Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,996 members, 7,942,581 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 12:49 PM

Who Are Mine ? - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Who Are Mine ? (1788 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Who Are Mine ? by heywhytech1(m): 3:36pm On Jun 28, 2017
How can I ever realize who I am ? I was told my name is ! I was told about my birth, I grew up getting used to the name they call me . What do I want in life, does achieving a targeted goal put an end to my needs , why do I continue to have targets. These are some of the questions that bother my mind.

At what age do one really know who he is ? I don't think there are really particular age one discovered your true self? It sounds magical and look very logical when you discovered that you are not a legitimate child of your father, its really crazy perhaps we are living in a crazy would. Not being a legitimate child could be as a result of carefree attitude or many other factors , let leave that for another day.

Who are you? when such question comes up, our answer always seems to be very direct ,meanwhile its illusional to have say my name is ! because I was told my name is so so and so and that I was born by my parents , the facts my parents cannot not justifies with evidence . Readers, you are very right to question my judgment, fine and beautiful but am very sure I made sense out of the points I raised. Okay fine , you were call by your name , for example Fadeke, you were told your mother name is Kemisola okay let say you grow up to know your Father's name is Kayode. At age two (2) you were enrolled in school, everyone calls you Kemisola Kayode, yea that sound great abi? . Your mother is very happy to have you, your father is very proud of you as his daughter. They both watch you growing up, they take you to church and teach you the way of Christ, I cant blame you for believing them but are you convinced enough to believed all they told you? If yes then your parents must have deceived you because they were told the same thing by their parents without being backup with any concrete piece of evidence, please to rush to judge me but i imply you to do yourself a favor by having a deep reflection about the points I raised.
Let me reignite my points by telling you about a particular movie I watched, titled 'BLIND SPOT" in the movie there was a lady named Jane Doe who was recreated by wiping-off her memory after which she was deceived to be someone she is not really is. They made everything so real even backed up with pictures that was linked to her memory.So how are you sure some of us were not subjected to similar if not the same treatment, many people are not legitimate child but all the factors around them made them believed they are legitimate, some may not know till they died while few know due to certain circumstances that occurred.
Thanks to the advent of DNA but how many people even subjects their kids to it. Do we really need to subjects our children to DNA? well that is another topic for another day. Let me start to widen my points one by one.

You were told about your name!
You were told about your birth!
You were told about the religion!
When you begins school, they told you another well packaged lies!
So who are you?
If you can provide answer to the above questions and back it up with evidence, until then you don't know who you are!
I can sit comfortably and emphatically that you are products of what your parents want you to be . If only we have choice of chosen our parents many people will be childless , please don't ask me why. Let me stop here by challenging you to prove me wrong that your parents are not the author of your life. Thanks for reading.
Copied from http://heywhyzo..com.ng/2017/06/who-are-mine.html?m=1

(1) (Reply)

In Need Of Good Writers In The Health And Cryptocurrency Niches / Writer's Life Picture Thread / DAZED And Other Stories

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.