Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,163 members, 7,916,404 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 10:35 PM

Chiwetel Ejiofor Celebrates His 40th Birthday Today - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Chiwetel Ejiofor Celebrates His 40th Birthday Today (18719 Views)

Chiwetel Ejiofor Celebrates His 43rd Birthday Today / 9ice Celebrates His 40th Birthday Today / Chiwetel Ejiofor And Beyonce To Star In ‘The Lion King' Remake (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chiwetel Ejiofor Celebrates His 40th Birthday Today by pyyxxaro: 8:58am On Jul 10, 2017
managersam:

The distance between you and common sense is like this...

Your pikin papa left testes grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chiwetel Ejiofor Celebrates His 40th Birthday Today by Nobody: 8:58am On Jul 10, 2017
agadez007:
The Greatest Fool is One Who Fools himself

Am sure you would lead the Pack with you Yoruba brothers to call them Flatron,IPOB etc if they were catch Smuggling drugs
Don't mind that efulefu
Re: Chiwetel Ejiofor Celebrates His 40th Birthday Today by managersam: 8:59am On Jul 10, 2017
pyyxxaro:

Your pikin papa left testes grin
lol

1 Like

Re: Chiwetel Ejiofor Celebrates His 40th Birthday Today by agadez007(m): 9:03am On Jul 10, 2017
Brownbarbie97:

Don't mind that efulefu
with Conc Igbotic name like Chiwetel Ejiofo,somebody is telling me he is british not Igbo
Re: Chiwetel Ejiofor Celebrates His 40th Birthday Today by Nobody: 9:04am On Jul 10, 2017
lofty900:
I just watched the movie "half of a yellow sun" and I must say, this guy is very talented. For those that are chanting biafra, I strongly recommend that you watch that movie, you'll learn a lot from it. You'll learn that biafra is not strong enough to stand on its own, you'll learn that biafra cannot win a civil war against Nigeria and you'll learn that war is not something you wake up one morning and fight. You'll also learn that the average igbo man is not built to fight like the hausa people, rather he's built to do business. Just watch the movie

Biafra lost the war cos the Fed side had the advantage of a naval blockade, and allies in Britain and Russia who supplied very expensive weapons Biafra couldn't afford. And Nigeria's currency change ensured all CBN money in Ojukwu's custody became useless at the start of the war. They are a lot of other reasons.

The book half of a yellow sun is not a story of the war so u don't expect to get a military account of the war from it.

You can start with the broken bridge. it's quite un biased.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chiwetel Ejiofor Celebrates His 40th Birthday Today by agadez007(m): 9:05am On Jul 10, 2017
KemjikaEme:

It's pure Yoruba stupiidity!
Wale and David Oyelowo can be Yorubas eventhough they identify as non Nigerians and represent a non Nigerian brand while their Igbo counterparts are always denied their African and Igbo identity each time their names come up.
Wale came down To Nigeria in 2016 for the First time in His Life,yet he is proud yoruba
Re: Chiwetel Ejiofor Celebrates His 40th Birthday Today by obiezed: 9:06am On Jul 10, 2017
Neddstark:

Stop reasoning like a dullard. When Chi Onwuah corrected that she is British, not Nigerian, why didn't you complain? Chiwetel was not born in Nigeria. Never lived here. Stayed here only for the filming of "Half of a yellow Sun". His parents are immigrants in the UK Same we can say for Michael Oyelowo. As for Anthony Joshua, the young man has been shifting his life between the UK and Nigeria, although more in the UK.

By the way, the time you're using to profess tribal superiority online would have been better used to improve your thinking perspective.
And please stop throwing tantrums up and down,only a fool would deny that if you are raised by any ethnicity, no matter how much of a coconut (brown on outside/white inside fakers)you might be,you would still have an affinity for that ethnicity, note,ethnicity is not nationality,you can be British and still Igbo or yoruba.so stop with the inferiority complex.
P.s,chiwetel has been to his hometown in Enugu severely and was just recently there for his sister's weeding to a Yoruba chap.even the scars on his face are from an accident on our great Benin -Onitsha expressway, when he was ten.
Happy birthday chewy, you are an inspiration to your generation.

