Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,808 members, 7,886,177 topics. Date: Thursday, 11 July 2024 at 02:26 AM

Man Charged N953k By Mechanic After His Car Broke Down In Lekki Flood - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Man Charged N953k By Mechanic After His Car Broke Down In Lekki Flood (50422 Views)

Man Added External Air Conditioner And Generator To His Car / Mechanic Killed In Adamawa As Tree Falls On His Car While He Was Working On It / PHOTOS: Police Assists Man Whose Vehicle Broke Down In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Charged N953k By Mechanic After His Car Broke Down In Lekki Flood by mykel25(m): 9:20am On Jul 11, 2017
mayor2013:

When you engage, play with and see how it works on the field. I would be back to listen, read and digest it. But for now am better off watching

I'm practicing it on my Honda Crv for 3 years no issue.... Engine in perfect order... I got d car semi new tho

1 Like

Re: Man Charged N953k By Mechanic After His Car Broke Down In Lekki Flood by timifakay(m): 9:39am On Jul 11, 2017
mykel25:

I'm practicing it on my Honda Crv for 3 years no issue.... Engine in perfect order... I got d car semi new tho
Open your valve cover, snap a picture of your cams and post, then someone on synthetic oil will do same and we compare.
It's not only viscosity that matters sir, being synthetic or mineral oil matters too.

1 Like

Re: Man Charged N953k By Mechanic After His Car Broke Down In Lekki Flood by mykel25(m): 9:43am On Jul 11, 2017
timifakay:

Open your valve cover, snap a picture of your cams and post, then someone on synthetic oil will do same and we compare.
It's not only viscosity that matters sir, being synthetic or mineral oil matters too.

I never argued d kinda oil I use is better buh it still do d job for me with no Ish that's my point

Iffa snap now... Person wey just buy him Crv go snap too n compare abi.... When I drive mine on mainland sometimes inside muddy water cheesy
Re: Man Charged N953k By Mechanic After His Car Broke Down In Lekki Flood by mayor2013: 12:24pm On Jul 11, 2017
smartty68:
Oops! Thought everyone living in Lekki were billionairesgrin
The mechanic calculated the damage based on the current dollar to naira exchange rates cheesy

Let him consult another mechanic

Get your facts right that engine costs 850k in the market. If he had done that based on exchange rate. We would be looking at more than a million naira
Re: Man Charged N953k By Mechanic After His Car Broke Down In Lekki Flood by hiscules: 12:30pm On Jul 11, 2017
cmon:
For a 2010 Vehicle, you should be running on Comprehensive Insurance. If you are a lekki residence, then you should also include a flood option in your insurance cover. If you did all that, simply call your insurance company and they will take care of this.

If you are driving a 2010 Crosstour and don't know you ought to have comprehensive insurance, oga, OYO is your case!
insurance does not cover acts of God. Flood is considered as such

1 Like

Re: Man Charged N953k By Mechanic After His Car Broke Down In Lekki Flood by Nobody: 12:50pm On Jul 11, 2017
kingreign:

if you're an Engineer, as claimed by you, i really doubt the qualifications your school gave to you, comments like yours are reasons institutions of reputable standings regard our graduates as half baked.

Go research better and stop spewing trash.

Well said.
Re: Man Charged N953k By Mechanic After His Car Broke Down In Lekki Flood by Nobody: 12:56pm On Jul 11, 2017
kolaaderin:

He is very right, 20W50 is just a perfect oil for Nigerian weather , all those 0W10 and 5W10 are for extremely cold weather where oil of wrong viscosity rating could freeze up in the engine. Go online and read about various oil viscosity and recommended weather.
I have been on original MOBIL XHP 20W50 for close to 4 years now on a German car and my engine still runs in perfect condition u hardly hear the engine running until the cooling fan comes on.
Just make sure u buy the oil at a standard Mobil station cause our brothers have imitation in the market too to avoid those stories that touches

If you value your car, please do not follow this advice.

Follow the manufacturers recommendation in your owners manual instead.

Nigeria is not on Mars, use the correct oil viscosity.

2 Likes

Re: Man Charged N953k By Mechanic After His Car Broke Down In Lekki Flood by mayor2013: 1:04pm On Jul 11, 2017
mykel25:

Do as the poster below you as stated. Open your valve cover. Post pix of camshaft and internal parts of your engine
Re: Man Charged N953k By Mechanic After His Car Broke Down In Lekki Flood by disloman(m): 1:56pm On Jul 11, 2017
I'm having a nice time here.I only have an advice to give.Do not comment on what you do not know.
Re: Man Charged N953k By Mechanic After His Car Broke Down In Lekki Flood by laudate: 5:04pm On Jul 11, 2017
cmon:
For a 2010 Vehicle, you should be running on Comprehensive Insurance. If you are a lekki residence, then you should also include a flood option in your insurance cover. If you did all that, simply call your insurance company and they will take care of this.

