Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,799 members, 7,948,872 topics. Date: Saturday, 14 September 2024 at 12:24 PM

Biblical Authority And The Book Of Genesis - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Biblical Authority And The Book Of Genesis (2008 Views)

BOOK Of GENESIS (Listen to learn how our World was created by GOD) / Oyedepo: A Believer Behaving Like Mumu In Place Of Authority, This Is Evil Govt / Was The Book Of Genesis Just A Cheap Copy Of The Sumerian Text (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biblical Authority And The Book Of Genesis by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:05pm On Jul 17, 2017
PastorAIO:

Actually your pattern is to pick a topic from a demonic website where some stupid ideology is being peddled and then present it in the form of asking a question. After asking the rhetorical question you then post the 'answer' from the website and you show no desire or interest to learn but rather to just blindly push the agenda of your nasty masters.

Those threads are posted to initiate questions that will get Christians into discussing biblical issues but as usual atheists like you will always troll in matters you say doesn't concern you. undecided
Re: Biblical Authority And The Book Of Genesis by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:09pm On Jul 17, 2017
PastorAIO:

I don't know your intentions more than what you have exhibited so far. However I do know english grammar and structures.

I know the difference between a Slip of the Tongue and being intentionally wrong.

Where there is a slip of the tongue you might find one word misplaced but once correct the original intent becomes clear.

Where someone is just plain wrong and has intentionally tried to push the falsehood until caught out is a different matter entirely.

The topic here is on biblical authority and the book of Genesis. You are free to keep on with your censorious spirit peddling on falsehoods since that is your trade and stock. smiley
Re: Biblical Authority And The Book Of Genesis by PastorAIO: 12:11pm On Jul 17, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

We are not the ones who believe that we are talking primates and cousins of bananas (as you atheists, believes).

Doesn't stop you from being totally bananas.
Re: Biblical Authority And The Book Of Genesis by PastorAIO: 12:13pm On Jul 17, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

The topic here is on biblical authority and the book of Genesis. You are free to keep on with your censorious spirit peddling on falsehoods since that is your trade and stock. smiley

And the fact about the authority of the bible is the same as with every other text. The true authority lies with the person doing the interpreting. What the bible means depends on how the Authority interprets it. What is the basis of the authority with which you read the bible?
Re: Biblical Authority And The Book Of Genesis by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:14pm On Jul 17, 2017
PastorAIO:

A Christian?

Olaadegbu?

"In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them" (2 Corinthians 4:4).

Until you know the difference between a Christian and a religious person you will continue to wallow in darkness.
Re: Biblical Authority And The Book Of Genesis by PastorAIO: 12:17pm On Jul 17, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

"In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them" (2 Corinthians 4:4).

Until you know the difference between a Christian and a religious person you will continue to wallow in darkness.

Can you give me a verse or passage of the bible that says there is a difference between christianity and religion? I say you can't and you will duck this question.
Re: Biblical Authority And The Book Of Genesis by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:18pm On Jul 17, 2017
PastorAIO:

And the fact about the authority of the bible is the same as with every other text. The true authority lies with the person doing the interpreting. What the bible means depends on how the Authority interprets it. What is the basis of the authority with which you read the bible?

Rather, the true authority lies with the Spirit doing the interpreting. The Holy Spirit is the author of the Bible, hence He has the absolute authority on all matters. What spirit influences you?
Re: Biblical Authority And The Book Of Genesis by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:24pm On Jul 17, 2017
PastorAIO:

Doesn't stop you from being totally bananas.

To God be all the glory for making me totally bananas. See how this demeaning slur used against Ray Comfort by you atheists opened the door for the winning of souls.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qS3gsShLKlU

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biblical Authority And The Book Of Genesis by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:32pm On Jul 17, 2017
PastorAIO:

Can you give me a verse or passage of the bible that says there is a difference between christianity and religion? I say you can't and you will duck this question.

"Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you" (Matthew 7:6).

It will be a waste of your time and mine if I present the vicarious sacrifice of Christ to you when I know that your dominant passion is to take your fill of sin. Why should I give that which is holy to the dogs? undecided

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biblical Authority And The Book Of Genesis by PastorAIO: 1:38pm On Jul 17, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

"Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you" (Matthew 7:6).

It will be a waste of your time and mine if I present the vicarious sacrifice of Christ to you when I know that your dominant passion is to take your fill of sin. Why should I give that which is holy to the dogs? undecided

It will be a waste of your time to try peddling lies while I'm around, yes! very correct.
Re: Biblical Authority And The Book Of Genesis by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:45am On Jul 25, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

"If I have told you earthly things and you do not believe, how will you believe if I tell you heavenly things?" (John 3:12)

If some Christians cannot trust the Bible when it talks of geology, biology and astronomy, how then can they say they trust the Bible when it talks about Salvation?

undecided

1 Share

Re: Biblical Authority And The Book Of Genesis by PastorAIO: 1:12am On Jul 25, 2017
The bible is a text. Full Stop.
Re: Biblical Authority And The Book Of Genesis by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:05pm On Jul 25, 2017
OLAADEGBU:
"If I have told you earthly things and you do not believe, how will you believe if I tell you heavenly things?" (John 3:12)

If some Christians cannot trust the Bible when it talks of geology, biology and astronomy, how then can they say they trust the Bible when it talks about Salvation?

To the Christians, the bible must be foundational in every area of our thinking in all matters.

For details, see: https://answersingenesis.org/the-word-of-god/biblical-authority-and-book-genesis/
Re: Biblical Authority And The Book Of Genesis by PastorAIO: 3:44pm On Jul 25, 2017
Please discuss:

The letter of the law versus the spirit of the law is an idiomatic antithesis. When one obeys the letter of the law but not the spirit, one is obeying the literal interpretation of the words (the "letter"wink of the law, but not necessarily the intent of those who wrote the law. Conversely, when one obeys the spirit of the law but not the letter, one is doing what the authors of the law intended, though not necessarily adhering to the literal wording.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Letter_and_spirit_of_the_law

Why should there be a distinction between the letter and the spirit? is it possible that the text we receive can actually be a hindrance to true spiritual guidance?
Re: Biblical Authority And The Book Of Genesis by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:12pm On Sep 10, 2017
PastorAIO:

The bible is a text. Full Stop.

A text without a context is a pretext. cool
Re: Biblical Authority And The Book Of Genesis by PastorAIO: 7:47am On Sep 11, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

A text without a context is a pretext. cool

Correct and context is constantly shifting. For most the bible is just one big pretext.
Re: Biblical Authority And The Book Of Genesis by PastorAIO: 7:49am On Sep 11, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

Great point!

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Jesus Experience / Spirit Testimony Muslim Imam Encounters Jesus After A Death Experience. / What Is Hyper-grace?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.