Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,646 members, 7,878,882 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 08:47 AM

South Africa World Cup 'snubbed By Foreign Fans' - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / South Africa World Cup 'snubbed By Foreign Fans' (4333 Views)

3 Quick Ways To Get Your Visa Application Approved By Foreign Embassies In Niger / World Cup Has Shown Me The Otherside Of South Africa. / Princess(dr)rachael Adefunke Wellington And Her Company Trans Africa World Air (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South Africa World Cup 'snubbed By Foreign Fans' by rasputinn(m): 8:46am On Jan 30, 2010
Tudór:

Yes, it was Angela merkel and Gordon Brown who killed foreigners in the xenophobic attacks. . . I saw them.

Buahahahahahahahahahahahaha

@ RSA
Much as I appreciate your PR job for your country,there're still some cold hard truths you just can't wish away,not even with a million cuss words on nairaland
Re: South Africa World Cup 'snubbed By Foreign Fans' by Emmyk(m): 9:18am On Jan 30, 2010
Well, well, well, I pray nofin bad happen during the world cup but Stay The Heck Outta BULLETS! you need to start watching extra war films now so you could learn some "MYSTERIOUS DODGE" Oh Yeah? YEAH!!! For me, I wud be Glued to ma DSTV (^^,)
Re: South Africa World Cup 'snubbed By Foreign Fans' by chelseabmw(m): 12:43pm On Jan 30, 2010
I have gotten mine already, i will be there live at SA
Re: South Africa World Cup 'snubbed By Foreign Fans' by londoner: 2:39pm On Jan 30, 2010
well, this is a shame, but S.A now has a taste of what the rest of sub saharan Africa goes through in terms of negative press and skewed coverage of the "facts". Sorry to say, but the South African press has also done this to non South Africans in the country. There are particular nationalities in S.A which the press deliberately give front page news to concerning the negative. Meanwhile keeping more positive information at bay. As much as I am sad as an African that this is happening, I am not surprised and also dont have much sympathy for S.A.

Welcome to the real world, that the rest of Africa is in.
Re: South Africa World Cup 'snubbed By Foreign Fans' by CILondon: 7:06pm On Jan 30, 2010
they are scared of by crime and violence - we Blacks really know how to rrun a country into the ground after white man hands it over to us
Re: South Africa World Cup 'snubbed By Foreign Fans' by sjeezy8: 7:24pm On Jan 30, 2010
lool I heard the media talking about the need for foreigners to buy stab proof vest for the world cup.

South Africa deserves it they purposely cut other african countries short and alienate other black foreigners.
Re: South Africa World Cup 'snubbed By Foreign Fans' by chic2pimp(m): 8:40pm On Jan 30, 2010
Tudór:

Yes, it was Angela merkel and Gordon Brown who killed foreigners in the xenophobic attacks. . . I saw them.
grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

sjeezy8:

lool I heard the media talking about the need for foreigners to buy stab proof vest for the world cup.

South Africa deserves it they purposely cut other african countries short and alienate other black foreigners.
Chei una Nairalanders wicked oooo grin grin cheesy cheesy
Re: South Africa World Cup 'snubbed By Foreign Fans' by martho(m): 9:11pm On Jan 30, 2010
Damn d Germans--They r always like that. . .dis poo got 2 stop.
We must come 2gether to oppose these enemies.
we must embarass those who ar comfortable with their racism.
south africans speak out--u have d right 2 your own feelings and d right 2 express them.
Re: South Africa World Cup 'snubbed By Foreign Fans' by EloSela(f): 9:14am On Jan 31, 2010
I've been to South Africa before. Cape Town to be exact and it is hardly an 'African' city. I laugh when Black South Africans use that city to exemplify South Africa. Go to the townships, Llanga and Kyalistha (sp) and see the real Africa, not Greenpoint, Seapoint or Haut's Bay, the 'white townships'. I digress

I will be in Jo'burg for the world cup and I have been warned about the dangers of the city and one point I almost cancelled my ticket but as a self-confessed 'tavelcholic' I just have to see Johannesburg. grin grin.

I heard some horror stories, one that comes to mind was from a friend who was sitting in a restaurant and heard gun shots. On hearing those shots there was a mad scramble for cover and after the melee had calmed down it was discovered that the person sitting on the next table had died from a clean shot to the head. Scary! shocked shocked
Re: South Africa World Cup 'snubbed By Foreign Fans' by Str8talk: 11:39am On Jan 31, 2010
I am not really enamoured of SA.