If you are driving a 2010 Crosstour and don't know you ought to have comprehensive insurance, oga, OYO is your case!
Comprehensive insurance does NOT cover flood. sad Please do not mislead people. Flood is regarded as an 'act of God.'

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Charged N953k By Mechanic After His Car Broke Down In Lekki Flood by kolaaderin: 2:28am On Jul 12, 2017
kingreign:

You're damn wrong. Can you do a compression test o. Your engine? You'd be really surprised how low you are on compression.

Besides, you putting this poison in a German car shows you deserve no car at all. German cars I know are very selective on oils.

Read this comprehensively and stop being ignorant because you know nothing about the technology of engine lubrication.

http://www.kewengineering.co.uk/Auto_oils/oil_viscosity_explained.htm

Most car manufacturers recommends oil that could work in most weather condition around the world and owner of cars less than 4 years old are advice to keep to this specification so as to be covered under manufacturer warranty with the conditions that the car is still new with lesser possibility of failure in cooling system as there is no way to know where and what condition their cars are going to be in use.

Using oil rating 20W50 in region with extreme weather of temperature sub-zero could damage your engine as the temperature is below the working temperature for such rating hence zero or less effective lubrication as oil tends to loose it viscosity property as it freezes up in the engine, like wise using Oil way higher than the manufacturer recommendation in hot condition like that of Nigeria would be doing more damages to your engine than good as viscosity also breakdown at high temperature which could send your engine to early grave at just speeding up a bit during dry season or slight fault in the cooling system.

Read and stop been a jack ass wasting money on imported oil for nothing, has it ever occurs to you why most oil manufacturer in Nigeria produces 20W locally and their 0W and 5W variant are always imported for ignorant people like you, its because that should be the industrial standard to our weather condition and average temperature.

If your car is still under warranty then recommended oil is to satisfy all asunder to keep your warranty, else in Nigeria you are just another Mugu paying for imported oil causing forex flight believing it to be better than what is obtainable locally.

Now please read and have knowledge of what lubricating technology is all about and thanks me later.

Re: Man Charged N953k By Mechanic After His Car Broke Down In Lekki Flood by kingreign(m): 6:27am On Jul 12, 2017
kolaaderin:

Read this comprehensively and stop being ignorant because you know nothing about the technology of engine lubrication.

Most car manufacturers recommends oil that could work in most weather condition around the world and owner of cars less than 4 years old are advice to keep to this specification so as to be covered under manufacturer warranty with the conditions that the car is still new with lesser possibility of failure in cooling system as there is no way to know where and what condition their cars are going to be in use.

Using oil rating 20W50 in region with extreme weather of temperature sub-zero could damage your engine as the temperature is below the working temperature for such rating hence zero or less effective lubrication as oil tends to loose it viscosity property as it freezes up in the engine, like wise using Oil way higher than the manufacturer recommendation in hot condition like that of Nigeria would be doing more damages to your engine than good as viscosity also breakdown at high temperature which could send your engine to early grave at just speeding up a bit during dry season or slight fault in the cooling system.

Read and stop been a jack ass wasting money on imported oil for nothing, has it ever occurs to you why most oil manufacturer in Nigeria produces 20W locally and their 0W and 5W variant are always imported for ignorant people like you, its because that should be the industrial standard to our weather condition and average temperature.

If your car is still under warranty then recommended oil is to satisfy all asunder to keep your warranty, else in Nigeria you are just another Mugu paying for imported oil causing forex flight believing it to be better than what is obtainable locally.

Now please read and have knowledge of what lubricating technology is all about and thanks me later.

Your car, your money your oil, your decision. Its not my biz.
I only hope unenlightened folks won't stick to this unfortunate advice.

1 Like

Re: Man Charged N953k By Mechanic After His Car Broke Down In Lekki Flood by ScottGerald27: 9:00pm On Jul 12, 2017
Share the national cake mbok. Na only lekki "residents" waka come Lagos?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

An Ideal Car For A N80k Monthly Salary Earner. Please advice. / The Beast: 9 Things To Know About President Trump’s Inherited Limo / Working On A Clients Car, An Then I Saw This

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.