. The big* countries with 95%-100% Europe based players have all fumbled and wumbled (tm).

The problem is simple to understand. Football is a team sport and it require that players most have played together for a long period of them. The players know each other, off the pitch there still maintain a close friendship which is always important for team spirit and cordination. The advantage you get with this setup is that your national team players are easier to assemble and train for longer period of times without any limitations.

Compare to countries where over 95% of players play abroad were its not always easy to get clubs to release players even for major Tournaments the required 2 weeks rules which require clubs to release a player before every major Tourney is never obeyed and players arriving 3-2 days to a championship is now the norm. In such a sinerio what you have are 11 super star strangers on the pitch. There all come from different style of football. and are required to gel in such a short period of time? No football doesn't work that way. It is a team sport and there is no miracle that any coach can perform which would make 22 players suddenly develop a rhythm after playing together for just 3 days it just doesn't work that way with football. The result is a situation where so called smaller team (small because majority of their players play in their domestic league.) start to upset the Bigger teams.

There was a time in African football where it was an advantage to have Big* players in Europe. This was a time when the profile of african players is not as big as it is now. Were many african players always warmed the bench or where just squared members and most play for smaller European teams (mostly in Belgium and france) Hence players can leave their club for weeks and would not be missed. times have changed friends. African players are now hot cakes and clubs want to hold on to them afor as much as possible. making them less and less available for their national team. Take alook at the trend in this nations cup

Mali: The country with the best mid field in Africa on paper based the number of High profile players who play in their midfield. They didnt even make it past the first round.

Ivory Coast: On paper the best African Country ATM. there were roundly beaten by Algeria a country many of us cant even remember the name of one of their player before the tourney.

Cameroon: Another huge african country with top players playing in many big leagues in europe. there were beaten comprehensively by an Egyptian side largely made up of home best players

Nigeria: Another country that took 100% foreign based players to Afcon was on the ropes for most of their games against Zambia and had to result to penalties to win their game

The facts speaks for themselves friends. The problem of Nigerian team goes beyond just the Coach. Amodu may not be the best coach in the world. But given the situation I think he has done a good job and we should all praise him for that. In other to ever make an impact in Afcon we have to put our house in order and fix our domestic leagues so that we can produce a team largely based on home based players who have time to get to train and know each other. add one of 3 experience players from Europe and you have a killer recipe for Afcon. Blaming the coach is really just trying make him a scape goat for a much more bigger problem.

Many people say that Siasia is the best coach we have, forgeting that on 2 occassions when he took laurels for the nations he used players who have been playing together for over a year. In 2005 he took a bunch of largely unknown players to the u21 tourney and there got a silver. what many didnt know what the fact that Siasia boys had been playing together for clsoe to 2 years preparing for the championship same time happened in the olympic were he took roughly same players and got a silver. What happened when we was drafted to a team in just less then 4 months to the championship? his boys failed. why? lack of consistency.

I end my rather long post with this saying

I player that makes the team great is better than a great player
Re: I Wanted To Quit After Zambia Victory – Amodu by DakANGEL(f): 10:15pm On Jan 27, 2010
Ghana wl win
Re: I Wanted To Quit After Zambia Victory – Amodu by DakANGEL(f): 10:15pm On Jan 27, 2010
Ghana wl win
Re: I Wanted To Quit After Zambia Victory – Amodu by Tcrack(m): 10:28pm On Jan 27, 2010
semid4lyfe:

Katsumoto, thanks for your correction and please stop shooting at shodows. . . . .Anyway, this is the correct statistics
16 Competitive Matches played
12 Wins
3 Draws
1 Loss
This is still an admirable record and achievement.
WHAT ELSE MUST THIS GUY DO TO SATISFY YOU INGRATES? how many coaches can boast of such a record?

OMO IBO:

Did the Super Eagles defeat France under Amodu's watch?? I think the answer is YES.

oge4real:

Amodu should go even if we win the cup.Q.E.D.
And you will replace him with your father. Oge4real your father will be the coach and OMO IBO your own father will be the assistant.
Awon alakori. FUCKING INGRATES
Re: I Wanted To Quit After Zambia Victory – Amodu by mansmith(m): 10:54pm On Jan 27, 2010
he that plans to fail,fails to plan.Nigeria is not planninig so they will fail
Re: I Wanted To Quit After Zambia Victory – Amodu by omo2: 10:56pm On Jan 27, 2010
This Amodu chap sef! has he no shame? he has been appointed like 3 times, sacked liked 3 times for this same s***t: bad results. yet he still has the nerve to defend himself. his rouse is see-though, he wan chop gofment money. i dunno a coach that cant coach or demand respect from his players shouldnt be there. Anybody that thinks Amodu will leave honourably should stop decieving themselves, until he's sacked for the 4th time(?) lipsrsealed
Re: I Wanted To Quit After Zambia Victory – Amodu by Tcrack(m): 1:30am On Jan 28, 2010
omo2:

This Amodu chap sef! has he no shame? he has been appointed like 3 times, sacked liked 3 times for this same s***t: bad results. yet he still has the nerve to defend himself. his rouse is see-though, he wan chop gofment money. i dunno a coach that cant coach or demand respect from his players shouldnt be there. Anybody that thinks Amodu will leave honourably should stop decieving themselves, until he's sacked for the 4th time(?) lipsrsealed
, and for the fourth time, he will be replaced with someone who is worse than him. You guys never learn from history.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

BREAKING NEWS: Mason Greenwood Never Raped Me- Mason Greenwoods Ex / Mixed Martial Arts UFC 152 Result Jon Jones Vs Vitor Belfort Pictures / Messi Reign Is Over

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.