Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,938 members, 7,933,350 topics. Date: Wednesday, 28 August 2024 at 03:53 AM

5 Effective Ways To Break Phone Addiction - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 5 Effective Ways To Break Phone Addiction (15874 Views)

Google Has 3 New Apps That Could Help Reduce Phone Addiction / 6 Ways To Overcome Phone Addiction / 5 Effective Ways To Break Your Phone Addiction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Effective Ways To Break Phone Addiction by Finestface(f): 2:38pm On Jul 10, 2017
I need this badly
Re: 5 Effective Ways To Break Phone Addiction by drightguy(m): 2:39pm On Jul 10, 2017
Sell off your phone and buy nokia torch phone, it will work cool
Re: 5 Effective Ways To Break Phone Addiction by ONeMAnMOPOL: 2:39pm On Jul 10, 2017
cheesy
Laryne:
Nice one... phone is really taking the place of real life people. Imagine always chatting with a Lalastica you'll never meet and ignoring the neighbours next flat you always see...
grin
Laryne:
Nice one... phone is really taking the place of real life people. Imagine always chatting with a Lalastica you'll never meet and ignoring the neighbours next flat you always see...
Re: 5 Effective Ways To Break Phone Addiction by gloshennel: 2:40pm On Jul 10, 2017
I think the last one makes more sense!
Re: 5 Effective Ways To Break Phone Addiction by piagetskinner(m): 2:42pm On Jul 10, 2017
probably get urself a phone that cannot access the Internet....

if u need to use the internet use ur laptop...

people are not as addicted to their laptops as are to their phones....especially smartfones
Re: 5 Effective Ways To Break Phone Addiction by toseen7: 2:49pm On Jul 10, 2017
Op Thank you, but Kolewerk smiley
Re: 5 Effective Ways To Break Phone Addiction by joenor(m): 2:51pm On Jul 10, 2017
Yeah right bro
Re: 5 Effective Ways To Break Phone Addiction by Ay04z(m): 2:54pm On Jul 10, 2017
how abt me DAT made abt 85% of my income daily with my phone ..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Effective Ways To Break Phone Addiction by iammolise(m): 2:59pm On Jul 10, 2017
kiss Thanks broff, this post is the best I've read all day.
Have u been so phone addicted so much so that u even operate ur phone and lose a very important opportunity in ur life I.e a good job. I'm not saying smart phone are not good but y'all will testify with me that it contributed a great deal to the decadent era we are in today.
When I discovered how addicted I was with phone and how my moral standards degraded, I started taking steps to cut down on phone hours.. So this post has given me more steps on that.
So it's thumbs up from here Bro.
Re: 5 Effective Ways To Break Phone Addiction by iammolise(m): 3:02pm On Jul 10, 2017
kiss kiss Thanks broff, this post is the best I've read all day.
Have u been so phone addicted so much so that u even operate ur phone and lose a very important opportunity in ur life I.e a good job. I'm not saying smart phone are not good but y'all will testify with me that it contributed a great deal to the decadent era we are in today.
When I discovered how addicted I was with phone and how my moral standards degraded, I started taking steps to cut down on phone hours.. So this post has given me more steps on that.
So it's thumbs up from here Bro.
Re: 5 Effective Ways To Break Phone Addiction by Nobody: 3:32pm On Jul 10, 2017
Phone addiction is almost impossible to stop, Particularly in Nigeria where 1.5 GB is 5 times cheaper at night.Alot of night crawlers use it daily.Airtel night plan.
Re: 5 Effective Ways To Break Phone Addiction by cyber5(m): 3:59pm On Jul 10, 2017
lacoach:
I need deliverance . It has eaten me so deep that I can't breath without phone. I don't know if anyone is in my shoes

same here bro
i do fine without a phone especially if it gets spoilt or stolen but when i finally get another.

There must surely be a reason for me to press it
Re: 5 Effective Ways To Break Phone Addiction by NigerianScholar: 4:54pm On Jul 10, 2017
Most of your points re just words. I dont think a simple one will be effective

JARUSHUB:
An addiction is basically when a thing begins to control your life and interferes with your daily activities, work and relationships. When your phone starts to do that to you, it has become an addiction you need to immediately break. Jumia Travel, the leading online travel agency, shares 5 effective ways to break a phone addiction.

The First Few Minutes of Your Day

The first way to break a phone addiction is to dedicate the first 10 to 30 minutes of your day, at least, to planning and creating a good start to your day, rather than unlocking your phone to browse various internet or social media platforms. planning your day well. Wont guarantee you wont be stuck to your screen for the remaining hours of the day

Create No-Phone Periods

You have to be strict with this one because this can significantly decrease your productivity and efficiency once you are unable to carry it out. If you find yourself constantly being distracted by your phone, it is necessary to create a no-phone period, where for a specific number of minutes or hours you close off your phone and stay completely dedicated to your work.

