Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,981 members, 7,973,386 topics. Date: Saturday, 12 October 2024 at 03:33 PM

Difference Between Suit, Tuxedo And Blazer (photos) - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Difference Between Suit, Tuxedo And Blazer (photos) (2088 Views)

Man's Oversized Wedding Suit Got Nigerians Talking On Facebook (photos) / Men Suit/ Blazer Cutting And Sewing / ANKARA OVERDOSE: Best #ankara Blazer Styles And Designs For You!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Difference Between Suit, Tuxedo And Blazer (photos) by Nobody: 1:36am On Jul 06, 2017
Have you ever thought of the difference between a suit, tuxedo and blazer?
Read further for the answer.

The difference between a tuxedo, suit and a blazer is mostly based on their style, cloth and their use for different occasions.
They are all formal wears for men. Though thy are considered similar, there are differences between them.

SUIT

A suit is a set of garments which are generally made from the same cloth, n consist of at least a jacket and trousers. It originate in Britain and generally worn around the world Nigeria inclusive.

· Suits are ideal for formal occasions like business meetings, corporate events e.t.c

· They are usually worn with a plain front shirt, long sleeved with full length buttoned.

· Suits do not use accessories.

· Suits are worn with ties.

TUXEDO

A tuxedo (Tux) is a dinner suit or a dinner jacket worn by men. It is ideal for semi formal occasions. It is typically black in colour and usually worn with accessories. Tuxedos have a touch of silk which makes them more eye catching. They are easy to differentiate from suits by the primary satin facings on the jackets lapels and the buttons, and the same pattern stripe on the outer seam of the trousers.

· Tuxedos are ideal for semi-formal occasions like events, proms, award ceremonies e.t,c

· The are worn with shirts pleated in the front.

· Tuxes are worn with accessories such as cuff-links e.t.c

· They are only worn with a bow.

BLAZER

A blazer is usually a casual jacket which I duable in natue. It is usually ued as synonym for a sport jacket though they can be disinguisgheed based on their fabrics and colour.
A blazer is a suit with metal buttons and patch pocke and is usually worn with open necked polo shirts or a shirt and a tie.

· Blazers are usually worn as casual outfits.

· They are most often worn with pen necked polo shirts.

· They are not worn with accessories.

· They are sometimes worn with ties.

What do you think?

Drop your comments below

https://gistnekos..com.ng/2017/07/difference-between-suit-tuxedo-and.html?m=1

Lalasticlala
Mynd44

Re: Difference Between Suit, Tuxedo And Blazer (photos) by Nobody: 2:00am On Jul 06, 2017
Good and insightful thread.
Re: Difference Between Suit, Tuxedo And Blazer (photos) by Nobody: 2:11am On Jul 06, 2017
grin
Re: Difference Between Suit, Tuxedo And Blazer (photos) by Nobody: 5:47am On Jul 06, 2017
Okay...
Re: Difference Between Suit, Tuxedo And Blazer (photos) by METLOAFF: 12:08pm On Apr 28, 2022
I've never fully understood the difference between a suit, tuxedo, and blazer. I was looking at those items the same way I interpreted the colors. While a lass sees three different red shades, I see it as a single one. Anyway, thanks a lot for explaining the differences so well. I think it's already time to learn something new, lol. Since now, my mother used to order me formal suits from Gentleman's Guru https://www.gentlemansguru.com/. I'm starting to feel embarrassed when I can't make a difference and can't pick up a suit by myself.

(1) (Reply)

Beautiful Bridesmaids Stun In Makeup Pictures / 2018 Gele Style Ideas To Unleash Your Inner Glam / 2022 Black Braided Hairstyles | 40 Best Black Braided Hairstyles That Turn Heads

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.