Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,929 members, 7,946,018 topics. Date: Wednesday, 11 September 2024 at 11:17 AM

Restructure Nigeria Now – Shehu Sani - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Restructure Nigeria Now – Shehu Sani (957 Views)

"Restructure Nigeria or We Leave" Punch Advert by Yoruba Elders / Why Buhari Must Resign Now – Shehu Sani / Why Buhari Must Resign Now – Shehu Sani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Restructure Nigeria Now – Shehu Sani by Nne5: 8:37pm On Jul 02, 2017
By Amos Tauna on July 2, 2017

The Senator representing Kaduna Central, Comrade Shehu Sani, has thrown his weight behind those calling for the restructuring of the country.

He said that the present situation called for every Nigerian to take the opportunity offered to restructure and redesign Nigeria.

“We should come out with a new master plan that will address the social, economic and political crises that gave birth to some of these agitations.

“We should also use the opportunity to reach out, to strengthen our unity and form a coalition against separatists, who come from the southeast and ultra-nationalist and anarchist who come from northern part of Nigeria.

“This is the time for each and every Nigerian to take position. Nigeria will not and should not be Soviet Union; Nigeria will not be and must not be Yugoslavia, Nigerian should and must not be Sudan.

“There are issues we need to address. This is an opportunity for us to restructure and redesign our country,” Senator Shehu Sani.

Sani, who spoke to newsmen in Kaduna, added, “The moral calling of all men of conscience is to champion the cause of unity and peace. And for people like me, this is my area of calling. Biafran agitators are persons who have forgotten the lessons of history, the country is bigger than individuals, we are one and we should remain one.

“The Igbo Ethnic Groups have since been able to build themselves economically, and present themselves as Nigerians. Igbos can clearly be found in all the nooks and crannies of this country, and I believe we should be able to separate the few, who want seccession from millions, who live among us as Nigerians.

“Any Southerner in the North is in the north because he believes in one Nigeria, if he dose not believe in one Nigeria, he could have gone back to Southeast. We should look at it this way, it is great that we are called giant of Africa because of our size, our population and because of the promise we hold for West Africa and the black race. Seccession is not an option, those who want to divide this country should be condemned in totality and I can understand the anger by some of our people in Northern part of Nigeria, but we should not play to the gallery.

“The secessionist should not determine our collective decision or distract what our response should be. If they are for seccession, we are for unity. We must protect Igbos that are living in the Northern part of Nigeria because they are here to live with us; they are here because they believe in one Nigeria.But Nnamdi Kanu and his Biafran forces are doomed to fail because Nigeria will remain one.

“This is a time to challenge them, combat and nip them in the bud. It is the time in history of this country that we must speak out. I will also say a Nation united by force is vulnerable, a Nation united by justice is inseparable, that must be our goal.”

Speaking on the need for unity in Kaduna State, Senator Shehu Sani explained, “I am opposed to the dropping of these 4,766 district heads,for the very fact that they are a very strong instruments of peace and unity. I call on the governor to reverse his decision. There is enough money to pay them.

“In a situation whereby we have a government in Kaduna State that is issuing out contracts to advisers, members of the State House of Assembly and the people in the position of authority, which is contrary to ethics of civil service, in that sense, you know that it is very disgusting to accuse the PDP, the Ramalan Yero, Makarfi, Late Yakowa’s government of corruption in Kaduna State.

“In Kaduna State, you have public office holders who submit companies to be awarded contracts.We should understand that it is not just about N3 billion Contract scam, but there are ethics issues concerned, a civil servant is not allowed to be a contractor.

“It is an act of nepotism to send your son, your wife, to do contract directly under your office, it is against the code of conduct, code of the Federal Republic of Nigeria for an elected public civil servant, office holder to engage in contract, that is very wrong.

“The only persons who are immune to face investigation is the governor and deputy governor of all this persons involved. The governor of the state should follow it up and set up investigation panel to fish out the bad eggs within his government and deal with them.

“If Buhari can drop Babachir as a Secretary to the government of the federation for giving his own company contracts, governor Nasir El- Rufai should tow the line by sacking his aides that have exploited their positions in office, and have turned themselves into contractors.”

http://dailypost.ng/2017/07/02/restructure-nigeria-now-shehu-sani/

Re: Restructure Nigeria Now – Shehu Sani by osram(m): 9:02pm On Jul 02, 2017
FTC... I dedicate my first ever first to comment to God Almighty for making me part of d living also I wanna dedicate my FTC to my haters..Afonjas..arewa youths,,ipobians ND finally not forgetting NAFEESA d BH n Fulani herdsmen sympathizer... #may u all live long to see more of my FTC.
Re: Restructure Nigeria Now – Shehu Sani by leofab(f): 9:13pm On Jul 02, 2017
Take me to front lzamd
Re: Restructure Nigeria Now – Shehu Sani by Nne5: 9:15pm On Jul 02, 2017
Cc: Lalasticlala
Re: Restructure Nigeria Now – Shehu Sani by Paperwhite(m): 9:18pm On Jul 02, 2017
[/b]"Emancipation from mental slavery .............. Don't we ever sing,The song of freedom,All I ever heard,Redemption song,Another song of freedom,Redemption song"[b] Respect to my only rastaman-Nestor Bob-Marley.You man be a great prophet of the Almighty "I".Jah,Jah fire burn all them Babylon them ina the nation.Oops! grin grin grin. Suddenly "Restructuring" song have now filled the mouth of the parasitic leeches that felt Nigeria is their birth right.Thank God for IPOB.Otherwise gullible Nigerians may could have continually been on a gwoonpy, gwoonpy ride with these fellas.We're getting there.Our sophisticated SW people-what say ya to your slave masters new song?

