Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,925 members, 7,942,337 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 07:54 AM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (1782) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2276323 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1779) (1780) (1781) (1782) (1783) (1784) (1785) ... (1802) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by abbeymighty(m): 8:12pm On Jul 31
What am plannin to do is 435 are 6 in nos whil 440 are 3 nos, so it be 3sS 3P
HeavenlyBang:

And that array is connected in series?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by brightk(m): 9:13pm On Jul 31
abbeymighty:
What am plannin to do is 435 are 6 in nos whil 440 are 3 nos, so it be 3sS 3P
what is the voc of ur cc
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by isangjohnson: 9:36pm On Jul 31
24v 160ah 4kwh for 850k.
24v 130ah 3.3kwh for 750.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Mrreed(m): 9:37pm On Jul 31
And uncouth too.
dollarnaira:
Omo see blatant rudness from person mouth.
YOU ARE RUDE BRO
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojesymsym: 9:45pm On Jul 31
In humility I do want to know how you guys go about doing capacity testing. I know there is a tester they sell on Alibaba that measures the capacity of lithium but it does not sem to be what you are describing here.

Do you put normal load on it without further charging it to determine the final capacity, a step by step process would be a nice to have.

Also, I suggest you and Dam5reey1 should sheave the sword for now, no need to take anything personal. We are all here to learn and share ideas.
isangjohnson:

If you don't know how to do capacity test to check the working voltage range of each cell and the internal resistance, let me tell you.
Put either 8 cells or 16 cells together as a pack, charge them to full and discharge them down to 3.000v each cell.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojesymsym: 9:51pm On Jul 31
Is it that bad? I wanted to have the experience of more than one type of BMS, which was why I got the JBD. Should I also try Daly or no need?

futurenix:

Your just getting worked up. If U can, for testing/confirmation purpose use the jk bms in Ur other pack u mentioned in this pack and see what will happen.

That jbd that almost made me condemn my batteries
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by isangjohnson: 4:14am On Aug 01
ojesymsym:
In humility I do want to know how you guys go about doing capacity testing. I know there is a tester they sell on Alibaba that measures the capacity of lithium but it does not sem to be what you are describing here.

Do you put normal load on it without further charging it to determine the final capacity, a step by step process would be a nice to have.

Also, I suggest you and Dam5reey1 should sheave the sword for now, no need to take anything personal. We are all here to learn and share ideas.
If you have 4 or 8 or 16 cells that you want to use to build a pack and you want to carry out capacity on these cells, don't EVER test them individually. You won't get the needed results when you later put them together.
Almost all the grade B cells come with the default IR and as such their charging and discharging behavior are different.
After the initial top balancing and equalizing, hook them up to your system and discharge them from the 3.400v down to 3.00v.
This is the working voltage range and this is where you will see the advertised AH and KWH of the cells.
If the cells are grade B, you may choose to you 0.25C or 0.30C rating for the discharge and if the cells are batched and matched grade A with the datasheet of 0.5C/0.5, you may choose to follow the datasheet specification.

While carrying out the capacity test for the two categories of cells, pay MORE attention to the behavior of individual cells, especially when they approach the lower knees of the curve.
Batched and matched grade A cells will stay closely together throughout the working voltage range (3.400v-3.000v) and you won't see any runner cell overtaking others and hit the low voltage cutoff because their IR are very closed due to the matching and batching....
Grade B cells hardly stay together, even when you reduce the loads at the lower knees... Once they approach 3.000v, one cell (runner) will overtake others and hit the low voltage cutoff.
Again, there are still quality grade B cells that will give you excellent performance and you will experience all these during the testing process.
I used Victron BMV 712 for my capacity test.

5 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 9:59am On Aug 01

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by isangjohnson: 10:23am On Aug 01
More revelations loading......
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by abbeymighty(m): 2:07pm On Aug 01
145V growats 80a cc
brightk:
what is the voc of ur cc
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Abiono28: 4:11pm On Aug 01
isangjohnson:
Currently, I've 160ah cells, 130ah cells and 100ah cells all grade B in my custody.
I can do a video on any of them and drop here if anyone wants confirmation on any form of test.

