Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,819 members, 7,872,752 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 09:04 PM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (1172) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2164210 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1169) (1170) (1171) (1172) (1173) (1174) (1175) ... (1756) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Jollity: 7:16pm On May 06, 2022
Valto:
EPEVER, 48v 280ah Lifepo4 battery

Sorry for all the questions but I really want to get it right as I've had some issues in the past. These will be my last ones:

What brand are the batteries and how many are you using ?
Whats the worst case scenario you've had with it eg no electricity for 2-3 days and no generator, can the solar alone carry you through it?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 7:25pm On May 06, 2022
Jollity:

Sorry for all the questions but I really want to get it right as I've had some issues in the past. These will be my last ones:

What brand are the batteries and how many are you using ?

16pcs 3.2v eve 280ah Lifepo4 Lithium cells(48v 280ah)

Whats the worst case scenario you've had with it eg no electricity for 2-3 days and no generator,

i have solar panels, so i dont bother about nepa or generator. i dont even have a gen.
can the solar alone carry you through it?
yes. so far u have more than enough panels to cater for your loads.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Jollity: 8:04pm On May 06, 2022
Thank you. I'll look into it
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 8:37pm On May 06, 2022
tsiriman:

Hello house, I also need a Deye 5kW hybrid inverter, I contacted a company in Lekki and they have only the 8kW.
Thanks

Kindly share contact of the lekki company, interested in the 8kw
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by duwdu: 8:46pm On May 06, 2022
ebocoms:
Good day All,

Please can one parallel new and old LiFePo4 batteries banks? I'm considering buying same model/specification Felicity LiFepo4 bank to parallel with my old unit. Do I need to do some sort of balancing before installing the new module considering the fact the old bank is more than 1 year old in operation and firing.

Everyone input is highly appreciated.

Thank you.

If the two banks each has its own independent and quality BMS, then there should be no issues running them in parallel.

Of course, one should always ensure the two banks are in a reasonably close state of charge, just to begin with.

--------
P34c3
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 9:17pm On May 06, 2022
ebocoms:
Good day All,

Please can one parallel new and old LiFePo4 batteries banks? I'm considering buying same model/specification Felicity LiFepo4 bank to parallel with my old unit. Do I need to do some sort of balancing before installing the new module considering the fact the old bank is more than 1 year old in operation and firing.

Everyone input is highly appreciated.

Thank you.

My 280ah was over a year old before I put it in parallel with a new 230ah battery pack. Performance has remained the same since they were bought

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by tsiriman(m): 9:27pm On May 06, 2022
ojeysky:

Kindly share contact of the lekki company, interested in the 8kw

Check your WhatsApp
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 6:11am On May 07, 2022
Jollity:
Good day all.

Is there anyone on here that has been using a hybrid solar+ inverter setup for longer than 3 years? I'm looking to upgrade my system, however I do not want a situation where the battery or inverter fails in the space of a year or 2. Any suggestions?

check your earthing/lightning arrestor....hybrids are quite sensitive to surges, both from nepa side and solar panel side...ensure you install adequate protection.

DEYE brand is nice, but a bit pricey, followed by Growatt and then Sorotec Revo series....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ajabani4allah(m): 8:21am On May 07, 2022
gadgetplanetng:

Differs per band & disco

I am very much interested in knowing how much they charge per Kwh too. I am on EKO Electric Distribution
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ajabani4allah(m): 8:28am On May 07, 2022
I am planning to get solar panels and CC to charge my 12v 100Ah lifePo4 battery. Pls I need recommendation on the wattage, voltage and current rating of both the panel and the CC and how to connect them
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 9:09am On May 07, 2022
ajabani4allah:
I am planning to get solar panels and CC to charge my 12v 100Ah lifePo4 battery. Pls I need recommendation on the wattage, voltage and current rating of both the panel and the CC and how to connect them
2pcs 200w panels or a single 400w/450w panel with a 30A mppt CC

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ebocoms: 10:32am On May 07, 2022
Noted thank you. I'm buying the same brand.

duwdu:

If the two banks each has its own independent and quality BMS, then there should be no issues running them in parallel.

Of course, one should always ensure the two banks are in a reasonably close state of charge, just to begin with.

