Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,711 members, 7,879,104 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 12:38 PM

Bidemi Babafemi Ojudu Graduates With First Class From The UK (Photos) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bidemi Babafemi Ojudu Graduates With First Class From The UK (Photos) (35757 Views)

Babafemi Ojudu: Stop Begging Me For Money, I Am No Longer A Senator / Senator Babafemi Ojudu Withdraws From Ekiti State APC Primary (Photos) / Moremi Ojudu Apologizes To Her Father, Babafemi Ojudu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bidemi Babafemi Ojudu Graduates With First Class From The UK (Photos) by Nobody: 9:39pm On Jun 30, 2017
onatisi:
These politicians are giving their children the best and positioning them to rule the dumb nigerians masses who keeps following them like ileya rams .
Until ppl start thinking amd realizing that all these politicians think about is themselves and their families , until then dumb nigerians will keep voting in the wrong ppl.
Congrats to this young gentleman that graduated with flying colors. A seat of power is already reserved for you courtesy of your father and nigerians

Well said bros. Potential governor of his state in future

1 Like

Re: Bidemi Babafemi Ojudu Graduates With First Class From The UK (Photos) by limamintruth: 9:39pm On Jun 30, 2017
arena07:
The government did not mandate it for citizens to school in Nigerian just work hard and find your way out of the country if u want foreign education

Smh
Re: Bidemi Babafemi Ojudu Graduates With First Class From The UK (Photos) by arena07: 9:41pm On Jun 30, 2017
limamintruth:

Smh
truth is bitter
Re: Bidemi Babafemi Ojudu Graduates With First Class From The UK (Photos) by Jaqenhghar: 9:45pm On Jun 30, 2017
TheShopKeeper:
All the children of politicians seem to study abroad, definetely a class system is already in place in this country.

By the way, a big congrats to the young man for his First Class degree...
Exactly

Truth is everyone wants to belong to that class then remain in that class with no thought of others
Re: Bidemi Babafemi Ojudu Graduates With First Class From The UK (Photos) by limamintruth: 9:52pm On Jun 30, 2017
arena07:
truth is bitter

What truth? That the government has not failed to lead by example or what exactly?? undecided

We can refuse to comply with their fake policy of 'growing naija' all we want, but the reality remains that our so-called leaders are being very insincere to Nigerians.
Re: Bidemi Babafemi Ojudu Graduates With First Class From The UK (Photos) by onatisi(m): 10:08pm On Jun 30, 2017
TheShopKeeper:
All the children of politicians seem to study abroad, definetely a class system is already in place in this country.

By the way, a big congrats to the young man for his First Class degree...
Baba ,the bitter truth is that unless you study abroad it will be very very difficult to rule nigerians or even make any impact.dont let anyone deceive you that if you study in nigeria and stay in nigeria ,that you are on the same level with those who studied abroad. Go through the names and list of all our top government officials to businessmen in every sector,you will see that 96% of them at one point in time went abroad for further studies and exposure. Abroad is a leveler and you are exposed to the sane way of doing things unlike the mad crazy methods in nigeria , every elite is pushing their wards out of nigeria for better education and exposure while the parents stay in nigeria and keep fooling nigerians with their propaganda "proudly nigeria" program. All these politicians have already acquired second passports for their kids ,most of them hold dual passports. Even nigeria leaders don't believe in nigeria anymore. Our president is now fully london based sef.
Re: Bidemi Babafemi Ojudu Graduates With First Class From The UK (Photos) by arena07: 10:21pm On Jun 30, 2017
limamintruth:

What truth? That the government has not failed to lead by example or what exactly?? undecided

We can refuse to comply with their fake policy of 'growing naija' all we want, but the reality remains that our so-called leaders are being very insincere to Nigerians.
everyone knows that our leaders are insincere to Nigerians but the bone of contention is dat the country is the reflection of our educational system as I said earlier double your hustle if you wish to have foreign education
Re: Bidemi Babafemi Ojudu Graduates With First Class From The UK (Photos) by sayisayi(m): 10:33pm On Jun 30, 2017
Bubu and his government in UK exile. I tire sef!
Re: Bidemi Babafemi Ojudu Graduates With First Class From The UK (Photos) by bigfather(m): 10:42pm On Jun 30, 2017
CROWNWEALTH019:
And sarrki they lautech

That was below d belt grin grin grin

For ya info. He will go for his masters abroad! grin
Re: Bidemi Babafemi Ojudu Graduates With First Class From The UK (Photos) by Chinagurum1995(m): 2:30am On Jul 01, 2017
Congrats too you my Brother.
grin
Re: Bidemi Babafemi Ojudu Graduates With First Class From The UK (Photos) by Pain(m): 8:28am On Jul 01, 2017
We are witnessing the fast Commoditisation & Commercialization of First Class Degrees undecided
Re: Bidemi Babafemi Ojudu Graduates With First Class From The UK (Photos) by aalangel(f): 9:29am On Jul 01, 2017
Obviously a nerd.
Re: Bidemi Babafemi Ojudu Graduates With First Class From The UK (Photos) by abnot: 4:20pm On Jul 01, 2017
Amah70:

Lol.

