Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,288 members, 7,932,182 topics. Date: Monday, 26 August 2024 at 08:18 PM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (1793) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2260624 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1790) (1791) (1792) (1793) (1794) (1795) (1796) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TechGeek777: 7:19pm On Aug 18
JustCryptos:
Good evening DIYers. Please bare with me, it's a long read.

I think it's time to bring this to the larger house maybe I'll be able to get tangible help.

I purchased my first lithium bank from the Jos guy (jemag) in December 2022. The capacity of the bank is 24v 110a. In August last year, I purchased another battery bank 24v 100a from @valto.

I already noticed that my first bank had a hard time running from night till morning. On most nights it does by 2am. Reason I opted to purchase a second bank.

My night time load is between 100 to 200w (two 60w standing fans). So at the very least, I expected the Jemag battery to last till morning.

The way my system is setup, I have 1.2kw and another 1.8kw on both sides of my roof. Each set of panels go to their individual CCs before going to the batteries.

I began noticing significant deterioration in March this year. The battery may be full but shuts down within 30 minutes after a 200w load is introduced.

Upon closer inspection, I noticed there was a bad cell inside. One of the cell drops from 3.2v to 2.4v within minutes, triggering the BMS to shut off.

When I contacted the Jos guy, he proposed sending the bank back to Jos from Port Harcourt, an unnecessary step if you ask me. I opted for DIY, opened the bank and saw that one cell was seriously swollen.

I notified him again but he was angry on why I opened the battery. He was particularly about sending the bank to Jos for them to compress but I refused. This guy barely responds to messages.

Mind you, he used Sinopoly cells to build the bank. I asked if he had a replacement and he said yes, I paid around 50,000 for the replacement in May 2024 only for him to call days later that the cell they found was swollen but in perfect condition.

With no alternative at hand, I asked him to send the so call battery. That was a mistake on my part. When it got to me, the rating was not only different (3.2v 200ah) but the battery was worst than the existing piece.

I decided never to contact him since he never checked back. I abandoned his battery since March.

Now to my question:What can I do to salvage my battery? Do I sell of as scrap? Are there buyers?

The way I see LiFePO4 Battery Packs from local builders here, if sellers are not ready to give documented 5 years warranty on Grade B and 7 years warranty for Grade A, I will suggest the buyers look elsewhere.

My 20 cents!

11 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dollarnaira: 7:26pm On Aug 18
TechGeek777:

The way I see LiFePO4 Battery Packs from local builders here, if sellers are not ready to give documented 5 years warranty on Grade B and 7 years warranty for Grade A, I will suggest the buyers look elsewhere.

My 20 cents!

Haba bros.
Your taste bud hard o. grin grin
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 7:45pm On Aug 18
TechGeek777:

The way I see LiFePO4 Battery Packs from local builders here, if sellers are not ready to give documented 5 years warranty on Grade Band 7 years warranty for Grade A I will suggest the buyers look elsewhere.

My 20 cents!
i just hope u are not misunderstanding the post anyway, cos the jos guy JEMAG is a not a regular here. he only advertised here once and that was yrs back!
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 7:59pm On Aug 18
JustCryptos:
Now to my question:What can I do to salvage my battery? Do I sell of as scrap? Are there buyers?
it can be reassembled as 12v 110ah,removing 4pcs of cells or getting a single 100ah cell to replace the damaged one. since cells make are different, an 8S 2A balancer bms can help to an extent, atleast it can be managed for the time being.

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TechGeek777: 8:06pm On Aug 18
dollarnaira:

Haba bros.
Your taste bud hard o. grin grin

Boss money no too easy to make for naija like before, imagine the stress that guy will be going through now.

At the very least 3yrs should be given for grade B battery Packs and 5yrs for grade A battery packs.

Even Felicity frequently talked down here gives such, since Grade A EVE are better packs than Felicity as claimed, I believe they should give more years than Felicity, this is my submission boss!

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TechGeek777: 8:17pm On Aug 18
Valto:
i just hope u are not misunderstanding the post anyway, cos the jos guy JEMAG is a not a regular here. he only advertised here once and that was yrs back!

Am not, imagine the short time he has used that pack to be paying 50k for a damaged or swollen cell yet no solution.

If they was documented warranty he would have activated that clause and this issue would have been resolved.

Even your battery pack when one user reported issue with it here 3-4 months ago then you were ill, you resolved it without further complaints from the user.

I must commend your recent price I saw on 48v 280A Grade A EVE Cells, that it's almost 200k diff from Selina from china, which is no brainer waiting for length of time.

So @Valto 5yrs is a good warranty for Grade A EVE Cells at the very least!

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Obnoxious2001(m): 8:39pm On Aug 18
TechGeek777:

Am not, imagine the short time he has used that pack to be paying 50k for a damaged or swollen cell yet no solution.

If they was documented warranty he would have activated that clause and this issue would have been resolved.