I believe that they are violent

The person who killed Lucky Dube (a South African Singer) said in court that Dube was killed because they though he was a Nigerian

http://www.sowetan.co.za/News/Article.aspx?id=931762

A woman is forced to do it every 26 seconds in South Africa. a lot of men have done it! Including Mr President

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/4713172.stm
http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,1906000,00.html
http://www.thoughtleader.co.za/charlenesmith/2009/11/24/every-26-seconds-in-sa-a-woman-gets-despoiled-it-was-my-turn-last-thursday-night/

This was a country that Nigeria spent time, money and goodwill to help

BP was nationalised and renamed AP by the Nigerian government as part of our anti-apartheid campaign

They have attacked and killed a lot of Nigerians shortly after those people arrive from Nigeria
ThisDay once did a report on this matter

http://nigeriavillagesquare.com/forum/main-square/14868-s-african-robbery-syndicate-targets-nigerian-travellers.html

Not too long ago, they detained Wole Soyinka at the airport, checking his documents

http://www.queensu.ca/samp/migrationnews/article.php?Mig_News_ID=1350&Mig_News_Issue=7&Mig_News_Cat=8

South Africans attacked fellow African immigrants in 2008. The same South Africans were all over Africa during the apartheid regime. Thabo mbeki, for instance, studied in Nigeria when he did not have that opportunity under white rule

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/7407914.stm
Re: South Africa World Cup 'snubbed By Foreign Fans' by SamMilla1(m): 11:42am On Jan 31, 2010
PEOPLE kill people everyday everywhere.

average of 2 people are stabbed to death every day in the UK alone.
Re: South Africa World Cup 'snubbed By Foreign Fans' by Str8talk: 12:53pm On Jan 31, 2010
@Sam Milla

I agree that killings are wrong. However random ones are easier to live with than TARGETED attacks.
Re: South Africa World Cup 'snubbed By Foreign Fans' by eldee(m): 1:49pm On Jan 31, 2010
Sam Milla:

People kill everywhere . . . but where have you heard someone use 'I thought I was shooting a Nigerian' as a court defence??
His lawyer must have told him that will reduce his jail time.

In order words, they are instituionally racist . . . to the point of murder.

I would say South Africans are silly ignorant murderers and HIV infested vermins, but I'll just be civil and say I've only got one life and wound not let sentiments cloud my judgement.
And I'll advice anyone going to South Africa to try as much as possible to stay in Cape Town.
Re: South Africa World Cup 'snubbed By Foreign Fans' by eldee(m): 1:53pm On Jan 31, 2010
Str8talk:

@Sam Milla

That is an misconception.
Last year's stats show that it is five per week and it's reducing.

Now think of South Africa where most crimes like this aren't even recorded.
Re: South Africa World Cup 'snubbed By Foreign Fans' by Str8talk: 3:09pm On Jan 31, 2010
@eldee
People kill everywhere . . . but where have you heard someone use 'I thought I was shooting a Nigerian' as a court defence??
His lawyer must have told him that will reduce his jail time.

Much as I don't like the SA, I don't think the guy made that argument because he would get a reduced sentence.

I may be spliting hairs here. But what happened was that those guys did not know that they shot Lucky Dube. When the story came out, they knew that it was now a high profile killing. The guy who actually fired the shot was interrogated by his accomplices, he explained that he did not know that it was Lucky Dube

My view is that killing a Nigerian was a workaday issue with these criminals. It would sit better with their fellow countrymen than killing a Lucky Dube or a South Afrcan. However, I don't think the judicial system would reduce the sentence. I may be wrong though. Afterall a lot of Nigerians have been murdered by these ubiquitous criminals and I have not see so many convictions
Re: South Africa World Cup 'snubbed By Foreign Fans' by eldee(m): 4:12pm On Jan 31, 2010
@Str8talk
At the end of the day . . . these guys have lawyers that tell them what to say and what part of the truth to include in their testimony.
The question here is not whether it would have got him a reduced sentence, the problem is the fact that he thought it was morally more acceptable to kill a Nigerian than a South African.

The fact that he saw the need to add that to his testimony is what scares me.

