Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,793 members, 7,969,349 topics. Date: Tuesday, 08 October 2024 at 06:12 AM

Yobo: I Am Medically Fit - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Yobo: I Am Medically Fit (640 Views)

Gideon Yobo And Wife Welcome Baby (photos) / Joseph Yobo Poses With His Two Sons / Man Stopped From Slapping Keshi For Substituting Moses For Yobo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yobo: I Am Medically Fit by newmaster(m): 4:10pm On Jan 27, 2010
Yobo: I am medically fit
Posted: 2010-01-27 16:45

Joseph Yobo has told KickOffNigeria.com that he is 'medically fit' and would be ready to play if selected by Nigeria coach Shuaibu Amodu for Thursday's semifinal clash against Ghana.

"I spoke to the doctors and the initial diagnosis was that I would be out for between 10 days and two weeks. Fortunately, the injury was just a strain and not as bad as we thought.

"Today is my 11th day and I have been running for the past few days. Medically, I am fit and ready to play," Yobo told KickOffNigeria.com on Wednesday afternoon.

He added that he may not play as a precautionary measure.

"Maybe the coaches might want me to rest just to be on the safe side, but we will see by tomorrow," he said.

Yobo pulled up in pain after 53 minutes of Nigeria's second game against Benin Republic on January 16 and was actually expected to be back in time for the semifinals.

Nigeria play Ghana on Thursday in Luanda. The game comes up by 17h00 Nigeria time.

Colin Udoh
Re: Yobo: I Am Medically Fit by Kx: 4:13pm On Jan 27, 2010
I hope Amodu wont make d worst mistake of fielding him against ghana.
We dont want to sing boys2 men's end of the road yet.
Re: Yobo: I Am Medically Fit by hollandis(f): 5:13pm On Jan 27, 2010
Is it by being medical fit? The Shittu - Apam - Echiejele - Yusuf combination is a potent force and Nigerians are satisfied with their performance so far.
You are better off on the bench.
Re: Yobo: I Am Medically Fit by Revealer: 8:25pm On Jan 27, 2010
Just stumbled on a story that confirms that Joseph Yobo actually visited the Synagogue to seek for healing on the injury that threatened to end his actions at the CAN 2010.

See for yourself:

http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/show/306176,sports-medicine-african-style--feature,sports-medicine-african-style--feature.html
Re: Yobo: I Am Medically Fit by Nosa77(m): 11:39pm On Jan 27, 2010
i read dat report, sounds like a farce but i believe we'll hear from yobo himself to confirm d truth - by now, he must ahve learnt of the report,

(1) (Reply)

Log On To Edetcb.wen.ru 4 All Ur Sport News / Proposed Naija Squad For The World Cup What Do You Think / New Eagles’ Coach Must Get Us World Cup -sani Lulu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.