Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,765 members, 7,938,325 topics. Date: Monday, 02 September 2024 at 11:08 PM

HELP! My 11 Month Boy Cant Bear To See Me Attached To My Wife - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / HELP! My 11 Month Boy Cant Bear To See Me Attached To My Wife (3595 Views)

My Brother Raped My 11 Years Old House Help / My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed / My 11 Year Old Son Having His First Crush (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

HELP! My 11 Month Boy Cant Bear To See Me Attached To My Wife by isbish(m): 9:45pm On Jul 07, 2017
Hello Parents and of course prospective couples and all prospective parents.

I have been having this experience of my lovely boy who can't bear to see me and his mum all cuddled up in peace. He begins to throw all sort of tantrums and even come as far as trying to separate us physically by pulling his mother's head away.

I understand children can be very jealous especially when they have younger siblings but in this case though not utterly shocking it is, my boy is so young and he is this jealous. Hmmmm!

What's your take everyone? Parents do u experience this?

Cc: Mode.
Re: HELP! My 11 Month Boy Cant Bear To See Me Attached To My Wife by poshestmina(f): 9:53pm On Jul 07, 2017
grin grin grin grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: HELP! My 11 Month Boy Cant Bear To See Me Attached To My Wife by shortgun(m): 10:07pm On Jul 07, 2017
Its normal...He thinks you guys are fighting and he wants to separate.
Don't worry he will outgrow it.

11 Likes

Re: HELP! My 11 Month Boy Cant Bear To See Me Attached To My Wife by VargasVee(m): 10:07pm On Jul 07, 2017
Lol. When you want to have all the glory to yourself

What did you expect

2 Likes

Re: HELP! My 11 Month Boy Cant Bear To See Me Attached To My Wife by Agbaletu: 10:13pm On Jul 07, 2017
He sees you as his rival and he wants all the mother's attention to himself alone. It is normal for the male child.

6 Likes

Re: HELP! My 11 Month Boy Cant Bear To See Me Attached To My Wife by newyorks(m): 10:15pm On Jul 07, 2017
hahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahag gahahahahahahahahag gahahaiahahaiahaiaiahaiahagahag

until he breaks ur head with pestle u would take ur precaution.

7 Likes

Re: HELP! My 11 Month Boy Cant Bear To See Me Attached To My Wife by dollytino4real(f): 10:18pm On Jul 07, 2017
dont cuddle wen he is awake bt wen he is asleep

1 Like

Re: HELP! My 11 Month Boy Cant Bear To See Me Attached To My Wife by lilmax(m): 10:20pm On Jul 07, 2017
your wife is the problem

divorce her

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: HELP! My 11 Month Boy Cant Bear To See Me Attached To My Wife by money121(m): 10:30pm On Jul 07, 2017
cheesy
Re: HELP! My 11 Month Boy Cant Bear To See Me Attached To My Wife by money121(m): 10:35pm On Jul 07, 2017
lilmax:
your wife is the problem

divorce her

angry
Re: HELP! My 11 Month Boy Cant Bear To See Me Attached To My Wife by decatalyst(m): 10:39pm On Jul 07, 2017
Give him cold origin and you shall have your way

grin grin

1 Like

Re: HELP! My 11 Month Boy Cant Bear To See Me Attached To My Wife by ImaIma1(f): 11:44pm On Jul 07, 2017
He needs to be disciplined and gradually he will know his place. If you keep saying he is just a child, he will grow up with that attitude.

4 Likes

Re: HELP! My 11 Month Boy Cant Bear To See Me Attached To My Wife by obo389(m): 12:18am On Jul 08, 2017
If he displays this attitude at night, just be giving him piritin or any cough syrub so he can sleep the hell up grin
Re: HELP! My 11 Month Boy Cant Bear To See Me Attached To My Wife by eyinjuege: 6:17am On Jul 08, 2017
I believe he does this because he feels neglected, and nobody seems to be paying attention to the Lord of the manor.

Next time put him in the middle of you guys, and give him his own hugs and kisses.

