Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,213 members, 7,873,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 09:48 PM

Oh African Youth, Think - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oh African Youth, Think (374 Views)

South Africa Lady Supports Nigeria, Blast South African Youth / Obasanjo Steps Out For African Youth Governance To Promote Girl Education(pics) / Tony Nwulu Conferred With Best African Youth Friendly Legislative Bill Award (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Oh African Youth, Think by azibit: 8:26am On Jul 02, 2017
A continent with a population of more than 1 billion. What are the youths using their everyday life for? What are you using your everyday life for? I learned in school that the basic needs of a human are food, clothing, and shelter but I am afraid to report that even this basic need is hardly met on this continent.

Oh African Youth, Think. Can we continue to live this way? Can we live with materialism as our center of focus? With money being our driving factor, how can we ever reach the time when even the basic needs of human would be met. How did it all get this bad? We as youths are the hope of our dear continent. What are we doing to make it better? A youth might ask, what can I do to make it better? You can start my living every day of your life to the fullest. Doing all the possible best things you can ever do because today is all that you have. The past is gone and the future is yet to come.

Oh African Youth, Think. Our forefathers who helped us secure our independence did not seek that in their old age, they secured our independence in their youthful ages. They were not motivated by the number of likes they had on their social media pages but were motivated by the love they had for every African. The love that the African continent be free to think and do things their own ways. But is that still the case today? If our forefathers were to rise from the land of death and see what they had fought so hard for, I am not sure they would be happy they ever gave their lives.

Oh African Youth, Think. Can we continue to be motivated by the love of sex and money? To amass all the wealth the world has to offer? And then what. Then enjoy for 100 more years? And then what? Marry the finest man or woman alive? And then what? Give birth to the finest kids ever? And then what? Then die. Isn’t that a very shallow goal to accomplish in life. The purpose of our lives should be far more than mere material gain. We need to think better and be better.

Oh African Youth, Think. Can you even remember the richest man 10 years ago? It does not matter but we still remember the great men who fought for our rights and freedom. The freedom and right we so enjoy today. Did you ever think that all these freedom we enjoy came free? They came from the hard work and dedication of some people. People whose goal was not to amass wealth but to make the world better than it was.

Oh African Youth, Think. The time is now. The time to change what drives and motivates us. It's time to realize that there is more to life than mere living. We can make the African continent great again. How would we like to be remembered? A youth who did all he could to make the African Continent great again or one who simply benefited himself and his/her family. The choice is ours. We need to rethink our fundamental beliefs. Are they still in line with those of our forefathers? Can we truly say we have done the best we could?

Oh African Youth, Think. Start today. Ensure your activities this day are for the betterment of mankind. If your activity would not be for the betterment of mankind, at least, let it not be for the destruction of mankind. The land of our dreams is not far away. We simply need to be committed to achieving it. The time to start is now. Do all the best you can with the little time that you have. I say again the time is now.
God Bless Africa
Re: Oh African Youth, Think by azibit: 9:41am On Jul 04, 2017
Why The African Woman Must Rise
A woman is the one of the greatest part of creation. When God created Adam, He knew that Adam would never be happy if he did not have a partner. A person to help and support him so that they can all become better. People usually feel downgraded when they are said to be supporters and not the main actors in an activity and as such a lot of people long to be at the center of the action.

As humans, we want to be at the center of attraction at all points but we must realize that to grow a tree that would provide shade might happen far when we the planter is dead and forgotten but the great work he/she did is never forgotten. As such, I speak to the African woman in such light.

O Dear African Woman, the source of joy and happiness to every home. Every home you set foot into becomes the best. Far more than any man could have made it. People think by relegating women to the home, we degrade them and make them inferior. Well, I beg to differ. I simply believe that women have naturally being made to be love givers and never looking for gratitude and expectation. Men on the other hand are simply made to fend for the family. Well, where did I hear that from? The answer is clear and obvious. Unless you want to fight the cause of history, which I am sure you are not ready to battle.

Women are great generation builders. They build far into the future while men are simply concerned with the day to day activities. We all cannot be good in the same thing. So naturally some people are more into caring than others. I believe if we all do our jobs perfectly well, we would all smile at the end. 
The dignity and beauty of the African woman is in creating and building future leaders. They do not deal with minute affairs of everyday. They see long-term far more than any man can. They simply want to make others better even at their expense. But at what point did the African woman loose all these? 

Our African women nowadays would prefer to conform to the ways of the outside world. No one has ever become successful by conforming. Only in our differences are we special. Our conformity would never bring us greatness but downfall. I hear some people say the African Woman must be independent. Independent of what. A man. When a woman becomes independent of a man, does that make her any more woman than a woman who seeks to make her children better than they were yesterday. 
The focus as I have said from the beginning is that the African woman continues to make the future generation better. Does that mean she has to be at home to achieve that? Does that mean she has to be naked in the street in the name of freedom to achieve that? No she has to understand that her purpose here on earth is far more than she thinks. She has more lives to care for and help. She has more purpose and value than simply conforming. Life is far more satisfying when we do not conform. 

The great women in the past never became great simply by competing to take the space of men. They did what they knew best to do and success came for them. So whatever position you are at today, never conform as an African woman. Greatness lies ahead for those who choose a path to greatness. Conforming and becoming sex objects is not one of such ways.
Take the time to realize that Africa can only be great when its women look into their affairs and help improve the life and standard of the building block. Our kids, our future. 

But are the women the only ones to care? Well, the answer is NO. But who is best at caring? The answer is obvious. Why then do we want to leave the task to a quack or an incapacitated person. Let’s all look inside and realize our purpose and go for it. 
Antagonizing men is not the way. We can be better. Thanks

(1) (Reply)

INEC Begins Dino’s Recall Process July 10 / EFCC Wants Special Prison Built In Sambisa Forest / Reno Omokri And The Celebration Of Ignorance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.