In other countries, hate crimes attract heavier sentences to send the message to the public . . . but that's probably not the case in SA, as you said, 'it will sit better with their fellow countrymen'.
So why should any sane person go there, especially when you know the killer might escape without conviction??
Re: South Africa World Cup 'snubbed By Foreign Fans' by SamMilla1(m): 6:03pm On Jan 31, 2010
wait guys no need to argue over this. lets face this straight.
I agree RSA isnt the heaven to live in but where exactly is ?

thats the point i tried to make up there.
a statement by a retard who shot dube isnt enough to snub RSA.
in 2006 World cup, the Scotland Yard sent cops to Germany.
They can always do the same.
Re: South Africa World Cup 'snubbed By Foreign Fans' by eldee(m): 6:11pm On Jan 31, 2010
Sam Milla:

wait guys no need to argue over this. lets face this straight.
I agree RSA isnt the heaven to live in but where exactly is ?

thats the point i tried to make up there.
a statement by a retard who shot dube isnt enough to snub RSA.
in 2006 World cup, the Scotland Yard sent cops to Germany.
They can always do the same.

It's more than one single statement . . . it's countless murders without convictions.
It's the multiple rapes and things like that.

I understand the need to support our African brothers . . . but it's harder now.
This is a country with a crime rate that's tackling developing nations' stats.
This is a country where there is pure undiluted racism against the rest of Africa.

I'm not going to risk my life over football and I don't advice anyone to.
Re: South Africa World Cup 'snubbed By Foreign Fans' by moosieh: 6:42pm On Jan 31, 2010
@str8talk, these links you posted are quite disturbing. I don't understand the sheer animosity SA have towards Nigerians, what's their problem? I understand that SA is in the process of re-building their economy post apartheid, etc and don't want to compete with "outsiders". but if these lowlife thugs took as much energy to expunge the whites (and to a lesser extend the indians/chinese/arabs) who disenfranchised them in EVERY possible way (socially, politically, economically, geographicaly, etc) then they wouldn't feel so threatened by their African immigrant brothers and sisters.

It sickens me. Why don't they point those guns at their oppressors? (and I mean this hypothetically, folks)
Re: South Africa World Cup 'snubbed By Foreign Fans' by SamMilla1(m): 8:50pm On Jan 31, 2010
@eldee
what are you talking about ? you almost sound like a propaganda tool. i dont wanna believe i heard you.
Did this crime just popped up or was it there all along even before awarding them the WC hosting rights ?
c'mon people RSA are racists to a big degree towards there African Brothers, and so are Germans, UK and CO,
The same thing was said of China before Beijing Olympics. RSA hosted Africa in 1996. No one got missing.
A lot of kidnappings happen in Nigeria everyday. We just successfully hosted a World Cup.
If you dont wanna go there, its fine. Stop discouraging others.
Americans and British still go to Iraq to do business.
They still go to Yemen, turkey, Lebanon, even Palestine for vacations.
People pick up guns and go on a shooting spree in USA every now and then.
They should focus on how to beef up security for the mundial. not discrimination.
What exactly is this white people feeding you guys over there ?
Re: South Africa World Cup 'snubbed By Foreign Fans' by Str8talk: 9:18pm On Jan 31, 2010
@Sam Milla
[b]What exactly are the white guys feeding you?[/b]

The same things they have always fed us - truth and untruth - along with the education for a little critical analysis
Did you see the report by ThisDay? It is a Nigerian newspaper - the editor, publisher and everybody I know there are all Nigerians
The report about Wole Soyinka is from Champion Newspaper - another Nigerian newspaper
The whites tell me about the good things SA is doing well; I also read about the xenophobic attack on Africans in 2008. Should we just ignore it?
Everybody (whites, yellow, green, black and blue etc) reported it.
Yes, Nigeria hosted a world cup. But after amnesty. Warri was not even a venue and typically these guys are only after money
Yes, in 1996, SA hosted African Cup of Nation. Black rule was very young then - just 2 years old
Now the blacks are there in charge (this is the 3rd black president) and they are beginning to show their colours
Sincerely, my country did not make any sacrifice to help Germany obtain independence - so I am not disappointed in them
Similarly, I have always given the Brits their due as imperial powers - no illusions
USA has its nutty gunmen periodically running amok. Well they are not targeted at my people. I have also always known where to place them
But SAs target my countrymen - that is not something I can just ignore. My level of development has not gone that far

And please read all the links I supplied
Re: South Africa World Cup 'snubbed By Foreign Fans' by eldee(m): 9:34pm On Jan 31, 2010
@Sam Milla

As Str8talk said, I'm fed with truth and lies, but also with the ability to make critical analysis.
You compare Sout Africa to Germany?? Come the Bleep on . . . let's be reasonable here.
I've never heard of Germans going on killing sprees against my own country.