Even your battery pack when one user reported issue with it here 3-4 months ago then you were ill, you resolved it without further complaints from the user.

I must commend your recent price I saw on 48v 280A Grade A EVE Cells, that it's almost 200k diff from Selina from china, which is no brainer waiting for length of time.

So @Valto 5yrs is a good warranty for Grade A EVE Cells at the very least!

The problem is not to document a warranty.

It's to honour it.

From experience, I can tell you that you can make a bad product look good if you have good customer support/service.

So documenting warranty is never the problem

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by abbeymighty(m): 8:50pm On Aug 18
isangjohnson:

I sold one of this to someone here. I've not heard any complain....
How much ? and did they have service center in,lagos ? in case of any problem?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dollarnaira: 8:59pm On Aug 18
TechGeek777:

Boss money no too easy to make for naija like before, imagine the stress that guy will be going through now.

At the very least 3yrs should be given for grade B battery Packs and 5yrs for grade A battery packs.

Even Felicity frequently talked down here gives such, since Grade A EVE are better packs than Felicity as claimed, I believe they should give more years than Felicity, this is my submission boss!

Money hard ooo
I gree wella.
But wat if the warranty na just mouth.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Drgreatone: 10:01pm On Aug 18
dollarnaira:

You didn't get me well.
Bms types optional, not bms optional. Bsms Bluetooth and without; 100A bms on a 100a battery is a waste to me.
There is a short length original flat copper not up to 50cm sold for close to 10k. I don't generalize I say what works and still working for me. I love alternatives rather than depending on common materials that can be easily faked. But both of us know that 1C is for few seconds. Some won't even smell 0.5C as we all run different loads. Why do most cases have vents? My solar panel cables is not the regular cable everyone goes for...well, thats private. It handles close to 30a without warning up. I am not the conventional person I go for unconventional materials that work. Lastly, this forum is for those with common sense - you pick, discard, use or reuse information online. Life no suppose hard. grin grin grin
What does the copper do?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by JustCryptos: 3:00am On Aug 19
isangjohnson:

Sorry about that.
Keep your battery Sir and let me look for that one cell as replacement in china.

Thanks, I hope it yields positive result.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by JustCryptos: 3:02am On Aug 19
Valto:
it can be reassembled as 12v 110ah,removing 4pcs of cells or getting a single 100ah cell to replace the damaged one. since cells make are different, an 8S 2A balancer bms can help to an extent, atleast it can be managed for the time being.

Thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TechGeek777: 4:25am On Aug 19
dollarnaira:

Money hard ooo
I gree wella.
But wat if the warranty na just mouth.

Documented means it MUST be attached to the battery packs and signed by the seller and sent you video/screenshot evidence before sending it to you after payment.

If such existed, then the buyer can take it to the next level legally or otherwise if he decides to use this method.

Besides, it will also ensure the seller use genuine cells without playing any shenanigan.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by isangjohnson: 5:18am On Aug 19
@ TeckGeek777.
Those that are well informed know what they want and no amount of online market strategies can change their minds.
Whether a customer is buying grade A cells or grade B cells or brand new cells at whatever price, time will tell.
Each time I remember a guy here called Casualobserver, who wrote detailed analysis about grades of cells and the cause of their premature dead with the back up videos, I knew there were a lot of well informed guys here.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dollarnaira: 5:30am On Aug 19
Drgreatone:

What does the copper do?

Cut into bus bars
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Ooreofegrace: 5:46am On Aug 19
Run ooo.. Run.. My 50 kobo advice

abbeymighty:
Good day all,
please who have a review on this PowMr hybrid inverter?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TechGeek777: 5:59am On Aug 19
isangjohnson:
@ TeckGeek777.
Those that are well informed know what they want and no amount of online market strategies can change their minds.
Whether a customer is buying grade A cells or grade B cells or brand new cells at whatever price, time will tell.
Each time I remember a guy here called Casualobserver, who wrote detailed analysis about grades of cells and the cause of their premature dead with the back up videos, I knew there were a lot of well informed guys here.

Well informed guys, generally won't have any issues unless in situations where bad cells are intentionally used to couple the battery packs.

Good products markets themselves without corporate marketing.

I remembered some pages back when someone recommended Valto's pack to another.

But warranty clause is needed in business, even china that produced these cells gave warranty of 5yrs (Lithium 3.2V EVE 280Ah Cell (LF280K) Li-ion Phosphate LiFePO4 Battery. 5 Year Warranty on Cells - Brand New Auto Grade (Grade A) Cells with 5 Years Warranty).

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by odimbannamdi(m): 7:57am On Aug 19
Ooreofegrace:

This your comment doesn't provide much or any help at all. You should at least explain why you advised him to avoid the product

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 9:31am On Aug 19
A unit of 15kwh felicity lithium battery and 1pcs of 7.5kva felicity inverter ready for delivery to PH.. thank you Mr Eric for the patronage. God bless

Call/whatsapp me on 08168986461 to order yours ..