I'm expecting batched and matched 105ah grade A cells this week and I've already collected the manufacturer test reports of these cells.
I'm also expecting 105ah grade B cells.
I will keep the two class of cells side by side and do a thorough experiment on them and keep my records for proof.
I'm not fighting anyone here. I'm only fighting fraudulent activities here.
If I've scammed or lied on what I sold to people here, expose me.
How much is your 130Ah cell?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by isangjohnson: 4:44pm On Aug 01
Abiono28:

How much is your 130Ah cell?
Sorry Sir, I don't have cells for sale now.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by brightk(m): 11:23pm On Aug 01
abbeymighty:
145V growats 80a cc
since ur pv voltages are in the range of 38 to 39v.. 3s3p is ur best bet
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Ijeoma660(f): 6:58am On Aug 02
Ijeoma660:

27/04/2024

So as at today my set up is

- 3kva high voltage hybrid inverter
- 5kWh Lipo battery
- 9S2P 18nos 320Wp solar pv panels
- Wifi datalogger
- Contactor 2NC 2NO acting as automatic change over for freezer. This is regulated by the inverter dry contact.

I have added another 5kwh to my setup to enable ne have 1 day autonomy. I alao have a timer switch for my freezer. Previously when I had only 5kwh battery installed It switches on the freezer by

On 8.30am and
Off 5.30pm

Based on this arrangement by morning my battery is about 35% (5kwh)

But after adding another 5kWh making a total of 10kWh battery. I did a calculation and arrived at the on/off times for the freezer

On 6am and
Off 11pm

By morning my battery's percentage is at +/- 60% (10kWh)

If it happens to be a cloudy weather I cam go on without the need for grid dependency.

This way i don't worry anyone with switching off the lights when not in use etc...

Cost of equipment so far
Inverter 423k
LFPB 5kWh 1.350m
LFPB 5kWh 1.071m
PV array 18nos x 300Wp 480k. (warehouse clearance sale)
Timer switch 12k
WiFi module for online control and monitor 51k

Load on the system
1. TVs 2nos (65 and 47inch
2. Fans 5nos
3. Microwave
4. Freezer 250L
5 Bedside fridge
6. Several LED Light
7. Home entertainment
8. Laptop etc.

Its amazing I have bo idea whether there is NEPA light or not.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Dam5reey1(m): 7:11am On Aug 02
Ijeoma660:

I have added another 5kwh to my setup to enable ne have 1 day autonomy. I alao have a timer switch for my freezer. Previously when I had only 5kwh battery installed It switches on the freezer by

On 8.30am and
Off 5.30pm

But after adding another 5kWh making a total of 10kWh battery. I did a calculation and arrived at the on/off times for the freezer

On 6am and
Off 11pm

If it happens to be a cloudy weather I cam go on without the need for grid dependency.

This way i don't worry anyone with switching off the lights when not in use etc...

Cost of equipment so far
Inverter 423k
LFPB 5kWh 1.350m
LFPB 5kWh 1.071m
Timer switch 12k

Load on the system
2. Fans 5nos
3. Microwave
4. Freezer 250L
5 Bedside fridge
6. Several LED Light
7. Home entertainment
8. Laptop etc.

Good Job, we implemented the use of timer as well, due to limitations of batteries which was only 5kwh, since there is PV up to 4560w, timer work 8am to 6pm here!

