Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,557 members, 7,968,584 topics. Date: Monday, 07 October 2024 at 09:50 AM

Christians: Can a Non-Christian Go to Heaven? - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians: Can a Non-Christian Go to Heaven? (29039 Views)

Poll: Christians: can a non-Christian enter heaven?

Yes: 31% (21 votes)
No: 40% (27 votes)
I'm not a Christian: 27% (18 votes)
This poll has ended

Must A Christian Go To Church Before His/ Her Prayers Be Answer? / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christians: Can a Non-Christian Go to Heaven? by Hndholder(m): 12:34pm On Apr 19, 2006
Can a Non-Christian Go to Heaven? YES Q.E.D.
Re: Christians: Can a Non-Christian Go to Heaven? by kimba(m): 11:48pm On Apr 20, 2006
@balogun
You still haven't told me whether you have done good for your fellow man Kimba. All you are doing is preaching to me! As you can see I am happy for christians to say they will go to heaven, if there is such a place.
Yes sir, im doing good for my fellowman.
No, im not preaching to you. Im telling you the truth.
Yes, there is a Heaven. That is where God Lives. That is where He wants us to live eternally

What I object to is them saying all other religion believers will not go there. That is so unchristian and selfish. I would have thought all christians would be happy for everybody to be in heaven irrespective of their religion or belief. Next thing it will be catholics only that go to heaven or is evangelists or is it baptists, maybe the protestants!! Last post on this subject from me!!!
Sorry if your feelings are hurt, but I didnt write the Bible. In fact, I played no part in writing it. Its the book of Instructions God has given to man. I have read it, believed it and proved it. I didnt say all non-christians irrespective of their religion/belief wont go to Heaven, what I said is that those who will get to Heaven will have to believe in God, would have to believe in Christ's atoning blood, and would have to obey the Bible. Now, if you can practice another religion, as long as you are born again and washed by Christ's blood, then you can put the rest together.
Re: Christians: Can a Non-Christian Go to Heaven? by virozuru(f): 4:01pm On Apr 27, 2006
Re: Christians: Can a Non-Christian Go to Heaven? by Hndholder(m): 4:56pm On Apr 27, 2006
Not all that call me father, but all those that does the will of almighty. Non christian will surely get there.
Re: Christians: Can a Non-Christian Go to Heaven? by larger20(m): 1:16am On Apr 28, 2006
Hnd-holder:

Not all that call me father, but all those that does the will of almighty. Non christian will surely get there.

You are absolutley right. I wish I repented at some point in my life instead of knowing God from childhood. The reason for saying this is because now i am grown and use to god, sometimes I take him as a normal thing but God is far above normal thing and i feel that i will take him even more seriously if i repented some point in my life.
Re: Christians: Can a Non-Christian Go to Heaven? by donnie(m): 6:11pm On May 01, 2006
larger_20,

I feel u,

but u see, a christian isn't someone who just repented.

To repent means to change your way of thinking.

A charistian is a lot more than that. He is actually a partaker of the

divine nature. He is a possesor of eternal life and of heaven and earth.

When you fully understand this, you will see your christian life as an

active vibrant adventure in faith.

When you are involved world evangelism, there is a freshness you will

constantly experience each time you see souls turn to the Lord.

God will continually refresh you through His Spirit and promote you with

His gifts and with his presence.

Each time you cast out devils as you pronounce that name of

Jesus' you are exited; each time the sick are healed through you, you

are exited.

Never let these things become common to you. For many seek to see

these things that you see and have not seen them.

Never get used to God for there is always something new with God,

always another level to get to in Him.

I wish i gave my heart to Christ a lot earlier in life 'cos by now i would

have known God's Word a lot more.

I might have had several visitations of Jesus as He appears in my

room, talking with me face to face.

I might have had several visons and revelations of heaven, and even

translations into the hevenlies.

Arise and shine for your light is come and the glory of God is risen upon you!
Re: Christians: Can a Non-Christian Go to Heaven? by Hndholder(m): 10:31am On May 02, 2006
Fake reasoning! sad
Re: Christians: Can a Non-Christian Go to Heaven? by donnie(m): 5:42pm On May 03, 2006
Sorry,

this is not for you because you can only live the Christian life through theĀ  Spirit.

