Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,884 members, 7,872,908 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 04:02 AM

Mercedes Vs. BMW Vs. Audi: Which Is More Reliable? - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mercedes Vs. BMW Vs. Audi: Which Is More Reliable? (29601 Views)

Honda And Toyota Cars: Which Is More Reliable? / Photo Comparison: Mercedes-AMG GLE 53 Coupe Vs BMW X6. Which Side Are You On? / Benz Vs BMW – Which Is Actually Better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercedes Vs. BMW Vs. Audi: Which Is More Reliable? by Sleyanya1(m): 8:46am On Jul 10, 2017
Cooool cars

But...

If BMW problems start... cry cry cry

Just go & get a new car
Re: Mercedes Vs. BMW Vs. Audi: Which Is More Reliable? by yerimas(m): 9:02am On Jul 10, 2017
DannyJ19:
Innoson
I like Innoson products but so sad that his vehicles are to expensive for me to acquire
Re: Mercedes Vs. BMW Vs. Audi: Which Is More Reliable? by Allergic(m): 9:03am On Jul 10, 2017
This is the best comment I have read so far... How can you review and criticize something you have never used?

Like this guy said, these cars are never for careless people. I am on my 3rd BMW, I have used a 7 series, and i am on my second 3 series.

I wouldn't say which is better in these three but Audi has major short comings in this class. Best thing to do it put model head to head, some BMW will win and in other Benz will win .

Like:
BMW X6 and Mercedes-Benz GLE - BMW wins here.
BMW 7 series and Mercedes-Benz S class - Benz wins here.

In terms of reliability, they are same because they use very similar engineering approach.

At the end of the day, it's boils down to preference. I prefer BMW because of the aesthetics and handling. I have driven couple of Benz and BMW handles better.

You're not supposed to comment here if you haven't used any of these 3 cars.

Livefreeordieha:
big ups bro...i was just going through all comments as usual..when i saw the 1st 3 comments it immediately put on the path of dismay ..i have used 3 bmws..as a matter of facts the 1st bmw was 1994 in mushin that my elder brought for us..before i bought mine 1998 and again in 2005..i can tell you everything about bmw..my best friend now is using 2012 5series ,next month we are going to the UK to check 2008 3series or 2000 760i for me because i am in love with the luxury,speed and bulky look of that model..BMW as a model wasnt built for careless people because BMW is like a woman if she complains listen,treat with care,be attentive,respect and above all try to resolve the issues.

The problem most people have is they just believe if the car drives then the car is ok..it doesnt work like that even in our daily lives..that is why people just die anyhow because basic ill health signs are usually ignored..even in Nigeria some people will even allow sule the road side mechanic decide the life of their car..tell them to disconnect the dashboard diagnostic indicator..can you imagine??ok how do i argue with such a person?where do i begin fromyou buy anyhow fuel in your car because you dont care and because you think you can blame the manufacturers or because you know there are alot of your kind outside there that will join you to condemn the product....you dont buy fuel regularly ..you wait till is almost drying up..forgetting the fact that your tank is metal and its only natural for rust to set it in..afterall we all know fuel is corrosive..when the fuel is very low like that its only natural that the rust particles will be sucked to the fuel pump and it will be blocked...but as usual you will join your likes and condemn the manufacturer....i choose my arguements wisely only when i am bored i argue with anyone but usually i just observe and keep quiet ever since i realized the stats of stupid people is against me.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mercedes Vs. BMW Vs. Audi: Which Is More Reliable? by Livefreeordieha(m): 9:08am On Jul 10, 2017
thanks bro...i never knew analytic thinkers are here also...BMW is the husband of Benz..EOD....bro even the aerodynamics of BMW is in a class of her own..
Allergic:
This is the best comment I have read so far... How can you review and criticize something you have never used?

Like this guy said, these care are never for careless people. I am on my 3rd BMW, I have used a 7 series, and i am on my second 3 series.

I wouldn't say which is better in these three but Audi has major short comings in this class. Best thing to do it put model head to head, some BMW will win in some and Benz will win in other.

Like:

In terms of reliability, they are same because they use very similar engineering approach.

At the end of the day, it's boils down to preference. I prefer BMW because of the aesthetics and handling. I have driven couple of Benz and BMW handles better.

Re: Mercedes Vs. BMW Vs. Audi: Which Is More Reliable? by Abee79(m): 9:09am On Jul 10, 2017
#teambenz
Re: Mercedes Vs. BMW Vs. Audi: Which Is More Reliable? by onyxo76(m): 9:14am On Jul 10, 2017
Team Benz representing, even if na v boot e still better pass Audi and bimaz
Re: Mercedes Vs. BMW Vs. Audi: Which Is More Reliable? by salesforce: 9:27am On Jul 10, 2017
Mercedes benz u know ...
Re: Mercedes Vs. BMW Vs. Audi: Which Is More Reliable? by Optimist88(m): 9:32am On Jul 10, 2017
Is there any other car apart from BMW? just asking o.......

