Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,131 members, 7,880,541 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 08:39 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 - Travel (336) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (718268 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (333) (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) ... (432) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by mayowa94: 9:02pm On Nov 13, 2017
how years will be stamped on a student visa? first degree, msc nd PHD
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by sospunky: 9:30pm On Nov 13, 2017
Welldone o...my good NL family.
Please what do you think of Regent University.Hope it's not a red flag school?
Thank u
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by LagosismyHome(f): 9:50pm On Nov 13, 2017
mayowa94:
how years will be stamped on a student visa? first degree, msc nd PHD

The no of years stamp is not so relevant/important as such..... the more important thing is that the student remains in status at all time

So if you are in the US and remain in status then for example if the Visa stamp is 2 years but the program is 4 years .As long as the i20 and the student is in status that fine. Also on the flip side if the visa is valid for 2 years but the student doesnt attend school and falls out of status then that 2 years visa stamp doesnt mean anything or is off no use

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by bonishapiro(m): 9:51pm On Nov 13, 2017
Chukason1:

open the person profile... you will see send email ... then press send ... the person has to accept it then conversation starts...

Noted thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by akin3102(m): 10:16pm On Nov 13, 2017
Except you are willingly to pay for the wire transfer but it takes day to see transaction.
lasthero:

Is it possible to fund a dollar account domicile in Nigeria?, if yes, I will need it
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Josh4wod: 11:05pm On Nov 13, 2017
LagosismyHome:

Your waec or secondary school transcript matters as well... if all are good coupled with a high SAT that increase your chances of scholarship. Target schools that give full ride scholarships to international students
Thanks a lot Ma
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Sanctus1(m): 11:06pm On Nov 13, 2017
lagos is my home pls help,big francis and co,...i got a b.sc in biochemistry,am going for another degree in med lab which will take two years to complete.,,what's the way forward?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by LagosismyHome(f): 6:12am On Nov 14, 2017
Sanctus1:
lagos is my home pls help,big francis and co,...i got a b.sc in biochemistry,am going for another degree in med lab which will take two years to complete.,,what's the way forward?

Well you can try and hope for the best ....i would have aimed for masters instead of another BSC
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by aktoxine: 6:51am On Nov 14, 2017
Thanks boss!

sobastical:

I can help

presently december 11 is available
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Sgttanner: 7:20am On Nov 14, 2017
Hello house , i Applied for a visitin visa around around June and then , I had a partime job coupled with my business but I decided to filled in the business I do as my job on my ds16o cos I feel it can stand as a source of strong tie but I was denied, but now I am applying for a F1 visa , and I am applying to a course relating to my first degree and my partime job, now I want to if it's advisable to change my job to my partime in order to make me talk more about my choice of course of study,and also if it's not going to bring about a red flag... please I need your candid advice as my interview date is near
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by presh68(f): 7:24am On Nov 14, 2017
Good day nairalanders, I have a friend who is planning not to take bank statements for her interview,according to her they rarely ask for bank statement in student visa interview, I wanted to discourage but I felt it was better I got opinion from everyone.Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by alexandersherif: 7:47am On Nov 14, 2017
presh68:
Good day nairalanders, I have a friend who is planning not to take bank statements for her interview,according to her they rarely ask for bank statement in student visa interview, I wanted to discourage but I felt it was better I got opinion from everyone.Thanks

Don't discourage her.....it part of what she should take along.....the V.O might ask
Ireooo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Jrevelation(m): 8:10am On Nov 14, 2017
Any one from the department of Adult education please try to contact me...

I will need your help pls
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Kukaman: 8:10am On Nov 14, 2017
Hello house, I had a degree(online) from the UK and want to do my MSc in the states. I want the house to assist with schools that offer GA and tuition free or reduced tuition fee to max of $15k. I actually got an admission to a school whose fees in totality is $34k but considering a cheaper one. Please assist.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by HonNellymike12(m): 8:25am On Nov 14, 2017
Kukaman:
Hello house, I had a degree(online) from the UK and want to do my MSc in the states. I want the house to assist with schools that offer GA and tuition free or reduced tuition fee to max of $15k. I actually got an admission to a school whose fees in totality is $34k but considering a cheaper one. Please assist.