The carnally minded cannot live that life.
Re: Christians: Can a Non-Christian Go to Heaven? by Seun(m): 6:10pm On May 03, 2006
I've added a poll. please start voting!
Re: Christians: Can a Non-Christian Go to Heaven? by larger20(m): 9:25pm On May 03, 2006
equal If u answered No, U r a conservative
If you answereed Yes, you are a liberal like myself (that is not a permission to sign but reasoning that is worth giving some taught)
If you are not a christian or religious, then you're probably one of thoese hanging in the air, and enjoying life as it comes and goes. However think about this, what happens to ur soul when u die?
Re: Christians: Can a Non-Christian Go to Heaven? by nferyn(m): 9:45pm On May 03, 2006
larger_20:

equal If u answered No, U r a conservative
What does the question have to do with a political position?

larger_20:

If you answereed Yes, you are a liberal like myself (that is not a permission to sign but reasoning that is worth giving some taught)
Again, what does a political position to do with a religious question like that? What about a atheist humanistic moderately left wing social democrat like myself?

larger_20:

If you are not a christian or religious, then you're probably one of thoese hanging in the air, and enjoying life as it comes and goes. However think about this, what happens to your soul when u die?
Soul, what's that? I don't understand the meaning of that word.
Re: Christians: Can a Non-Christian Go to Heaven? by larger20(m): 10:35pm On May 03, 2006
nferyn:

What does the question have to do with a political position?
Again, what does a political position to do with a religious question like that? What about a atheist humanistic moderately left wing social democrat like myself?
Soul, what's that? I don't understand the meaning of that word.

I am a political person so dont take it personal,
Re: Christians: Can a Non-Christian Go to Heaven? by nferyn(m): 10:41pm On May 03, 2006
larger_20:

I am a political person so don't take it personal,
No probs, I honestly don't understand why you brought politics into this thread.
Re: Christians: Can a Non-Christian Go to Heaven? by larger20(m): 6:29am On May 04, 2006
let me give u some political answer,
From the original definition of conservative, a person who tends to stick to the original and never change. It makes sense that if a person sticks to the bible without concidering the developments in the current trends or society, such person can be called a conservative . A conservative is not only a political word. We see it in philosophy and psychology and even in everyday life.

Politics has a lot to do with religion, the people that killed Jesus were politicians, infact jesus was killed due to politics because he cliamed to be the king of the jews. Its like impeaching a president in the president generation, do u think they will be looking at u do ur thing?

the original idea of papacy was religion but due to the development in this current generation, papacy is gradually turning to politics. Hence Pope John paul the second traveled around the world to expand souls for christ. During the time of paul, there is nothing like aeroplane and saul did not get to see what john paul saw before he died. What John paul saw contributed to the shift from religion to politics. For example the adolph hitler rose to take the world, the hirroshima bomb, all of these devlish acts both religion and politics teamed together to prevent it. The politics comming with power, religion comming with virtures and reasoning,

Regarding ur third question, Soul is your inner consceince. When u r sleeping, soul is alive, when ur dead, soul is alive. Soul is the amargedeon b/w your fresh and your spirit. They are always fighting, You are the "hot damsel" b/w your soul and your fresh. Soul is wife of concience and it is hard to talk about one without the other,
Both christians and non christians have souls and that is why when u sin or do bad thing, you will reflect on it.

People take marrijuana and other hard drugs before they do bad things. this is to prevent the soul from remembering their actions becasue honestly as a man, u can deny u dont have it, u dont need to be a christian to have it but these are some of the virtures of christianity that makes us belive that indeed there is good,
Re: Christians: Can a Non-Christian Go to Heaven? by Hndholder(m): 8:49am On May 04, 2006
grin grin grin shocked shocked shocked
donnie:

Sorry,

this is not for you because you can only live the Christian life through the Spirit.

The carnally minded cannot live that life.

You need a MIRROR to see your Christianity as a deity rag, Make believe type. No humility at all I wonder the kind of people that associate with you. Birds of a feather
Re: Christians: Can a Non-Christian Go to Heaven? by nferyn(m): 9:02am On May 04, 2006
larger_20:

let me give u some political answer,
From the original definition of conservative, a person who tends to stick to the original and never change. It makes sense that if a person sticks to the bible without concidering the developments in the current trends or society, such person can be called a conservative . A conservative is not only a political word. We see it in philosophy and psychology and even in everyday life.
You were using conservative and liberal as the two options, which is a very American way of looking at things. No need to lecture on the meaning of the word conservative, I am aware of it's origin.

larger_20:

Politics has a lot to do with religion, the people that killed Jesus were politicians, infact jesus was killed due to politics because he cliamed to be the king of the jews. Its like impeaching a president in the president generation, do u think they will be looking at u do your thing?
Yes, and how does that relate to the original question?

larger_20:

the original idea of papacy was religion but due to the development in this current generation, papacy is gradually turning to politics. Hence Pope John paul the second traveled around the world to expand souls for christ. During the time of paul, there is nothing like aeroplane and saul did not get to see what john paul saw before he died. What John paul saw contributed to the shift from religion to politics. For example the adolph hitler rose to take the world, the hirroshima bomb, all of these devlish acts both religion and politics teamed together to prevent it. The politics comming with power, religion comming with virtures and reasoning,
The papacy (or in extension the Roman Catholic Church) was far more political in the past than it is now. You might want to read a little about the Borgia family and papal armies.