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Vs. BMW Vs. Audi: Which Is More Reliable? by HyDef(m): 9:33am On Jul 10, 2017
Somatic:
This is more reliable. Even Mr Bean couldn't kill it.

It's even almost in the name. 'Reliant Robin'. :p
Re: Mercedes Vs. BMW Vs. Audi: Which Is More Reliable? by guarantor17(m): 9:49am On Jul 10, 2017
Benz na baba oooo, Benz dey chop bend like puf puf, Accident free wink wink wink wink

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mercedes Vs. BMW Vs. Audi: Which Is More Reliable? by kariz(m): 10:19am On Jul 10, 2017
emmyspark007:

sorry bro but have u used BMW before..
Na BMW be my dream car model

U con dey bash dem like did

Why na?

He is ignorant. I have used 3 BMWs' , I had no issues whatsoever, the parts are cheap and available, the engineering is top quality and the cars were made to marvel, my current bmw is a 3 series with an M42 engine, it's a blessing to me, the fuel economy is second to none, I use a thousand naira for three days, and I drive a lot! My next car is also a BMW. The engineering in BMW vehicles is just mind blowing... it's miraculous. Keep your Benz, I stick with my BIMMER.

3 Likes

Re: Mercedes Vs. BMW Vs. Audi: Which Is More Reliable? by kaymical(m): 10:24am On Jul 10, 2017
Ahmed3rdjuly:
Audi is the safest among the 3, it price makes it cost efficient and fuel consumption is very efficient. Problem in Nigeria is that few Rewires understand its electrical components. Its suspensions are superb but its engine mountings are not strong enough to withstand the engine power.

Mercedes is is overall superb and many Nigerian mechanics understand it very very well but its price is scary

BMW is luxurious when new but no go area when its fairly used. Mechanics in Nigeria still dont understand the car electrical functionalities, its parts are very expensive.

In all if you must get any one of the 3 get a Benz and sleep with rest of mind
yea, get a Benz and rest in peace, even though I have non now
Re: Mercedes Vs. BMW Vs. Audi: Which Is More Reliable? by futurewise11(m): 10:24am On Jul 10, 2017
SmartchoicesNG:

So? Taxis in Benin City are Audi's.

Lol.....bros am sorry I dont know about that o...I was talkinh about Germany.
Re: Mercedes Vs. BMW Vs. Audi: Which Is More Reliable? by kaymical(m): 10:29am On Jul 10, 2017
Livefreeordieha:
big ups bro...i was just going through all comments as usual..when i saw the 1st 3 comments it immediately put on the path of dismay ..i have used 3 bmws..as a matter of facts the 1st bmw was 1994 in mushin that my elder brought for us..before i bought mine 1998 and again in 2005..i can tell you everything about bmw..my best friend now is using 2012 5series ,next month we are going to the UK to check 2008 3series or 2000 760i for me because i am in love with the luxury,speed and bulky look of that model..BMW as a model wasnt built for careless people because BMW is like a woman if she complains listen,treat with care,be attentive,respect and above all try to resolve the issues.

The problem most people have is they just believe if the car drives then the car is ok..it doesnt work like that even in our daily lives..that is why people just die anyhow because basic ill health signs are usually ignored..even in Nigeria some people will even allow sule the road side mechanic decide the life of their car..tell them to disconnect the dashboard diagnostic indicator..can you imagine??ok how do i argue with such a person?where do i begin fromyou buy anyhow fuel in your car because you dont care and because you think you can blame the manufacturers or because you know there are alot of your kind outside there that will join you to condemn the product....you dont buy fuel regularly ..you wait till is almost drying up..forgetting the fact that your tank is metal and its only natural for rust to set it in..afterall we all know fuel is corrosive..when the fuel is very low like that its only natural that the rust particles will be sucked to the fuel pump and it will be blocked...but as usual you will join your likes and condemn the manufacturer....i choose my arguements wisely only when i am bored i argue with anyone but usually i just observe and keep quiet ever since i realized the stats of stupid people is against me.
this epistle is too much bro and what if we are talking about asking a girl out......hmmmm
Re: Mercedes Vs. BMW Vs. Audi: Which Is More Reliable? by Meregini: 11:08am On Jul 10, 2017
Allergic:

Like this guy said, these cars are never for careless people. I am on my 3rd BMW, I have used a 7 series, and i am on my second 3 series.