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olopan(m): 10:52am On Aug 02
You are doing well.

more power to your elbows
Ijeoma660:

On 8.30am and
Off 5.30pm

On 6am and
Off 11pm

Cost of equipment so far
Inverter 423k
LFPB 5kWh 1.350m
LFPB 5kWh 1.071m
Timer switch 12k

Load on the system
2. Fans 5nos
3. Microwave
4. Freezer 250L
5 Bedside fridge
6. Several LED Light
7. Home entertainment
8. Laptop etc.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Kaybthaniels(m): 11:35am On Aug 02
House please which rechargeable standing fan is currently the best value for money? I am looking at QASA but they are a bit expensive , will appreciate y’all’s recommendation 🙏
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 11:43am On Aug 02
Kaybthaniels:
House please which rechargeable standing fan is currently the best value for money? I am looking at QASA but they are a bit expensive , will appreciate y’all’s recommendation 🙏
all are expensive now.. go for CENTURY 18" the model with 7AH battery. it is very durable.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Kaybthaniels(m): 12:01pm On Aug 02
Thanks for the recommendation, do you have a picture of the exact one you just mentioned? I searched on Jumia and there are different Century 18” rechargeable fans, I can’t tell which one is the model with 7AH battery.

Valto:
all are expensive now.. go for CENTURY 18" the model with 7AH battery. it is very durable.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 12:21pm On Aug 02
Kaybthaniels:
Thanks for the recommendation, do you have a picture of the exact one you just mentioned? I searched on Jumia and there are different Century 18” rechargeable fans, I can’t tell which one is the model with 7AH battery.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Kaybthaniels(m): 12:59pm On Aug 02
Thank you 👍🏼

[quote author=Valto post=131286035][/quote]
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kristien4(m): 10:31am On Aug 03
Ijeoma660:

On 8.30am and
Off 5.30pm

On 6am and
Off 11pm

Cost of equipment so far
Inverter 423k
LFPB 5kWh 1.350m
LFPB 5kWh 1.071m
Timer switch 12k

Load on the system
2. Fans 5nos
3. Microwave
4. Freezer 250L
5 Bedside fridge
6. Several LED Light
7. Home entertainment
8. Laptop etc.

What brand of LFP battery are u using?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 2:07pm On Aug 03
Brand new grade A Eve 280ah cells available
Limited quantity

Price - 140k ( slightly negotiable)

Call/chat - 08117398294

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Drgreatone: 2:23pm On Aug 03
Ijeoma660:

On 8.30am and
Off 5.30pm

On 6am and
Off 11pm

Cost of equipment so far
Inverter 423k
LFPB 5kWh 1.350m
LFPB 5kWh 1.071m
Timer switch 12k

Load on the system
2. Fans 5nos
3. Microwave
4. Freezer 250L
5 Bedside fridge
6. Several LED Light
7. Home entertainment
8. Laptop etc.

Does ur wifi module work for all types of inverter or its specific to urs?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Ijeoma660(f): 2:35pm On Aug 03
kristien4:
What brand of LFP battery are u using?

Feli feli

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Ijeoma660(f): 2:36pm On Aug 03
olopan:
You are doing well.

more power to your elbows

Namaste

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Ijeoma660(f): 2:38pm On Aug 03
Drgreatone:

Does ur wifi module work for all types of inverter or its specific to urs?

I think it's generic. Because the web and mobile interface are different hosts and different OEM from inverter make
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by obitobe: 3:06pm On Aug 03
What brand of inverter are you using?

Ijeoma660:

On 8.30am and
Off 5.30pm

On 6am and
Off 11pm

Cost of equipment so far
Inverter 423k
LFPB 5kWh 1.350m
LFPB 5kWh 1.071m
Timer switch 12k

Load on the system
2. Fans 5nos
3. Microwave
4. Freezer 250L
5 Bedside fridge
6. Several LED Light
7. Home entertainment
8. Laptop etc.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Ijeoma660(f): 3:15pm On Aug 03
obitobe:
What brand of inverter are you using?

Feli feli

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by chymer(m): 4:02pm On Aug 03
[quote author=Valto post=131258667][/quote]

@Valto, you be Man. I referred someone from Kebbi State to you, based on how people speak good of your batteries here

He made the payment on Monday and the battery was delivered today (4.4kw).

Do keep it up.

I would have been disappointed if it didn't turn out well. Even when I've not dealt with you personally. People's testimonials here gave me all the assurance.

Thank you for being truthful.

12 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1779) (1780) (1781) (1782) (1783) (1784) (1785) ... (1802) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: toscotech(m), Valto(m), OmobaDe10th(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.