Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,686 members, 7,951,858 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 05:23 AM

Spiritual Experiences I Have Encountered As A Christian - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Spiritual Experiences I Have Encountered As A Christian (1150 Views)

How I Encountered The Of Kingdom Wealth Through A Vision Of Bishop Oyedepo / An Atheist Encountered Powers In Dunamis; There Is God Ooooo / 5 Supernatural Experiences You Will Have When You Genuinely Encounter God... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Spiritual Experiences I Have Encountered As A Christian by Hier(m): 12:34pm On Jun 27, 2017
Well, I believe everyone at one stage in their life always want to have an encounter with God, thanks to our home churches who tells us not to join other churches when we go to school and all of that, and they say all manner of things just to scar us away somehow in case we have abhorred such imaginations.

I actually changed church, it was a long story, one you won't want to read, though quite interesting, but might lengthen my post. It all started when I was baptised in the Holy Ghost and I spoke in tongues (Acts1:5;2:4;8:17;10:44-46,19:1-7), you see, you can see in those verses that a sure sign that anyone is filled with the Holy Ghost is when the term or a sign is seen which is a physical manifestation of action, evidently speaking in tongues. That's when you can truly say, such a person has been filled with the Holy Ghost and we ought to stay filled always(Eph5:18).

Yea, lemme list down physical manifestations I have personally experienced, I probably could have manifested in some before I was filled with the Holy Ghost, but those I can distinctly point out are those I experienced after I was filled and I spoke in other tongues)

1. Speaking in tongues

2. Prophesying

3. Hearing Gods voice(About hearing, you need to know Gods word very well, else you might listen to a stranger)

4. Singing melodies- (this took time though, I was in a meeting where someone was manifesting this gift, the sound was so awesome, I so much loved it, and I was told to make a contact on the person flowing in the gift, and somehow, that night, I noticed I was flowing in it too. Paul said, desire spiritual gifts, 1 Corin 14:1)

5. Laughing in the spirit (Many time when you are tense or just not feeling happy, Is61:3)

6. Inspirational dance steps during intense worship(many times, this dance steps are expressions of the dances angels are dancing, and if its a church where the choir or the person leading does not have a spiritual life of prayer, you won't dance anything, as a matter of fact, the worship would irritate you, no matter how good it sounds, many times, I just fold my hands while others are dancing)

7. Vibration of my left hand during prayer (the healing anointing)

8. Seeing visions during deep prayer(my eyes always tries to close as though I was unconscious)

9. Coldness from inside, after long worship or prayer(anointings all over you, with time, they fade away, unless you pray again)

10. Hotness on a part of my body, esp, my hand(I have not understood this, but sometimes it could mean you are getting somethings wrong

11. Joking when praying(well, this depends on personality, but its usually fun if I am with God, many people do think am a boring person but they need to see me with God)

12. Deep meditation resulting in silence when I felt I should be praying; this one could get you annoyed many times, just yield to the dynamic of the spirit, the spirit worketh as He pleases, not as you please.(1 corin12:11 says wills)

13. Burdens - discomforts(The only way to stop this one is to pray) Jesus was said to travail heavily John 16:21, many times, there is something God wants to use your prayer for.

14. Smelling sweet and fine fragrance(presence of God or an Angel around where you are)

15. Singing Songs you never heard before(many times, the lyric is a message)

16. Ability to tell where someone stands in God (many time, I can tell if you are born again if I see you or if you are given to immortal spirit)

17. Chatting in tongues (as you speak in tongues, sometimes, you notice you are chatting with someone, you speak as though you are speaking with someone, if you want to see one, go download "mighty transforming tongues by Gods general" The one Baba Oyedepo is in it, those in the compilation are Baba Oyedepo, Urbert Angel, Kenneth Hagin, Rodney Howard Brown(Laughing in the spirit), Chris Oyakhilome, Dulcan Williams, Kenneth Copeland and many others
But see where Copeland and Rodney Howard were both speaking in tongues, I think Copeland was on the pulpit, Rodney was down and they were both chatting in tongues) When I operate in this gift, though not often, its almost a week I operated in it and before then, like a year, so its not for you to force to come, they come naturally.