I wouldn't say which is better in these three but Audi has major short comings in this class. Best thing to do it put model head to head, some BMW will win and in other Benz will win .

Like:

Have you guys actually use Benz like you've really wused BMW? To talk of it, the cost of maintaining BMW is extremely higher than that of its counterpart. For realiability, Benz is more common because its parts are cheap and available which makes it reliable. So do its mechanics. So my brothers before you hastily conclude, take analysis, compare and contrast. I know that to everybody, he/her name is the sweetest name on earth. But let's be reasonable here and argue with experiences and facts.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Vs. BMW Vs. Audi: Which Is More Reliable? by Nobody: 11:21am On Jul 10, 2017
kariz:

He is ignorant. I have used 3 BMWs' , I had no issues whatsoever, the parts are cheap and available, the engineering is top quality and the cars were made to marvel, my current bmw is a 3 series with an M42 engine, it's a blessing to me, the fuel economy is second to none, I use a thousand naira for three days, and I drive a lot! My next car is also a BMW. The engineering in BMW vehicles is just mind blowing... it's miraculous. Keep your Benz, I stick with my BIMMER.
God bless you sir

U thought as much!
Re: Mercedes Vs. BMW Vs. Audi: Which Is More Reliable? by AreaFada2: 11:29am On Jul 10, 2017
BigIyanga:

Typical Naija generic response to technical and mechanical issues. Is your submission based on fact?
This question is redundant to begin with. Are you comparing BMW X5 with Mercedes E-350? I think class by class comparison offers a better insight on durability, cost of maintenance and price.
Most Naija roadside mechanics dont know jack and they would tell you that this car is better than the other because they only know how to work on that one.
Check kbb.com, edmunds.com, jdpower.com, nhtsa.gov to form an informed opinion.

In developed climes, BMW is cool. Especially for younger people. It's got swag and there are competent mechanics. Benz looks rather less 'swaggerlicious'.

But talking of 9ja, Benz is better. It takes Kazeem's abuse better than BMW and Audi. Though parts are not necessarily cheaper.

Even comparing X5 with say ML350, in 9ja ML350 is more reliable. Just look around you and see how ubiquitous it is. It has cheaper base price too, though if options requested, the price could be similar to X5. Better off road quality on our roads full of gullies. More spacious too.

But if in a country like Germany or UK, BMW is better. Better torgue/power, in fact better performance (on the excellent roads) & sexiness & extras as standard. This is assuming you bought them brand new.

In 9ja ML second hand value & marketability are better.
Re: Mercedes Vs. BMW Vs. Audi: Which Is More Reliable? by Allergic(m): 12:03pm On Jul 10, 2017
Meregini:

Have you guys actually use Benz like you've really wused BMW? To talk of it, the cost of maintaining BMW is extremely higher than that of its counterpart. For realiability, Benz is more common because its parts are cheap and available which makes it reliable. So do its mechanics. So my brothers before you hastily conclude, take analysis, compare and contrast. I know that to everybody, he/her name is the sweetest name on earth. But let's be reasonable here and argue with experiences and facts.

While the OP never put Nigeria in scope of this question, I think I was analytical enough relative to my experience and that was clearly stated.

But there you go without any logical construction.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Vs. BMW Vs. Audi: Which Is More Reliable? by lukuboy: 12:25pm On Jul 10, 2017
Mercedes Benz is more reliable
Re: Mercedes Vs. BMW Vs. Audi: Which Is More Reliable? by odaniel1(m): 12:30pm On Jul 10, 2017
I call on the Experts from the Auto section, please come and enlighten these folks! smiley

cc: Gazzuzz
Re: Mercedes Vs. BMW Vs. Audi: Which Is More Reliable? by BestySam(m): 12:38pm On Jul 10, 2017

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Vs. BMW Vs. Audi: Which Is More Reliable? by Damolux01(m): 5:06pm On Jul 10, 2017
I'm learning...
Re: Mercedes Vs. BMW Vs. Audi: Which Is More Reliable? by BigIyanga: 6:08pm On Jul 10, 2017
Reference:

But isn't the ability to maintain a vehicle part of the criteria for reliability. What is the point in buying what cannot be maintained for whatever reason. Remember this is Nairaland assessing things from a Nigerian perspective. If our mechanics cannot handle a particular brand then its no use to individual owners and is a drain on the country's resources. If there was a made in Nigeria car its use will be more expensive and is reliability lower in Tajikistan or Turkey. He has a valid point. If your car develops a fault on Benin Ore or on the Third mainland bridge you will be forced to make a hard choice between your warranty and your life. Then you will know how important the fact Nigerianised is

because Naija mechanics arent informed. They have always been wrong. They told us automatic cars were bad because you cant push them if they stop u at Orej.. Sounds familiar with your Oreh argument?
Imagine a mechanic telling you that synthetic oil doesnt matter or that using brake fluid in place of transmission oil is not a problem.
95% of Naija mechanics dont use any diagostic tools..
I have had issues where mechanics will be telling their clients to buy a 5/6 gear system which is manual instead of buying 9/10 gear system which is mechanically superior and more rugged.
5/6 will take more fuel, less HP, less torque, more wear and tear, less efficient and it will kill the engine faster, but mechanics are selfish and inflexible.

