Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,890 members, 7,969,719 topics. Date: Tuesday, 08 October 2024 at 12:48 PM

How Can You Tell Your Adopted Child That You Are Not His Biological Parents? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Can You Tell Your Adopted Child That You Are Not His Biological Parents? (1012 Views)

What If You Just Found Out That Your Parents Ain't Really UR Biological Parents? / Something You Saw As A Child, That No One Saw Or Believes You Till This Day. / If You Found Out Your Adopted Child Was Stolen? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can You Tell Your Adopted Child That You Are Not His Biological Parents? by raphy(m): 8:52pm On Feb 01, 2010
wazup!
there is this thing that keep bother some spouse when they cant have a child of
there own so the need for adoption arise how can they tell him /her that he was
adopted?
Re: How Can You Tell Your Adopted Child That You Are Not His Biological Parents? by Ivynwa(f): 12:20am On Feb 19, 2011
The same way you will like to be told if you were in his/her position. It is true that the adopted parents may have the fear of losing the child to the birth parents when they are revealed but adopted parents should not be so selfish as to hide that from such. I think that the worst thing a human can do to another is to separate them from their root. It is not a kind thing to do.
Re: How Can You Tell Your Adopted Child That You Are Not His Biological Parents? by jasman1: 1:16am On Feb 19, 2011
Just continue to care for the child as your biological child. He'll eventually ask and at approperate age.Remember, every child is different, you know the child better
Re: How Can You Tell Your Adopted Child That You Are Not His Biological Parents? by ifyalways(f): 6:57am On Feb 19, 2011
@OP,why wud u want to tell the child?Wud u be ready to deal and handle the emotional trauma the telling wud bring u and the child?My take on this is,besides the thread was how and not should u tell:[b]If the child asks [/b]please tell him/her the truth,no lies . . . else keep a sealed lips! Moreover,if u are talking abt "legal" adoption in naija,no one wud give u child that is above 5 yrs(some homes even insist on 3yrs),so unless u announce to family and friends or treat the child badly (cos u got a biological one) chances are that the child won't even suspect.
Re: How Can You Tell Your Adopted Child That You Are Not His Biological Parents? by Blazay(m): 7:15am On Feb 19, 2011
I think I am having me an "Andy Rooney 60-minute" of a moment with this topic. Lemme see. Hmmm!

Why lie to the child? undecided
The child has the right to know.
It may come quite naturally for most people to live/end their lives around lies. But why subject an innocent child found in your hands fortunately or otherwise to YOUR legacy of falsehood? undecided

Many children have disowned their biological parents and recognized only the adoptive parents. And rightfully so.  grin

How does that affect the quality of care the child receives?
How does the revelation of the adoption process de-escalate the forstering of the mutual love and respect between y'all. . .assuming that this is one of the desirable outcomes of the so-called adoption plan, if genuine? 

If you like have 20 children or zero children, you die alone even if you all crash together(By your God's will, that is. It has happened many a time. Yup!)

Bottom line:

A m0r0n remains a m0r0n and love is never based on quantity/numbers, but quality!  kiss

For blood is not always thicker than water. Children have killed their parents and vice versa.

You might wanna give the child the chance to be thankful he or she did NOT come from ya. grin

Yup! Honesty is ALWAYS the best policy.

The guilty are always afraid.

There is a reason why we have auto plates with inscriptions like these:

"YOUR KID MAY ATTEND AN IVY-LEAGUE SCHOOL, BUT YOU ARE STILL AN I-D-I-O-T!

That wise-cracker always cracked me up. grin

Yup! The child has the right to know, and the world would cease to wonder too at the obvious miss-match.

Mu he he he he  grin
Re: How Can You Tell Your Adopted Child That You Are Not His Biological Parents? by 190: 2:09pm On Feb 19, 2011
Ivynwa you got mail. x

(1) (Reply)

Baby Wife: Yerima Quizzed, Granted Bail / I Bet You Will Love This After Reading / Am Just So Fedup Of These Weevels.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.