Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,953 members, 7,903,064 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 July 2024 at 11:35 PM

Muslims Call On Allah To Stop Female Governorship In Kwara - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Muslims Call On Allah To Stop Female Governorship In Kwara (11503 Views)

Moses Siloko Siasia Declares Ambition To Run For Governorship In Bayelsa State / APC Taraba Female Governorship Candidate Loses Rerun Election To PDP Candidate / Nubu Ribadu: How Far With The Governorship In Adamawa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Muslims Call On Allah To Stop Female Governorship In Kwara by 0hsisi: 4:06pm On Jan 28, 2010
From Hammed Shittu in Ilorin., 01.27.2010
Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Members of the Kwara State branch of the Supreme Council for Shariah yesterday kicked against the purported move by the highly placed politicians in the state to impose a female as governor of the state come 2011.

In a statement issued in Ilorin by the council and signed by its state coordinator, Alhaji Tijani Edun and made available to newsmen, the council said such alleged move was against the principle of Islamic law that forbids female leadership in Islam.

According to the statement, ”we as members of Supreme Council for Shariah are not politicians and not working for the female rivals but making efforts to guide Muslims, including politicians and check what is against the wish of Allah remains our priority”.

The statement said the argument raised by a female contestant in the state that people like Bhutto of Pakistan, Queen Elizabeth of England, among others, are female leaders who had ruled their various countries was not tenable because they are not Islamic states. shocked shocked shocked shocked

Edun added that, any attempt by the female politician to rule the state come 2011 would serve as a bad precedent and more importantly would destroy the only legacy and culture of Islam left behind by Alimi dynasty in the state.

He stressed that, allowing a woman to head the state where more than 80 per cent are Muslims would spell a doom for the state and they should all work against such move .

Edun noted that, the council was not asking the people to take to violence in waging war against the move but they should embark on fervent prayers in order to salvage the state from such move.

He, therefore, called on the Muslims to converge at the Yidi praying ground, Ilorin on May 30, 2010 to call on God to prevail on the people that would want to impose a woman as leader for the state in the next political dispensation.
http://odili.net/news/source/2010/jan/27/211.html
Re: Muslims Call On Allah To Stop Female Governorship In Kwara by 0hsisi: 4:10pm On Jan 28, 2010
I thought I had heard it all.
See the mindset of these stone age morons that we're forced to share a country with.
The eediots don't even know that Pakistan is a Muslim country.
Boko haram!
Re: Muslims Call On Allah To Stop Female Governorship In Kwara by ayettymama(f): 4:25pm On Jan 28, 2010
this is actually quite funny

is kwara an islamic state? as in is there sharia law runnin there too??
Re: Muslims Call On Allah To Stop Female Governorship In Kwara by edoyad(m): 4:25pm On Jan 28, 2010
You can see why education is good ? I tell you people that Nigeria would have long been a first world country if education was made compulsory. Muslim state in a secular country ?
Re: Muslims Call On Allah To Stop Female Governorship In Kwara by Habib16(m): 5:41pm On Jan 28, 2010
@pdoster ahead of me what are u insuniating? May Allah forbid it, Female Govt in my STATE seriously impossible.
Re: Muslims Call On Allah To Stop Female Governorship In Kwara by olafolarin(m): 5:52pm On Jan 28, 2010
Anybody can lead kwara State.Be it man or Woman.
Re: Muslims Call On Allah To Stop Female Governorship In Kwara by aloyemeka2: 5:58pm On Jan 28, 2010
Habib16:

@pdoster ahead of me what are u insuniating? May Allah forbid it,   Female Govt in my STATE seriously impossible.

You are very sick in the name of religion. I am sure some other Kwarans here do not reason like you.
Re: Muslims Call On Allah To Stop Female Governorship In Kwara by citizenY(m): 6:04pm On Jan 28, 2010
There is nothing that stops anybody from going to Kwara state to canvass for votes
for this lady. If you like, move to Kwara and register to vote. If you cannot do so, you
have run out of options. All this holier than thou stance will amount to nothing. This is
not to say that I support them but what democratic options do I have?
Re: Muslims Call On Allah To Stop Female Governorship In Kwara by Nobody: 6:08pm On Jan 28, 2010
Turkey, Bangladesh, Pakistan and Indonesia are Muslim countries with female leaders, or have had female leaders in the past.

