Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,079 members, 7,880,374 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 05:00 PM

The Metamorphosis Of Ladies Handbag - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / The Metamorphosis Of Ladies Handbag (1358 Views)

Must A Woman Carry A Handbag Wherever She Goes? / La.v Designer Ladies Handbag / Latest Styles Of Ladies (native)clothes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Metamorphosis Of Ladies Handbag by lawisong(m): 11:51am On Jan 30, 2010
Have y'all noticed d size of ladies handbags recently? It really gives me the creeps, i must confess. It all started wit d wallet, from the wallets they upgraded to d purse, then to the mini handbags. But today can you guess what our ladies parade d streets with? TRAVELLING BAGS! Their handbags these days are so big that i was shocked when one of them told me she wasnt travelling but going to the church. Makes me wonder whats inside those bags. I wont be suprised if they are stopped at police check points for verification of the contents of those godzilla bags. I'd love to have a peep someday, God help me i'm not caught in the act because naija babes protect the content of their bags like their yahoo passwords. Ladies, I dey trip for una fashion o. The bigger the better.
Re: The Metamorphosis Of Ladies Handbag by Lorenz1(m): 12:55pm On Jan 30, 2010
Guy God go bless u with this awesome topic. Ladies why do you guys choose 2 over work yourselfs in the mame of fashion. Brodas, one of you should one day try and take a look in2 such a bag, i promise you that what u'l find will be just a purse nd an eye pencil in the purse 2geda with their change. If you find out is not true then 2 God be the glory.
Re: The Metamorphosis Of Ladies Handbag by Qiana(f): 9:57pm On Jan 30, 2010
@poster big handbags are unique
Re: The Metamorphosis Of Ladies Handbag by spikedcylinder: 11:22pm On Jan 30, 2010
You people and your nit picking.
Re: The Metamorphosis Of Ladies Handbag by madlady(f): 11:55pm On Jan 30, 2010
lawisong:

Have y'all noticed d size of ladies handbags recently? It really gives me the creeps, i must confess. It all started wit d wallet, from the wallets they upgraded to d purse, then to the mini handbags. But today can you guess what our ladies parade d streets with? TRAVELLING BAGS! Their handbags these days are so big that i was shocked when one of them told me she wasnt travelling but going to the church. Makes me wonder whats inside those bags. I wont be suprised if they are stopped at police check points for verification of the contents of those godzilla bags. I'd love to have a peep someday, God help me i'm not caught in the act because naija babes protect the content of their bags like their yahoo passwords. Ladies, I dey trip for una fashion o. The bigger the better.

The part about the TRAVELLING BAGS made me laugh grin, see this, my mum, cousin and myself use it at weekends grin grin grin.

A girl/women's work  is never done cry, we need such bags to carry the laptops,food stuff and everthing else we need to hump around,remember we got to bring home the bacon as well as the man so we cannot always use the dainty little powder puff bags we used to carry.
Sadly the days of bags just being for ornament are long gone. cry

I still do carry small bags, but that's for when I am going out.
Re: The Metamorphosis Of Ladies Handbag by shilling(f): 4:00am On Jan 31, 2010
This is funnyish.

I'm guessing women have become more vain over the years, and need to carry more "stuff" along with them.

I also a huge fan of oversize bags, I occasionally use a small one on Sundays to church, but it's really not convenient.

Why use a tiny bag, when you could have a large one and take with you all you'll need for the day and more?
Re: The Metamorphosis Of Ladies Handbag by Nobody: 3:40pm On Jan 31, 2010
I love oversized bags. It has everything from my toothbrush, overnight clothes to pots and food stuff. Plus its really slimming wink
Re: The Metamorphosis Of Ladies Handbag by Lorenz1(m): 4:03pm On Jan 31, 2010
Ebonyeyes:

