Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,643 members, 7,878,858 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 08:31 AM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (699) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2172874 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (696) (697) (698) (699) (700) (701) (702) ... (1762) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Oshomo12(m): 8:13pm On Mar 18, 2020
Systrom:
Quick question on inverters

Charging my inverter batteries from the grid / mains (PHCN) while using a prepaid meter will be consuming my meter token/units very fast.

And charging with a generator will be burning fuel and still end up reducing / weakening battery life.

So what’s actually the purpose of inverters? As either way, it’s costly and you end up losing

Hello, sorry I really don't get ur point!

Going/using solar, we don't expect u to be charging ur batteries with phcn light/token or burning fossil fuel. It's for u to charge of ur 'life".
And which ever way u look at it, u must spend money, like it or leave it. Even in darkness, u spend more!

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 8:57pm On Mar 18, 2020
Abigai:
Ojesky, I live in Minna Niger State, please can u help me get a trusted person that get this 12v, 34watts, 56" ceiling fan from Lagos, I Was told the price is around N15,500 and N13,000..

Am interested!
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by eleojo23: 9:00pm On Mar 18, 2020
ojeysky:

Am interested!
cheesy
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mcTrinity(m): 9:37pm On Mar 18, 2020
Saipro:

Available

Call/WhatsApp O8O396l2l47

You're not responding to your chat o

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by BetaTechnicians: 11:05pm On Mar 18, 2020
mctfopt:

Just reporting what a seller said. Not in any way associated with said seller. In open market, any seller can sell at whatever price he likes. The onus now falls on the buyer to buy or not. Also most of these sellers ain't that educated, so I won't be surprised if he is giving me wrong info.
That's why I said the market is free, and also open, anyone can sell at preferred prices, buyers are also free to choose from suitable options.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 7:30am On Mar 19, 2020
adrusa:
I'm on my way to join the Lithium family. Expecting my delivery from JEMAG tomorrow. Thanks to Ojesky for the link.
Now they are showing their face. grin

Mr man, you are one of those that did panic buying of lithium battery from that guy. breeze don blow fowl nyansh open cheesy

I spoke with him to get info on his offers and 2 days later when I had the chance to forward money to him he told me he's sold out. I just deflate. I was like WTF! cheesy

Guys, people are going lithium now o. So wake up.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 7:35am On Mar 19, 2020
Abigai:
Ojesky, I live in Minna Niger State, please can u help me get a trusted person that get this 12v, 34watts, 56" ceiling fan from Lagos, I Was told the price is around N15,500 and N13,000..
I'm not sure Ojeysky is a marketer o. He's a consumer like us. I stand to be corrected o.

Justcallmenuel will do justice to sale and delivery for you.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 7:37am On Mar 19, 2020
ojeysky:

Am interested!
grin grin
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Abigai(f): 9:21am On Mar 19, 2020
ceaser:

I'm not sure Ojeysky is a marketer o. He's a consumer like us. I stand to be corrected o.

Justcallmenuel will do justice to sale and delivery for you.
please bros connect me to the the guy...
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by eleojo23: 9:23am On Mar 19, 2020
ceaser:

Now they are showing their face. grin

Mr man, you are one of those that did panic buying of lithium battery from that guy. breeze don blow fowl nyansh open cheesy

I spoke with him to get info on his offers and 2 days later when I had the chance to forward money to him he told me he's sold out. I just deflate. I was like WTF! cheesy

Guys, people are going lithium now o. So wake up.

I wanted to start with a small unit but the Corona thingy ruined my plans so migrating might be next year for me. Money no dey stay one place you know. cheesy
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by saint2ace(m): 9:34am On Mar 19, 2020
adrusa:
I'm on my way to join the Lithium family. Expecting my delivery from JEMAG tomorrow. Thanks to Ojesky for the link.

Hello did you get delivery of ur battery as anticipated?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 10:23am On Mar 19, 2020
Abigai:
please bros connect me to the the guy...

Guy's on this thread. Moniker is Justcallmenuel

Number is sero hate one sis hate nine hate sis four sis one

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 4:50pm On Mar 19, 2020
So I have a friend that needs lead acid, after my effort to convince on lithium route did not succeed cheesy
Anyone know a good "middle class"(cost related) 200AH battery should kindly recommend?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 4:53pm On Mar 19, 2020
eleojo23:

I wanted to start with a small unit but the Corona thingy ruined my plans so migrating might be next year for me. Money no dey stay one place you know. cheesy

Why? How? Shipments still get in from China. What's the main blocker?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by unicmarket: 5:21pm On Mar 19, 2020
We make sales and delivery of batteries, inverters and solar panels across Lagos ( free delivery ) in for the next 7 days
we sell quality tubular batteries with 18 months warranty and dry cell batteries comes with at least 1 year warranty
make your orders today and get delivery in less than 24hrs
call or whatsapp on 08031138665
www.jekitech.com

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by tchijioke: 5:48pm On Mar 19, 2020
Systrom:
Quick question on inverters

...So what’s actually the purpose of inverters? As either way, it’s costly and you end up losing

The need for a more Comfortable life...people use Power Generators not because it comes cheaper than staying in total blackout awaiting PHCN to restore power supply...but they do so because they want to be in control of their life...but the truth is if you have used Generators as your source of power backup when you eventually use inverters and then solar ...its a promise your first "Temptation" will be to increase your power storage/ generating capacity...the next would be to sell off your Generator...

