Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,545 members, 7,978,793 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 02:18 PM

Grace With Labour (2) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Grace With Labour (2) (285 Views)

Pray For Grace With Lexy / Grace With Labour / Grace With Labour (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Grace With Labour (2) by FreshGreen: 1:48am On Jul 08, 2017
GRACE WITH LABOUR (2)
Two days ago, we shared the first part of this message on Grace with Labour in Christian life. If you have not read the first part, it will be advisable to read it before reading this second part, please click on this link that leads to part 1 https://www.facebook.com/revelationoftruthevangelicalministries.rtem/photos/a.244146345691743.45215.244086502364394/908352959271075/?type=3

“But by the grace of God I am what I am, and His grace toward me was not in vain; but I labored more abundantly than they all, yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me.” 1 Corinthians 15:10.

Grace enhance more labour, it does not reduce labour, because more labour that get more fruitfulness.

THE PURPOSE OF GRACE IN MINISTRY
The purpose of grace in the ministry is for salvation of sinners and edification of saints, anything apart from these is eternally useless; it is also for self-sacrifice in the work as Paul said he labored more to serve people and not for people to serve him. The abundant grace of God in the ministry is not for motivation of sinners and distraction of saints from heavenly focus, it is not for a minister to amass wealth or exercise lordship, it’s not for self-serving system opportunity for pastors and leaders in the ministry. The grace of God in ministry is given free of charge and it should be used freely from charging.

The purpose of grace in ministry is not to be famous, not to make fortune or to make followers or fans but for salvation of sinners and edification of the saved.

The effect of grace in ministry does not imply that the ministry will be less stressful physically, but the more grace you have in the ministry, the more labourous and productive you will become. The purpose of grace in the ministry is to labour more in the vineyard of God, but unfortunately many are misusing the grace of God in their ministries. When God releases His grace on a minister in any ministry, He expects him to make use of that grace for kingdom productivity - winning souls, edifying believers, and extending the kingdom of God on earth. This grace of God in the ministry can be spiritual gifts, divine capacity or signs and wonders, but the biblical primary purpose of this grace is for the salvation of sinners and edification of the saved, any effort made apart from these are in vain.

THE PURPOSE OF GOD’S GRACE IN OUR PERSONAL LIFE
In our personal living, we receive grace of God at different levels, and the purpose behind the grace of God in our lives is to use it to glorify Him by, 1, living our lives to please and, 2, leading people to God through the grace. When God gives you grace to perform well in your schooling, the purpose is to use it for His glory. I remember when I was in a particular school, I was performing well as the best student, and I was respected by my fellow students, so I used the opportunity to share the word of God with them; that I would stand in front of them and they would keep quiet and wanted to listen to whatever I wanted to say was a great opportunity to use the grace for God’s kingdom.

God can give you grace of good position in society, in organization or workplace, this grace has a purpose, and the purpose is to use the grace for God’s kingdom, not for yourself, not to be in vain but to use it to spread the gospel of Jesus Christ. When God place you in any position, it’s a grace, you are to use the grace to reach out the word of God to sinners and to establish the kingdom of God in that capacity, don’t let the grace be in vain.

Grace can also come in times of getting a job or favour in your place of work, like Daniel, you must not misuse the grace, you must not let the grace given you by God go in vain, but you use it for God so He can give you more. First, use the opportunity of your job, promotion, position or favour you are getting to preach Christ to the unsaved there and live a life of Christ before you think of any personal benefits. When God gives you the grace as a teacher, do you use the opportunity to reach out God’s word to those students?

In our businesses and careers, God can give us grace, the purpose is to use it first for His kingdom’s glory by using the opportunity to share and spread God’s word with people there, it is not to eat the blessing and forget the gospel. The grace that God gives you to be connected with some people in the society, in your workplace or school should not be in vain, but you should use it to share and spread the word of God to them. Don’t be too much particular about what you will get than what the kingdom of God will gain.

God has given my wife and I a small company, when people order for products we try as much as possible to include a gospel tract with the products, and so that is how we are reaching out the word of God to people and homes who never would have had access to the word of God. I believe many have read the message and are saved. Great and small people in society, Christians and Muslims we supply also get the message. By so doing, the grace of making sales that God gives us will not be in vain, and God may want us to sell more so we will be able to share His word, and so God gets more glory and we get more blessing by His grace.

I went to a printing office sometimes ago and I talked with the manager who is a Christian if they can change their TV cable to a Christian cable so that everyone who comes in will watch Christian movies, and she said no, that some of their customers are not Christians and so they don’t want to sound religious. So the grace of God upon that business is in vain. And many Christians are ignorantly doing the same today; they think they are being wise; they don’t want to interrupt their job, position, contracts, sales, career or business with the gospel of Jesus. Some are afraid that if they share gospel with their unbelieving clients or connected personalities, they will lose them; not knowing that God connected them with such people in the first instant for the purpose of reaching out to them with the gospel, and when they fail to do that, the grace of God will be in vain over their lives.

CONCLUSION
We must be ready to use the grace of God to expand the kingdom of God on earth, either in the ministry or in our personal lives; the grace of God must not be misused or go in vain.

2 Corinthians 6:1, “We then, as workers together with Him also plead with you not to receive the grace of God in vain.”

If you will like to surrender your life to Jesus afresh to experience genuine salvation, please click on this link, read the article and pray as directed http://www.facebook.com/notes/revelation-of-truth-evangelical-ministries-rtem/how-can-i-be-saved/270674586372252

You can also contact us on email or phone for prayer, counsel or if you need biblical enlightenment on personal issues:
Revelation of Truth Evangelical Ministries, RTEM
Our Email: rtemoutreaches@yahoo.com
Our Tel: (+234) (0)803 924 9751, (0)802 578 7942.
Our website: www.rtemoutreach.org
Our Facebook page, you can like our page for daily article on your wall, please click on this link and "like", then click on the "liked" and add to "interest list"
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Revelation-of-Truth-Evangelical-Ministries-RTEM/244086502364394

If you will like to be receiving our weekly articles by email, please, click on our website and subscribe for daily Christian articles www.rtemoutreach.org

If you want to read other Christian articles and Bible Studies on several other topics from this ministry, you can please click on this link and see several topics.
http://www./468590419840054/files/ You can join to receive new topic.

(1) (Reply)

What Does It Mean That The Bible Is Inspired By God? / Senate Moves To Stop Extortion Of Pilgrims / Be Patient

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.