I love oversized bags. It has everything from my toothbrush, overnight clothes to pots and food stuff. Plus its really slimming wink
why not just tell the house that you always go camping every day.
Re: The Metamorphosis Of Ladies Handbag by Qiana(f): 4:09pm On Jan 31, 2010
Ebonyeyes:

grin grin
Re: The Metamorphosis Of Ladies Handbag by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jan 31, 2010
Lo-renz:

why not just tell the house that you always go camping every day.
Well I never know where I would end up, its good to have the essentials on hand wink wink grin grin
Re: The Metamorphosis Of Ladies Handbag by lawisong(m): 7:41pm On Jan 31, 2010
@Madlady. Oh my God! That your bag in the picture did you get it from an african museum? Lol. Now that is what i'd love to refer to as a bullet-proof Afghanistan military knapsack. God help the man wey you go carry that kind bag visit. I no go suprise if the guy's fridge miss.

Ebonyeyes:

, It has everything from my toothbrush, OVERNIGHT clothes,

Chei! Even overnight clothes. Lol. Hey i go die o! Una shoulder no dey pain una? Infact i think this is the right period for shoulder pad clothes. It will really help to cushion the effect of shoulder sprain. Hehehe.
Re: The Metamorphosis Of Ladies Handbag by madlady(f): 7:48pm On Jan 31, 2010
lawisong:

@Madlady. Oh my God! That your bag in the picture did you get it from an african museum? Lol. Now that is what i'd love to refer to as a bullet-proof Afghanistan military knapsack. God help the man wey you go carry that kind bag visit. I no go suprise if the guy's fridge miss.

Chei! Even overnight clothes. Lol. Hey i go die o! Una shoulder no dey pain una? Infact i think this is the right period for shoulder pad clothes. It will really help to cushion the effect of shoulder sprain. Hehehe.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin get lost it's a elephant hide hold-hall. We put the food shopping in it. grin grin grin grin
Re: The Metamorphosis Of Ladies Handbag by Lorenz1(m): 8:02pm On Jan 31, 2010
madlady:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin get lost it's a elephant hide hold-hall. We put the food shopping in it. grin grin grin grin

Is it true that you guys can even carry such big things and even large food stuffs? shocked
Re: The Metamorphosis Of Ladies Handbag by madlady(f): 8:07pm On Jan 31, 2010
Lo-renz:

Is it true that you guys can even carry such big things and even large food stuffs? shocked

In all honesty, on my way home from work I have to stop in the supermarket, do the shopping for my mum, my neighbour, I always have books, bill payment bags and all the things we need to complete the daily chores

Those kind of bags are not for fooling around with.
Re: The Metamorphosis Of Ladies Handbag by Lorenz1(m): 8:16pm On Jan 31, 2010
[/quote][quote author=madlady link=topic=389979.msg5422194#msg5422194 date=1264964857]
In all honesty, on my way home from work I have to stop in the supermarket, do the shopping for my mum, my neighour, I always have books, bill payment bags and all the things we need to complete the daily chores

Those kind of bags are not for fooling around with.

No wonder some babes never walks straight, so this loads are the cause. kiss
Re: The Metamorphosis Of Ladies Handbag by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jan 31, 2010
Its a good workout too, it provides resistance while you walk so you burn more calories. It may also work the ab muscles because your ab muscles tries to stabilise your body as gravity pulls the bag down on one shoulder. What more can a girl ask for eh? grin
Re: The Metamorphosis Of Ladies Handbag by Nobody: 9:42pm On Jan 31, 2010
lawisong:

One gets used to it grin
Re: The Metamorphosis Of Ladies Handbag by oge4real(f): 12:43am On Feb 01, 2010
Ebonyeyes:

LWKMD grin grin grin
Re: The Metamorphosis Of Ladies Handbag by madlady(f): 2:43pm On Feb 01, 2010
Lo-renz:

No wonder some babes never walks straight, so this loads are the cause. kiss

Well I could carry something like this, but I would have to have a bf at my beck and call to carry all the things I would need to make his and my life doable. kiss kiss

I think a big bag is better than some one running around after me, or I could carry a "Ghana most go" in my purse tongue

(1) (Reply)

What Dress Shall My Sister Wear When Join Her Graduation Party? / Pls Help, Where Can I Learn Fashion And Designing In Awka / Best Lipstick Colours For Different Skin Tones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.