7 Likes

Re: HELP! My 11 Month Boy Cant Bear To See Me Attached To My Wife by isbish(m): 7:36am On Jul 08, 2017
Agbaletu:
He sees you as his rival and he wants all the mother's attention to himself alone. It is normal for the male child.

I thought so.
Re: HELP! My 11 Month Boy Cant Bear To See Me Attached To My Wife by isbish(m): 7:40am On Jul 08, 2017
eyinjuege:
I believe he does this because he feels neglected, and nobody seems to be paying attention to the Lord of the manor.

Next time put him in the middle of you guys, and give him his own hugs and kisses.

I don't think so. He has all his time with his mom. When I am relaxed with his mom, he smiles at us and comes quickly to separate us and be in the middle.

7 Likes

Re: HELP! My 11 Month Boy Cant Bear To See Me Attached To My Wife by eyinjuege: 8:32am On Jul 08, 2017
isbish:

I don't think so. He has all his time with his mom. When I am relaxed with his mom, he smiles at us and comes quickly to separate us and be in the middle.

He doesn't went to feel left out and excluded from the "party. It's a phase some children go through. He feels he should always be the centre of affection.

Stop hogging (not hugging) his mama. He wants his mama all to himself, and at the worst share her with you in his presence, meaning he has to be included in all your activities.
He'll get over it, when a new baby shows up, and that one will start hin own too.m grin

2 Likes

Re: HELP! My 11 Month Boy Cant Bear To See Me Attached To My Wife by Agbaletu: 8:33am On Jul 08, 2017
eyinjuege:

That is not the case in most cases, wherever you put him, no matter the attention, once the father is too close to the mother he will be uncomfortable. Remember at that age the only friend and food he has is the mother, he won't want anybody to share her with him.

5 Likes

Re: HELP! My 11 Month Boy Cant Bear To See Me Attached To My Wife by eyinjuege: 8:37am On Jul 08, 2017
Agbaletu:

That is not the case in most cases, wherever you put him, no matter the attention, once the father is too close to the mother he will be uncomfortable. Remember at that age the only friend and food he has is the mother, he won't want anybody to share her with him.

We're saying the same thing. He expects constant attention. When both parents are having their time together, their attention is no longer on him. If they put him in the middle and both their attentions are on him, he will enjoy that.

1 Like

Re: HELP! My 11 Month Boy Cant Bear To See Me Attached To My Wife by Agbaletu: 8:54am On Jul 08, 2017
eyinjuege:

We're saying the same thing. He expects constant attention. When both parents are having their time together, their attention is no longer on him. If they put him in the middle and both their attentions are on him, he will enjoy that.
Some years back, we were playing with my son and my wife put one hand on me and the other on him and i was playing with him with my two hands, could you believe that he took off the hand my wife placed on me. These happened most of the times until he turned 2 years. Now i do joke with him what he did and the guy will be laughing.

5 Likes

Re: HELP! My 11 Month Boy Cant Bear To See Me Attached To My Wife by Jman06(m): 9:45am On Jul 08, 2017
This should be expected with the precocious manner kids develop these days.
Re: HELP! My 11 Month Boy Cant Bear To See Me Attached To My Wife by nana228(f): 9:52am On Jul 08, 2017

5 Likes

Re: HELP! My 11 Month Boy Cant Bear To See Me Attached To My Wife by eyinjuege: 10:06am On Jul 08, 2017
Agbaletu:

Some years back, we were playing with my son and my wife put one hand on me and the other on him and i was playing with him with my two hands, could you believe that he took off the hand my wife placed on me. These happened most of the times until he turned 2 years. Now i do joke with him what he did and the guy will be laughing.

I think it's common if they're still young or if they're the last child. My last did, till 4 - 5 years. Can you imagine?
Re: HELP! My 11 Month Boy Cant Bear To See Me Attached To My Wife by Agbaletu: 10:12am On Jul 08, 2017
eyinjuege:

I think it's common if they're still young or if they're the last child. My last did, till 4 - 5 years. Can you imagine?
You are right sis. lol @your last child. The child no give oga space at all.
Re: HELP! My 11 Month Boy Cant Bear To See Me Attached To My Wife by ifyalways(f): 10:51am On Jul 08, 2017
Happens with most children especially boys.

