Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,679 members, 7,918,158 topics. Date: Monday, 12 August 2024 at 12:42 AM

My Application For Foreign Transaction Was Refused Because I'm A Nigerian - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Application For Foreign Transaction Was Refused Because I'm A Nigerian (801 Views)

Zenith Bank Charged Me This For A 5Dollar Transaction *pix Attached**** / Payment On Foreign Transaction / Help About Foreign Transaction! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Application For Foreign Transaction Was Refused Because I'm A Nigerian by Nobody: 9:48pm On Jan 28, 2010
Today marks the day that I really come to understand just how damaged our national image is by the things happening in the country lately.

I wanted to buy some e-books and videos on how to trade forex from this company, and requested them to send me an alternative means of paying for their products. Of course, I couldn't pay with my MasterCard Debit Card cos as you all know, Nigeria is not listed (even African countries like Ghana and Namibia are listed!). Thus, I asked them, and to my consternation, a reply hit my inbox this evening, notifying me that they would not deal with Nigerians!

I felt humiliated. I really wanted to write them immediately just to tell them to go to hell. I was that livid! Here's a copy of the mail they sent me for your eyes. My people, what do you think is happening to our beloved country embarassed embarassed embarassed cry cry cry

The Message:

Forwarded Message: [#UGF-236898]: How do I pay for Forex Nitty Gritty?
[#UGF-236898]: How do I pay for Forex Nitty Gritty?Thursday, 28 January, 2010 18:05From: "Profits Run Student Support" <support@profitsrun.com>To: xxxx
Thank you for your email.
After much research and consideration, we are no longer able to accept orders from certain countries, Nigeria included.
We apologize for any inconvenience.

Good Trading,

Jessica
Student Support
Profits Run, Inc.

Ticket DetailsTicket ID: UGF-236898
Department: Profits Run
Priority: Medium
Re: My Application For Foreign Transaction Was Refused Because I'm A Nigerian by israelbiz(m): 5:48pm On Feb 02, 2010
hi Kiki, if you still have interest in this book, pls call me on 08053049279 or mail me @ runsewe_olajide@yahoo.com, I have a manual that will guild you through @ just N1,500 only, you too can resell it for someone else.Thanks.
Re: My Application For Foreign Transaction Was Refused Because I'm A Nigerian by snowdrops(m): 10:42pm On Feb 02, 2010
I think in this case they have the right to decide who to do business with based on their risk analysis. They did not say they will not deal with Nigerians but that they wont deal with people living in Nigeria.
I think that is pretty much self explanatory. We are only reaping the fruits of our various nefarious activities over the years. We only have ourselves to blame.
Re: My Application For Foreign Transaction Was Refused Because I'm A Nigerian by consultmartins(m): 3:04am On Feb 03, 2010
Sorry for the humiliation. For those of us that have been online for quite sometime now, we are now used to it.
Next time, use a visa card
Take heart

Re: My Application For Foreign Transaction Was Refused Because I'm A Nigerian by infomobile: 6:38pm On Feb 03, 2010
@martins. Is visacard more acceptable for nigerians now than mastercard? If so, hw do i get one? Or rather tel me hw u got urs
Re: My Application For Foreign Transaction Was Refused Because I'm A Nigerian by UyiIredia(m): 7:21pm On Feb 03, 2010
a pity >>> God S.O.S undecided undecided
Re: My Application For Foreign Transaction Was Refused Because I'm A Nigerian by shilling(f): 9:38pm On Feb 04, 2010
Not new, when I applied for my student visa a couple of years ago, I fed in my info into Dept of Homeland Security's website and I was immediately told that I couldn't pay my 1-20 fee online., and I wasn't even in Nigeria - bummer!!!
Re: My Application For Foreign Transaction Was Refused Because I'm A Nigerian by snowdrops(m): 9:40pm On Feb 04, 2010
Well over to the government;
If we still have one
Re: My Application For Foreign Transaction Was Refused Because I'm A Nigerian by consultmartins(m): 12:26am On Feb 05, 2010
To you infomobile: most Nigerian banks offer visa card service so just go and do some enquiry.
Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Improter Of Rice Needed - Large Qty / How Do You See Network Marketing. Urgent Advice Needed Please! / How do I start a Consulting firm?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.