Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,849 members, 7,848,453 topics. Date: Sunday, 02 June 2024 at 11:56 PM

Why I Stuck With Yakubu - Amodu - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Why I Stuck With Yakubu - Amodu (576 Views)

Why I Removed Enyeama As Eagles Captain — Oliseh / Yakubu Aiyegbeni With His Wife & Daughters (Holiday Pictures) / Amodu Ruined My Dream - Kanu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Stuck With Yakubu - Amodu by woye77: 12:43am On Jan 31, 2010
Shaibu Amodu has stated why he uses Yakubu Aiyegbeni in the Super Eagles’ campaign at the Nations Cup in Angola despite the eyebrow Nigerians have raised against the inclusion of the Everton striker in the fiesta.

Amodu said that Aiyegbeni is a goalscorer despite the fact that he has not scored at the current Nations Cup except for the penalty he converted in Nigeria’s match against Benin Republic.

"So many people have questioned the inclusion of Aiyegbeni in the team that played against Mozambique and Zambia, some said he contributed very little in those games, but I didn’t see anything wrong in his inclusion in the team. Let’s not forget that Aiyegbeni is just coming out of the major injury he had last year," Amodu argued.

He pleaded with Nigerians to forgive the player for whatever wrong he might have done in the competition and promised that Yak would soon regain his form and Nigerians would still enjoy his services to the country in the future. "Yakubu is a goalscorer, but he is just coming out of a major injury setback that wrecked his game last season.

"People accused me of taken Aiyegbeni as my player, which is why I always include him in my squad. But there is nothing wrong in a coach having a favourite player. I think Aiyegbeni deserves to be forgiven for what he is going through now. "I believe that when he fully regains his fitness, he will come back to his very best and Nigerians will see the real player he is," Amodu said.
Re: Why I Stuck With Yakubu - Amodu by marutimon: 9:31am On Feb 01, 2010
I must say I agree with Amodu. Yakubu may be out of form, but its not his fault.
Re: Why I Stuck With Yakubu - Amodu by evangy69(m): 6:14pm On Feb 01, 2010
Look at deficient reasoning at it's best. The same line of reasoning dat necessitated our being ruled by an invalid president on a recliner from saudi arabic. It is ok to stick with mediocres at every level of our polity,afterall it is Nigeria.
Re: Why I Stuck With Yakubu - Amodu by ayettymama(f): 7:03pm On Feb 01, 2010
^^ lol

(1) (Reply)

Football Addiction! / Nigeria Claim Hiddink Interest / Chelsea Stars Didier Drogba And Michael Essien Make Shortlist For 2009 African

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.