Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,385 members, 7,891,689 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 05:25 PM

I Can't Believe Am Hiv Negative - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I Can't Believe Am Hiv Negative (1231 Views)

Heroes In Birth: Inspiring Tales Of HIV Negative Bauchi Kids Born By Women / Can An HIV Negative Woman And Her HIV Positive Partner Conceive Naturally? / Gloria Ogbuka Ada Is HIV Negative - RSHMB (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Can't Believe Am Hiv Negative by shege45: 2:12pm On Jun 26, 2017
I wanna share my story,it might help someone out there

6 years ago,i had a sexual encounter with a lady whom i met for the first time,and i never knew her hiv status but i heard she was a promiscuous lady.Exactly 6days later,i fell really ill.although i used a condom on her and an sure it didn't burst.i went to the general hospital where the doctor told me it was malaria,he gave me some drugs which didn't help.Then i made the biggest mistake of my life by typing on google "symptoms of hiv".that was the beginning of my problem. I could remember vividly that i also had a stiff neck during that period.it was as if all the symptoms began to manifest.i went back to the general hospital again and this time,i mer with a consultant.He saw how pale i was looking and advice i do hiv test,it was just a month after the sexual encounter which i obliged and did the test.I was negative.i was happy about the result but deep down i still knew i had to wait for a 3months period to confirm.i never had the courage to go back.fast foward till two years ago,i went to niger to serve ,all my life i have never had typhoid but this cut me there,o treat it comes back in few months, my major sign is abdominal pain.within the space of 2years i have treated typhoid over 5times still it comes back.so i felt my immune system is totally down.i inform my two elder sisters about this,that i think its high time i do this cause the typhoid is back again. just this afternoon they came and we decided to side line my mum. I was already telling the lab attendant to direct me to the closest hiv center.my result came out negative. I wept there because for over 6years,i have been wasting my time on something that was not there.And small headache or sickness i had during that period, i would attribute to hiv.i have learnt some lessons from this

1)not because you fall ill regularly, it then means you have hiv.Hiv doesn't have a particular symptom.The only way to know is testing
2)i hear myths of how condoms has holes in them,this is a big lie.A doctor once told me the only way hiv could pass is if it burst.thats when they say its improperly used. always use a cd
3)never Google your symptoms especially "symptoms of hiv".it would give you what you want.
The brain is a powerful tool,it can make you believe what isn't there,as long as you give it too much thought

Re: I Can't Believe Am Hiv Negative by eezeribe(m): 4:34pm On Jun 26, 2017
You have been living with fear brought upon yourself because of random sex...
At the end of your story,you still encouraged random sex by advocating condom use...
For your information,the virus is smaller than the condom pores...
That your doctor really 'gave you a good advice'.
I will advise you to be more careful because A ROASTED GRASSHOPPER STILL BRINGS OUT FRESH OIL.

1 Like

Re: I Can't Believe Am Hiv Negative by BiafraBushBoy(m): 4:34pm On Jun 26, 2017
Smiles...
Avoid sex...
Re: I Can't Believe Am Hiv Negative by obamabinladen(m): 4:40pm On Jun 26, 2017
During my wedding, I was mandated by the church to do this test...mehn, fear really catch me no be small. I thank God that I am OK.
Re: I Can't Believe Am Hiv Negative by Cladez(m): 4:47pm On Jun 26, 2017
All the same never forget rule number 1) USE PROTECTION.lesson to everyone out there.
Re: I Can't Believe Am Hiv Negative by femi4: 4:49pm On Jun 26, 2017
The power of fear

And Job said:

Job 3:25
What I feared has come upon me; what I dreaded has happened to me

1 Like

Re: I Can't Believe Am Hiv Negative by Larryfest(m): 4:51pm On Jun 26, 2017
BiafraBushBoy:
Smiles...

Avoid sex...
Lol u mean random sex rite cos guys no wan hear dat advice.....Op sef own too much gave himself headache on what he could have just gone for the test one time.
Re: I Can't Believe Am Hiv Negative by BiafraBushBoy(m): 4:56pm On Jun 26, 2017
Larryfest:

Lol u mean random sex rite cos guys no wan hear dat advice.....Op sef own too much gave himself headache on what he could have just gone for the test one time.

anyone sha... lol
Re: I Can't Believe Am Hiv Negative by MrBrownJay1(m): 5:10pm On Jun 26, 2017
BiafraBushBoy:
Smiles...

Avoid unprotected sex with strangers

FIXED
Re: I Can't Believe Am Hiv Negative by shege45: 5:21pm On Jun 26, 2017
eezeribe:
You have been living with fear brought upon yourself because of random sex...
At the end of your story,you still encouraged random sex by advocating condom use...
For your information,the virus is smaller than the condom pores...
That your doctor really 'gave you a good advice'.
I will advise you to be more careful because A ROASTED GRASSHOPPER STILL BRINGS OUT FRESH OIL.
my bro lets nt deceive ourselves, even if u tell dem nt to have sex,dey still would. i can only advice to use protection
Re: I Can't Believe Am Hiv Negative by PRISTINEMUSCLES: 7:48pm On Jun 26, 2017
That is the power of the mind. Once you protect yourself with a good condom as well as maintaining a faithful sexual partner, there is usually no cause to fear. I can count how many times i have gone "skin to skin" and it is usually with someone "clean".

(1) (Reply)

See How To Cure Hypertension { High Blood Pressure} At Home In Nigeria. / See How To Naturally Cure Poor Erection / Fake Peak Milk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.