Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,196 members, 7,910,256 topics. Date: Saturday, 03 August 2024 at 11:28 PM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (693) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2225792 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (690) (691) (692) (693) (694) (695) (696) ... (1783) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Peterlove11: 12:11pm On Mar 11, 2020
quote author=Callmenuel1 post=87342132]24v 200ah lithium battery installed by my great installer yesterday at Igando, Lagos state. Thanks Mr Tope (nairalander) for the patronage and for believing in my team.

Contact, Manuel Solar Energy Enterprises on 08168986461.

Sorry guys for using this new moniker, my other moniker (justcallmenuel) was ban.

Can it be connected in series to make a 48v system?

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 2:10pm On Mar 11, 2020
ojeysky:

Hehehe.... Familiar lithium packaging and sticker..... Good to see some people patronised my reference. Mr Tope should consider sharing his experience with us o. Enjoy!

is this the one of 350k?
the bms is internal?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 2:48pm On Mar 11, 2020
earthrealm:

is this the one of 350k?
the bms is internal?

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 2:51pm On Mar 11, 2020
Peterlove11:
quote author=Callmenuel1 post=87342132]24v 200ah lithium battery installed by my great installer yesterday at Igando, Lagos state. Thanks Mr Tope (nairalander) for the patronage and for believing in my team.

Sorry guys for using this new moniker, my other moniker (justcallmenuel) was ban.

No but the guy has a 48v 150AH option, I think that one is 550k
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by FemiSolar(f): 3:49pm On Mar 11, 2020
Thundervolt 12V 200Ah AGM Batteries available for sale@Solardepot
Price: N110k

800 cycles @50% DoD

Dimensions: L485mm x W172mm x H240mm

Weight: 61.0kg

Max. Charge Current: 60A

Country of Origin: China

call 09069125453

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by adrusa: 6:44pm On Mar 11, 2020
ojeysky:

No but the guy has a 48v 150AH option, I think that one is 550k

Can you please share his contact?
Thanks.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 8:18pm On Mar 11, 2020
adrusa:

Can you please share his contact?
Thanks.

803 0 six 3 3 two 02
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by unicmarket: 10:48pm On Mar 11, 2020
3 important things to consider when purchasing a battery!

Cost: most buyers are particular about the cheap battery brand, you see through experience, I have seen that there are some goods or commodities you don’t just approach due to cost reduction, it’s can be very costly on the long run when the battery you bargained for only lasted 6months and then it’s gone, then you either start buying a new Original one or find a fairly used battery on the long run, and when carefully considered we find out that the cost difference of an original battery and the one the buyers purchases is just 10-20 thousand Naira difference, and is supposed to last a good 3-5years. While you consider cost, also consider the performance of the cells, else you may spend unnecessarily

2. Track record: most batteries have track records, except some non popular batteries (they may be strong) but without a track record, from other customers, when I say track record I mean customer feedback performance report, it can either be assured by a trusted installer or a seller with some convincing proofs
3. Warranty Integrity terms: don’t be too quick to pay without first agreeing with the seller on the warranty terms, and also in the aim to trust the warranty claims, be particular about the timing, of per adventure battery fails within warranty period, seller should be ready to pick the batteries up for repair or replacement. Getting a signed document is a good practice for both parties. ( when you treat your buying in a quark manner, expecting a professional performance is just a daydream.)

Get quality products from Jekitech

www.jekitech.com call or whatsapp 08031138665

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 4:50am On Mar 12, 2020
ojeysky:

AC and it's rated 50w but consumption when measured is between 49 to 39w from high to low speed.

Okay. Thanks. 39 watts at lowest speed for a 16 inches fan is still on the high side in my opinion.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 4:58am On Mar 12, 2020
Peterlove11:

I don't think so. The BMS used in that seems to be different from the type that can be connected in series. There is also another peculiarity of the BMS that I don't seem to get down with; something that has to do with "only grid power (and not solar) can start the BMS when it shuts off due to low voltage protection"

Maybe Ojeysky can shed more light on those, since he has been using that product for sometime now.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dejidotun2000(m): 5:17am On Mar 12, 2020
Good day Sir.

Is the HA01 battery balancer nearly as good as the fangpusun 24V balancer (Looks exactly like the Victron 24V balancer). I see that the price of the fangpusun on Aliexpress is double that of the HA01.

Thanks.
NiyiOmoIyunade:
It simply means the batteries were not very far apart in SoC (good news) or one battery is already toast since the voltage fell so sharply in such a short time (bad news)

If you bought the HA02 balancer it can move up to 10A of current between the batteries - that is sufficient charge into a weaker battery to make the voltages appear to converge.

Two tests I do -#1 - with the balancer attached, allow the batteries to drain to 12v each and then slightly beyond e g 11.8v each. If they all stay in sync as per voltage when drained so far, then they are all pretty well matched in capacity and your balancer saved the lesser charged battery from dieing prematurely.