You are consoling yourself.
Can you ceven get visa for someone to go to the UK, talk less, study in the UK?

You never begin ask yourself why did I do: Sai Baba?

Sai baba Buhari of anti-corruption fame.

I am not consoling myself. And just to let you know I earned a BS in computer science from AU Washington DC as well as MSc. in Computer science from Edinburgh university in scotland(UK). I dont mean to be arrogant but my parents sponsored my education without stealing any money even though I enrolled into college two years after my dad retired as a full professor in the medical field at a public university here in Nigeria. If you want the good things in life work for it instead of bringing others down.
A visa to UK or any country in the world means nothing as I've held countless short-term and long term UK C-visit visas as well as two visas under the point based system.
I'm here on nairaland to learn from others and not to put anyone down. Making the kind of comments you are making adds no value or takes anything away from me. Nairaland helped me with information when I was preparing for SAT as far back as 2007 among others.

1 Like

Re: Bidemi Babafemi Ojudu Graduates With First Class From The UK (Photos) by abnot: 4:30pm On Jul 01, 2017
Willie2015:

We still have a long way to go in Nigeria if we still have folks reasoning this way.

There is no big deal in studying in the UK if our leaders create an environment for our universities to rank at par with these foreign universities in terms of quality. If OAU, Unilag and UI ranking is same as Havard and Cambridge in terms of quality and ranking, no one will give a damn about someone going to UK to study.

We need a revolution, that is the only way forward but I dont think this generation is ready for this!

“Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable."

Nigerian universities will not be like Harvard or any of the universities you've mentioned simply because we are a poor country at the moment whether we accept it or not. I got convinced during my first exposure to western education. The UK/US university system gets funding from their government as well as well-meaning donors .In the UK the government allocates a fixed number of slots for its citizens on each program a university offers. For each of these slots the government allocates about GBP9,000 while the student who is able to get admitted pays about GBP3,000 . Thus the university gets a fee of approximately GBP12,000 on each student aside from research grants, fees from international students and other source of funding. I looked at the university of glasgow budget for 2014 and its was around the region of GBP500M . More than the budget of an entire state in Nigeria. Our universities are poorly funded and as such cannot compete with universities in the first world.

A revolution will not bring UI and HArvard at par. Nigerians need to focus/tackle the root cause of our problems and rather than allowing emotion take control of our reasoning.

1 Like

Re: Bidemi Babafemi Ojudu Graduates With First Class From The UK (Photos) by arena07: 5:35pm On Jul 01, 2017
abnot:

Nigerian universities will not be like Harvard or any of the universities you've mentioned simply because we are a poor country at the moment whether we accept it or not. I got convinced during my first exposure to western education. The UK/US university system gets funding from their government as well as well-meaning donors .In the UK the government allocates a fixed number of slots for its citizens on each program a university offers. For each of these slots the government allocates about GBP9,000 while the student who is able to get admitted pays about GBP3,000 . Thus the university gets a fee of approximately GBP12,000 on each student aside from research grants, fees from international students and other source of funding. I looked at the university of glasgow budget for 2014 and its was around the region of GBP500M . More than the budget of an entire state in Nigeria. Our universities are poorly funded and as such cannot compete with universities in the first world.

A revolution will not bring UI and HArvard at par. Nigerians need to focus/tackle the root cause of our problems and rather than allowing emotion take control of our reasoning.
well said
Re: Bidemi Babafemi Ojudu Graduates With First Class From The UK (Photos) by pally123: 5:46pm On Jul 01, 2017
CROWNWEALTH019:
And sarrki they lautech
I don die!
Re: Bidemi Babafemi Ojudu Graduates With First Class From The UK (Photos) by mustaheed: 10:21pm On Jul 01, 2017
Of course 20 years of age. Only in a UK university. Come to lautech where you'll use 3 years to run a semester let's see how old you'll be at graduation
Re: Bidemi Babafemi Ojudu Graduates With First Class From The UK (Photos) by JhyMedex: 2:24pm On Jul 03, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

May that certificate be worthless in his hands,
May Ojudu's gubernatorial ambition plunge him into unrecoverable debts,
Infact I pray their plane crashes on their way back to Nigeria.