larger_20:

Regarding your third question, Soul is your inner consceince. When you're sleeping, soul is alive, when your dead, soul is alive. Soul is the amargedeon b/w your fresh and your spirit. They are always fighting, You are the "hot damsel" b/w your soul and your fresh. Soul is wife of concience and it is hard to talk about one without the other,
You're giving a description of something that is not detectable and still doesn't make much sense. What are the boundaries of the soul and how does it relate to consciousness?

larger_20:

Both christians and non christians have souls and that is why when u sin or do bad thing, you will reflect on it.
Don't understand.

larger_20:

People take marrijuana and other hard drugs before they do bad things.
Marihuana is not a hard drug. It doesn't make one forget, alcohol is far more efficient in that matter

larger_20:

this is to prevent the soul from remembering their actions becasue honestly as a man, u can deny u don't have it, u don't need to be a christian to have it but these are some of the virtures of christianity that makes us believe that indeed there is good,
Moral behaviour is very beneficial for cooperative species like ourself. Our survival depends on it.
Re: Christians: Can a Non-Christian Go to Heaven? by donnie(m): 3:31pm On May 13, 2006
HND,

true humility my friend is submitting to the finished work of Christ, without trying to be anything of your own self but that which christ has made you to be. It is accepting that his work for us on that cross was sufficient, final and powerful enough for the salvation of all mankind.

It has nothing to do with leaving the Master's table to eat with dogs.

It has nothing to do with denying the Lord Jesus and his testimony of himself as the way the truth and the life, and the only mediator between God and man.

According to the words of Paul the Apostle , they ae ignorant of the righteousness of God and they go about to establish their own righteousness, they have not submitted to the righteousnessof God.
Re: Christians: Can a Non-Christian Go to Heaven? by Gamine(f): 7:06am On Dec 31, 2006
ooh my NLdrs at it again,
the stupid questions they keep asking, hmm
(Need for Sleep: Yawning)
Re: Christians: Can a Non-Christian Go to Heaven? by lexyflexy(m): 11:16pm On Jan 17, 2007
Una still dey here?

make una dey here dey write Epistle on wetin [b]Bros G [/b]don conclude
Re: Christians: Can a Non-Christian Go to Heaven? by IDINRETE: 1:43am On Mar 16, 2007
OJU stated that:
"U know when Jesus died and he rose up from the grave the 1st place he went to was hell. he did this to give the people who died before the birth of Jesus the opportunity to hear the good news and to accept him as lord and saviour." WHAT PROOF OR EVIDENCE HAVE YOU GOT ON THE JOURNEY TO HELL ?

Can you pinpoint where the hell is?
what were all those good people who lived a [G]odly life before they died doing in hell aren't they suppose to be in heaven or paradise, so (a) because they did not hear the good news they were sent to hell, thats absurd (b) even after the birth of JC and his assumed resurrection there were people [good people for object of the thread] that did not even hear the good news and they could not have accepted Jesus, were they automatically sent to hell? Jesus probably could have made hell is abode to welcome the new entrants to hell and tell them about the good news and for them to accept him as Lord and saviour sad sad sad sad sad sad sad

THIS NEEDS TO BE CLARIFIED
Re: Christians: Can a Non-Christian Go to Heaven? by Biblezap(m): 2:56pm On Mar 21, 2007
I look forward to explaining that there are TWO SALVATIONS!!

that is what the BIBLE teaches

Not all go to heaven, now most have never even heard of the name above all names wherin one must believe (and therefore be obedient to the point of 'death-of-self-will' in order to 'enter heaven'.

The very fact that so much good is done by non-Christians, and by contrast- so much evil by Christians - should tell us that when Jesus in John 5:28-29 spoke of the Ressurection of the 'Righteous and the non-Righteous' , there are clearly two ressurections!

These two ressurections are emphasized in the last book of the Bible.
In Revelation the first ressurection is spoken of in distinction to the second ressurection!

Yes indeed, Revelation chapter 20 verse 6 gives it to us clearly that those raised first are (1) untouched by death, and (2) they rule over , those raised in the second ressurection (who still can die - they are not 'death-proof').

Just a start of a 'train' of thought - if you are a thinking person and not indoctrinated in a set-pattern:
Consider: who will be ruled over (if those going to heaven are to be 'Kings and Priests' - over themselves?)
Consider: who will inherit the earth (Jesus in Matthew 5 says the 'meek')

- I shall stop there -- looking forward to the responses! fFor More thought-provoking discussion- www.biblestudentsonline.net and click on the Discussion Board/Forum -- it's interactive! smile
Re: Christians: Can a Non-Christian Go to Heaven? by drbelloim(m): 10:31pm On Mar 22, 2007
Heaven and hell are but the creations of God, now will the Xtians go to hell or heaven? will non-Xtians go to hell or heaven?