Solutions: put him in between you and Madam and give him all the attention, tlc and cuddles till he doses off then have Madam to yourself.

Quickies are life savers. Quick peck, steal a kiss when you can. Reach for and smack the Nyash when it's in view (LOL) etc. Every opportunity is perfect and priceless, even on top dirty laundry. cheesy

11 Likes

Re: HELP! My 11 Month Boy Cant Bear To See Me Attached To My Wife by timilehing(m): 11:11am On Jul 08, 2017
Maybe, just maybe you do lobby for the milk factory produce too undecided

1 Like

Re: HELP! My 11 Month Boy Cant Bear To See Me Attached To My Wife by Rayfield: 2:44pm On Jul 08, 2017
isbish:
Hello Parents and of course prospective couples and all prospective parents.

I have been having this experience of my lovely boy who can't bear to see me and his mum all cuddled up in peace. He begins to throw all sort of tantrums and even come as far as trying to separate us physically by pulling his mother's head away.

I understand children can be very jealous especially when they have younger siblings but in this case though not utterly shocking it is, my boy is so young and he is this jealous. Hmmmm!

What's your take everyone? Parents do u experience this?

Cc: Mode.
It's psychological. That was the Topic my HOD lectured on Last week, and it opened my eyes to understanding Children psychology.
Don't ever try to scold or beat the boy, it's normal. Beating and scolding him/her from doing this has a dangerous effect when the child grows to an adult.
I'll advice you and your wife to read and study the topic: PERSONALITY and focus on the parts that talks about Children, 12months - Adolescence
Re: HELP! My 11 Month Boy Cant Bear To See Me Attached To My Wife by ennon92(m): 3:00pm On Jul 08, 2017
ImaIma1:
He needs to be disciplined and gradually he will know his place. If you keep saying he is just a child, he will grow up with that attitude.
he should be caned

undecided
Re: HELP! My 11 Month Boy Cant Bear To See Me Attached To My Wife by klexycole(m): 7:48pm On Jul 08, 2017
Rayfield:

It's psychological. That was the Topic my HOD lectured on Last week, and it opened my eyes to understanding Children psychology.
Don't ever try to scold or beat the boy, it's normal. Beating and scolding him/her from doing this has a dangerous effect when the child grows to an adult.
I'll advice you and your wife to read and study the topic: PERSONALITY and focus on the parts that talks about Children, 12months - Adolescence

You are very right. The behavior is psychological, personality development to be precise. However, the behavior is very normal because the boy is in the first psychosexual stage of personality development.

He needs proper attention, not because he actually needs that, but because he derives much pleasure from it. Similarly, he his in the sensorimotor stage (0-2 years) of developmental psychology.

Lastly @OP, shower the boy with much love and let him have his way anytime that happens. Lol, I like "Psychology." smiley

1 Like

Re: HELP! My 11 Month Boy Cant Bear To See Me Attached To My Wife by shege45: 10:26am On Jul 09, 2017
ImaIma1:
disciplined?how?hs jst 11months old dat doesn't know wat hs doin
Re: HELP! My 11 Month Boy Cant Bear To See Me Attached To My Wife by Fkforyou(m): 12:31pm On Jul 09, 2017
Brace up man, you are in a competition with him and I urge you, for your sake to allow him win, atleast for the main time.. cheesy

Re: HELP! My 11 Month Boy Cant Bear To See Me Attached To My Wife by wizzprince(m): 6:52am On Jul 10, 2017
if he tries it next time bite him i repeat bite the godam boy and thank me latter

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Neighbour Always Sneak Into My Apartment Anytime I Went Out / Inter-racial Marriage: Nigerian Men Vs Nigerian Women / 35 Year Old Man Defiles Three Year Old Girl In Lagos [photos]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.