When Nigerians emigrate, they give reasons like the economy and stuff like that, 80% of emigrants from South Africa put the crime rate as one of their reasons for leaving.
South Africa's number of rapes per capita is higher than those in warring countries . . . they top murder and assault leagues and you're telling me I'm part of the propaganda??

We hosted the Youth World Cup, good . . . that's nothing compared to the biggest thing in sport.
Millions of people are not even going there to watch matches . . . you think the retarded xenophobic idiots don't know this??

When it's businessmen, there are areas that are reserved for them, you can't do the same in the World Cup, there's far too many people.
That's why I'm saying it so easily, if you're going to SA, try as much as possible to stay in Cape Town.

As for me and any reasonable Nigerian, it's once beaten twice shy.
Re: South Africa World Cup 'snubbed By Foreign Fans' by SamMilla1(m): 10:03pm On Jan 31, 2010
Eldee i understand you guys well. I am not particularly fond of RSA and the gangs.
When they rioted against Nigerians,
I made a topic here condemning them and even asking public opinion on whether FIFA should take the World Cup Rights away from them.
But these situations are something we can contain. The idiots are killing people from all over Africa.
This did not start today. FIFA knew that all along but i guess they wanted to compensate Mandela for not booting the whites out.
Politics is involved in all that you know. It is going to be difficult but something can be done about it.
More security and all that. Some warnings about people venturing into an isolated places in the Night. ETC.
If Africa doesn't host this, its gonna be difficult to host it again.
I know its a little bit sentimental but i want this to happen while i am still breathing.
Re: South Africa World Cup 'snubbed By Foreign Fans' by honeric01(m): 10:48am On Feb 01, 2010
Nothing can stop the worldcup from commencing in SA.
Re: South Africa World Cup 'snubbed By Foreign Fans' by RSA(m): 11:58am On Feb 01, 2010
This are world class sporting events that RSA has hosted successfully,I mean the where thousands of visitors in this events and the security was never an issue

International events

2009 ICC Champions Trophy
2009 Fifa Confederations Cup
2009 Indian Premier League
Fifa World Cup Preliminary Draw (2007)
2007 World Twenty20 Championships
A1 Grand Prix (since 2006)
Fina Swimming World Cup (since 2003)
Red Bull Big Wave Africa (since 1998)
Six-star rated surfing events (annual)
2006 Paralympic Swimming World Champs
2005-2008 Women's World Cup of Golf
2003 President's Cup
2003 Cricket World Cup
1998 World Cup of Athletics
1996 World Cup of Golf
1996 African Cup of Nations
1995 Rugby World Cup

Homegrown internationals

Nedbank Golf Challenge
Cape Argus Pick 'n Pay Cycle Tour
Giro del Capo
Cape Epic
Comrades Marathon
Two Oceans Marathon
Dusi Canoe Marathon
Surf Ski World Cup

Go to http://www.southafrica.info/about/sport/features/events10.htm to read more about those events,and tell me if RSA is not more than qualified to host world cup finals.

People here talk about xenophobia attacks,I mean when did it happen? almost two years ago,and are those communities still fighting? No,they all living peacefully together.The matter of the truth is,it happened in the poorest areas,where there is no services,where dogs eat dogs.And it says a lot about anyone who comes here saying South Africans are killing or hating other Africans,It is the same thing as saying Sierra Leone people are canivorse,cause during the civil war some of their people where eating human flash.Or is the same as saying as a Christian I am not save in Nigeria cause Christians are killed in Nigeria.

Those who have a problem with South Africa will use this time to attack us,but I'm sorry to tell them that nothing will ever stop us from achiving our goals,the botton line is during the world cup millions if not billions eyes will see South Africa that is friendly, safe,beautiful,developed and moving forward.