These are the fools that are milking Nigeria dry.

20year old is a first-class UK graduate.

When the average 20year old in Nigeria is still attending JAMB extra mural lessons or riding Keke NAPEP. Not because they don't want to go to school, but because their parent's salaries are not regular enough to even feed them let alone train them.

Enough of this trash, where we celebrate leaders who have looted the country dry and living the best lives when the average man can't even dream of it.
A revolution should take place.
This slate of injustice and partial wealth should be wiped clean.

Boss Boss.. once in a yl u dey get sense sha ..grin
Re: Bidemi Babafemi Ojudu Graduates With First Class From The UK (Photos) by Willie2015: 9:49am On Jul 04, 2017
abnot:

Nigerian universities can be like Havard if the elites/leaders get their focus right. We are not poor but our leaders have failed to harness our resources to reach our full potentials due to their greed. That,s the problem!

History teaches us that Obafemi Awolowo performed wonders (Built a university, cocoa house,gave free education to all & sundry etc)just from the proceed of cocoa production and processing. Nigerians should be living in El Dorado by now if our leaders are not greedy and myopic

History teaches us that there has been no real societal change without element of revolution & violence. You will wonder how UI VC that attended the convocation of his son in US will come back a week after and shut down a citadel of learning. I can bet that he will not shut down that school if his son and children of Atiku, Buhari, Babangida, etc are students of U.I.

Funding of university is a function and ability of our leaders to put our resources to full use. Until the masses unite and stand up to fight every injustice from the elites with force and violence, we will continue to suffer in silence and at the same time create hydra headed problems for future generations to come.
Re: Bidemi Babafemi Ojudu Graduates With First Class From The UK (Photos) by abnot: 2:24pm On Jul 04, 2017
Willie2015:

Nigerian universities can be like Havard if the elites/leaders get their focus right. We are not poor but our leaders have failed to harness our resources to reach our full potentials due to their greed. That,s the problem!

History teaches us that Obafemi Awolowo performed wonders (Built a university, cocoa house,gave free education to all & sundry etc)just from the proceed of cocoa production and processing. Nigerians should be living in El Dorado by now if our leaders are not greedy and myopic

History teaches us that there has been no real societal change without element of revolution & violence. You will wonder how UI VC that attended the convocation of his son in US will come back a week after and shut down a citadel of learning. I can bet that he will not shut down that school if his son and children of Atiku, Buhari, Babangida, etc are students of U.I.

Funding of university is a function and ability of our leaders to put our resources to full use. Until the masses unite and stand up to fight every injustice from the elites with force and violence, we will continue to suffer in silence and at the same time create hydra headed problems for future generations to come.

My brother while I agree with you on the grounds that the government can do more I still believe that Nigeria is a poor country today when compared with countries in the west . With good intentions there is still a limit to what you can do with scarce resources. First of all we aren't a nation that produces what we utilise (e.g. Furniture , electronics , food , cars and other utensils) . Thus we import all these . Also take into consideration that numerous reports have estimated that 90% of our forex revenue comes from crude sale which accounts for the major devaluation of the naira following the slump of crude oil prices . During the best of times Nigerian government earned roughly $60 billion a year from crude . That's probably less than what the UK government spends on defence in one year .

In 2014 the uk government spent £98 billion on education alone yet they are a country of 55 million people with about 100 universities . A report I read last year estimated that British universities generate £6billion yearly from international student fees . That of USA is a lot higher . So how can you expect same quality of education experienced in the west in Nigeria when we aren't doing what they are doing ?. Also what quality of teachers dominate our universities . I know a lot bout our university and Health system because my dad worked for many years in both sectors as a full professor in a federal thus debating on these issues isn't something new to me.
Look at a pie view of uk government's 2014 spending I've attached .

Look at the lifestyle of an average Nigerian. Buying brand new vehicles is a luxury many Nigerians can't afford.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Risqua: Murtala Muhammed Left N7,000 In His Account As Ex Head Of State / 'EFCC Probe Them': Reno Omokri Releases Song On Tinubu, Dances In The Video / Orji Kalu: Nothing Wrong With Muslim-Muslim Ticket For Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.