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by vicarsenal(m): 7:04pm On Mar 19, 2020
Any installer in Ekiti State here?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by queenfav(f): 7:43pm On Mar 19, 2020
Good evening,i have a question please.There hasn't been light for almost 4 days now.We have been charging with the little sun that comes plus gen.My husband is saying our batteries are dying.That the battery voltage on the e p e ver charge controller showed 26.4v as it was charging with just solar by 3pm today.We weren't home and when we came back by 7.The battery voltage has gone down to 25.1v without anything or load being on in our absence.Also what should we rely on to know the exact and true battery level.is it d inverter led indicator or d charge controller voltage?Please don't waka pass, cos i have been assuring him that the poor sunshine these days,plus d small 3-4 hrs we run our big gen cant really give a strong charge Today the cc generated just 2kwh .Pls what do u guys think.For him,he is already panicking in how he may need to replace d batteries soon, that it's not lasting.

Also please how can we manage the situation where thrs no light and also achieve not using more than 50% dod.We want our batteries to serve us for at least 3 years before we replace it.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 8:03pm On Mar 19, 2020
320w Top solar panel is still available, #38000. Call/WhatsApp us on 08168986461

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 8:22pm On Mar 19, 2020
vicarsenal:
Any installer in Ekiti State here?

You can pm me. - FWIW am not an installer but can advice on how I go about my set-ups.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by eleojo23: 8:35pm On Mar 19, 2020
ojeysky:

Why? How? Shipments still get in from China. What's the main blocker?
Yeah, items are shipping out now but I had the money during the heat of the virus crisis. I couldn't order because of fear of logistic problems.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 8:45pm On Mar 19, 2020
queenfav:
Good evening,i have a question please.There hasn't been light for almost 4 days now.We have been charging with the little sun that comes plus gen.My husband is saying our batteries are dying.That the battery voltage on the e p e ver charge controller showed 26.4v as it was charging with just solar by 3pm today.We weren't home and when we came back by 7.The battery voltage has gone down to 25.1v without anything or load being on in our absence.Also what should we rely on to know the exact and true battery level.is it d inverter led indicator or d charge controller voltage?Please don't waka pass, cos i have been assuring him that the poor sunshine these days,plus d small 3-4 hrs we run our big gen cant really give a strong charge Today the cc generated just 2kwh .Pls what do u guys think.For him,he is already panicking in how he may need to replace d batteries soon, that it's not lasting.

Also please how can we manage the situation where thrs no light and also achieve not using more than 50% dod.We want our batteries to serve us for at least 3 years before we replace it.

you didnt provide enough details.
how many batts, total panels you have, cc type?.
total avg daily load etc. inverter spec/type. when last did you clean your panels, seems you are in lagos or ph?..sun is good in many places

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by eleojo23: 8:50pm On Mar 19, 2020
queenfav:

It is normal for battery voltage to rise above 26v when it's been charged but as it sits for a while with no charge current coming in or if a load is applied, it settles down to about 25.4v or thereabout. From my research, the 25.1V you see on the voltmeter is about 90-80% state of charge.

To your second question, if you want it to charge faster, you need to add more solar panels. Just make sure you do not exceed the number of panels the charge controller can handle.
I recommend you do this because you'll have less sunshine and more cloudy days with the coming of the rainy season. It's generally a bad idea to under-charge or leave batteries in a discharged or partially charged state for long.

The gurus may have more to add cheesy

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by queenfav(f): 9:18pm On Mar 19, 2020
earthrealm:

you didnt provide enough details.
how many batts, total panels you have, cc type?.
total avg daily load etc. inverter spec/type. when last did you clean your panels, seems you are in lagos or ph?..sun is good in many places
I am.in ph.The panels are not dirty cos it rains here and that washes off dust from it.our set up is as follows
-

2 pcs 200ah mpower battery
4 pcs 300w mono panels
prag pure sine wave 2.5kva inverter
40a epev er mppt charge controller

please how many more panels do u think we should add to the setup to achieve a fast charge this rainy season?Total average daily load is-

Either hisense tv of 200w or hisense fridge 150w
(we don't use both at once)
2 Fans -55w each
lights approx-48w
Electric fence charge controller-15w
Hood range/chimney (occasionally used during d day-218w
gotv -30w (not on always)
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by queenfav(f): 9:21pm On Mar 19, 2020
eleojo23:

It is normal for battery voltage to rise above 26v when it's been charged but as it sits for a while with no charge current coming in or if a load is applied, it settles down to about 25.4v or thereabout. From my research, the 25.1V you see on the voltmeter is about 90-80% state of charge.

