Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,304 members, 7,932,203 topics. Date: Monday, 26 August 2024 at 08:55 PM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (1572) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2260657 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1569) (1570) (1571) (1572) (1573) (1574) (1575) ... (1797) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by easyyoke: 3:06pm On Feb 10
dollarnaira:

Am sorry bro
But I laughed out loud upon the above.
Not dust on the panels o. But huge dust in the air above affecting everyone Jinko or no Jinko. Wait for the first or 2nd rain to wash the said Harmattan dust in the atmosphere off. By then, sun rays will fully hit your pv wella. Dust don chop better part of the sun comot. So bro, the sun you are feeling now is big fake. Leave your set up till March/April and check again. Cheers.

Wawu. This is true sha. The dust no be here. I clean my house almost every two days. It will still look as if I did not clean the house atall. So I guess I will wait till when the first or second rain fall then before I conclude. Thank you
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by easyyoke: 3:09pm On Feb 10
Obnoxious2001:

You have no problem.
The panel is trying your concern should be to increase your cc.

The 40A can only fend for 550w ร— 2.
That if you don't have plans to install the 300w panels

What Brand would you recommend as a good MPPT charge controller. Something in the 80A and above range. I plan to add more panels later
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by easyyoke: 3:10pm On Feb 10
Dam5reey:

If a Jinko already produced 275W which is 50% of its capacity and your 300w were doing 100w which is 33%...
it means your the Jinko already performed as Top Tier Panel.

Your Charge controller is doing a bad job... Change it to another one..

Also note the Current Weather is very bad!!

What Brand would you recommend as a good MPPT charge controller. Something in the 80A and above range because I plan to add more panels later
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kristien4(m): 3:35pm On Feb 10
easyyoke:

What brand is your 580w panel and where did you get them please. You are getting about 80% yield and that is a very good yield. Your panels are original panels. I am getting just about half of my own rated wattage. What brand is your panel please and where did you get them?
They are Jinko 580watts.. i bought them from Gennextechnologies
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kristien4(m): 3:37pm On Feb 10
easyyoke:

What Brand would you recommend as a good MPPT charge controller. Something in the 80A and above range because I plan to add more panels later
I use growatt... its a good product.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by emmaniche: 3:57pm On Feb 10
Obnoxious2001:

You have no problem.
The panel is trying your concern should be to increase your cc.

The 40A can only fend for 550w ร— 2.
That if you don't have plans to install the 300w panels
Please bosses.
I have a 60am cc.
Producing about 12 to 15smps currently.
Have 5x300 watts mix of poly and mono panels.
Plan to add 5 or 6 more 300w.
Can this be added to the cc on ground?
Thanks.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by JoeSef0(m): 4:55pm On Feb 10
3 pieces of 300w
Not one 300w
Dam5reey:

Hmmm, this is not efficient, 300watts panel is connected to PWM CC on a 12V system.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by odimbannamdi(m): 5:16pm On Feb 10
easyyoke:

Wawu. Not it is not my controller. My Charge controller. Is a quality controller made by Renogy in the US so it is a quality and expensive product ke. This cannot even be right. I have a clamp meter and I have measured the DC Amp directly from the panelโ€™s wire as well as the Volt. It is giving me exactly what the MPPT controller is giving with just a little loss. So it is not my controller

Where is your location?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by easyyoke: 5:49pm On Feb 10
kristien4:
They are Jinko 580watts.. i bought them from Gennextechnologies

Nice. It is Jinko 550w own I got from Foauni but my yield is just like 50% of what the panel should produce. Everybody is saying it is currently because of the weather. Are you still getting that 2730watt this period? Or your yield has dropped.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Obnoxious2001(m): 6:02pm On Feb 10
easyyoke:

What Brand would you recommend as a good MPPT charge controller. Something in the 80A and above range. I plan to add more panels later
Srne
Powmr
Tech fine
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Obnoxious2001(m): 6:05pm On Feb 10
emmaniche:

Please bosses.
I have a 60am cc.
Producing about 12 to 15smps currently.
Have 5x300 watts mix of poly and mono panels.
Plan to add 5 or 6 more 300w.
Can this be added to the cc on ground?
Thanks.

Check your current cc max input PV. (This will tell us precisely)

But if I will speak from experience, it will work, but the cc will limit your output (i.e if your PV can generate above 60A, your cc will limit it to just 60a) this is if the cc has that type of protection grin
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by JoeSef0(m): 6:12pm On Feb 10
Drgreatone:

Running my top loader washing machine on it as i type. Advantage of the hybrid is u can oversize ur panels such that it powers ur load and still charge the battery which u sort of lose wit this pwm charger. I was goin to ask, whats the max panel input of ur pwm controller used? Looking like u connected ur 900watt panel to it directly?

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by emmaniche: 6:21pm On Feb 10
Obnoxious2001:

Check your current cc max input PV. (This will tell us precisely)

But if I will speak from experience, it will work, but the cc will limit your output (i.e if your PV can generate above 60A, your cc will limit it to just 60a) this is if the cc has that type of protection grin
Boss. Abeg see my cc config.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Obnoxious2001(m): 6:24pm On Feb 10
emmaniche:

Boss. Abeg see my cc config.
How many volts is yours system?
Current pv voltage
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by emmaniche: 6:36pm On Feb 10
Obnoxious2001:

How many volts is yours system?
Current pv voltage
No vex o, can u expansiate on the question.
Thanks.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kristien4(m): 6:42pm On Feb 10
easyyoke:

Nice. It is Jinko 550w own I got from Foauni but my yield is just like 50% of what the panel should produce. Everybody is saying it is currently because of the weather. Are you still getting that 2730watt this period? Or your yield has dropped.
Yes... but my panel are within arm reach, so i clean every 4 days or so...atleast the first day u installed b4 harmattan dust action, u could have gotten better readings..
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Obnoxious2001(m): 6:54pm On Feb 10
emmaniche:

No vex o, can u expansiate on the question.
Thanks.

