Stats: 3,199,564 members, 7,972,125 topics. Date: Friday, 11 October 2024 at 01:10 AM

U.S. Aircraft Carrier, Deployed In Mideast To Fight ISIS, Arrives In Israel - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / U.S. Aircraft Carrier, Deployed In Mideast To Fight ISIS, Arrives In Israel (1140 Views)

Iran Fires Missile At Mock US Aircraft Carrier During Exercise (Photos) / 3000 U.S. Soldiers Deployed To The Middle East After Soleimani's Death / Melania Trump Arrives In Ghana, To Visit Other Countries (2) (3) (4)

U.S. Aircraft Carrier, Deployed In Mideast To Fight ISIS, Arrives In Israel by cristianisraeli: 7:46pm On Jul 01, 2017
U.S. Aircraft Carrier, Deployed in Mideast to Fight ISIS, Arrives in Israel

USS George H.W. Bush, which was previously deployed in the Persian Gulf, is staffed with 5,700 crew members and dozens of aircraft

An American aircraft carrier, the USS George H.W. Bush, docked in northern Israel on Saturday. It has been deployed in the region as part of the U.S.-led coalition's fight on ISIS. This is the first time in 17 years that such a vessel visits the country. 
Prior to arriving at Haifa's shore, the ship was deployed at the Persian Gulf before crossing the Suez Canal. It has been involved in the fight on ISIS since the beginning of the year. 
The USS George H.W. Bush is considered to be among the world's most expensive weaponry, with construction estimated at more than $6 billion. It is staffed with a crew of about 5,700 sailors and pilots and carries dozens of aircraft, including warplanes, helicopters and drones, as well as other weapons.

Senior Israeli defense officials are slated to visit the warship, and U.S. naval commanders will visit the shore. The press will be given a tour of the carrier on Monday. 
Earlier this week, a joint drill took place during which Israeli helicopters practiced landing on board the warship, the IDF said in a statement.

The Israeli navy's cooperation with foreign militaries has increased after the U.S.-led coalition began its war on ISIS. According to a naval officer, dozens of ships have docked in Haifa in recent years, coming from the U.S., U.K., France and India. The American warship's arrival is nevertheless unusual due to its large size and the scope of the aircraft it carries.

http://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/1.798806

Re: U.S. Aircraft Carrier, Deployed In Mideast To Fight ISIS, Arrives In Israel by cristianisraeli: 7:49pm On Jul 01, 2017
Crew aboard the aircraft carrier USS George H.W. Bush

Ahoy, sailors!

Re: U.S. Aircraft Carrier, Deployed In Mideast To Fight ISIS, Arrives In Israel by HisSexcellency(m): 7:50pm On Jul 01, 2017
When will an African country ever have something like this
Or is there something fundamentally wrong with we Africans

Re: U.S. Aircraft Carrier, Deployed In Mideast To Fight ISIS, Arrives In Israel by cristianisraeli: 7:54pm On Jul 01, 2017
The USS George H.W. Bush has recently played a significant role in the fight against ISIS. Every day, F-18 Super Hornet jets take off from this aircraft carrier to bomb ISIS targets in Syria and Iraq.

Two weeks ago, one of these F-18s shot down a Syrian Sukhoi Su-22 after it dropped bombs near the Syrian Democratic Forces, an opposition group supported by the US-led coalition.

Re: U.S. Aircraft Carrier, Deployed In Mideast To Fight ISIS, Arrives In Israel by cristianisraeli: 7:55pm On Jul 01, 2017
american and israeli haters..over to una..as a christian i love russia..they have the largest christian army in the world and they defend christianity..but they need to do something about this smokey smokey..lol

Re: U.S. Aircraft Carrier, Deployed In Mideast To Fight ISIS, Arrives In Israel by smartty68(m): 7:56pm On Jul 01, 2017
HisSexcellency:
@Emboldened, Yes fundamentally everything is wrong with the Blackman!
Well, I know of one African country that can afford this if not for corruption prevalences. Don't ask me the name because you know it already

Re: U.S. Aircraft Carrier, Deployed In Mideast To Fight ISIS, Arrives In Israel by cristianisraeli: 8:02pm On Jul 01, 2017
isis una food don ready..assad if i hear pim

Re: U.S. Aircraft Carrier, Deployed In Mideast To Fight ISIS, Arrives In Israel by yale001(f): 8:15pm On Jul 01, 2017
Nice
Re: U.S. Aircraft Carrier, Deployed In Mideast To Fight ISIS, Arrives In Israel by Nobody: 8:21pm On Jul 01, 2017
HisSexcellency:
every single one in Africa is to be blamed U.S takes alot risk that can destroy them and have alot of enemies too so having those giants is no big deal, Africa can't take any risk and the enemies of africa is africa becos we are fighting ourselves.

Re: U.S. Aircraft Carrier, Deployed In Mideast To Fight ISIS, Arrives In Israel by tobillionaire(m): 8:28pm On Jul 01, 2017
hmmmmm
Re: U.S. Aircraft Carrier, Deployed In Mideast To Fight ISIS, Arrives In Israel by decatalyst(m): 10:00pm On Jul 01, 2017
smartty68:

Well, I know of one African country that can afford this if not for corruption prevalences. Don't ask me the name because you know it already

My guess is SA or Egypt
Re: U.S. Aircraft Carrier, Deployed In Mideast To Fight ISIS, Arrives In Israel by HisSexcellency(m): 10:32pm On Jul 01, 2017
Ikio:
every single one in Africa is to be blamed U.S takes alot risk that can destroy them and have alot of enemies too so having those giants is no big deal, Africa can't take any risk and the enemies of africa is africa becos we are fighting ourselves.
Anyone can take risks, it's all about the capacity to will to face the consequences of that risk
Re: U.S. Aircraft Carrier, Deployed In Mideast To Fight ISIS, Arrives In Israel by HisSexcellency(m): 10:42pm On Jul 01, 2017
smartty68:

Does this mean that the west are not corrupt, everything shouldn't be blamed on corruption.
An example is akwa ibom state, we all know that their former governor stole money from the state but you can't compare what he did in that state to other states in Nigeria even his predecessor. I believe the only problem of Nigeria and Africa at large is lack of foresight.
Re: U.S. Aircraft Carrier, Deployed In Mideast To Fight ISIS, Arrives In Israel by APCsupporter: 12:32am On Jul 02, 2017
This noisemaker again.

Obama Vow To Use Power To Twarth Terrorism / Obama's Daughter Sasha Yawn During Dad's Inauguration Speech / Live Iowa Caucus Result Has Cruz Leading Trump.