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Vs. BMW Vs. Audi: Which Is More Reliable? by BigIyanga: 6:10pm On Jul 10, 2017
Reference:

But isn't the ability to maintain a vehicle part of the criteria for reliability. What is the point in buying what cannot be maintained for whatever reason. Remember this is Nairaland assessing things from a Nigerian perspective. If our mechanics cannot handle a particular brand then its no use to individual owners and is a drain on the country's resources. If there was a made in Nigeria car its use will be more expensive and is reliability lower in Tajikistan or Turkey. He has a valid point. If your car develops a fault on Benin Ore or on the Third mainland bridge you will be forced to make a hard choice between your warranty and your life. Then you will know how important the fact Nigerianised is

because Naija mechanics arent informed and selfish. They never say no! I have had one at a wheel alignment center with nice equipment and facility, tell me that I brought wrong parts instead of him to admit that he didnt know how to change the parts.
Re: Mercedes Vs. BMW Vs. Audi: Which Is More Reliable? by Nobody: 7:20pm On Jul 10, 2017
I just tire for all these posters above me, Biko how will you people be comparing Bmw and Audi with Kakaraka Benz. Pls benz is in a different big mans league of its own. There is a reason why it's the preferred choice for CEO's, Executives and Heads of state. Durability over the years Shikena.

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Vs. BMW Vs. Audi: Which Is More Reliable? by rhames(m): 7:32pm On Jul 10, 2017
SmartchoicesNG:
and in what years is one more reliable than the others?

Chairman of the Board -Mercedes Benz anytime any day.

There are two cars in the world-Mercedes Benz and others.

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Vs. BMW Vs. Audi: Which Is More Reliable? by rhames(m): 7:34pm On Jul 10, 2017
BigIyanga:

because Naija mechanics arent informed. They have always been wrong. They told us automatic cars were bad because you cant push them if they stop u at Orej.. Sounds familiar with your Oreh argument?
Imagine a mechanic telling you that synthetic oil doesnt matter or that using brake fluid in place of transmission oil is not a problem.
95% of Naija mechanics dont use any diagostic tools..
I have had issues where mechanics will be telling their clients to buy a 5/6 gear system which is manual instead of buying 9/10 gear system which is mechanically superior and more rugged.
5/6 will take more fuel, less HP, less torque, more wear and tear, less efficient and it will kill the engine faster, but mechanics are selfish and inflexible.

Tell me a car that 9/10 gear system and i would buy one.
Re: Mercedes Vs. BMW Vs. Audi: Which Is More Reliable? by Decale: 8:34pm On Jul 10, 2017
Allergic:

Like:

Actually, BMW and Audi reliability are close. Audi just tends to be better here in Nigeria cos of cheaper parts. They have the same paucity in number of engineers here

Benz has always been in top 5 brands when it comes to reliability. Some models may not get in their first year but it shoots up in successive years. This is why Benz is more used as cabs and added to government/business type of cars. Audi is second line here when it comes to government cars

BMW is adequately reliable but the main purpose is for its handling.

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Vs. BMW Vs. Audi: Which Is More Reliable? by BigIyanga: 9:49pm On Jul 10, 2017
rhames:

Tell me a car that 9/10 gear system and i would buy one.
Dude, I'm talking about trucks
Re: Mercedes Vs. BMW Vs. Audi: Which Is More Reliable? by NemzySeries(m): 11:57pm On Jul 10, 2017
maxiuc:
Benz even the old models are still gallant on the road up till now

Tell me any BMW and Audi old models that are still serving without the onwer complaining

I go for benz strong reliable
u're not lying bro, i saw a dead V-boot datz looking more horrible dan our president but bliv me d ride still shoots like a jet, infact d owner uses it for commercial

3 Likes

Re: Mercedes Vs. BMW Vs. Audi: Which Is More Reliable? by rhames(m): 3:52am On Jul 11, 2017
BigIyanga:

Dude, I'm talking about trucks

I am not an engineer sir thats why I am asking?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Truck Loses Control And Rams Into Stationary SUV In PH / My Tyre Got Ruined While Speeding On The Highway / Nigerian Man Spotted Using Palm Oil As Lubricant For His Motorcycle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.