The maximum PV your controller can accept is 3kw.

On your controller, how many volts does it show from the sun.

How many volts battery is it charging
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by emmaniche: 6:56pm On Feb 10
Obnoxious2001:

The maximum PV your controller can accept is 3kw.

On your controller, how many volts does it show from the sun.

How many volts battery is it charging
Can't provide values of the volts from the sun.

Its charging a 24v ๐Ÿ”‹
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Obnoxious2001(m): 7:12pm On Feb 10
emmaniche:

Can't provide values of the volts from the sun.

Its charging a 24v ๐Ÿ”‹

Okay, for your current cc your I think max you can put in is 6* 300 (2s2p), anything above this, might limit its output.

This is not a professional view.
Besides you have 5panel,
So it's like 2s2p with 1 in parallel to 1 grin
Or it's not in use at all
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by emmaniche: 7:28pm On Feb 10
Obnoxious2001:

Okay, for your current cc your I think max you can put in is 6* 300 (2s2p), anything above this, might limit its output.

This is not a professional view.
Besides you have 5panel,
So it's like 2s2p with 1 in parallel to 1 grin
Or it's not in use at all
When u say limit its out. Abeg clarify.
2s2p?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Debroslink: 7:54pm On Feb 10
easyyoke:

Calm down bro, nothing is wrong with your setup and panels. My panels are dropping less than 50% output today than it was early January when harmattan hasn't started.

Wait for the 1st heavy rainfall to clear the dust everywhere, then the sun will have premium access to those panels.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Obnoxious2001(m): 8:07pm On Feb 10
emmaniche:

When u say limit its out. Abeg clarify.
2s2p?

If your PV generated above 60A, your cc will only give out 60A
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by emmaniche: 8:12pm On Feb 10
Obnoxious2001:

If your PV generated above 60A, your cc will only give out 60A
Clear. Thanks boss.
The max I've ever gotten is 18amps on my current setup.
Can I add more panels to my current setup?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Obnoxious2001(m): 1:01am On Feb 11
emmaniche:

Clear. Thanks boss.
The max I've ever gotten is 18amps on my current setup.
Can I add more panels to my current setup?
Yes since you have 5 you can add extra 1 to make it balanced. While you observe your output
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Trippledots(m): 7:20am On Feb 11
JoeSef0:
So basically
There's no implications to it if it's left that way?

If devices are misbehaving because of stray electric current, nothing is safe.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bassdow: 1:23pm On Feb 11
ewizard1:

Won't like to argue then.

But dyou think you can always get the EXACT model number of every inverter mosfet?

Do you repair inverters? Cos I do and have confirmed it many times. You don't just swap in mosfet because they look alike, you look up their specs. If it matches in rating, NOTHING wouldn't make it work.

That's why every single of these devices have something called DATASHEET.

Hope say person wey dey follow you ARGUE no be engineer because na those type dey make matter worse.

One annoying thing about most Nigerian electronic technicians - they're much better at swapping out panels, than actually repairing them.

Recently my external monitor had issues, the momennt I opened it and discovered about 3 spider ICs were bad, na so me by myself conclude say no hope. That's because I know say the kind electricians wey we get no sabi change those kind things

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bassdow: 1:28pm On Feb 11
easyyoke:

My Jinko panel is clean. It is brand new. So no dust on it yet. Just 3days old and I have been taking the reading over the course of three days. Good shinning sunlight. Yet the max I am getting is 270w out of the Jinko 550W

Have you washed your solar Panels ?
Dust can easily drop output by over 30%. it's worse if you reside along the major unTarred road (that's road with clay soil).

You need ensure the solar panels are clean first, then observe for a day or 2. if no improvement, next is to check the cables.

Atimes, the cable coming directly from the solar Panel (black in color) could get weak at the point where the extra longer cable is connected to it.

Those 2 are often reasons why output drops so long there's good sunlight
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bassdow: 1:31pm On Feb 11
Penuelseun:
I would suggest you get another mppt controller

So you're making a suggestion on replacing something this expensive without stating reason(s) why one should do so.

Doesn't even look like you've got a clear idea what you speak of to begin with.

na wa Ooo. You talk like say MPPT (even if na fake sef) na less than 5,000 naira
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Penuelseun(m): 1:42pm On Feb 11
bassdow:

So you're making a suggestion on replacing something this expensive without stating reason(s) why one should do so.

Doesn't even look like you've got a clear idea what you speak of to begin with.

na wa Ooo. You talk like say MPPT (even if na fake sef) na less than 5,000 naira
my message was not directed at you so move along. You clearly don't understand anything about solar just copy and paste, you will just open your mouth and be speaking trash.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by lukay007(m): 2:35pm On Feb 11
Good afternoon everyone and happy Sunday, please kindly advise me, I'm planning to set up a phone charging shop with about 100-200 charging ports and I'm planning to setup a solar inverter to avert the cost of fuel and all that.

Please advise me on setup that will be more suitable in terms of inverter size, solar panel and maybe battery size.

On the side can I use the solar inverter without battery. Thanks I will appreciate your suggestions and contributions.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by easyyoke: 2:44pm On Feb 11
Guys if I want to carry 800w of solar panel power over 10yards distance (37v, 22Amps), how many mm wire will be the recommended wire please for optimal performance and little to no loss.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1569) (1570) (1571) (1572) (1573) (1574) (1575) ... (1797) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: Samtobh(m), Drgreatone and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.