--------
P34c3
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ebocoms: 10:34am On May 07, 2022
Noted. Thank you.

Edited: You mean two different Lifepo4 battery size bank can be paralleled? I can go for higher capacity then. My present bank is 24V 250ah.

ojeysky:

My 280ah was over a year old before I put it in parallel with a new 230ah battery pack. Performance has remained the same since they were bought
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 11:12am On May 07, 2022
ebocoms:
Noted. Thank you.

Edited: You mean two different Lifepo4 battery size bank can be paralleled? I can go for higher capacity then. My present bank is 24V 250ah.

Yes you can that said, unless you have multiple charging source 500ah 24v may not get full daily from a single solar charging source. You should consider upgrading to 48v in future...... unless you don't deplete the battery much
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by gadgetplanetng: 11:34am On May 07, 2022
ajabani4allah:

I am very much interested in knowing how much they charge per Kwh too. I am on EKO Electric Distribution

Check on your Bill,
Either prepaid or postpaid.
There's no single figure.

My office is N55 Band C
Home N39 Band D.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ebocoms: 11:36am On May 07, 2022
Thank you bro for the information. I might have to have additional solar array with different CC because changing to 48V now, will mean changing the battery and inverter together.

ojeysky:

Yes you can that said, unless you have multiple charging source 500ah 24v may not get full daily from a single solar charging source. You should consider upgrading to 48v in future...... unless you don't deplete the battery much
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by durodee(m): 12:12pm On May 07, 2022
I have a hybrid Gennex 5kva in use now for more than a year. Being used commercially and as I suspect, being abused at my back regularly ( being overloaded with pumping machine/2 ACs until it trips etc). I have timers on the equipment to synchronize use, but it kept being overidden for one reason or another.
So, I am already looking for a not too expensive replacement in case. Moreover, i need a backup as least but Deye is out of my pocket range now.

What will be your choice as per capacity, capability and costs between:
1) Gennex
2) Epever
3) Sorotec
4) Growat

By the way, my solar panels (12 pieces , 300w, Canadian solar) are configured for a high voltage cc (450v max input) and I will prefer not to change that if possible.

I saw @ Earthrealm suggestion and I want to know people's view if cost of acquisition is also factored in.
Tanx

Valto:
i have been using for few years. however if money is not an issue, go for deye hybrid inverter. it is rugged and comes with 5yrs warranty!
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by EPOMA(m): 12:32pm On May 07, 2022
durodee:
I have a hybrid Gennex 5kva in use now for more than a year. Being used commercially and as I suspect, being abused at my back regularly ( being overloaded with pumping machine/2 ACs until it trips etc). I have timers on the equipment to synchronize use, but it kept being overidden for one reason or another.
So, I am already looking for a not too expensive replacement in case. Moreover, i need a backup as least but Deye is out of my pocket range now.

1) Gennex
2) Epever
3) Sorotec
4) Growat

By the way, my solar panels (12 pieces , 300w, Canadian solar) are configured for a high voltage cc (450v max input) and I will prefer not to change that if possible.

I saw @ Earthrealm suggestion and I want to know people's view if cost of acquisition is also factored in.
Tanx

Go for Victron
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olopan(m): 12:44pm On May 07, 2022
He said money was a factor and you suggested an equipment that will open shop on top him head �
EPOMA:

Go for Victron

5 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by tsiriman(m): 12:47pm On May 07, 2022
duwdu:

--------
P34c3

Will 2 BMS talk to reach other like the case Of ready-made units like BYD or pylontec?

Or every BMS will just be in its own?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 12:48pm On May 07, 2022
durodee:

1) Gennex
2) Epever
3) Sorotec
4) Growatt
i will go in this order
1) Growatts 48V ES 5KW model sold around 550 to 600k
2) SOROTEC 48V newest model(2022) 5.6kw REVO VM IV
3)EPEVER 48V high pv model sold around 400 to 450k
4) Gennex..
but the baba of them all is deye

5 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olopan(m): 12:50pm On May 07, 2022
My suggestion is that you try Growatt

Why?

