Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,867 members, 7,872,883 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 02:01 AM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (858) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2164504 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (855) (856) (857) (858) (859) (860) (861) ... (1757) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by saint2ace(m): 2:23pm On Sep 28, 2020
durodee:
I have scrap batteries for sale.
There is a total of 16 batteries now
200amps x10 of Ritar/Genus
200amps Abrojets x2
220amps Mercury x 2
165amps Emerson slimx2
Contact 081-63-00-71-59
Transport at buyers cost please.

Adding pictures of your items may fast track Ur sales... Just my 2kobo....
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by adrusa: 3:31pm On Sep 28, 2020
@ Ojeysky and others.

This is the point I was making about battery banks in parallels. Each of the battery behaves as if it is the only battery in the bank for charging and discharging. As you can see from this picture, one of my batteries is a laggard for reasons I'm yet to understand. It charges and discharges slowly relative to the other two. But once the other two complete their charging, the laggard in the middle start charging at a faster rate while the other ones are either at 0 or very low rate.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 4:51pm On Sep 28, 2020
First come-First serve!

All brand new but rarely used items:

Unilite 12v 200a battery (1 unit).... 70k SOLD!
Unilite 225w 72 cells mono panel (2 units) ... 55k
60a pwm LCD solar controller ..... 22k
Mercury 2.4kva 24v inverter "Neatly used" ... 39k SOLD!
Luminous plastic battery rack trolley .... 15k

Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL:: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: https:///2348170385620

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 5:58pm On Sep 28, 2020
adrusa:
@ Ojeysky and others.

This is the point I was making about battery banks in parallels. Each of the battery behaves as if it is the only battery in the bank for charging and discharging. As you can see from this picture, one of my batteries is a laggard for reasons I'm yet to understand. It charges and discharges slowly relative to the other two. But once the other two complete their charging, the laggard in the middle start charging at a faster rate while the other ones are either at 0 or very low rate.

Section highlighted is actually a problem, so imagine you have set your charge rate to 80A with a BMS that has a max of 50A and initially that will be divided across the battery banks but after the other banks in parallel are done, the whole 80A goes to that single bank that is not yet fully charge. Also computing SOC across banks and voltage difference determination would also be more complicated when you have multiple ANT BMS in parallel especially if you don't have an external device at the edge(like BMV) to take that log.
This is why i prefer to put my cells in parallel into a single bank with a single BMS controlling things, instead of doing the parallel at bank level I go the cell level route. Though i will ofcourse advice to do that for max of 3 cells (its 2 in my case).
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 9:01pm On Sep 28, 2020
ojeysky:

Yeah it's now 560AH, yet to determine actual capacity. If I get minimum of 500AH before BMS lvd then that will be a win

From 200 to 560. Good upgrade.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by adrusa: 9:07pm On Sep 28, 2020
ojeysky:

Section highlighted is actually a problem, so imagine you have set your charge rate to 80A with a BMS that has a max of 50A and initially that will be divided across the battery banks but after the other banks in parallel are done, the whole 80A goes to that single bank that is not yet fully charge. Also computing SOC across banks and voltage difference determination would also be more complicated when you have multiple ANT BMS in parallel especially if you don't have an external device at the edge(like BMV) to take that log.
This is why i prefer to put my cells in parallel into a single bank with a single BMS controlling things, instead of doing the parallel at bank level I go the cell level route. Though i will ofcourse advice to do that for max of 3 cells (its 2 in my case).

Bolded! That is not how battery charging works. Irrespective of how much current is available, batteries will take just what it needs based on its state of charge. Unless you have a dumb charger that does not respond to battery's internal resistance and voltage. As at time that battery was taking in 6A, my solar setup can supply up to 90A.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 9:20pm On Sep 28, 2020
adrusa:

Bolded! That is not how battery charging works. Irrespective of how much current is available, [b]batteries will take just what it needs based on its state of charge. [/b]Unless you have a dumb charger that does not respond to battery's internal resistance and voltage. As at time that battery was taking in 6A, my solar setup can supply up to 90A.

