Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,646 members, 7,878,882 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 08:48 AM

Book Summary - The Richest Man In Babylon Bt George S. Clason - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Book Summary - The Richest Man In Babylon Bt George S. Clason (837 Views)

Book Summary - The Instant Millionaire By Mark Fisher / Book Summary - The Five Love Languages By Gray Chapman / Book Summary - The Psychology Of Selling By Brian Tracy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Book Summary - The Richest Man In Babylon Bt George S. Clason by BookVendor(m): 11:49am On Jun 29, 2017
Book Title: The Richest Man in Babylon
Author: by George S. Clason

The Richest Man in Babylon summary

I wish I had read this book early in by youthful and early in my working days. This is my book summary of The Richest Man in Babylon by George S. Clason. My notes are informal and often contain quotes from the book as well as my own thoughts.

These are the 30 talking points in the book:
==========================================

1. Start thy purse to fattening: save money.
2. Control thy expenditures: don't spend more than you need.
3. Make thy gold multiply: invest wisely.
4. Guard thy treasures from loss: avoid investments that sound too good to be true.
5. Make of thy dwelling a profitable investment: own your home.
6. Ensure a future income: protect yourself with life insurance.
7. Improve thy ability to earn: strive to become wiser and more knowledgeable.
8. The laws of money are like the laws of gravity: assured and unchanging.
9. You must constantly have an income that keeps your purse full.
10. “It costs nothing to ask wise advice from a good friend.”
11. You will only begin building wealth when you start to realize that a part of all the money you earn is yours to keep. That is, pay yourself first. You always pay others for goods and services. Pay yourself as much as you can. Save money.
12. You should save at least 1/10th of what you earn. More if you can afford to do so.
13. Do not take advice on finance from a brick layer. Go to people who are experts in a particular subject if you want expert advice. It’s too easy for amateurs to give out advice.
14. Build for yourself a mountain of gold first, then you can enjoy as many banquets as you wish without worry. Don’t spend your money as soon as you earn it.
15. Surround yourself with people who are familiar with money, who work with it each day, and who make lots of it.
16. Enjoy life while you are here. Do not overstrain to save.
17. Do not put your money in investments which do not pay a dividend, but also do not invest in risky places that seem too good to be true.
18. What each person calls their “necessary expenses” will always grow to match your income unless you resist that urge. Do not confuse your necessary expenses with your desires.
19. “A man’s wealth is not in the coins in his purse. It is in his income.”
20. Ensure a future income. Every person gets old. Make sure your income will continue without work.
21. By life insurance. Provide in advance for the protection of your family.
22. The more we know, the more we may earn. The person who seeks to know more of their craft is capable of earning more.
23. You cannot arrive at the fullest measure of success until you crush the spirit of procrastination within you.
24. If you desire to help your friend do not do so in a way that brings their burdens onto you. There are many ways to help people. You don’t have to choose the ways that restrict your time, money, energy, or ability to care for yourself.
25. The wise lender always has a guarantee of repayment should the investment go poorly.
26. Do not live beyond your means.
27. No man respects himself if he does not repay his debts.
28. The soul of a free man looks at the world as a series of problems to be solved. Meanwhile, the soul of a slave whines, “What can I do?”
29. If you are in debt, live on 70% of what you make. Save 10% for yourself. Use the remaining 20% to repay your debts.
30. Work attracts friends who admire your industriousness. Work attracts money and opportunity. “Hard work is the best friend I've ever had.”

To order this book to your door, whatapp 08111111296 or call 081111111298 for just N1,799. Delivery in Lagos is free. We deliver to your door!!!

Re: Book Summary - The Richest Man In Babylon Bt George S. Clason by Mosminic(m): 1:22pm On Oct 31, 2018
thank you very much for the summary. Just finished reading the book and it seems i have been so stupid all my life. It's a really wonderful book.

(1) (Reply)

Pls Kindly Help My Dear Sister / Writer Maya Angelou Honoured In Google’s Doodle / Soup Cooked By Me.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.