Aisha, the author of many hadith, was or wasnt a female Muslim leader, depending on your orientation.
Re: Muslims Call On Allah To Stop Female Governorship In Kwara by edoyad(m): 6:14pm On Jan 28, 2010
Tell me what is the difference between some people and those barbarians in Afghanistan ? Well It's their opinion, same way some people believe children shouldn't go to school. Backwardness begets backwardness.
Re: Muslims Call On Allah To Stop Female Governorship In Kwara by Ibime(m): 7:10pm On Jan 28, 2010
For how long will Kwara State keep acting like the leper of Yorubaland?

They are behind all Yoruba states on all indices of development. Does this have something to do with 13th century reasoning like the one displayed by these anti-suffrage buffoons?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Muslims Call On Allah To Stop Female Governorship In Kwara by yeswecan(m): 7:14pm On Jan 28, 2010
0hsisi:

I thought I had heard it all.
See the mindset of these stone age morons that we're forced to share a country with.
The eediots don't even know that Pakistan is a Muslim country.
Boko haram!

LOL
Re: Muslims Call On Allah To Stop Female Governorship In Kwara by aloyemeka2: 7:38pm On Jan 28, 2010
Ibime:

They are behind all Yoruba states on all indices of development. Does this have something to do with 13th century reasoning like the one displayed by these anti-suffrage buffoons?

Not all of them are backward o.
Re: Muslims Call On Allah To Stop Female Governorship In Kwara by edoyad(m): 8:02pm On Jan 28, 2010
But Guys on a second thought they might be using religion as a platform to resist the lion of afonja from imposing his big lipped senator daughter as governor. Obviously Bukola can't run again and signs are pointing towards madam senator replacing her elder brother.
Re: Muslims Call On Allah To Stop Female Governorship In Kwara by FrankC3: 8:23pm On Jan 28, 2010
Wonders!!!
Re: Muslims Call On Allah To Stop Female Governorship In Kwara by bawomolo(m): 8:34pm On Jan 28, 2010
edoyad:

But Guys on a second thought they might be using religion as a platform to resist the lion of afonja from imposing his big lipped senator daughter as governor. Obviously Bukola can't run again and signs are pointing towards madam senator replacing her elder brother.

its still sexist regardless of the intent.
Re: Muslims Call On Allah To Stop Female Governorship In Kwara by Habib16(m): 8:46pm On Jan 28, 2010
alow emeka are u a Kwarian?
Re: Muslims Call On Allah To Stop Female Governorship In Kwara by Nobody: 9:46pm On Jan 28, 2010
typical osisi - because some kwara muslims are speaking out against a woman being govenor - smear the whole state as stone age buffons - anyway what can one expect from a fanatic who endorsed pat robertson's statement that the christian god was punishing haitans for a pact with the devil? tongue
Re: Muslims Call On Allah To Stop Female Governorship In Kwara by DisGuy: 9:50pm On Jan 28, 2010
Dumb journalist just typed everything he was paid to

The statement said the argument raised by a female contestant in the state that people like Bhutto of Pakistan, Queen Elizabeth of England, among others, are female leaders who had ruled their various countries was not tenable because they are not Islamic states
why didnt he/she acknowledge this is wrong especially that of pakistan

the journalist obvious know who or could easily speculate who this non gorups were refering to he didnt even bother trying to guess

Members of the Kwara State branch of the Supreme Council for Shariah yesterday kicked against the [b]purported move by the highly placed politicians in the state to impose a female as governor of the state come [/b]2011.
Re: Muslims Call On Allah To Stop Female Governorship In Kwara by adconline(m): 9:58pm On Jan 28, 2010
ahead of me what are u insuniating? May Allah forbid it,   Female Govt in my STATE seriously impossible
You see why we are not in the same league and dont shoot in the same basket, but why are folks who dont share the same kind of idealogy on your way?