2 Likes

Re: Restructure Nigeria Now – Shehu Sani by belente(m): 9:27pm On Jul 02, 2017
can we do referendum Mr Senator

1 Like

Re: Restructure Nigeria Now – Shehu Sani by cjrane: 9:54pm On Jul 02, 2017
This Senator Sani is one northerner that loves Nigeria.

Many northern politicians are just after nesting their tribal affiliations, but i have been following this Senator Sani and he genuinely loves Nigeria.
Re: Restructure Nigeria Now – Shehu Sani by hucienda: 9:57pm On Jul 02, 2017
It appears by the time they really want to take this restructure serious, it would be too late.

In this part of the world, we are more reactive than proactive.

1 Like

Re: Restructure Nigeria Now – Shehu Sani by ESDKING: 10:04pm On Jul 02, 2017
Nobody said anything about restructuring until Ipob started their agitation .

Sorry, it's too late,
To hell with restructuring
To hell with unity.
Referendum is the only answer.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Restructure Nigeria Now – Shehu Sani by ZZ22: 10:07pm On Jul 02, 2017
Referendum or nothing.. its too late for restructuring.

1 Like

Re: Restructure Nigeria Now – Shehu Sani by clarocuzioo(m): 10:47pm On Jul 02, 2017
Why did they not call for restructuring when Buhari made his 97% and 5% statement, why did they not call for restructuring when buhari made his loopsided political appointments, why have they not called out the Dss over it's recent loopsided recruitment, Nnamdi Lani has really made everybody to sit up, I pray it will not be too late when they actually want to restructure

1 Like

Re: Restructure Nigeria Now – Shehu Sani by mars123(m): 11:00pm On Jul 02, 2017
Truly the time is now because the cry is loud and has been aided by succession calls by Biafrans.

But if government should just fold their hands, they should expect it will eventually lead to crisis and breakup because Abuja has proven itself incapable of carrying the heavy load on its head so it is wise to devolve some power to the states. Let dialogue, engagement, merit and competition be the order of the day.

Those of you saying it is late, it's never too late to do the right thing.
Re: Restructure Nigeria Now – Shehu Sani by hornyofife: 11:12pm On Jul 02, 2017
Its already late. Anything outside Aburi is not accepted at this stage.

All those jargon state creation is a ploy to divide the people more and plunder the resource of the south. I just pray afenifere/yorubas will get it right this time because If they fail this time because Nigeria is hanging on their neck. The day they wakeup is going to be the end of the enslavement.

if the southwest can have a group and movement going on in the west, the pressure will be on the north, it will be they either give us restructuring back to Aburi or !963 constitution or no more election in the whole of southern Nigeria.World will intervene especially when we are peaceful. We are grown pass fighting wars. Our agitation would be a template for peaceful agitation around Africa instead of wars.

If Nigeria is not restructured to 1963 constitution before osinbajos tenure expires, the south west must not vote in 2019 and must demand for referendum. Their youths and elders have already told us their intention and will not give power to the southwest. the southwest by this time should not even be thinking about power, they should be thinking of a stable country developed country their unborn children will be proud of which also carries their identity as a unique people, culture, tradition and religion through which they can project their influence, power and aspiration as a people.

The power drunk hyenas have no other way of survival except power and exploitation which they have used to drag everybody.They are not thinking of development rather they are thinking of destruction. Bokoharam, fulani herdsmen, Unprovoked killings of Christians in the north..... All these things don't happen in the south because we think of development or rather how to build and improve.

The southwest will be the biggest beneficiary of a divided Nigeria. if they know what they are doing. If the southern tribes are in different countries and are in peace, i can tell you the countries that will spring up will be like the Asian tigers where competition and innovation will the culture.

we don't have to be in a big country before we can make our impact on the world. Israel is doing it, Korean is doing it, Malaysia and Singapore are both doing it,Qatar is doing it. All i want is a peaceful country of civilized people who appreciate the dignity of labor and the beauty of life.

The future is here, if we do not take our future away from these hyenas(not only the north, but our so called elites and political class) who have been toying with the future of over 100million youths, our children will suffer what we are suffering....

Revolution is not tea party, It comes with a price. Biafrans have started and are willing to pay the price for their freedom, what of others? It is not enough to be issuing out press statements on restructuring without action. The south west needs a trusted youth leader who they can rally around and can galvanized them.