This world cup is not only giving us the stadiums,roads,airports,a good transport system,good hotels but it is also giving us our dignity as people,more esspecially in RSA,where majority of people had no rights in their own land.This will be the time where the world will be introduced to RSA and vice a versa.South Africans of all coloures will all have a common goal this years,to work together and welcoming the world to our shores and giving them the best posible experience of their time in South Africa.
Re: South Africa World Cup 'snubbed By Foreign Fans' by honeric01(m): 12:38pm On Feb 01, 2010
RSA:

This are world class sporting events that RSA has hosted successfully,I mean the where thousands of visitors in this events and the security was never an issue

International events

2009 ICC Champions Trophy
2009 Fifa Confederations Cup
2009 Indian Premier League
Fifa World Cup Preliminary Draw (2007)
2007 World Twenty20 Championships
A1 Grand Prix (since 2006)
Fina Swimming World Cup (since 2003)
Red Bull Big Wave Africa (since 1998)
Six-star rated surfing events (annual)
2006 Paralympic Swimming World Champs
2005-2008 Women's World Cup of Golf
2003 President's Cup
2003 Cricket World Cup
1998 World Cup of Athletics
1996 World Cup of Golf
1996 African Cup of Nations
1995 Rugby World Cup

Homegrown internationals

Nedbank Golf Challenge
Cape Argus Pick 'n Pay Cycle Tour
Giro del Capo
Cape Epic
Comrades Marathon
Two Oceans Marathon
Dusi Canoe Marathon
Surf Ski World Cup

Go to http://www.southafrica.info/about/sport/features/events10.htm to read more about those events,and tell me if RSA is not more than qualified to host world cup finals.

People here talk about xenophobia attacks,I mean when did it happen? almost two years ago,and are those communities still fighting? No,they all living peacefully together.The matter of the truth is,it happened in the poorest areas,where there is no services,where dogs eat dogs.And it says a lot about anyone who comes here saying South Africans are killing or hating other Africans,It is the same thing as saying Sierra Leone people are canivorse,cause during the civil war some of their people where eating human flash.Or is the same as saying as a Christian I am not save in Nigeria cause Christians are killed in Nigeria.

Those who have a problem with South Africa will use this time to attack us,but I'm sorry to tell them that nothing will ever stop us from achiving our goals,the botton line is during the world cup millions if not billions eyes will see South Africa that is friendly, safe,beautiful,developed and moving forward.

This world cup is not only giving us the stadiums,roads,airports,a good transport system,good hotels but it is also giving us our dignity as people,more esspecially in RSA,where majority of people had no rights in their own land.This will be the time where the world will be introduced to RSA and vice a versa.South Africans of all coloures will all have a common goal this years,to work together and welcoming the world to our shores and giving them the best posible experience of their time in South Africa.

Guy, no matter how "BAD" south Africa is, she must host the worldcup and nothing's going to stop her from hosting.
Re: South Africa World Cup 'snubbed By Foreign Fans' by morpheus24: 3:55pm On Feb 01, 2010
eldee:

@Sam Milla

As Str8talk said, I'm fed with truth and lies, but also with the ability to make critical analysis.
You compare Sout Africa to Germany?? Come the bleep on . . . let's be reasonable here.
I've never heard of Germans going on killing sprees against my own country.

When Nigerians emigrate, they give reasons like the economy and stuff like that, 80% of emigrants from South Africa put the crime rate as one of their reasons for leaving.
South Africa's number of despoils per capita is higher than those in warring countries . . . they top murder and assault leagues and you're telling me I'm part of the propaganda??

We hosted the Youth World Cup, good . . . that's nothing compared to the biggest thing in sport.
Millions of people are not even going there to watch matches . . . you think the retarded xenophobic idiots don't know this??

When it's businessmen, there are areas that are reserved for them, you can't do the same in the World Cup, there's far too many people.
That's why I'm saying it so easily, if you're going to SA, try as much as possible to stay in Cape Town.

As for me and any reasonable Nigerian, it's once beaten twice shy.

I have one question for you Eldee

[b]Have you ever been to SA before?[/b]After you answer that question then I will commence with the questioning.

Its painfully obvious the realities people see on TV versus whatis actually happening on ground.
Re: South Africa World Cup 'snubbed By Foreign Fans' by eldee(m): 5:05pm On Feb 01, 2010
morpheus24:

I have one question for you Eldee

[b]Have you ever been to SA before?[/b]After you answer that question then I will commence with the questioning.

Its painfully obvious the realities people see on TV versus whatis actually happening on ground.

I know someone that lost a friend there before so shut the f[i]u[/i]ck up before you start painting a picture of brotherliness and all your B.S.

I don't know how you guys manage to think you know more than the picture and videos that we see on TV.
Do you think the whole world's against SA or sumn?? You guys flatter yourself.
Re: South Africa World Cup 'snubbed By Foreign Fans' by morpheus24: 5:47pm On Feb 01, 2010
eldee:

I know someone that lost a friend there before so shut the f[i]u[/i]ck up before you start painting a picture of brotherliness and all your B.S.

