Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,814 members, 7,872,706 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 08:21 PM

10 Things Every Igbo Man In The North Should Do Before October 1 2017 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 10 Things Every Igbo Man In The North Should Do Before October 1 2017 (1012 Views)

Middle Belt Youths Give Herdsmen Quit Notice To Vacate Region Before October 1 / Niger Delta Militants Order Northerners & Yorubas Out Of Region Before October 1 / Anambra Election Will Hold If Nigeria Is Restructured Before October 1 - Kanu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Things Every Igbo Man In The North Should Do Before October 1 2017 by NJPot(m): 3:54pm On Jun 28, 2017
[img]http://4.bp..com/-OWQ3OrscyT4/WVLXDLA3jWI/AAAAAAAAC9A/mhhOa1bxc7gaeIuO8-ZmedlCBShrB9FOQCLcBGAs/s640/Park%2Bout%2Bof%2BKaduna.jpg[/img]

A group of northern Nigeria youths issued what they called a 'Kaduna Declaration' in which they commanded all Igbos living in the north to vacate the area before October 1. In the history of Nigeria, such warnings always end up in mass destruction of lives and properties of southerners living in the north as well as counter killings in the southern Nigeria.

Here are 10 things Igbos and other non-northerners presiding in any northern part of Nigeria should do before the dead line.

1. Secure Your Landed Properties
Many Igbos and non-northerners living in northern Nigeria lose properties worth billions of naira in the north in every anti-Igbo pogrom. Get your land surveyed and all your landed properties legally protected and insured. Legal protection of your property is to have all the necessary legal documents that guarantees and protects your right to exclusive ownership and enjoyment of your property. You can appoint an estate agent to help manage the property.

2. Relocate Your Family To Your Village
It would be a wise decision to start relocating your family back to your village or any good town in the southern Nigeria while working towards total exit from restive northern Nigeria. Life has no dublicate.

3. Learn Some Hausa/Fulani/Kanuri Languages
Most northerners can't speak English and even the educated ones hardly comunicate with English especially when speaking with their people. If you can speak like them and understand their language, you stand a better chance of knowing when the massacre starts. And you can as well disguise as one of them.

4. Learn Some Muslim Prayers/Recitations
If you are living in the north and don't know how to recite Muslim chaplet, I shake my head for you. That was what saved my life in Kaduna in the year 2000 around February 22. It was a religious riot between Christians and Muslims over the introduction of Sharia law in Kaduna State which claimed over 5000 lives.

On my way, I was confronted by a group of armed muslims who asked me to recite their chaplet. I grabbed it and recited "Allahu Akbar" 34 times, "Al-hamdu lilah" 33 times, then followed by "Subhan Allah" 33 times. They left me thinking I was a muslim. On my way also, I was confronted by a group of armed Christian youths who asked me to make the sign of the cross, which I did and they left me unhurt. One hausa man they caught was saying "in the name op the pather and op the mother and op the sister......" You know the rest of the story.

5. Don't Trust In Or Hope On The Federal/State Government Assurance Of Security And Protection
The government will always tell you to keep calm and don't leave the north when the northerners issue their treats but when the massacre starts, you will be on your own. Run for your own life and forget about El-Rufai and government empty promises.

6. Get Some Weapons And Learn How To Use Them
Self-defence is not a crime. If you can afford it, buy a gun and register it. You can also register with hunters association in your area. Learn how to use your gun in case of any attack. This is for self-defense only and not for criminal purposes. You can also get a sharp cutlass, grounded pepper, juju ha ha ha.

7. Buy And Store Enough Food Stuffs.
You need to store enough food stuffs because you don't know how safe the market would be around October 1. Atleast, minimise your movement within this time untill you are sure there is proper security of lives and properties by the military and other security agencies.

8. Exercise And Gym
This may sound funny but neccesary. To be strong, one needs to exercise or gym regularly. You build strong muscles through this process thereby equiping yourself with strength and vigour with which you can overcome your enemies.

9. Make Good Northern Friends
Make friends with some well-meaning indigenes in your residencial area or work place. Not all northerners are bad. Some can give you valuable information that can save your life. Some can even house you and save you from been lynched by their fellow northerners.

10. Know The Closest Police/Military Barracks
Police/Military barracks are the safest place to be during civilian crisis. Know the one nearest to your place of recidence. Run like Chioma Ajunwa to the nearest barrack in the wake of any northern crisis.

http://chukonetng..ch/2017/06/10-things-igbos-and-non-northerners-in.html
Re: 10 Things Every Igbo Man In The North Should Do Before October 1 2017 by Kpeshi10(m): 3:56pm On Jun 28, 2017
Lol, that ur no. 4 though...
Re: 10 Things Every Igbo Man In The North Should Do Before October 1 2017 by raymis(f): 4:07pm On Jun 28, 2017
no 2 make sense pass
Re: 10 Things Every Igbo Man In The North Should Do Before October 1 2017 by nengibo: 4:31pm On Jun 28, 2017
Is this a joke
Re: 10 Things Every Igbo Man In The North Should Do Before October 1 2017 by NJPot(m): 1:17am On Jul 12, 2017
nengibo:
Is this a joke
This is no joke
Re: 10 Things Every Igbo Man In The North Should Do Before October 1 2017 by booblacain(m): 5:21am On Jul 12, 2017
NJPot:
[img]http://4.bp..com/-OWQ3OrscyT4/WVLXDLA3jWI/AAAAAAAAC9A/mhhOa1bxc7gaeIuO8-ZmedlCBShrB9FOQCLcBGAs/s640/Park%2Bout%2Bof%2BKaduna.jpg[/img]

4. Learn Some Muslim Prayers/Recitations
If you are living in the north and don't know how to recite Muslim chaplet, I shake my head for you. That was what saved my life in Kaduna in the year 2000 around February 22. It was a religious riot between Christians and Muslims over the introduction of Sharia law in Kaduna State which claimed over 5000 lives.

On my way, I was confronted by a group of armed muslims who asked me to recite their chaplet.I grabbed it and recited "Allahu Akbar" 34 times, "Al-hamdu lilah" 33 times, then followed by "Subhan Allah" 33 times. They left me thinking I was a muslim. On my way also, I was confronted by a group of armed Christian youths who asked me to make the sign of the cross, which I did and they left me unhurt. One hausa man they caught was saying "in the name op the pather and op the mother and op the sister......" You know the rest of the story.

So the so called armed muslim men sat down drinking brukutu while they waited for you to make a total of 100 recitations? You these bloggers, you will spin stories from a dog's anus to sell your blogs.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Hausas In Enugu Protest Against Quit Notice. / Anambra Election: Aguleri LGA, TVC Is A Useless Organization - Pics / Bloody Weekend In Kogi As Fulani Herdsmen Allegedly Invade Community, Kill 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.