Having a no phone period will only heighten your anticipation and give you more ideas of things to do when you finally get your phone back

Don’t Lose Sleep Over Your Phone

Set limits. You should never allow your phone deprive you of your sleep. Be disciplined and set limits. The moment you stop putting energy into caring for your basic needs and start putting all your time and energy into your phone, you are allowing your phone dictate your health and well-being. Please stop that, your phone is not worth your health.

This has nothing to do with stopping an addiction

Customize Your Notifications

The fact is the lesser notifications you receive, the less likely you are to get distracted by your smartphone and constantly check your smartphone. Therefore, customize your smartphone notifications by turning off notifications for the apps that distract you the most.
I see where you are trying to come from here. But still, this cant effective. As a former phone addict.
I always pick up my phone to reply a message before the notification comes up. It happens. Whether your phone is on silent mode or not. Your mind would stoll bug you to check

Work on Building Real Life Relationships

Rather than spending hours building virtual relationships, try to get real and work to develop real world relationships. Real world relationships are more physically and emotionally gratifying than virtual relationships, so try to move your relationships with people from your phone to a real world platform. Instead of chatting, try to meet up somewhere next time (but be careful with this however and take this step with people you are without a doubt sure you can trust. The key phrase here is ‘without a doubt’.)

this is text messaging addiction i guess. Probably the most effective of everything. After the physical part. It still boils down to "give me your number" and youll both chat away your lives. But the idea of using real world relationships to distract you from your phone can work. But it will take a ton of effort

source: http://www.opinions.ng/5-effective-ways-break-phone-addiction/

Re: 5 Effective Ways To Break Phone Addiction by adeniyisamuel59(m): 5:04pm On Jul 10, 2017
These things you just mentioned almost look impossible. I am so addicted to my phone that I could hardly eat without pressing phone , this has almost scattered my home. Seriously, I am disturbed; I need to disengage myself, it is taken a larger part of me.
Re: 5 Effective Ways To Break Phone Addiction by Yoshy: 5:16pm On Jul 10, 2017
Chai! I'm addicted to computer and phone. Though it pays me, I know restricting a bit will help me.
Re: 5 Effective Ways To Break Phone Addiction by MarkWayne89: 5:17pm On Jul 10, 2017
You can start with a smartwatch, for example. You will see on it only the important notifications and you won't be distracted by your phone that much.
Re: 5 Effective Ways To Break Phone Addiction by MarkWayne89: 5:18pm On Jul 10, 2017
Like a Moto 360, for example. Sorry for double posting.
Re: 5 Effective Ways To Break Phone Addiction by adavizeh100(m): 7:03pm On Jul 10, 2017
lolz.... kolewerk.... once you are addicted you're addicted... to me determination is everything...
Re: 5 Effective Ways To Break Phone Addiction by directonpc(m): 7:48pm On Jul 10, 2017
6. Get one super smartphone from http://7rl.in/jAnd and enjoy your life.
Re: 5 Effective Ways To Break Phone Addiction by Nobody: 7:52pm On Jul 10, 2017
Its like you are telling me what I am doing, as opposed to how to stop doing it. grin
Re: 5 Effective Ways To Break Phone Addiction by lacoach: 8:05pm On Jul 10, 2017
angelbulksms:

So who should visit Synagogue?
You or your phone? grin

http://angelbulksms.com/bulk-sms-reseller

It's me .
Re: 5 Effective Ways To Break Phone Addiction by mirrakk(m): 10:47pm On Jul 10, 2017
you are telling me to stay off nairaland
Re: 5 Effective Ways To Break Phone Addiction by Ennyholar: 11:13pm On Jul 10, 2017
I'm battling with this problem
Re: 5 Effective Ways To Break Phone Addiction by Christianihechi: 3:44pm On Jul 21, 2023
1. Stop Charging Your Phone Near Your Bed

2. Get An Actual(Physical) Alarm Clock

3. Turn Off Your App Notifications

4. Delete Addictive and Less Useful Apps

5. Pick Up Your Phone When Needed and Keep It Immediately You’re Done

6. Try a No Phone Day Once Per Week

7. Try Going Out To Places Without Your Phone

You can read more from https://christianihechi.com/self-improvement/how-to-break-phone-addiction

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Much Does It Cost To Fix Galaxy S10 Screen? / Who else Is Having This Geniex Notification Pop Up Every Time? / Chinese Brands Take The Lead On The List Of Global Top Brands 2022-2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.