"But really the fact is, we not in the same bracket
Not in the same league, don't shoot at the same baskets
Don't pay the same taxes, hang with the same bitches
So how am I in the way, what is it I'm missing" Jay-Z
Re: Muslims Call On Allah To Stop Female Governorship In Kwara by kosovo(m): 10:08pm On Jan 28, 2010
This is Sarcastic and mordacious
Re: Muslims Call On Allah To Stop Female Governorship In Kwara by Mekusxyz: 10:17pm On Jan 28, 2010
Ibime:

Is Kwara a Yoruba state?
1. It is not in the SW
2. It is not governed by a Yoruba
3. Ilorin, its capital, is ruled by a Fulani
4. It is of mixed tribal population
Thus, can we truly, in Nigeria's politics, refer to Kwara as a Yoruba state?
Re: Muslims Call On Allah To Stop Female Governorship In Kwara by Nobody: 10:20pm On Jan 28, 2010
Ibime:

thank you - at least we have stable power supply, and we dont have the ekiti/ogun madness or ibadans adedibu - yep our fellow yorubas are indeed leading tongue
Re: Muslims Call On Allah To Stop Female Governorship In Kwara by sjeezy8: 10:44pm On Jan 28, 2010
Lol these people in kwara make no sense the current senator in kwara is Sarakis daughter

Saraki is a fool who used religion to gain domination in his state now, the religion is getting out of hand sooner or later the islamic extremist will ask why is his daughter a Senator, since shes a female.

The Olu Saraki is using all outlets to take control of not only kwara through religion but the middle belt states. I SEE DOOM FOR THEIR FAMILY DYNASTY.- if they dont change from their fathers way of manipulating.

Bukola-the govenor is doing fairly well, but can do way better but one can see that his father is still playing the whole fulani islam card, which hinders development in the state. The guy is probably one of the most westernized govenors in Nigeria.

[img]http://www.facebook.com/profile/pic.php?oid=AAAAAQAQloxg4Y1Qu50c1QqQR4CobQAAAAq0KzR4Jbd7e00nPvMm3Wfi&size=normal[/img]
The daughter Senator Gbemisola R. Saraki -is among the first female senators in Nigeria, which is a good thing for young women in kwara to follow, but her father is fackin it up.

Toyin Saraki wife of the govenor(from Lagos) - is also at the fore front of womens rights in kwara, but the sharia clowns are hindering her good work an progressive mindset.

The way people use religion to control people in kwara will soon get out of control.
Re: Muslims Call On Allah To Stop Female Governorship In Kwara by abadaba(m): 10:51pm On Jan 28, 2010
Mekusxyz:

Is Kwara a Yoruba state?
1. It is not in the SW
2. It is not governed by a Yoruba
3. Ilorin, its capital, is ruled by a Fulani
4. It is of mixed tribal population
Thus, can we truly, in Nigeria's politics, refer to Kwara as a Yoruba state?
Kwara state is like Rivers state. Kwara is not completely Yoruba just as Rivers is not completely Igbo.
Re: Muslims Call On Allah To Stop Female Governorship In Kwara by Nobody: 10:51pm On Jan 28, 2010
sjeezy8:

Lol these people in kwara make no sense the current senator in kwara is Sarakis daughter

[img]http://www.facebook.com/profile/pic.php?oid=AAAAAQAQloxg4Y1Qu50c1QqQR4CobQAAAAq0KzR4Jbd7e00nPvMm3Wfi&size=normal[/img]

Saraki is a fool who used religion to gain domination in his state now, the religion is getting out of hand sooner or later the islamic extremist will ask why is his daughter a Senator, since shes a female.

please stop toeing the line of our misguided religious bigots. saraki used poverty to gain domination in kwara state - not religion.

its an open secert that he intended that his daughter would replace bukky

a friend joked that after 8 years of bukky, nigeria will have its first female governor .

in the end its just some opposition politicians trying to use religion to stir up sentiments
Re: Muslims Call On Allah To Stop Female Governorship In Kwara by sjeezy8: 11:10pm On Jan 28, 2010
oyb:

please stop toeing the line of our misguided religious bigots. saraki used poverty to gain domination in kwara state - not religion.
its an open secert that he intended that his daughter would replace bukky
a friend joked that after 8 years of bukky, nigeria will have its first female governor .
in the end its just some opposition politicians trying to use religion to stir up sentiments

The poverty that he may use to conrol in kwara also comes from religion which he uses to cater to the north for favorism in Nigeria.