My two cents, check st ambrose university, iowa, tuition fee is $16k.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Sgttanner: 9:00am On Nov 14, 2017
Sgttanner:
Hello house , i Applied for a visitin visa around around June and then , I had a partime job coupled with my business but I decided to filled in the business I do as my job on my ds16o cos I feel it can stand as a source of strong tie but I was denied, but now I am applying for a F1 visa , and I am applying to a course relating to my first degree and my partime job, now I want to if it's advisable to change my job to my partime in order to make me talk more about my choice of course of study,and also if it's not going to bring about a red flag... please I need your candid advice as my interview date is near
gurus in the house.. please I need your contributions
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by evelynne20: 9:40am On Nov 14, 2017
Good morning Nairaland family... I really need ur advice on my case. Was denied visa twice last semester so I deferred my admission .now I have decided to continue d process so I can go for interview by December only for d school to email me that I applied late that I should renew for fall 2018..the issue here is my mum wants me to go for interview dis year, she doesn't want me to waste time. Do you think I should apply to another school so I can go for interview by December or just chill till next year...ur comment will be highly appreciated. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by presh68(f): 9:53am On Nov 14, 2017
presh68:
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by LagosismyHome(f): 9:58am On Nov 14, 2017
presh68:

While they rarely ask (although change happens and maybe it now going to be frequently asked )

it best to take it along because if they ask and she doesnt have it that wont be a good thing......... I personally wont take that risk

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by jamoyakz: 11:14am On Nov 14, 2017
hello people.... a quick question please can someone be interviewed in Lagos and collect his or her passport in Abuja if approved? please it's urgent
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Sgttanner: 11:34am On Nov 14, 2017
Sgttanner:
someone should pease look into this @lagosismyhome @bigfrancis @deetus @imperoux
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by aktoxine: 11:47am On Nov 14, 2017
Hi Guys,

I missed my appointment yesterday and tried to reschedule today. Suprisingly, November 16th, 20th and 21st are all available in Lagos. I dont have to wait till December grin

I don't know if its because i am rescheduling or not.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by goodemma20(m): 11:57am On Nov 14, 2017
evelynne20:
Good morning Nairaland family... I really need ur advice on my case. Was denied visa twice last semester so I deferred my admission .now I have decided to continue d process so I can go for interview by December only for d school to email me that I applied late that I should renew for fall 2018..the issue here is my mum wants me to go for interview dis year, she doesn't want me to waste time. Do you think I should apply to another school so I can go for interview by December or just chill till next year...ur comment will be highly appreciated. Thanks

spring admission has already closed for most schools. Even if you did see a school that application is still open, waiting for admission decision and processing i20 will still take a lot of time.Time is simply not on your side
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by beloved84: 12:05pm On Nov 14, 2017
falanaseyi:
Hi guys, my f1 visa interview was yesterday at 6:30am and it was approved miraculously. I was interviewed by a fresh looking friendly dude and was first on his counter. Me walking towards his counter with so much confidence but very scared inside of me.

ME: Good Morning (with a soft smile) and stretching my passport towards the space unconsciously without waiting for him to ask.
VO: Good Morning (looking so serious), receives my passport and asks for my i-20.
ME: How are you today (soft smile trying to gather some confidence) and passing on the i-20 to him.
VO: I'm fine. Thank you (me feeling more relaxed by his response)
VO: Why MBA? (typing and typing and looking at my i-20)
ME: I believe with my current level of technicality, an MBA will bridge the gap between mere technicality and leadership and the core business thereby making me a complete and competent manager. (shocked at him asking this as a first question)
VO: Whats your work? (still typing and looking at my i-20)
ME: I'm a network engineer (a bit relaxed)
VO: Explain your work (now take a break from typing and looking straight at me)
ME: My major job role is general network administration, I also attend to customer issues remotely and on-site (me quoting all i filled in my work experience page on ds-160 and a bit relax and keeping 100% eye contact)
VO: What do you as network administration? (still looking at me)
ME: I configure routers, radios etc...(me shocked in my mind at the question)
VO: Explain a star network (typing and typing)
ME: A star network is such that there is a central hub/station bla..bla...bla...(Me sooooo shocked to be asked such a question and getting more tensed)
VO: Did you apply to other schools?
ME: Yes I applied to 2 other schools, uni of Pittsburgh in Pittsburgh and uni of Bridgeport in Connecticut. (a bit relaxed again)
VO: How many admissions did you get? (typing and looking at me)
ME: I got just one admission from Lincoln University which has always been my first choice, the other 2 are yet to be decided and communicated across to me. (me gathering more confidence)
VO: Did you write a standardized test?
ME: Yes i took test of English as a foreign language (me feeling cool and confident again)
VO: What was your score?
ME: I scored an 89 (feeling so cool)
VO: What was your *fast fast talk*
ME: Sorry, can you repeat yourself? (now feeling a bit tensed)
VO: What was your score breakdown?
ME: I honestly can not remember the exact breakdown but i can only remember i had my least score in speaking which was 20. (now i felt very foolish at my answer feeling like i have failed, at this point, on the background, i could hear other VOs rejection speech, i was soooo tensed)
VO: How do you intend to pay your fees?
ME: My father {full name} is sponsoring me.
VO: What does your father do?
ME: He is the CEO of {company name}
VO: What does his company do?
ME: His company in into bla...bla..blaa (a bit confident again)
VO: What will you do when you finish your studies?
ME: I will come back to Nigeria and resume back at my current place of work (with so much confidence)
VO: What do you mean...by resuming back?
ME: I am on a study leave (confidently)
VO: Oh.....back to your current job role?
ME: No, I must have been qualified for a top job role after completion of my study in Lincoln University.
VO: What top job role will you take up at work place? (looking seriously at me)
ME: Well..i do not know. That will be left for the management to decide but I am pretty sure it will be a managerial role (a bit tensed again hearing another rejection speech on the background)
VO: What position do you wish to take up?
ME: IT manager (i had to think this out in milliseconds, feeling so uncomfortable why the questions keep coming but never lost focus of the eye contact)
VO: typing and typing and typing for maybe 30 seconds, places his hand on my passport and keeps somewhere next to him.
ME: at this point all on my mind was *white paper, white paper, whiter paper, white paper........still keeping the eye contact
VO: suddenly pulls out the white paper, checks his computer for something, circles a part of the white paper and finally makes the speech.....your visa...bla...bla...bla, you will receive a text or email when your passport is ready, pick it up from the location I have circled for you on the paper, make sure you also go with your i-20 when going for your passport.
ME: Thank you (still in shock but keeping the eye contact), receives the paper and look at it briefly feeling sooooo cool.
ME: Have a great day! (thumbs up) and walks out!