Good thing is that your batteries were charging at relatively closer SOC, the scenario I painted is where the SOC of the batteries differs. You may say it's almost impossible but who knows.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dapsyra(m): 9:45pm On Sep 28, 2020
This issue is usually caused by mismatched total resistance (battery internal resistance plus wire resistance) of each respective bank. The higher resistance bank will lag behind. That is why is it best practice to use wires same gauge and length when connecting batteries in parallel. It is also advisable to use busbar if you must parallel more than two banks.

adrusa:
@ Ojeysky and others.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 10:17pm On Sep 28, 2020
ceaser:

From 200 to 560. Good upgrade.

It feels good my brother, through not sure my account balance will agree wink

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Oshomo12(m): 6:03am On Sep 29, 2020
ojeysky:

It feels good my brother, through not sure my account balance will agree wink

Congrats on ur upgrade

Yelloo, when will you do a capacity test of your bank? Let's know what their real AH is, may not be precise, but just a rough estimate. I am expecting nothing less than 520ah from it. With this, we can say you have a/close to grade A cells.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by JUO(m): 6:50am On Sep 29, 2020
32' 12vdc/ac 220v/15w few pcs available @60k
0809-87337-09

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 6:51am On Sep 29, 2020
Oshomo12:

Congrats on ur upgrade

Yelloo, when will you do a capacity test of your bank? Let's know what their real AH is, may not be precise, but just a rough estimate. I am expecting nothing less than 520ah from it. With this, we can say you have a/close to grade A cells.

I actually tried this the first day but men having the capacity to discharge faster was the pro, round the clock I could only get to 250AH discharge by morning and I could not risk not getting the sunlight juice the next morning.
Nevertheless I will certainly dedicate a day when I will be fully home to do this, am curious to know as well wink
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by adrusa: 8:04am On Sep 29, 2020
ojeysky:

I actually tried this the first day but men having the capacity to discharge faster was the pro, round the clock I could only get to 250AH discharge by morning and I could not risk not getting the sunlight juice the next morning.
Nevertheless I will certainly dedicate a day when I will be fully home to do this, am curious to know as well wink

I will suggest you let it happen naturally when you have extended outage. But, be prepared to juice it back with generator if necessary.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by eleojo23: 9:31am On Sep 29, 2020
JUO:
32' 12vdc/ac 220v/15w few pcs available @60k 0809-87337-09
Is it really full hd?
Does it have "audio out" or earphone port?
I believe it has a power adapter too, right?

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 10:07am On Sep 29, 2020
adrusa:

I will suggest you let it happen naturally when you have extended outage. But, be prepared to juice it back with generator if necessary.

Yeah looks like that's what is gonna be the plan. I am confident though that it will be close or exceed capacity; at about 250AH I was still at 26.4v under a 12A load.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by JUO(m): 10:23am On Sep 29, 2020
eleojo23:

Is it really full hd?

Does it have "audio out" or earphone port?

I believe it has a power adapter too, right?
I don't have means of confirming the resolution yet, it has a power adapter. Not checked the port yet too

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Oshomo12(m): 11:49am On Sep 29, 2020
ojeysky:

Yeah looks like that's what is gonna be the plan. I am confident though that it will be close or exceed capacity; at about 250AH I was still at 26.4v under a 12A load.

Okay, but anytime you do it, just prepare your mind that u may/will use your gen to also charged up. Your panels will sweat that day!
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 12:29pm On Sep 29, 2020
ojeysky:

I hear custom now charges significant amount for international orders placed on Jumia, you will see the estimated cost on checkout though

the first time i saw the hefty charges i thought something was wrong with jumia servers and had to write them a note.
up till today, no reply and it has been like that ever since. imagine buying something worth 2,640 and using over 5k
to ship it. that means if you buy a product worth like 50k, just be prepared to use over 100k to bring it to your house.
how gross!

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 12:51pm On Sep 29, 2020
GeorgeD1:

the first time i saw the hefty charges i thought something was wrong with jumia servers and had to write them a note.
up till today, no reply and it has been like that ever since. imagine buying something worth 2,640 and using over 5k
to ship it. that means if you buy a product worth like 50k, just be prepared to use over 100k to bring it to your house.
how gross!

