Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,949 members, 7,919,067 topics. Date: Monday, 12 August 2024 at 08:38 PM

Warren Buffett Sets Personal Record, Donates $3.17 Billion To Charity - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Warren Buffett Sets Personal Record, Donates $3.17 Billion To Charity (1552 Views)

Abdulsamad Rabiu Donates ₦1 Billion To Support COVID-19 Response / Warren Buffett Never Spends More Than $3.17 On Breakfast / Kindness: Warren Buffett Gives Out $3.17 Billion To Charity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Warren Buffett Sets Personal Record, Donates $3.17 Billion To Charity by joshkiddies: 11:35am On Jul 11, 2017
Just as he had done in the past, Billionaire Businnessman, Warren Buffett on Monday donated roughly $3.17 billion of Berkshire Hathaway Inc stock to the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and four family charities, his largest contribution in a more than decade-long plan to give away his fortune topping last year’s $2.86 billion gift, thanks to the rising value of his conglomerate’s share price over the past year, to charity.

Most of the donation (about $2.4 billion) was placed in the hands of the richest man on the planet, Bill Gates. The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, run by the Microsoft cofounder and his wife, focuses on causes like ending world poverty, improving U.S. schools and combating infectious diseases like HIV, polio and malaria.

Buffett also gave hundreds of millions to four charities connected to close family members: the Susan Thompson Buffett Foundation, the charity named for his late wife that focuses on family planning programs and college scholarships, plus each of his three children’s foundations — the Howard G. Buffett Foundation, the Sherwood Foundation and the NoVo Foundation — which are run by Howard, Susan and Peter Buffett, respectively.

http://www.lailasblog.com/2017/07/warren-buffett-sets-personal-record-donates-3-17-billion-charity-single-day.html

Lalasticlala

1 Share

Re: Warren Buffett Sets Personal Record, Donates $3.17 Billion To Charity by ElSherriff: 11:38am On Jul 11, 2017
Chia, that .17bn USD on top can change me, my wife, my family, hers, their own families, and we will still have money to donate to Lekki Wives to cushion flood effect. God bless you Warren. We await our day of donation!
Re: Warren Buffett Sets Personal Record, Donates $3.17 Billion To Charity by officialteemi(m): 11:38am On Jul 11, 2017
other guys read playboy.
i read company report.....
.....meanwhile in nigeria, wia is the work sef for u to read the report.. shocked
Re: Warren Buffett Sets Personal Record, Donates $3.17 Billion To Charity by Seeker17(m): 11:45am On Jul 11, 2017
shocked . This dude is something else

(1) (Reply)

I Am Self Employed. Help Me Fill Out My Survey On Google Forms Please / Business Venture For All Manufacturing And Producing Companies / Business Or Government Contract?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.