Test #2 - with the balancer attached, measure voltage of each battery when the inverter or CC is in ABSORB - they will likely not stay at perfect sync but it is okay to see .03v of deviation - if you have one battery at 14.8v during absorb and another at 14.1v or less then one of the batteries is out of spec and needs to be identified.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 7:33am On Mar 12, 2020
ceaser:

Okay. Thanks. 39 watts at lowest speed for a 16 inches fan is still on the high side in my opinion.

We agree
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 7:38am On Mar 12, 2020
ceaser:

I don't think so. The BMS used in that seems to be different from the type that can be connected in series. There is also another peculiarity of the BMS that I don't seem to get down with; something that has to do with "only grid power (and not solar) can start the BMS when it shuts off due to low voltage protection"

Maybe Ojeysky can shed more light on those, since he has been using that product for sometime now.

No it can't be connected in series. It can be powered by solar if you can get high amps from it. If the BMS trips due to low battery, don't reset the BMS until you have reasonable hervest (at least 5 to 10A), am off-grid and that's what I do everytime I have had a BMS trip. That said, it's better to avoid getting that low in the first place :-)
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Peterlove11: 8:11am On Mar 12, 2020
ojeysky:

No it can't be connected in series. It can be powered by solar if you can get high amps from it. If the BMS trips due to low battery, don't reset the BMS until you have reasonable hervest (at least 5 to 10A), am off-grid and that's what I do everytime I have had a BMS trip. That said, it's better to avoid getting that low in the first place :-)

Thanks for the clarification. How many hrs does it take to full charge?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 8:29am On Mar 12, 2020
Peterlove11:

Thanks for the clarification. How many hrs does it take to full charge?

It really depends on the charge rate since the rate for solar is not constant, but assuming charging from low status, typically within 8hrs if charging at minimum of 20A
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by durodee(m): 8:36am On Mar 12, 2020
Do you MANUALLY have to reset the BMS? I presume a low voltage cutoff means the system shuts down due to battery being disconnected to inverter. In an Axpert type of inverter system, the inbuilt CC depends on battery being available to power on and I connot but imagine the possibility that the sun will be shining and my system will be sitting dead while I am at work. Or is there something I am missing here

ojeysky:

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by nonso1992: 8:51am On Mar 12, 2020
mctfopt:

Most are still looking for the price, so I'll ask on their behalf, how much?

Will sell at 39k and 41 for 350 and 360 respectively

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Systrom(m): 8:54am On Mar 12, 2020
In soccer power inverter and Eastman inverter

Which one is better, long serving, long lasting and more durable please!
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Dam5reey(m): 9:24am On Mar 12, 2020
ojeysky:

803 0 six 3 3 two 02

Thanks, with the prices I got, Lithium is the way to go now..

I would rather save 100% more, and wait.. it only cost 2 times.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 10:23am On Mar 12, 2020
durodee:
Do you MANUALLY have to reset the BMS? I presume a low voltage cutoff means the system shuts down due to battery being disconnected to inverter. In an Axpert type of inverter system, the inbuilt CC depends on battery being available to power on and I connot but imagine the possibility that the sun will be shining and my system will be sitting dead while I am at work. Or is there something I am missing here

There are 2 things here:

1. Low voltage protect of the BMS, if and when this happens the BMS shutdown power from going out of the battery hence your inverter won't even come on. The idea is for you not to get to that stage by doing point 2 below, but if it happens, the reset button or hoping that a high solar current will be sufficient to wake up the BMS are the options

2. Voltage cut-off by the inverter, if this happens then no issues as the inverter is what has stopped output hence your battery still have juice in it and will be ready to receive charge whenever it comes up. I recommend this and currently have mine set to 24v.... unfortunately that is the highest cut-off voltage that I can set on my inverter (and I think this is applicable to most inverters).
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 10:45am On Mar 12, 2020
nonso1992:

Will sell at 39k and 41 for 350 and 360 respectively

Ok. Thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 10:48am On Mar 12, 2020
ojeysky:

There are 2 things here:

1. Low voltage protect of the BMS, if and when this happens the BMS shutdown power from going out of the battery hence your inverter won't even come on. The idea is for you not to get to that stage by doing point 2 below, but if it happens, the rest button or hoping that a high solar current will be sufficient to wake up the BMS are the options

2. Voltage cut-off by the inverter, if this happens then no issues as the inverter is what has stopped output hence your battery still have juice in it and will be ready to receive charge whenever it comes up. I recommend this and currently have mine set to 24v.... unfortunately that is the highest cut-off voltage that I can set on my inverter (and I think this is applicable to most inverters).

You can hit up to 2.5v per cell with no issue ie 10v without issue if it's a 3.2v lifepo4 cell.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 11:15am On Mar 12, 2020
mctfopt:

You can hit up to 2.5v per cell with no issue ie 10v without issue if it's a 3.2v lifepo4 cell.

Yes you can but I don't want to....I like to keep my usage within 90% and 10% DoD. Actually once your battery is below 3.12v per cell you would have already taken out over 80% of the juice in the battery.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 12:25pm On Mar 12, 2020
ojeysky:

Yes you can but I don't want to....I like to keep my usage within 90% and 10% DoD. Actually once your battery is below 3.12v per cell you would have already taken out over 80% of the juice in the battery.

