Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,108 members, 7,887,238 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 03:04 AM

Who Has Been Defrauded On Jiji? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Who Has Been Defrauded On Jiji? (2318 Views)

Help!!! I Just Got Scammed On Jiji. What Can I Do To Recover My Money / I Think I Have Been Scammed On Jiji. What Do I Do / How I Was Defrauded At Ikeja Computer Village. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Has Been Defrauded On Jiji? by Nobody: 8:35pm On Jul 01, 2017
I created this post to get in touch with those who have been defrauded via Jiji recently so as to rub minds and come up with possible solutions and take urgent actions.
Re: Who Has Been Defrauded On Jiji? by cursedAbiola(f): 8:59pm On Jul 01, 2017
if you get defrauded on classified ads na your fault grin
Re: Who Has Been Defrauded On Jiji? by Sanemind(m): 9:17pm On Jul 01, 2017
[color=#990000][/color]u can't be defrauded if u play by d roles
Re: Who Has Been Defrauded On Jiji? by SammyT95(m): 2:01am On Jul 02, 2017
Me by one guy that claims to be a sales rep for some company that deals with UK used system, was offered a system of 8gig ram and 1tb ram for 52k, they'll deliver to me in Lagos because they're in kogi but I will have to pay a commitment fee, ended up losing 18k to them. Was really stupid then
Re: Who Has Been Defrauded On Jiji? by constance500: 4:01am On Jul 02, 2017
SammyT95:
Me by one guy that claims to be a sales rep for some company that deals with UK used system, was offered a system of 8gig ram and 1tb ram for 52k, they'll deliver to me in Lagos because they're in kogi but I will have to pay a commitment fee, ended up losing 18k to them. Was really stupid then

I almost lost my 20k sometimes back too. Said I will have to pay in first before he could send someone to take me to his shop. A deal on an infinix note 2 phone which I refused.
Re: Who Has Been Defrauded On Jiji? by Opistorincos(m): 5:18am On Jul 02, 2017
A dude in my school lost 60k, nigga wanted an iphone 6, paid 60k in advance and that was it, ordinary toy iPhone, he didn't get from anyone
Re: Who Has Been Defrauded On Jiji? by NaijaEfcc: 6:31am On Jul 02, 2017
SammyT95:
guy nawa ooooh 8gig ram plus 1tb for 52k haba nahhhhhhh!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Who Has Been Defrauded On Jiji? by FromZeroToHero(m): 6:42am On Jul 02, 2017
You are the architect of your own misfortune. How can you buy a laptop of that spec for as low as 52k.
SammyT95:

2 Likes

Re: Who Has Been Defrauded On Jiji? by FromZeroToHero(m): 6:44am On Jul 02, 2017
80% of Online deals in Nigeria are scam. I prefer to walk into a shop and buy my stuff.

7 Likes

Re: Who Has Been Defrauded On Jiji? by kingthreatz: 6:52am On Jul 02, 2017
On Jiji, there is a warning of never pay in advance to a seller. The transaction should be like what hoes say "Money for hand, back for ground".

4 Likes

Re: Who Has Been Defrauded On Jiji? by Donniefred(m): 8:40am On Jul 02, 2017
That is how I bought a dead PC. Lost 40k

I'm still depressed about it
Re: Who Has Been Defrauded On Jiji? by Nobody: 8:54am On Jul 02, 2017
Lost 48k to one nigga on Jiji and the painful thing about the whole stuff is that Jiji are not doing anything about it. It's like they consent to what this scammers are doing.
Re: Who Has Been Defrauded On Jiji? by dinklage(m): 9:18am On Jul 02, 2017
profeth:
Lost 48k to one nigga on Jiji and the painful thing about the whole stuff is that Jiji are not doing anything about it. It's like they consent to what this scammers are doing.

Don't you ever ever ever attempt to pin the blame on jiji for your misfortune as it is clearly stated on their website site that buyers should not send money to the sellers without proper physical assessment of the item(s) you intend to buy.
It's your fault for not obeying the instructions

10 Likes

Re: Who Has Been Defrauded On Jiji? by ITbomb(m): 10:03am On Jul 02, 2017
Jiji connects buyers and sellers so responsibility is mostly on the individual to trade safely.

I have gotten many stuff off jiji for much cheaper than the market price and it is always face to face. If you are not in my locality, forget the deal.

1 Like

Re: Who Has Been Defrauded On Jiji? by Edopesin: 10:48am On Jul 02, 2017
I Neva Fr Once Trusted Those Madafackers undecided
Re: Who Has Been Defrauded On Jiji? by AkifRusvelt: 2:13pm On Jul 02, 2017
constance500:

I almost lost my 20k sometimes back too. Said I will have to pay in first before he could send someone to take me to his shop. A deal on an infinix note 2 phone which I refused.
How much you can talk about the same thing. For example, you came to the store to buy food, you were given food, and you money. conclusion, there is no need to pay money in advance.
Re: Who Has Been Defrauded On Jiji? by ewizard1: 6:47pm On Jul 02, 2017
I laff, I just laff!
You don't blame jiji for your "unsmartness"
Re: Who Has Been Defrauded On Jiji? by vicadex07(m): 6:57pm On Jul 02, 2017
Some human beings are really dumb. They probably dont know the differnce btw jiji, olx and jumia, konga and co.

No wonder some of them are blaming jiji for their stupidity. Jiji and olx are very wonderful platforms if u know your way round them.

If you dont know how to use classified sites why not ask from people with experience instead of using your money to do experiment.

1 Like

Re: Who Has Been Defrauded On Jiji? by mikebrown92: 1:17am On Jul 03, 2017
whenever i hear people are being scammed on jiji, i asked mysef how they fall for that cheap thing, you were asked to pay commitment fee n you went and sent the money without seeing the persn or the product asif they charmed you to send the money.
Re: Who Has Been Defrauded On Jiji? by Nobody: 1:28am On Jul 03, 2017
mikebrown92:
whenever i hear people are being scammed on jiji, i asked mysef how they fall for that cheap thing, you were asked to pay commitment fee n you went and sent the money without seeing the persn or the product asif they charmed you to send the money.
LOL i tired for some people mumuness
Re: Who Has Been Defrauded On Jiji? by henrixx(m): 7:15am On Jul 03, 2017
most nairalanders will always fall victim of some impending scam on Jiji due to greed. when someone will post a neat gionee m5 for 50k and they will be pricing 25k or 30k.
Re: Who Has Been Defrauded On Jiji? by Tholluwalase(m): 11:09am On Jul 03, 2017
Donniefred:
That is how I bought a dead PC. Lost 40k

I'm still depressed about it

WTF angry

(1) (Reply)

Nokia 8.1 Becomes The First Phone Brand To Launch Official Android 10 Update / COVID-19: How To Sanitize Your Mobile Phone Without Damaging It / Samsung Galaxy S9 In Excellent Condition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.