Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,728 members, 7,875,827 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 10:28 PM

Toyota Corolla Issue - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Toyota Corolla Issue (1008 Views)

How Do I Solve This 2009 Corolla Issue? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Toyota Corolla Issue by richyblink1(m): 7:35am On Jul 05, 2017
Good morning house, my 06 corolla suddenly refused to halt when you move the gear selector to park. I equally noticed the gear selector is free and moves from one end to the other freely.

My mechanic is not in town and the mechanic around said it's the gear selecor cable that is affected.

Kindly advice as I am scared of giving my car to any Kazeem
Re: Toyota Corolla Issue by mayor2013: 11:03am On Jul 05, 2017
richyblink1:
Good morning house, my 06 corolla suddenly refused to halt when you move the gear selector to park. I equally noticed the gear selector is free and moves from one end to the other freely.

My mechanic is not in town and the mechanic around said it's the gear selecor cable that is affected.

Kindly advice as I am scared of giving my car to any Kazeem

Gear selector cable. Could be loosed
Re: Toyota Corolla Issue by richyblink1(m): 11:15am On Jul 05, 2017
mayor2013:

Gear selector cable. Could be loosed

Thanks. Can it be fixed or I need to change it
Re: Toyota Corolla Issue by cyborg123(m): 11:58am On Jul 05, 2017
Does the car start? Especially at the 'park' position where it does not shift lock.
Re: Toyota Corolla Issue by mayor2013: 12:41pm On Jul 05, 2017
richyblink1:

Thanks. Can it be fixed or I need to change it

Let an inspection be carried out first
Re: Toyota Corolla Issue by richyblink1(m): 2:07pm On Jul 05, 2017
cyborg123:
Does the car start? Especially at the 'park' position where it does not shift lock.

Not at all.
Re: Toyota Corolla Issue by cyborg123(m): 3:24pm On Jul 05, 2017
richyblink1:

Not at all.
Check shifter cable / bushing. Adjust cable / replace if adjuster is at the maximum limit. Replace bushing if worn (less likely).

(1) (Reply)

Samsung Safety Trucks Will Reduce Accidents From Overtaking / Tsl About To Open Nigeria’s Best All-in-one Automobile Sales And Repairs Shop In / Please Help Me To Understand My Car Fuel Consumption

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.