To your second question, if you want it to charge faster, you need to add more solar panels. Just make sure you do not exceed the number of panels the charge controller can handle.
I recommend you do this because you'll have less sunshine and more cloudy days with the coming of the rainy season. It's generally a bad idea to under-charge or leave batteries in a discharged or partially charged state for long.

The gurus may have more to add cheesy
Thanks for always coming to my rescue with your insightful replies.I appreciate bro.You know when an Igbo man brings out 700k for solar setup,no be small expectation o...He will monitor his investment well.On the issue of more panels,we have been thinking of doing more panels,pls how many do u think we can add based on the info i provided above.I would also appreciate tips and practices on how to ensure a good battery life always.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by harizonal123(m): 9:34pm On Mar 19, 2020
queenfav:

From 26.4v to 25.1v within 4 hours without applying load... Your battery is almost gone. Prepare for replacement. Been using my solar system for eight months now. It hardly reads 25.1v even after using it overnight

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by queenfav(f): 9:40pm On Mar 19, 2020
harizonal123:

From 26.4v to 25.1v within 4 hours without applying load... Your battery is almost gone. Prepare for replacement. Been using my solar system for eight months now. It hardly reads 25.1v even after using it overnight
i doubt that's d case cos we have been having no light for four days now and have only been partially charging for 3 days now with d small sun that's available.It was just today we used gen to charge small.Wondering if its cos of lack of full charge.When its fully charged,we use it well without much discharge.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by harizonal123(m): 9:50pm On Mar 19, 2020
queenfav:
i doubt that's d case cos we have been having no light for four days now and have only been partially charging for 3 days now with d small sun that's available.It was just today we used gen to charge small.Wondering if its cos of lack of full charge.When its fully charged,we use it well without much discharge.
There is no day I don't get a full charge. Even before before 12noon it has already entered float charging. I guess your system was poorly designed
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Dam5reey(m): 9:50pm On Mar 19, 2020
queenfav:
I am.in ph.The panels are not dirty cos it rains here and that washes off dust from it.our set up is as follows
-

2 pcs 200ah mpower battery
4 pcs 300w mono panels
prag pure sine wave 2.5kva inverter
40a epev er mppt charge controller

please how many more panels do u think we should add to the setup to achieve a fast charge this rainy season?Total average daily load is-

Either hisense tv of 200w or hisense fridge 150w
(we don't use both at once)
2 Fans -55w each
lights approx-48w
Electric fence charge controller-15w
Hood range/chimney (occasionally used during d day-218w
gotv -30w (not on always)

Like someone was about complaining about solar on the previous page. That why waste money on charging..

My neighbors wonder how I use power 24/7, I don't own a generator..

It's all start with energy efficient Appliances..

Since you can see how much power you generate, you must size your consumption to that if you get generate 2KWH it mean you can only use 1.8Kwh.

Or you can apply this simple Rule, 1 batteries that is 12V 200AH must not be loaded over 100Watts..
In your case you must put a load more than 200watts on the inverter.

I tell people Solar is expensive oo grin
Before they start thinking of it..

I currently use 2(100Ah 12V batteries), Solar 540watts, I generate average 1.3KW that's about 50% of my battery capacity, it mean I have 1.2kw usage per day even if there is no power..

I have meters attached to to batteries reading Input and out, So I it measures all current including inverter idle consumption.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by queenfav(f): 9:57pm On Mar 19, 2020
harizonal123:

There is no day I don't get a full charge. Even before before 12noon it has already entered float charging. I guess your system was poorly designed
what's ur location.And also i know size and numbers of panels matters too.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by queenfav(f): 9:59pm On Mar 19, 2020
Dam5reey:

Like someone was about complaining about solar on the previous page. That why waste money on charging..

My neighbors wonder how I use power 24/7, I don't own a generator..

It's all start with energy efficient Appliances..

Since you can see how much power you generate, you must size your consumption to that if you get generate 2KWH it mean you can only use 1.8Kwh.

Or you can apply this simple Rule, 1 batteries that is 12V 200AH must not be loaded over 100Watts..
In your case you must put a load more than 200watts on the inverter.

I tell people Solar is expensive oo grin
Before they start thinking of it..

I currently use 2(100Ah 12V batteries), Solar 540watts, I generate average 1.3KW that's about 50% of my battery capacity, it mean I have 1.2kw usage per day even if there is no power..

I have meters attached to to batteries reading Input and out, So I it measures all current including inverter idle consumption.
u are right bro.We have to minimize heavy loads on it.pls how much did u get the battery meter?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Dam5reey(m): 10:04pm On Mar 19, 2020
queenfav:
u are right bro.We have to minimize heavy loads on it.pls how much did u get the battery meter?

I can't really remember, I got them from eBay for a long time over 2 years

(1) (2) (3) ... (696) (697) (698) (699) (700) (701) (702) ... (1762) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: saint2ace(m), obitobe, AllyPolly, Mud3x(m), fyinka47(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.