I don't know how you guys manage to think you know more than the picture and videos that we see on TV.
Do you think the whole world's against SA or sumn?? You guys flatter yourself.

Well figures. You pass sweeping judgments based on reports you have heard by people who are not even eye witnesses.

Its a common trend I have seen by people who have no real idea of what they are discussing.

For your information I have done a couple of consultancy work for NGO's who are based in SA and have been opportuned to vist several places there seeing first hand the troubles that plague the township areas,the changing government structure,Xenophobia,Nepotism and so on but for all its issues SA remains a prime Tourist destination and has  some of the prettiest places. Its simple facts not sentimental hearsay.

The SAffers do have issues with other Africans and must be confronted on this issue as an internal African Affair but to suggest people wear Bullet proof vests on their vist to the Johanesburg is pretty much far fetched and ridiculous. If you have a gripe about Nigeria/South Africa relations well thats another matter entirely in which both sides have valid argueing points.

It is silly to believe a country that has hosted several major international events will somehow fall short when the WC arrives. Just doesn't hold through to fact my bros.

So lets call this what it is. THe Europeans are sore at the Southern African governments.
Re: South Africa World Cup 'snubbed By Foreign Fans' by eldee(m): 7:00pm On Feb 01, 2010
@morpheus
Stop talking out of your a[i]r[/i]se . . . South Africa is a major tourist destination so what??
Wasn't India a major tourist destination too??

You say I'm being sentimental, am I the one that compiled the murder and assault rate per capita list?? Am I the one that killed people in xenophobic attacks??
Am I the one raping women in Jo'burg??
But no . . . because you survived there means it's the safest place to live.

There are some places that are safer than others in this world, we have to live with that.

Now you say the European governments are sore . . . it never occurred to you that they just might be trying to protect their citizens??
In your weird way of thinking, the fact that a place has 'pretty places' means it's safe??

No one is saying people shouldn't go to the World Cup, all I'm saying is it will be stupid for Germany not to warn their citizens about the dangers of going to some places in South Africa.
If the Togolese had done that, they'll prolly have been the ones in the final not Ghana.
Re: South Africa World Cup 'snubbed By Foreign Fans' by morpheus24: 7:30pm On Feb 01, 2010
eldee:

@morpheus
Stop talking out of your a[i]r[/i]se . . . South Africa is a major tourist destination so what??
Funny I was just about to tell you the same thing, about your arse that is. The answer to the "so what?' means if a place is a major tourist destinatin it means it is relatively safe by western standards since they are by far the highest number of holiday travellers in the world. or are you too thick to understand that.

eldee:

You say I'm being sentimental, am I the one that compiled the murder and assault rate per capita list?? Am I the one that killed people in xenophobic attacks??
Am I the one despoiling women in Jo'burg??
But no . . . because you survived there means it's the safest place to live.
No one is quite familiar with these statistics as I am and has greatly expressed the concerns of the above matter on this forum( you may confirm from a regular contirbutor by the name of RSA) however the fact still remains the issues are grossly overexagerrated by the western media to the point that it distorts the real picture of what occurs in SA.

eldee:

Now you say the European governments are sore . . . it never occurred to you that they just might be trying to protect their citizens??
In your weird way of thinking, the fact that a place has 'pretty places' means it's safe??
If that was their only motive then surely that can be done in a very different manner other than obvious scare tactics. All they simply had to do was make their citizenry award of hot crime spots in the country, a simple on line video of arrival procedures in the country, how to hail a cab, how to get around and safety tips or where and where not to go alone.

I mean if you had a group of europeans planning to visit Nigeria for a month you wouldn't stare them to Ajegunle at night time nor would you book travel for them to hot spots in the Niger-Delta would you?

Advertising knife proof vests and focusing on trouble areas ina nation without showing the contrasting good spots is biased in my reasoning. Please see the videos below NS Mkw auew you view all of them. You never see this reported on BBC media do ya?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgykU5iDly4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJsNsCcJIn4&feature=related

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOwx9ba6ww0&feature=related

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdkbVfK9ZX8&feature=related

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygib-48D0PQ&feature=related

eldee:

If the Togolese had done that, they'll prolly have been the ones in the final not Ghana.

You cannot compare the SA government with the Angoland  government, not by a long shot. Fact,

(1) (2) (Reply)

Any Nigerians In Turkey / Please Help A Brother Travelling To Egypt / New York, United States Of America

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.