Congratulations!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by bayodek: 12:09pm On Nov 14, 2017
LagosismyHome:

I will find time for you for spring... but note i do not give visa and it doesnt mean working with me will always bring sucess

Hello @lagosismyhome, please i would like you to review my transcript and also prepare me. my name is kehinde from abuja
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Sharles: 12:33pm On Nov 14, 2017
I went for my interview today at abuja (7:30) . They collected my passport, bank statement and school transcript. My visa was placed on administrative processing.

My transcript

VO: why are you going to the US
Me; I am going for my masters of science degree in civil engineering at the university of idaho
V.O; How many school did you apply to
Me: I applied to 3 school: university of houston, university of colorado and university of idaho
VO: how many admitted you
Me: university of idaho and Colorado, houston is still pending
VO: so why not universtiy of Colorado
Me: be university of colorado don not have a concentration in structural engineering and structural mechanics which I wanted but university of idaho has it.
VOsadtype for some sec) but university of colorado have structural engineering.
Me: Yes, but I wanted structural engineering and structural mechanics
VO: oh are they not thesame
Me: no
VO: who will be sponsoring you
Me: my uncle
VO; what does he do
Me: he is a quantity surveyor.
VO. Can have your bank statement. Do you have your academic transcript.
Me: yes.
VO: give me your bank statement and transcript,I need to verify them. I will put your application on administrative processing. You will receive an email when we are done. He did not give me back my passport. Gave me yellow paper.

Please ohhh, how long does administrative processing take?

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Ijebuboy525: 12:36pm On Nov 14, 2017
bayodek:

Hello @lagosismyhome, please i would like you to review my transcript and also prepare me. my name is kehinde from abuja
It seems Lagos mummy is very busy at the moment, I've sent her my prepared possible questions and answers for assessment going to two weeks now, I'm not sure if she had gone through it, I'm using the opportunity to remind you again @lagosismyhome kindly read my email and reply ma'am, mail sent from omobasegunademolu@gmail.com
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Fatezee(f): 1:08pm On Nov 14, 2017
Hello house... Please I need a help of anyone who can help me pay for my i20 form (68$) .. I am going to pay the person in naira

@LagosismyHome

@bigfrancis21

@walspring
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Ijebuboy525: 1:12pm On Nov 14, 2017
aktoxine:
Hi Guys,

I missed my appointment yesterday and tried to reschedule today. Suprisingly, November 16th, 20th and 21st are all available in Lagos. I dont have to wait till December grin

I don't know if its because i am rescheduling or not.

That's wonderful, how i wish I can reschedule my appointment also to have a closer date...

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 1:15pm On Nov 14, 2017
So far your documents is genuine, no problem, u better go they pack ur loads and winter jacket.

Sharles:
I went for my interview today at abuja (7:30) . They collected my passport, bank statement and school transcript. My visa was placed on administrative processing.

My transcript

Me; I am going for my masters of science degree in civil engineering at the university of idaho
Me: I applied to 3 school: university of houston, university of colorado and university of idaho
Me: be university of colorado don not have a concentration in structural engineering and structural mechanics which I wanted but university of idaho has it.
VO; what does he do
VO: give me your bank statement and transcript,I need to verify them. I will put your application on administrative processing. You will receive an email when we are done. He did not give me back my passport. Gave me yellow paper.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Stevwonders: 1:54pm On Nov 14, 2017
[color=#006600][/color]
Sharles:

My transcript

VO; what does he do

A friend of mine that went for her interview last week still in Abuja was also asked to drop her sponsors statement of account. But she passed through an agent cry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Olamsanj: 2:06pm On Nov 14, 2017

My transcript

VO; what does he do

Not to worry bro, in as much as all your documents are genuine

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (333) (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) ... (432)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD***

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.