The only reason why ipob is going strong is because it is driven by the youths who have lost hope in the Nigerian system and the thieving politicians and elites

The southwest must take a stand now. They have to start thinking of jettisoning that restructuring idea because a country with the fulanis can never be stable. many things are still astake.These things that will still caused problems in a restructured Nigeria. Will the restructuring stop grazing bill and Fulani herdsmen? will restructuring balance the military and other security forces (which the North is using to bully everybody) back to where everybody has fair and balanced representation ? will restructuring stop quota system? will restructuring stop the gradual and subtle imposition of islam on Nigeria through education? Will restructuring give us back our security,because the last thing we want is that our security to be in the hands of the hyenas,who use state security and apparatus to fight ethnic wars to impose their will on us, as in the case of grazing bill, protection of herdsmen and the free hand given to them to kill and destroy people that are not hausa fulani or muslim and compulsory islamic teaching in schools. we are not safe. Will restructuring allow us take full control of my resources up to 60% and we can pay tax to the center? Those thinking about state creation should stop it. Only Anioma deserves a state and should be added to the south east. ..If restructuring is not toeing this pattern, then referendum is the only way out. I am saying all these because the minds and toughts of the hyenas are very easy to predict...They will never agree to these conditions. They want every thing absolutely on their own terms like as if they own these country and we are slaves to them.They want to keep dictating to the south and exploiting us.They have cowed southern leaders and they cant talk.
The northern youths have threatened the south, asides not arresting them, they are trying to robe the blame on IPOB and have also blackmail the eastern leaders/elites to reject ipob and agree to enslaving us in the south, yet the northern leaders are protecting their and even telling us they they youth were a balancing force. In that case it is obvious that we are not one. Even the north know this more than anybody. The southwest must raise a counter force in the youth and must support theirs.

The injustice must stop. That is why instead of wasting to much time and effort on restructuring and the north is still insulting us, Its better we start with referendum

The time is now to decide, the revolution has started, the elites are frightened, they know the people are wisher now...So long as you are from the south, this struggle affects you and i and the decision we make now is not for us, but for our future generation...why people are yet to see IPOB's agitation as a revolution is because they think all revolution must start in Lagos.

I can remember during occupy Nigeria, Nigerians where hoping the revolution that would bring the necessary change would kick off, but it failed. Tuface tried his own too, it failed. Now Nnamdi kanu is in the picture, even if you dont like him and what he represents, please look at the positive side of his agitation that will benefit you and i and find ways on how to work together and liberate ourselves. After liberation, you can choose dump him if you wish, heaven will not fall.

I know we can work together and liberate ourselves together if we want to and also do it at minimal causalities.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Restructure Nigeria Now – Shehu Sani by hornyofife: 11:26pm On Jul 02, 2017
Restructure is also an agitation.

If you say referendum is not in our constitution, then show us where restructure is in the constitution. Until we stopped being hypocritical about our national issues we will continue to run round the circle.

When we negotiated and gave amnesty to Niger Delta and Boko haram, which section of the constitution did we rely on to give terrorist group amnesty? Which section of our constitution supports amnesty to a terrorist group? The most funny part is when that talks was on going, nobody raised a constitution question, everybody kept quiet because it was initiated by people perceived to own the country.

If those agitating for restructure feel it is within their right, why then are they telling those asking for referendum that it is not in our constitution when their restructure is also not anywhere in our constitution?

What is best is to look at the issues holistically and see how we can meet halfway by given restructure to the regions that want restructure and give referendum to those that want referendum. If the referendum agitators are defeated in the poll, that problem of agitation for referendum must have been solved.

Restructuring Nigeria without addressing the issue of referendum will take us to square one. Giving more rooms to him who want to own a whole house will not stop him from planning to leave the house when believe he has the capacity build a better one.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Restructure Nigeria Now – Shehu Sani by orisa37: 3:01am On Jul 03, 2017
Tell your mates at NASS and cooperate.
Re: Restructure Nigeria Now – Shehu Sani by EzeUche(m): 3:09am On Jul 03, 2017
Restructure, restructure, restructure is all I am hearing now.

This is all due to Nnamdi Kanu and IPOB.

3 Likes

Re: Restructure Nigeria Now – Shehu Sani by Nobody: 7:33am On Jul 03, 2017
I'm going home.. freedom is assured.

north south east..are now humming to the song.

weak coward afonja.. dey dia lane with dia bad mind and bad mouth.. they beef kanu. while being loyal to their masters..

slaves sleeping on byke..crash is inevitable.

1 Like

Re: Restructure Nigeria Now – Shehu Sani by nototribalist: 8:07am On Jul 03, 2017
Thank God this man is not an Afonja, it would have been very bad.
Re: Restructure Nigeria Now – Shehu Sani by Ogbuefi2020: 8:24am On Jul 03, 2017
suddenly everybody is shouting restructure, all because of Biafra. Its too late

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Truly, There Is No Single Federal Presence In South-east – Okorocha / Osun Bye-election: Pdp’s Adeleke Ahead In Protest Vote / What Do You Have To Say About This Waec Result?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.