The Sarakis I see as people who are very progressive but in times of politics Olu seems to use the same retrogressive behavior that most Northern Govenors use.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVfErQTKH6Y - Bukola saraki speaking on health insurance for the state, the guy is progressive.
Re: Muslims Call On Allah To Stop Female Governorship In Kwara by Nobody: 11:16pm On Jan 28, 2010
mr man, stop talking bs - the poverty comes from religion - i suppose the ekiti and ogun state crises - and the poverty in those states also came from religion. i'm sure you have never set foot in kwara - thats why you will talk rubbish about the sarakis being progressive.granted , bukola has done some things, but when u see platoons of women trooping to his fathers compound when the man is in town, you know he will never do anything to gt them out of poverty. how else can he maintain his stranglehold?
Re: Muslims Call On Allah To Stop Female Governorship In Kwara by sjeezy8: 11:25pm On Jan 28, 2010
oyb:

mr man, stop talking bs - the poverty comes from religion - i suppose the ekiti and ogun state crises - and the poverty in those states also came from religion. i'm sure you have never set foot in kwara - thats why you will talk rubbish about the sarakis being progressive.granted , bukola has done some things, but when u see platoons of women trooping to his fathers compound when the man is in town, you know he will never do anything to gt them out of poverty. how else can he maintain his stranglehold?

Why would I step foot in kwara its like a shithole
any reasonable person would know that clowns in Northern Nigeria use religion to not only dominate but keep poverty level up. Show me a christian populated state that has the poverty levels of kwara.

better wake up oloshi boy there is no way a person can use poverty to dominate state without uttering religous rubbish- that is retrogressive.

When i say the Sarakis are progressive i mean in terms of women and sexism.
Re: Muslims Call On Allah To Stop Female Governorship In Kwara by Nobody: 11:33pm On Jan 28, 2010
good ol sjeezy8 - as to your bootlicking the sarakis, i'm not suprised, weren't you the one sayng some bs on some other thread about how children of politicians, governors etal are different from their fathers?

tell us your state, lets see how rich it is - i'm sure its a 'christain' state  tongue

When i say the Sarakis are progressive i mean in terms of women and sexism.

its obvious you're missing more than a few brain cells if you equate nepotism with promoting female advancement - typical from a  pro establishment stooge
Re: Muslims Call On Allah To Stop Female Governorship In Kwara by sjeezy8: 11:45pm On Jan 28, 2010
oyb:

good ol sjeezy8 - as to your bootlicking the sarakis, i'm not suprised, weren't you the one sayng some bs on some other thread about how children of politicians, governors etal are different from their fathers?

tell us your state, lets see how rich it is - i'm sure its a 'christain' state  tongue

its obvious you're missing more than a few brain cells if you equate nepotism with promoting female advancement - typical from a  pro establishment stooge

As i said Sarakis are far better than the other clowns in Kwara, who dont want any females in politics at all.

Im from Lagos state where christian and muslims actually make sense, unlike the animals in kwara. Using religion and ethnicity in politics to dominate others.

nepotism can be seen as leading by example only a fool wouldnt look at it as some type of progression of women, as it starts from somewhere.
I know its hard for you to understand because youre in the north and probably very slow. Obj's daughter is a senator also, any person with half a brain would see it as "some type" of advancement for women in politics.

I dont blame you youre a fulani
Re: Muslims Call On Allah To Stop Female Governorship In Kwara by Nobody: 11:57pm On Jan 28, 2010
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

how many imes were u dropped on your head

the man set up his son as governor for eight years - he wants to set up his daughter for the next eight years, and you are actually so stupid that you think it is because he is concerned with progression of women? why didn't he set her up after 4 years of bukky? efoe bukky, he installed lawal. they fell out - why didn't he install his daighter then?

Obj's daughter is a senator also, any person with half a brain would see it as "some type" of advancement for women in politics.

with a mind like that i can ony say u are a disgrace to the yoruba race and humanity in general. the next thing you will be sayin is that that hairdesser senate speaker thief was also a good thing for women

u know iyabo is a vet doctor and she served as health commissioner in ogun state - i suppose in your book, thats advancement too. come out and ell us who you are - you sound like a child of the establishment, glossing over nepotism and cronyism as 'advancement'. sad really.

no wonder nigeria is fked - with retards like sjeey8 justifying conversion of governors offices to dynasties

I know its hard for you to understand because youre in the north and probably very slow. Obj's daughter is a senator also, any person with half a brain would see it as "some type" of advancement for women in politics.

I dont blame you youre a fulani

yo - retard guess what i'm in lagos cheesy cheesy and i'm yoruba- sorry to burst your bubble, but then again, you're a notorious tribalist

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Jumia Nigeria Fires Its Staff: True Experience / List Of 21 African Presidents And Their Ages As Of 2016 / Aisha Buhari Launches ‘leave Our Daughters Alone’ Campaign

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.