Easy way to kill e-commerce in naija, when I wanted to order my sonoff R3 basic I was amazed at the shipping charges, had to head for AliExpress
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by odimbannamdi(m): 12:56pm On Sep 29, 2020
ojeysky:

I hear custom now charges significant amount for international orders placed on Jumia, you will see the estimated cost on checkout though

I just confirmed so. More than 100% of the actual price of the item. I no buy again. I will use Aliexpress instead.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by odimbannamdi(m): 12:57pm On Sep 29, 2020
ojeysky:

Easy way to kill e-commerce in naija, when I wanted to order my sonoff R3 basic I was amazed at the shipping charges, had to head for AliExpress

My thoughts too. Afterall, item will most likely spend same time in transit using either routes.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Lovelynife(m): 1:34pm On Sep 29, 2020
odimbannamdi:

I just confirmed so. More than 100% of the actual price of the item. I no buy again. I will use Aliexpress instead.
And I never buy my pulse repair charger ooo. please anybody here that want to order or sell his own ooo

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by durodee(m): 3:13pm On Sep 29, 2020
Noted for next batch. Present batch sold off today.
saint2ace:

Adding pictures of your items may fast track Ur sales... Just my 2kobo....
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by durodee(m): 3:22pm On Sep 29, 2020
Thank you sir!
The battery hooked up this morning for it's first day of service in a new husband's house! grin

Nice doing business with ojeyski, more will surely follow. Happened that looking through his post made me realize say I might do upgrade myself soon! Lol!!!
By the way, a liver and two parathyroids for sale.............. anybody interested?

mctfopt:

Congratulations to you and the lucky buyer. Win win for e everyone cool

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by essegis(m): 3:33pm On Sep 29, 2020
durodee:
Thank you sir!
The battery hooked up this morning for it's first day of service in a new husband's house! grin

Nice doing business with ojeyski, more will surely follow. Happened that looking through his post made me realize say I might do upgrade myself soon! Lol!!!
By the way, a liver and two parathyroids for sale.............. anybody interested?

Baba, snap the set up, is it for mouth alone. And while you're at it kindly also snap the items for sale. X-ray shots not allowed angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Omachona: 3:40pm On Sep 29, 2020
Good afternoon house.
Please I am using car battery and I want to ask the following questions.

1. Can I charge the battery to 14 volts or what
voltage should I stop?

2. Under load, at what voltage should I
disconnect the battery?

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 3:41pm On Sep 29, 2020
durodee:
Thank you sir!

That's awesome. Welcome to the LFP family�

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 3:44pm On Sep 29, 2020
Omachona:
Good afternoon house.
Please I am using car battery and I want to ask the following questions.

1. Can I charge the battery to 14 volts or what
voltage should I stop?

2. Under load, at what voltage should I
disconnect the battery?

Check the battery specification sheet to find out how much voltage you can charge the batteries to. Your inverter should be able to cut off the battery if it drains to the cut off point.

Ideally you are not supposed to use a car battery to power up inverter. But if one has a car battery and is not using it for any other thing, then you just gotta use it for this.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 3:52pm On Sep 29, 2020
Make people con buy these victron BMVs na

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 3:54pm On Sep 29, 2020
durodee:
Thank you sir!

Hehehehe.... it depends on the kind of upgrade o because that may not be enough in some cases grin take care of the chap
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by IYGEAL(m): 4:39pm On Sep 29, 2020
ojeysky:

Fortunately, such exorbitant charges are not prevalent in AliExpress. But the FG really needs to be calming down
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Lovelynife(m): 5:17pm On Sep 29, 2020
IYGEAL:

Fortunately, such exorbitant charges are not prevalent in AliExpress. But the FG really needs to be calming down
but some are complaining of the customs fee on aliexpress too

(1) (2) (3) ... (855) (856) (857) (858) (859) (860) (861) ... (1757) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.