Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,890 members, 7,886,384 topics. Date: Thursday, 11 July 2024 at 09:33 AM

Please I Need An Advice On The Type Of Engine Oil, I Can Use For My Toyota Camry - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Please I Need An Advice On The Type Of Engine Oil, I Can Use For My Toyota Camry (969 Views)

My Toyota Corolla For Uber Was Vandalized Yesterday / Mobil Or Total, Which Produce Good Oil.. I Use 20-50 Though. / Getting Rid Of Engine Oil Shortages (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please I Need An Advice On The Type Of Engine Oil, I Can Use For My Toyota Camry by Jbmega12: 4:34pm On Jul 04, 2017
I have been observing that the Total quartz5000 20W50 I use for my Toyota Camry 2003 always short after sometime (within a month and two, it has reduced).
NOTE: 1. my oil is not leaking anywhere
2. The engine has not wear out
Please, I need a professional advice on what oil I can be using or change to.
My trip A is 5728.5
Trip B is 7389.4
Odometer is 195860
And the specification on my engine oil cover in my engine is SAE 5W-30
Re: Please I Need An Advice On The Type Of Engine Oil, I Can Use For My Toyota Camry by cruzydal(m): 4:51pm On Jul 04, 2017
Use mobil it's the best.. but you can also try visco 2000

1 Like

Re: Please I Need An Advice On The Type Of Engine Oil, I Can Use For My Toyota Camry by Jbmega12: 4:55pm On Jul 04, 2017
Thanks,
But which of the Mobil oil
Re: Please I Need An Advice On The Type Of Engine Oil, I Can Use For My Toyota Camry by hodusglobal(m): 5:02pm On Jul 04, 2017
Visco 2000 will be okay for the car.
Re: Please I Need An Advice On The Type Of Engine Oil, I Can Use For My Toyota Camry by Jbmega12: 6:19pm On Jul 04, 2017
Thanks hodusglobal.
I will give the visco 2000 a try
Re: Please I Need An Advice On The Type Of Engine Oil, I Can Use For My Toyota Camry by gabbyfarms(m): 8:37pm On Jul 04, 2017
Buy total engin oil buy it from dia feeling station de vescosity is high u will luv it
Re: Please I Need An Advice On The Type Of Engine Oil, I Can Use For My Toyota Camry by timifakay(m): 3:44am On Jul 05, 2017
Jbmega12:
I have been observing that the Total quartz5000 20W50 I use for my Toyota Camry 2003 always short after sometime (within a month and two, it has reduced).
My trip A is 5728.5
Trip B is 7389.4
Odometer is 195860
After next service, please reset Trip A or B or write down total odometer reading and note the distance it takes to notice significant drop in oil level.
I hate to be a carrier of a bad news, but your engine is already wearing out and the oil is leaking into the combustion chamber and being burnt sir/ma.
Just continue with what you are using for now as oil of lesser viscosity will even reduce faster.

2 Likes

Re: Please I Need An Advice On The Type Of Engine Oil, I Can Use For My Toyota Camry by nurey(m): 9:58am On Jul 05, 2017
Jbmega12:
My trip A is 5728.5
Trip B is 7389.4
Odometer is 195860

you have already used the wrong oil, just continue to use the wrong one till the engine kaput or

Meet the professionals here and do engine test, checking the valve, seals and engine compression. After the test they will profer 2 solutions

1. Change the damaged engine component, less expensive but repair % is very low/risky
2. Buy a complete tokunbo engine and start using the recommended engine oil. very expensive repair but worth it
Re: Please I Need An Advice On The Type Of Engine Oil, I Can Use For My Toyota Camry by stephcruse(m): 10:27am On Jul 05, 2017
Try this rev your car on stand still to 3000 rpm steadily and let someone check for you if their is smoke coming out, and you can also drive and let another person follow you With another vehicle try this and give me a feed back on 08038042709

(1) (Reply)

Honda Confirms It’s Dropping The Accord Coupe / What A Man Can Do.. A Woman Can Do Too.. / NEVS Unveils Redesigned SAAB 9-3 As A 186-mile,87mph Top Speed All-Electric Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.