2 Likes

Re: Chiwetel Ejiofor Celebrates His 40th Birthday Today by Neddstark: 9:08am On Jul 10, 2017
obiezed:

And please stop throwing tantrums up and down,only a fool would deny that if you are raised by any ethnicity, no matter how much of a coconut (brown on outside/white inside fakers)you might be,you would still have an affinity for that ethnicity, note,ethnicity is not nationality,you can be British and still Igbo or yoruba.so stop with the inferiority complex.
P.s,chiwetel has been to his hometown in Enugu severely and was just recently there for his sister's weeding to a Yoruba chap.even the scars on his face are from an accident on our great Benin -Onitsha expressway, when he was ten.
Happy birthday chewy, you are an inspiration to your generation.

Didn't know this much about Chiwetel. Thanks for the lots of info
Re: Chiwetel Ejiofor Celebrates His 40th Birthday Today by Neddstark: 9:09am On Jul 10, 2017
agadez007:
The Greatest Fool is One Who Fools himself

Am sure you would lead the Pack with you Yoruba brothers to call them Flatron,IPOB etc if they were catch Smuggling drugs

The Chiwetel I regard will never demean himself to smuggle drugs or run a baby factory
Re: Chiwetel Ejiofor Celebrates His 40th Birthday Today by Neddstark: 9:10am On Jul 10, 2017
Brownbarbie97:

STFU he is Igbo,he proudly bears "CHIWETELU EJIOFOR" which goes to prove that he is proud of his roots unlike some that answer "Anthony Joshua" to hide their yorubaness just so they'll be accepted by the whites.Igbo is Igbo whether in Nigeria or diaspora.Deal with it!!!!If it was crime related news now you'll be the first to call them "biafuros".Your divide and conquer tactics is dead on arrival,child of hate,antiquity and anger.Shameless and pathetic lots .If you are pained,kindly do the world a huge favor and end ur miserable life !!!Thank you

Have you bowed and worshipped Nnnamdi Kanu today? Please do grin grin
Re: Chiwetel Ejiofor Celebrates His 40th Birthday Today by KemjikaEme: 9:11am On Jul 10, 2017
Neddstark:

Stop reasoning like a dullard. When Chi Onwuah corrected that she is British, not Nigerian, why didn't you complain? Chiwetel was not born in Nigeria. Never lived here. Stayed here only for the filming of "Half of a yellow Sun". His parents are immigrants in the UK Same we can say for Michael Oyelowo. As for Anthony Joshua, the young man has been shifting his life between the UK and Nigeria, although more in the UK.

By the way, the time you're using to profess tribal superiority online would have been better used to improve your thinking perspective.
Their is a Huge difference between Tribe and Nationality.
The fact that Chi Onwurah, Ejiofor and other diaspora natives don't identify as Nigerians doesn't negate their ancestry and roots which could be Igbo, Yoruba or Bini as the case may be.
An individual has the prerogative to identify with a Nation that has nurtured and conditioned him,that doesn't give you the right to take away his ethnic identity away from him especially when he/she has not done so.
That is the reason for different groupings such as Igbo American, Hausa American, Yoruba American etc for natives with such ancestry.
You are just out to look for trouble and denigrate Igbos.
Non residency in a Nation and inability to speak Igbo language is not a prerequsite in determining an identity,afterall there are Nigerian Igbos scattered all over Nigeria,unable to speak Igbo language.
Last time i checked, Ejiofor has been to Igboland several times and he is proud of his Igbo roots. You can find his interviews during the filming of 12yrs a Slave!
They are British people with Igbo ancestry, period!
They can choose to identify as Biafrans whenever it is created or continue to identify as British,it is their prerogative!
Re: Chiwetel Ejiofor Celebrates His 40th Birthday Today by Sunshyne200(m): 9:16am On Jul 10, 2017
Thukzee011:
See my account balance is working for all mtn sim till now.

Why is your data expiring by SEPTEMBER 2016, and we are in July 2017? Please ehn, stop all this now!!!
Be legit for once.
Re: Chiwetel Ejiofor Celebrates His 40th Birthday Today by Nobody: 9:18am On Jul 10, 2017
Fifthcolumnist:

Biafra lost the war cos the Fed side had the advantage of a naval blockade, and allies in Britain and Russia who supplied very expensive weapons Biafra couldn't afford. And Nigeria's currency change ensured all CBN money in Ojukwu's custody became useless at the start of the war. They are a lot of other reasons.

The book half of a yellow sun is not a story of the war so u don't expect to get a military account of the war from it.