1. You suspect its being abused so with its remote monitoring feature, you can have proof of abuse to confront end-users

2. Comes with two (2) year warranty - available with authorize dealers only

3. The ES Series has a wide PV input of up to 450Voc (430-120V) MPPT range

If convinced & might be in need, our company can help you get it for you at best price and also stand in gap for your warranty if need be.

durodee:

1) Gennex
2) Epever
3) Sorotec
4) Growat

Tanx

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by EPOMA(m): 1:07pm On May 07, 2022
olopan:
He said money was a factor and you suggested an equipment that will open shop on top him head �

Ooops sorry , sis not see that

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olopan(m): 2:57pm On May 07, 2022
@ Godliftedme & tsiriman I can hook you guys up with a pretty fair deal on your 5kW Deye.

Kindly reach out via contact on signature.

tsiriman:

Hello house, I also need a Deye 5kW hybrid inverter, I contacted a company in Lekki and they have only the 8kW.
Thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by truthbetold22: 5:11pm On May 07, 2022
darediamond:

Sarcastic response will pave way and egg on ignorance alone.

Be ready to learn.

Answer my simple question: "what is RESONANCE?"

I am into Power Generation not mere application because without Electric Power, No Show.

Who is this slowpoke? Have you not read enough on this thread to know that people here know their onion? Even a layman knows most of your advise is wrong. This thread has been on for years, go back and read through. Everything you are blabbing on has been addressed previously.

Sorry but you don’t belong on this thread. Too much ignorance�‍♂️�‍♂️

9 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Emarex: 6:26pm On May 07, 2022
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 6:46pm On May 07, 2022
ebocoms:
Thank you bro for the information. I might have to have additional solar array with different CC because changing to 48V now, will mean changing the battery and inverter together.

If the cells are DIY you can easily turn it to a 48v configuration but yes you will need to get a 48v inverter.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by HeadofNairaland: 7:26pm On May 07, 2022
truthbetold22:

Who is this slowpoke? Have you not read enough on this thread to know that people here know their onion? Even a layman knows most of your advise is wrong. This thread has been on for years, go back and read through. Everything you are blabbing on has been addressed previously.

Sorry but you don’t belong on this thread. Too much ignorance�‍♂️�‍♂️

Point made but make una dey know say name calling no good. His opinion is his. If not for him i wouldn't know, hence i make a research weather thinkable or not. Most ppu didn't know about this thread years ago.We hear and learn new things everyday.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Emarex: 7:36pm On May 07, 2022
Evening guys
How good is this battery?

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by FireTheSun: 8:03pm On May 07, 2022
durodee:

1) Gennex
2) Epever
3) Sorotec
4) Growat

Tanx

I have been using the same 5KVA Gennex Hybrid inverter (with 15Units of 585W Panels) for some time now, with No Issues at all.
They charge 32 Units of 280Ah LifePo4 Cells in 16S2P.

You can browse their Website linked below, for the different ones they have now.

https://shop.gennextechnologies.com/product/gennex-axpert-king-5kva-off-grid-inverter/

As per Cost, l think they are mid-range and value for money. @ #391K for a 5KVA, you cant beat that price!
I will even suggest you buy 8KVA, instead of 5KVA, since it appears that your consumption is already close to the limit.
I am planning on buying a 2nd Gennex Inverter as backup but it will be 8KVA for Certain.
One cannot predict Electronic items not to fail at all and having a plug-and-play backup "online" and ready to go is very germane, in my own opinion.

Caveat: I have not personally used Deye, so my opinion might have some in-built, unforeseen 'subjectivity'

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 8:14pm On May 07, 2022
Emarex:
Evening guys
my brother, dont waste money on GBM, save up and get original 100ah RITAR or fullriver. or the sweeter lifepo4 100ah lithium.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 8:17pm On May 07, 2022
Emarex:
Evening guys
my brother, dont waste money on GBM and the rest of the El cheapo.
A good 100ah battery is around 90 to 100k now. To avoid had i known. pls save up and get original 100ah RITAR or fullriver. or the sweeter lifepo4 100ah lithium.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1169) (1170) (1171) (1172) (1173) (1174) (1175) ... (1756) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: ATPx, Sapiosexuality(m), FRESHTWANYE, simplywhy(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.