Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,930 members, 7,980,332 topics. Date: Sunday, 20 October 2024 at 11:46 AM

Nigeria will be the poorest and most disastrous nation on earth. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria will be the poorest and most disastrous nation on earth. (359 Views)

Coronavirus: FG Starts Immediate Cash Transfer To Poorest Households - Farouk / Theresa May: Nigeria Is The Home For The Poorest People In The World / It Will Be Disastrous, If PDP Fails To Give Me The Ticket~ Alhaji Atiku Abubakar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria will be the poorest and most disastrous nation on earth. by Nobody: 12:52am On Jul 06, 2017
In 1970, the world population was 3.7billion and Nigeria was 56million. Today(47 years later), the world population is 7billion and Nigeria's is 180million and according to the latest revisions in the study titled ‘World Urbanisation Prospects, released by the UN, Nigeria's population is likely to exceed 350 million in the next 40years.

NIGERIA is likely to become a disaster in the next 40yrs. I am saying this because I think that the way Nigeria is today in terms of development is the way it will be in the next 40yrs. Our level of economic and technological development will be far beneath our projected population.

Nigeria today is facing economic, ethnicity, religious and technological challenges and no positive outcome is coming out of all the measures that have been put in place to tackle these challenges. We might be experiencing these challenges in the next 40yrs when our population will be very high, and it will lead to increased crime rate, poverty, unemployment, diseases, illiteracy, e.t.c.

With only 180M today, there are more jobless or under employed people than people under employment, we are neglecting the agricultural sector, the power sector is getting worse and infrastructures are decaying.

Corruption and nepotism are in our blood. People no longer get rewarded based on merit but based on connections- This is the reason we have half baked graduates, and it is the same reason our entertainment and educational sectors are backward. One thing we need to change to have a little progress is our mentality and that will be difficult to change.

With 180million, we are facing all the above challenges and it is obvious they will continue in the next 40 years when our population will be over 350million. What will happen by then?

I perceive disaster ahead.
Re: Nigeria will be the poorest and most disastrous nation on earth. by Nobody: 1:32am On Jul 06, 2017
With all that is happening right now I think disaster is here already. If we the youths can't set things right by revolting against these so called elder statesman , Nigeria might not survive the next 40 years.

What are we teaching the young kids growing up right behind us? It's what we teach them today that would shape thier future. They are not blind nor deaf, as they can feel what's going on now.

(1) (Reply)

Abacha Poisoned Yar'adua,mko Abiola-obasanjo / Makarfi-led PDP Announces Date For National Executive Committee Meeting / New Oyostate #koseleri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.