Ok. That makes sense.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 3:13pm On Mar 12, 2020
ojeysky:

Thanks. I did chat the guy up and the downside was that requirement of grid to boost back the BMS in case it trips. My current pack isn't like that and the manufacturer indicated that it can be connected in series.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 3:32pm On Mar 12, 2020
durodee:

And not just that. Okay, assuming by some fluke other than Low Voltage Disconnect, the BMS trips off due to maybe something like High voltage protection or short circuit protection and this happens when the sun is high up in the sky, then your CC can get fried.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by durodee(m): 3:44pm On Mar 12, 2020
Concerning point 1 was my issue. While I fully understand the reset button scenario, my worry remained. How can my Cc charge at all if no power gets to it?
Possibly that was why only grid might be successful to wake it up on the event of a shutdown.
ojeysky:

There are 2 things here:

1. Low voltage protect of the BMS, if and when this happens the BMS shutdown power from going out of the battery hence your inverter won't even come on. The idea is for you not to get to that stage by doing point 2 below, but if it happens, the reset button or hoping that a high solar current will be sufficient to wake up the BMS are the options

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 3:46pm On Mar 12, 2020
D'you remember the LG battery TV of those days that got taken outta circulation?

There's another brand in the market from Polystar now with 28 inches offer of rechargeable TV and users have reported 5 hrs backup after full charge.

According to the specs, the battery capacity is 7,500mah.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 4:05pm On Mar 12, 2020
ceaser:
D'you remember the LG battery TV of those days that got taken outta circulation?

There's another brand in the market from Polystar now with 28 inches offer of rechargeable TV and users have reported 5 hrs backup after full charge.

According to the specs, the battery capacity is 7,500mah.
it doesn't make sense if u are watching with external devices like DVD, dstv, gotv e.t.c. external devices wouldn't be powered once utility light is gone!
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by eleojo23: 4:32pm On Mar 12, 2020
Valto:
it doesn't make sense if u are watching with external devices like DVD, dstv, gotv e.t.c. external devices wouldn't be powered once utility light is gone!

I was thinking same too.

But you can power your Gotv directly from your 12v battery. I have tried it and it works. I tried it with the new tiny decoder but it should also work for the old decoder.

If you have an android TV box, you can power it with a 12v to 5v USB converter, that is if the TV box works with 5V but if it's 12v, connect it like the Gotv.

Na the DVD be the problem. I am still looking for a DVD player with DC input but I really don't don't play DVD movies, USB ti take over.

The best still remains a DC TV in my opinion. The LG DC TV is quite good. The 26" version takes about 30W (the AC/DC adapter states 12v 3A) but I use it directly with the battery and it takes 2 hours for the 100ah AGM battery to drop from 12.8 to 12.7V.
So I can get about 12.5hrs before the battery gets to 12.1v which is my low voltage cuttoff. Although I have never gone down to 12.5v from fully charged state because there is no time to watch TV for that long at a stretch. cheesy

Note: The battery is mainly used for the TV. Gotv is powered from another battery.
The sound from the DC TV is nothing to write home about as expected for energy saving reasons so I connected the Gotv/Tvbox to a 40w rechargeable woofer. With that I don't need the TV's speakers.

4 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mcTrinity(m): 4:47pm On Mar 12, 2020
Good day house...

1) anyone has any technical view as to whether a Victron CC can be used with another type inverter. Have a client that's using Magnum inverter but need solar. Can't find Magnum CC (PT-100); looks like it's outta market. Next option I have is Victron SmartSolar CC, but I don't know if there'll be a downside using the Magnum inverter and Victron CC.

2) anyone here that has Automatic Transfer Switch for sale? I'll need like 4pcs

3) Biko, what's the difference between the Victron Multiplus and the Victron Quattro Inverters?

Thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Penuelseun(m): 5:10pm On Mar 12, 2020
eleojo23:

I was thinking same too.

But you can power your Gotv directly from your 12v battery. I have tried it and it works. I tried it with the new tiny decoder but it should also work for the old decoder.

If you have an android TV box, you can power it with a 12v to 5v USB converter, that is if the TV box works with 5V but if it's 12v, connect it like the Gotv.

Na the DVD be the problem. I am still looking for a DVD player with DC input but I really don't don't play DVD movies, USB ti take over.

The best still remains a DC TV in my opinion. The LG DC TV is quite good. The 26" version takes about 30W (the AC/DC adapter states 12v 3A) but I use it directly with the battery and it takes 2 hours for the 100ah AGM battery to drop from 12.8 to 12.7V.
So I can get about 12.5hrs before the battery gets to 12.1v which is my low voltage cuttoff. Although I have never gone done to 12.5v from fully charged state because there is no time to watch TV for that long. cheesy

Note: The battery is mainly used for the TV. Gotv is powered from another battery.

You can use a 5v input for your DVD if you can tweak the power panel

(1) (2) (3) ... (690) (691) (692) (693) (694) (695) (696) ... (1783) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.