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 9:33am On Aug 19
17.5kwh felicity lithium battery still available, #3,100,000. Call/whatsapp me on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 9:34am On Aug 19
10kwh 48v felicity lithium battery available, #2,100,000. Call/whatsapp me on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 9:36am On Aug 19
5kwh 24v felicity lithium battery available, #1,400,000. Call/whatsapp me on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 9:37am On Aug 19
15kwh 48v felicity lithium battery available, #2,800,000. Call/whatsapp me 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 9:39am On Aug 19
560w Sunfield solar panels available, #135,000. Call/whatsapp me on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 10:15am On Aug 19
abbeymighty:
Good day all,
please who have a review on this PowMr hybrid inverter?

In stock with warranty and service center.
Durable and efficient. Used in personal installations.

Price - 395k
Call/chat - 08117398294 to order

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 10:24am On Aug 19
JustCryptos:

I think it's time to bring this to the larger house maybe I'll be able to get tangible help.

I purchased my first lithium bank from the Jos guy (jemag) in December 2022. The capacity of the bank is 24v 110a. In August last year, I purchased another battery bank 24v 100a from @valto.

I already noticed that my first bank had a hard time running from night till morning. On most nights it does by 2am. Reason I opted to purchase a second bank.

My night time load is between 100 to 200w (two 60w standing fans). So at the very least, I expected the Jemag battery to last till morning.

The way my system is setup, I have 1.2kw and another 1.8kw on both sides of my roof. Each set of panels go to their individual CCs before going to the batteries.

I began noticing significant deterioration in March this year. The battery may be full but shuts down within 30 minutes after a 200w load is introduced.

Upon closer inspection, I noticed there was a bad cell inside. One of the cell drops from 3.2v to 2.4v within minutes, triggering the BMS to shut off.

When I contacted the Jos guy, he proposed sending the bank back to Jos from Port Harcourt, an unnecessary step if you ask me. I opted for DIY, opened the bank and saw that one cell was seriously swollen.

I notified him again but he was angry on why I opened the battery. He was particularly about sending the bank to Jos for them to compress but I refused. This guy barely responds to messages.

Mind you, he used Sinopoly cells to build the bank. I asked if he had a replacement and he said yes, I paid around 50,000 for the replacement in May 2024 only for him to call days later that the cell they found was swollen but in perfect condition.

With no alternative at hand, I asked him to send the so call battery. That was a mistake on my part. When it got to me, the rating was not only different (3.2v 200ah) but the battery was worst than the existing piece.

I decided never to contact him since he never checked back. I abandoned his battery since March.

Sorry about that. You can reconfigure as 12v and then replace the bad cell. You can Contact mr Johnson, you will just need to wait a bit and your battery would be back up and firing.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 10:59am On Aug 19
Ooreofegrace:

This is the reason I don't usually read reviews from Nigerians on AliExpress. It often lacks depth. I often see things like these as reviews "Just received the package after 3 months, next time use SPEEDAF. Yet to open it, will review it after I've used it". Review done 4 months ago. No further review. No nothing. Just vibes smiley

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 11:27am On Aug 19
mctfopt:

This is the reason I don't usually read reviews from Nigerians on AliExpress. It often lacks depth. I often see things like these as reviews "Just received the package after 3 months, next time use SPEEDAF. Yet to open it, will review it after I've used it". Review done 4 months ago. No further review. No nothing. Just vibes smiley
lolz, if u follow most reviews on Aliexpress, u will not buy anything grin

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Drgreatone: 12:51pm On Aug 19
dollarnaira:

Cut into bus bars
Oh I get
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 11:45pm On Aug 19
Valto:
lolz, if u follow most reviews on Aliexpress, u will not buy anything grin

I dey follow o. It has prevented my buying a dud several times. I do read reviews.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 7:08am On Aug 20
we couple professionally..
24v 280ah 7.168kwh lifepo4 lithium battery available @1.5m real rated capacity made with JK 200A Bluetooth bms and JK 3.2inch display!
48v 280ah 14.3kwh lifepo4 lithium battery available @ 2.5m, real rated capacity, made with JK Bluetooth bms and JK 3.2inch display!
24v 100ah 2.560kwh @560/600k
24v/48v 5.1kwh @1.050m/1.1m/1.150m
24v 172ah 4.4kwh @860k/900k
48v 200ah 10.240kwh @2m/2.050m
12v 100ah 1.280kwh@ 270k/310k

we also sell battery accessories like BMS, cable lugs, battery terminals, voltmeter, JK 3.2INCH DISPLAY, JBD touchscreen display, 12v and 24v battery box, e.t.c.

contact us today
whatsapp 08020574628 or telegram@ValtechEnergy

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1790) (1791) (1792) (1793) (1794) (1795) (1796) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: dellabella(m), isangjohnson

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.