Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,903 members, 7,872,931 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 04:38 AM

Hayden Cross, First Uk's Pregnant Man Delivers A Baby Girl - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Hayden Cross, First Uk's Pregnant Man Delivers A Baby Girl (618 Views)

Edo Nurse 'Beauty' Delivers A Mentally Challenged Lady Of a baby by the road / Doctor Delivers Woman Of 1.8kg Baby And 9.8kg Massive Fibroid. Graphic Photos / PREGNANT DAD-TO-BE Who Is Hayden Cross? Uk’s First Pregnant Man Undergoing Gende (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Hayden Cross, First Uk's Pregnant Man Delivers A Baby Girl by DonQuix(m): 9:54am On Jul 08, 2017
Source: http://www.myowngist.info/2017/07/hayden-cross-first-uks-pregnant-man.html

In an article published yesterday by Daily Mail, it was revealed that Britain's first pregnant man, Hayden Cross, has given birth to a girl.

Hayden who was born a girl and was legally male when he paused transgender hormone treatment to conceive triggered headlines around the world when he announced his pregnancy in January.

Mr Cross expressed how he was living as a man but was desperate to have a baby which he wouldn’t be able to do once his sex change was complete.

Yesterday, his relatives announced he had given birth to a girl, Trinity-Leigh Louise Cross, and said both were healthy and doing well. This implies that Mr Cross has become the first known transgender man to give birth in Britain.

The birth certificate has Hayden Cross listed as the mother but there is no father registered on the document.

Mr Cross, who changed his name from Paige to Hayden by deed poll, said in January that the baby was conceived in September. The sperm donor’s identity has never been revealed, with the sperm handed over in a pot on the doorstep of Mr Cross’s flat in Gloucester.

He had started hormone treatment to complete his transition three years ago, but stopped it in September last year so that he could become pregnant.

Mr Cross’s decision has bitterly divided his family. His uncle Sean Hodson, from Gloucester, previously told the Mail: ‘I fear this child is going to grow up confused. It is confusing for me. Hayden had a difficult upbringing and perhaps if her childhood had been more stable she wouldn’t be in this situation now. I cannot get it into my head that she is changing from a girl to a boy.’

It is understood that Mr Cross now plans to resume the transition. The next stage will include having his ovaries removed.

Grandmother Mrs Edgeworth said: ‘She’s asked me to call her Hayden and I say, “I can’t, love”. In my eyes she will always be Paige. She wasn’t born a boy.’

The pregnancy also raised ethical questions among experts. The Human Fertilisation and Embryology Authority said the use of an anonymous sperm donor posed health risks. They also pointed out there would be no way of telling who else the donor might have given sperm to – leading to the possibility that Trinity-Leigh could unknowingly meet a half-sibling later in life.

Mr Cross’s upbringing was troubled and his father Desmond was a drug taker when he met Christine. Although Mr Cross grew up as a girl called Paige, his family said the ‘tomboy’ shunned sister Sky’s interest in dolls and would much rather play football with brothers Jordan and Robert.

The world’s first pregnant man was American Thomas Beatie in 2007. Mr Beatie, from Arizona, was also born female. He went on to have three children using donor sperm.

Re: Hayden Cross, First Uk's Pregnant Man Delivers A Baby Girl by DonQuix(m): 10:56am On Jul 08, 2017
DonQuix:
Source: http://www.myowngist.info/2017/07/hayden-cross-first-uks-pregnant-man.html

In an article published yesterday by Daily Mail, it was revealed that Britain's first pregnant man, Hayden Cross, has given birth to a girl.

Hayden who was born a girl and was legally male when he paused transgender hormone treatment to conceive triggered headlines around the world when he announced his pregnancy in January.

Mr Cross expressed how he was living as a man but was desperate to have a baby which he wouldn’t be able to do once his sex change was complete.

Yesterday, his relatives announced he had given birth to a girl, Trinity-Leigh Louise Cross, and said both were healthy and doing well. This implies that Mr Cross has become the first known transgender man to give birth in Britain.

The birth certificate has Hayden Cross listed as the mother but there is no father registered on the document.

Mr Cross, who changed his name from Paige to Hayden by deed poll, said in January that the baby was conceived in September. The sperm donor’s identity has never been revealed, with the sperm handed over in a pot on the doorstep of Mr Cross’s flat in Gloucester.

He had started hormone treatment to complete his transition three years ago, but stopped it in September last year so that he could become pregnant.

Mr Cross’s decision has bitterly divided his family. His uncle Sean Hodson, from Gloucester, previously told the Mail: ‘I fear this child is going to grow up confused. It is confusing for me. Hayden had a difficult upbringing and perhaps if her childhood had been more stable she wouldn’t be in this situation now. I cannot get it into my head that she is changing from a girl to a boy.’

It is understood that Mr Cross now plans to resume the transition. The next stage will include having his ovaries removed.

Grandmother Mrs Edgeworth said: ‘She’s asked me to call her Hayden and I say, “I can’t, love”. In my eyes she will always be Paige. She wasn’t born a boy.’

The pregnancy also raised ethical questions among experts. The Human Fertilisation and Embryology Authority said the use of an anonymous sperm donor posed health risks. They also pointed out there would be no way of telling who else the donor might have given sperm to – leading to the possibility that Trinity-Leigh could unknowingly meet a half-sibling later in life.

Mr Cross’s upbringing was troubled and his father Desmond was a drug taker when he met Christine. Although Mr Cross grew up as a girl called Paige, his family said the ‘tomboy’ shunned sister Sky’s interest in dolls and would much rather play football with brothers Jordan and Robert.

The world’s first pregnant man was American Thomas Beatie in 2007. Mr Beatie, from Arizona, was also born female. He went on to have three children using donor sperm.

(1) (Reply)

This Is What Your Headache Is Telling You About Your Health! / Tighten Your Vagina Muscles / What Happens Within An Hour Of Drinking A Can Of Coke Or Pepsi?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.