Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,445 members, 7,917,364 topics. Date: Sunday, 11 August 2024 at 02:01 AM

Road blocked! 2 Killed By Armed Robbers Along Benin/Lagos Road By Okada junction - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Road blocked! 2 Killed By Armed Robbers Along Benin/Lagos Road By Okada junction (362 Views)

Nigerians & Cameroonians Clash In Dubai ‘Over Beer Price’. 2 Killed / 2 Killed In Renewed Cult War After Brutal Killing Of Final Year CRUTECH Student / How I Fainted After Being Robbed By Okada Man In Lagos; Lady Narrates. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Road blocked! 2 Killed By Armed Robbers Along Benin/Lagos Road By Okada junction by vicp4p(m): 10:15am On Jul 08, 2017
Benin-Lagos road blocked! closed to Okada junction.
though it's coming late from me, My apologies. I had issues with my network yesterday.
Now the report...
To my best of knowledge, it was blocked by the Edo state luxury drivers over the death of one of their own.
According to my different sources, it was alleged that there was a high way robbery which occured within the hour of 4:00a.m to 8:00am yesterday, which now led to one of the robbery men shooting one of the passengers, and killing one of the lorry driver.
I also learnt that before now an incident like this had occurred before which led to the death of some of the drivers.
so upon this occurence, they had to block the roads as a way of displaying their grievance and agitations of what has been going on in silence, and now demands the attention of the state governor, Mr. Godwin Obaseki before the road could be opened.
Though the road has been opened after meeting with the Governor who was represented by the Governor's secretary,but the traffic is still very much congested.
Now the question is where was our security operatives during the robbery for a period of 4hours, despite the sporadic shootings in the air causing awareness??
I just pity the travellers of yesterday.

As of the time of writing you this morning, the road is cleared now. travellers can make a journey now.
source: www.trendygist.com.ng

(1) (Reply)

Applicant Bags Four Months Imprisonment For Stealing Cell Phone / Used Home Items For Sale / Evans Lawyer Attempts Paying N20,000 Fine With Post Dated Cheque —court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.