18. Shaking people.(many times, when someone shakes me, I do hate shaking people, esp when I have prayed for so long. But when I shake people, I pick up a burden from them and I deal with them when I start praying, this one operates like intercession

19. If there is a long bench, and a smoker or someone with an unclean spirit in great measure comes around, I feel irritated and leave to another place.

20. Evangelism: I am walking on the street and I go to one place, usually been led and am like, what's going on here, I shouldn't be here, sometimes, I pray and destroy yokes over places as I do this and many times, I see someone on the street and I feel this pull towards them, the messages is, evangelise to them.

Now, as we sense those that are of God, so must we be able to sense those that are pertain to destroying dark works.

I call this one strike back, I think in everybodies Christianity 101, first thing you should know, is spiritual warfare(Believers Authority), I think am tayad self, but download and read a pdf here.

www.google.com.ng/search?q=believe+authority+pdf+Kenneth+Hagin&client=ms-opera-mini-android&channel=new&gws_rd=cr&ei=skFSWdbtK4HgaNXOtugK
Re: Spiritual Experiences I Have Encountered As A Christian by kellytuns(m): 12:54pm On Jun 27, 2017
Lead me to be like you
Re: Spiritual Experiences I Have Encountered As A Christian by Hier(m): 1:13pm On Jun 27, 2017
okay
kellytuns:
Lead me to be like you
okay

If you are really serious, we can talk later, but many times, I like it when one has accurate understanding of what they desire. Yea, I would say, get up to 20 PDFs by Kenneth Hagin and let's start from there, yea, I expect you to read them of course, most of his books are 39pages, at least you should be able to read 5 a day, and you should be done in a day, I would follow you, kindly follow back thanks. But, I would advise and I think that's the important thing, get a spirit filled church to attend which is Bible based if you can
Re: Spiritual Experiences I Have Encountered As A Christian by Hier(m): 1:18pm On Jun 27, 2017
kellytuns:
Lead me to be like you

Oooh, we are all hiers of God sir and as Children of God, we are so distinct and special before God, our attributes are unique, the gifts God gives to you, He might not give to me. The Bible said, He gave some Apostles, some, some and some, the verse below explains the full scope of the church

Ephesians 4:11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; 4:12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ: 4:13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:

God has given some, some specific ability, not for their personal consumption, but for the purpose of using it to raise others, and those they raise would raise others and those they raised would raised others and the buttomline spreads until the whole world comes. looool, are you ready, Jesus said count the cost

2 Timothy 2:2 And the things that thou hast heard of me among many witnesses, the same commit thou to faithful men, who shall be able to teach others also.
Re: Spiritual Experiences I Have Encountered As A Christian by NoWorries7(m): 3:46pm On Jun 27, 2017
You're not being lead by the spirit of GOD...
Re: Spiritual Experiences I Have Encountered As A Christian by Oloruntobi4382(m): 4:56pm On Jun 27, 2017
Another brainwashed Yahwist, if you experience the supernatural you will realize all what you wrote is wash. Try Magick first.
Re: Spiritual Experiences I Have Encountered As A Christian by Nobody: 8:08pm On Jun 27, 2017
Watin Be The Name Of The Church Wey U Go And The One Wey U Commot From? U No Go Go Open Ur Own Church? If All The Above Are True
Re: Spiritual Experiences I Have Encountered As A Christian by Hier(m): 10:09pm On Jun 27, 2017
onuhabel1:
Watin Be The Name Of The Church Wey U Go And The One Wey U Commot From? U No Go Go Open Ur Own Church? If All The Above Are True

Luke 1:80 And the child grew, and waxed strong in spirit, and was in the deserts till the day of his shewing unto Israel.
Re: Spiritual Experiences I Have Encountered As A Christian by Nobody: 10:18pm On Jun 27, 2017
Hier:

Luke 1:80 And the child grew, and waxed strong in spirit, and was in the deserts till the day of his shewing unto Israel.
What Has That To Do With My Questions?
Re: Spiritual Experiences I Have Encountered As A Christian by Oloruntobi4382(m): 10:23pm On Jun 27, 2017
onuhabel1:
What Has That To Do With My Questions?
Lol
Re: Spiritual Experiences I Have Encountered As A Christian by hoMegas(m): 1:38am On Jun 28, 2017

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How Can I Identify The True Religion ???? / Is This True About MFM? See What Group Wrote About The Church / Can The Lord Forgive The Devil If He Confesses His Sins And Repents From Evil?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.