You can start with the broken bridge. it's quite un biased.
ur right it's not a story of War rather it's more of a love story but u can still learn from it

1 Like

Re: Chiwetel Ejiofor Celebrates His 40th Birthday Today by obiezed: 9:22am On Jul 10, 2017
Neddstark:

Didn't know this much about Chiwetel. Thanks for the lots of info
You are welcome,just chill with the other stuff,no be everything be about ethnicity, let's just celebrate ourselves sometimes without shade or feeling some type of way.after all, we all still family.
Re: Chiwetel Ejiofor Celebrates His 40th Birthday Today by ewosk: 9:31am On Jul 10, 2017
lofty900:
I just watched the movie "half of a yellow sun" and I must say, this guy is very talented. For those that are chanting biafra, I strongly recommend that you watch that movie, you'll learn a lot from it. You'll learn that biafra is not strong enough to stand on its own, you'll learn that biafra cannot win a civil war against Nigeria and you'll learn that war is not something you wake up one morning and fight. You'll also learn that the average igbo man is not built to fight like the hausa people, rather he's built to do business. Just watch the movie

Why is it that anytime someone says Biafra...War is what comes to mind...Which war did Nigeria fight to gain independence
Am Not from the East but am sympathetic to their plight, if they want out give them a referendum and see let them be from the result thereof...
Re: Chiwetel Ejiofor Celebrates His 40th Birthday Today by SplendidE(f): 9:44am On Jul 10, 2017
happy birthday sire wullnp
Re: Chiwetel Ejiofor Celebrates His 40th Birthday Today by Neddstark: 10:18am On Jul 10, 2017
obiezed:

You are welcome,just chill with the other stuff,no be everything be about ethnicity, let's just celebrate ourselves sometimes without shade or feeling some type of way.after all, we all still family.

Thanks bros. Much respect here

1 Like

Re: Chiwetel Ejiofor Celebrates His 40th Birthday Today by Neddstark: 10:21am On Jul 10, 2017
KemjikaEme:

Their is a Huge difference between Tribe and Nationality.
The fact that Chi Onwurah, Ejiofor and other diaspora natives don't identify as Nigerians doesn't negate their ancestry and roots which could be Igbo, Yoruba or Bini as the case may be.
An individual has the prerogative to identify with a Nation that has nurtured and conditioned him,that doesn't give you the right to take away his ethnic identity away from him especially when he/she has not done so.
That is the reason for different groupings such as Igbo American, Hausa American, Yoruba American etc for natives with such ancestry.
You are just out to look for trouble and denigrate Igbos.
Non residency in a Nation and inability to speak Igbo language is not a prerequsite in determining an identity,afterall there are Nigerian Igbos scattered all over Nigeria,unable to speak Igbo language.
Last time i checked, Ejiofor has been to Igboland several times and he is proud of his Igbo roots. You can find his interviews during the filming of 12yrs a Slave!
They are British people with Igbo ancestry, period!
They can choose to identify as Biafrans whenever it is created or continue to identify as British,it is their prerogative!

He's British nurtured, he has Nigerian ancestry. Not denying that. But like you said it is his prerogative to choose a nationality to identify with. He goes more with British lately but still respect his ancestry by taking up African roles. cool guy. I consent to all you said. Thanks. .
Re: Chiwetel Ejiofor Celebrates His 40th Birthday Today by pweetiedee(m): 11:01am On Jul 10, 2017
lofty900:

My dear, the movie is small.

let them read the book. Then they will know that war is not easy.
Re: Chiwetel Ejiofor Celebrates His 40th Birthday Today by Nobody: 11:18am On Jul 10, 2017
pweetiedee:

My dear, the movie is small.

let them read the book. Then they will know that war is not easy.

I want to read it too. Hw can I download it online
Re: Chiwetel Ejiofor Celebrates His 40th Birthday Today by Collins10(m): 1:48pm On Jul 10, 2017
lofty900:
God! That movie did not do justice to the war. The book did! Don't advise people to watch the movie. Ask them to read the book. You need to read it too. Did the movie tell you about a man being forced to eat his own excreta before being tied to a heavy cross and drowned? I guess not. The book tells you everything!

1 Like

Re: Chiwetel Ejiofor Celebrates His 40th Birthday Today by chiwetel(f): 1:00am On Jul 11, 2017
Awwwn,happy birthday namesake� wish you an extra share of everything that makes you happy.Keep
soaring high.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Charley Boy Leads 'Our Mumu Don Do Movement' To Clean Up Gwagwalada (Photos) / Goldie Poses With Ciara At Grammys Pre-event Party / Jidenna, Tiwa Savage Perform At The Heineken 'Live Your Music Party' - Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.