Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,183 members, 7,880,688 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 02:30 AM

Charge Me Or Free Me-evans Sue IGP To Court - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Charge Me Or Free Me-evans Sue IGP To Court (321 Views)

Kidnapper Evans Hires SAN, Sues IGP, 3 Others: "Release Me Or Charge Me" / I'll Become An Anti-kidnapping Ambassador If Nigerians Forgive Me–evans / My Wife Collects The Ransom From My Victims For Me’ – Evans Lagos Notorious (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Charge Me Or Free Me-evans Sue IGP To Court by Nobody: 7:45pm On Jun 29, 2017
LAGOS — Kidnap boss, Chukwudumeme Onwuamadike a.k.a. Evans, has dragged the Inspector-General of Police, Ibrahim Idris and three others under the watchful eye of the Federal High Court in Lagos over affirmed unlawful confinement. EVANS Joined as respondents in the suit are the Nigeria Police Force, Commissioner of Police, Lagos State and the Special Anti-Robbery Squad, SARS, Lagos State Police Command. In the rights requirement suit documented for his benefit by a Lagos-based legal advisor, Olukoya Ogungbeje, Evans is petitioning God for the request of court to guide the respondents to instantly charge him to court if there is any body of evidence against him as per Sections 35 (1) (c) (3) (4) (5) (a) (b) and 36 of the 1999 Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
In the option, he is supplicating the court to propel the respondents to promptly discharge him genuinely without any offense that will warrant his being charged to court. Evans is further battling in the suit that his proceeded with detainment by the respondents since June 10, 2017, without being charged to court or discharged on safeguard is an encroachment on his basic human rights. He contended that the respondents should have charged him to court as per the arrangements of Sections 35 and 36 of the Constitution. It was further contended that the affirmed offense submitted by the candidate (Evans) are correspondingly entwined with the sacred protects as given under Sections 35 and 36 of the Constitution. Evans' father ousts to sworn statement in child's help
To help Evans' case, his dad, Stephen Onwuamadike by and by ousted to a 27-section testimony in help of the suit. In his affirmation, Evans' dad asserted that his child (candidate) has been subjected to media trial with no court arrange by the respondents. He encourage asserted that the media trial and news organized by the respondents have kept on producing responses in both print and electronic media without his child being managed reasonable hearing and trial under the watchful eye of an official courtroom. He included that since his child's capture, all his relatives have been denied access to him while media experts have been allowed liberated access to him. The matter has not been doled out to any judge and no date has been settled for the hearing. We have court request to hold him for 3 months — Police Meanwhile, responding to the suit, representative for the Police High Command, Jimoh Moshood said that the Police had gotten a court arrange from a Federal High Court, Abuja, to keep Evans for three months, with a specific end goal to permit them do appropriate examination on the suspect. The examination, as indicated by the police will take agents to Ghana, South Africa and many parts of the nation before he could be charged. Agent Commissioner of Police, Administration, in the Lagos Command, Dasuki Galandanci had told columnists last Friday that the Police is amidst a careful examination on Evans. He stated: "Evans has been a ruffian for quite a while and has been on the needed rundown of the Police in Anambra, Abuja, Enugu, Edo and Lagos States. He additionally has a criminal posse, some of whom have been captured in Enugu and Lagos. "Be that as it may, there are still more out there. In this way, this needs a meticulous examination. Plus, we have to understudy him and in addition question him legitimately. By so doing, we expect to utilize his strategies to get others. He will in the long run be charged to court after examination is finished up." 'He is pure under the watchful eye of the law until demonstrated blameworthy' Also, responding to Evans suit, an attorney and Don, Gbenga Ojo, stated, "It might amaze Nigerians that he needed to approach the court, nonetheless, according to the law, he is assumed pure until articulated liable by an able court. In any case, as it may be, I don't think any court will give him safeguard considering the assertions leveled against him. "It is a similar law that gives him basic human rights to look for change in court that gives that nobody can execute different people unlawfully or hijack and subject casualties to horrendous conditions. In this way, the court will take a gander at all these before considering to do anything. As I would see it, no court will enable such application to fly. "Be that as it may, if the indictment is not prepared to summon him now because of their examination, they should take him to the officer court to get a remand arrange, pending the finish of their examination."

read more:http://www.mightybale.com.ng/2017/06/charge-me-or-free-me-evans-sue-igp-to.html

(1) (Reply)

I Sold My 2months Old Baby For Half Bag Of Rice / P/harcourt Man Stole Gas Cylinder And Forced To Dance Unclad With It / Unknown Gunmen Kidnapped UCTH Doctor In Calabar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.