In my opinion this depends on the God we are talking about, and what that Gods message said about those that do not believe in him.
Christianity (presumed to be followership of Jesus) in my opinion has the least requirements ifor heaven, n as much as the only requirement here is for one JUST to believe, what ever wrong a person does , there is no , and cannot be any punishment executable by man ( let him who is without sin cast the first stone, and all men are sinners!) So if a man kills another man, the punishment? - nothing! God here did not say anything to man ( in xtian phylosophy, we are all sinners so a man will have to wait for judgement day (or other man made law- depending on the approval of the senate) so basic positions on criminal and even occasionally civic laws which exist in both Judaism and Islam are totally wiped out in xtianity. so leave well as long as you believe in Jesus (according to xtianity) the only question remains on the orign of the scriptures not in terms of historic facts, but in terms of authenticity of the message beign Godly in the first place and not a creation of the Romans, and the emperor Alexander!

in Islam it is dfferent, here alot of passages , quite alot say " those who believe and do good works" so here in as much as just believe is an article of faith , you must wrap it all up with good works, apart from thaat even then it is not like these much good work is adequate to buy you heaven, NO! it all has to be buttered up by the mercy of God,

So you see the positions differ and the requirments vary, God know best.
peace.
Re: Christians: Can a Non-Christian Go to Heaven? by Ferlie(m): 10:31pm On Mar 22, 2007
some people go rewrite the bible o.
Re: Christians: Can a Non-Christian Go to Heaven? by felia(f): 12:30am On Jul 13, 2007
what has christian and non christian gat to do with going to heaven?
Re: Christians: Can a Non-Christian Go to Heaven? by IDINRETE: 9:22am On Jul 13, 2007
Ferlie:

some people go rewrite the bible o.

lots of people have been redacting and rewriting the bible there is a buffet of it, you pick which one suits you most.

Septuagiant
King James Version
New American Standard Version
New International Version
New King James Version

and lots and lots of versions
Re: Christians: Can a Non-Christian Go to Heaven? by Kuns: 3:36pm On Jul 26, 2007
There are millions of people on the planet who do not believe in the God of the bible, and there are still alive.

How would you define heaven? Where is heaven? Is it is the clouds or in the sky?
Re: Christians: Can a Non-Christian Go to Heaven? by MsEbz(f): 12:51pm On Jul 28, 2007
If there is a heaven most Christians might not even get in.

Anyway I voted I'm not Christian.
Re: Christians: Can a Non-Christian Go to Heaven? by mnwankwo(m): 2:56pm On Aug 03, 2007
Any person who lives in obedience to the laws of God will go to heaven irrespective of what religion he or she professes to belong. Religion, sex, colour, statues and things of such nature are not requirments for heaven. The laws of God is independent of the various religious creeds. Any person who loves God with all his heart and loves his neighbour as himself will find his way to heaven. Christians and non Christians experience suffering, joy, miracle, disease, success, failure etc. Diamond is diamond wheather it is held by a christian, moslem, budhist is inconsequencial. If a christian sows a viable seed in a fertile soil, he or she will have the seed germinate and blossom into a fruit bearing seed in the course of time. A moslem or a budhist who does the same will achieve the same result. If however a christian want to show that he or she operates above the basic law of agriculture by sowing the seeds in sahara desert, he or she will reap a roasted and dead seed and no amount of prayer can change it. The same will happen to any believer of other religions who sow the seeds in Sahara desert. Ofcourse this is an anology that can be extended to spiritual matters too.

1 Like

Re: Christians: Can a Non-Christian Go to Heaven? by Nobody: 10:18pm On Mar 01, 2008
@ poller, think my bible is not outdate yet. angry
Re: Christians: Can a Non-Christian Go to Heaven? by vampire(m): 8:14pm On Mar 09, 2008
according to the Bible , NO!!
Re: Christians: Can a Non-Christian Go to Heaven? by Maykelly(f): 1:18pm On Mar 17, 2008
vampire:

according to the Bible , NO!!

Yes, except Vampire.
Re: Christians: Can a Non-Christian Go to Heaven? by kolaoloye(m): 1:30pm On Mar 17, 2008
no, NO, NO, NO way.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Pastor Slumps And Dies During Child Dedication Service In Maiduguri Church / When Did The Apostles Become Born Again? / Samuel Kelechi Eze, Polygamous Bishop Of Anglican Church In Akwete Abia- 2 Wives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.