Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,212 members, 7,887,561 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 10:39 AM

I Will Lead The War If Anybody Kills Any Igbo Man -orji Kalu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Lead The War If Anybody Kills Any Igbo Man -orji Kalu (2580 Views)

RECAP: BREAKING: There'll Be War If They Rig This Election, Says Uche Secondus / 'There Will Be War If They Rig This Election' - Uche Secondus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Will Lead The War If Anybody Kills Any Igbo Man -orji Kalu by Handsomecole(m): 5:59pm On Jul 11, 2017
I will lead the war if anybody kills any Igbo man -Orji Kalu

--July11,1017

A former Abia State governor, Orji Uzor Kalu, has warned that the South East region will not take lightly any act of violence against indigenes of the region in other parts of the country.
Mr. Kalu spoke Tuesday on a programme aired on the Africa Television Authority, AIT.
His comment was in response to the threat by some northern youth for Nigerians of Igbo ethnic nationality to leave the northern region by October 1 or be forced out.
He said the comments were coming from “unserious northerners”.
At a separate occasion, the former governor had earlier said Nigeria had gone past “quit notice”, and urged Nigerians to live in peace.
But pressed on the AIT programme, Mr. Kalu said, “Anybody that touches any Igbo man in terms of (saying) that we should quit; the country will go into war, and I will lead the war; if Igbos are touched”.

He continued: *“Nobody can touch Igbos because this is our country. If anybody kills any of our brothers, we will go and fight back. We will not take it lightly that anybody kills any of us and then you will tell us to go and take it lightly again; no! We will not take that,”* said Mr. Kalu.

Again, he dismissed the call for repatriation of Igbo from the north as “nothing”, saying the threat came from “unscrupulous Nigerians seeking cheap popularity”.

*“The quit notice means nothing; I know when northerners speak, I will see their hand when they speak, I was trained by them so I know when they are serious.*

*“No reasonable northern elder will do that; did Adamu Ciroma say so? Did Babangida say so? Did President Abdulsalam say so? Will Aliko support that? Only people who are looking for cheap popularity.”

“When you say northern elders, I don’t know whether Sultan, Emir of Kano and his likes are asking us to quit. If all these people come out and say we should quit; we will quit. We are not afraid of quitting. But Nigerian unity is more important,” Mr. Kalu said.

Speaking on the way forward, the former governor said Nigeria’s religious and community leaders have a huge responsibility to inculcate the culture of nation building among Nigerians.

“The hatred is too much. I think the best way is to get religious leaders to start preaching peace. You cannot imagine that if something happens in Pakistan; they will go and kill Igbo or kill someone from the south. That is not right,” said Mr. Kalu.

Re: I Will Lead The War If Anybody Kills Any Igbo Man -orji Kalu by HungerBAD: 6:00pm On Jul 11, 2017
He has a point.

The North youths that gave that notice, have no right to tell other Nigerian's to quit their region because of tribal affiliations.

Violence is not something that should be encouraged,as no man or tribe has any kind of monopoly over it.

Uzor Kalu as a leader too,should continue preaching love and stop this i will lead the fight talk.

Those that have seen combats,blood and sufferings are usually not in a hurry to go back and witness more.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Lead The War If Anybody Kills Any Igbo Man -orji Kalu by fran6co(m): 6:00pm On Jul 11, 2017
Re: I Will Lead The War If Anybody Kills Any Igbo Man -orji Kalu by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jul 11, 2017
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
grin grin grin grin grin

11 Likes

Re: I Will Lead The War If Anybody Kills Any Igbo Man -orji Kalu by hucienda: 6:02pm On Jul 11, 2017
The Igbo man in him speaks still despite becoming a political 'saint' of recent. Make im go check Rochas.

3 Likes

Re: I Will Lead The War If Anybody Kills Any Igbo Man -orji Kalu by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 6:02pm On Jul 11, 2017
The ship is about to sink grin

4 Likes

Re: I Will Lead The War If Anybody Kills Any Igbo Man -orji Kalu by zombieHUNTER: 6:07pm On Jul 11, 2017
Sometimes that " thing" pops out
No matter how u suppress it
No matter how u wanna hide it
It's in us
The never say die attitude of an Igbo man
Na follow come jare

15 Likes

Re: I Will Lead The War If Anybody Kills Any Igbo Man -orji Kalu by prospero5(m): 6:09pm On Jul 11, 2017
so northern youths cannot play with you?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Will Lead The War If Anybody Kills Any Igbo Man -orji Kalu by Nasa28(m): 6:13pm On Jul 11, 2017
ok
Re: I Will Lead The War If Anybody Kills Any Igbo Man -orji Kalu by ephi123(f): 6:18pm On Jul 11, 2017
Even Mister BMC is talking on this thread, hehehe.
Re: I Will Lead The War If Anybody Kills Any Igbo Man -orji Kalu by richeeyo(m): 6:23pm On Jul 11, 2017
Any igbo man that leads a war always end up running from the battle field dressed like a woman

4 Likes

Re: I Will Lead The War If Anybody Kills Any Igbo Man -orji Kalu by Nobody: 6:24pm On Jul 11, 2017
Ndi igbo kwenu

2 Likes

Re: I Will Lead The War If Anybody Kills Any Igbo Man -orji Kalu by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jul 11, 2017
What i know is igbos are great people

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Lead The War If Anybody Kills Any Igbo Man -orji Kalu by oladeebo: 6:32pm On Jul 11, 2017
lucky999:
What i know is igbos are great people
in front of money not war!

3 Likes

Re: I Will Lead The War If Anybody Kills Any Igbo Man -orji Kalu by Shome36(m): 6:37pm On Jul 11, 2017
Which war is this idiot talking about? Did he really thinks they can stand the north ?

1st OCT loading........
we'll show you that we're not those cowards that issue empty threat

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: I Will Lead The War If Anybody Kills Any Igbo Man -orji Kalu by conductor11: 6:38pm On Jul 11, 2017
richeeyo:
Any igbo man that leads a war always end up running from the battle field dressed like a woman
No wonder Afonja sold Ilorin to Fulanis.. wink cheesy

13 Likes

Re: I Will Lead The War If Anybody Kills Any Igbo Man -orji Kalu by SoNature(m): 7:41pm On Jul 11, 2017
Coming from Orji-Uzo, I believe him. This is because I know how he used Bakassi Boys to finish up northerners in Abia State when he was governor.

Yes, they were busy massacring Igbos in the north and Aba boys in collaboration with Bakassi Boys returned the favour.

Nobody has the monopoly of violence

Orji-Uzo is a rugged street, rich man

He doesn't give a damn!

1 Like

Re: I Will Lead The War If Anybody Kills Any Igbo Man -orji Kalu by Princesaha: 8:43pm On Jul 11, 2017
Shome36:
Which war is this idiot talking about?
Did he really thinks they can stand the north ?

1st OCT loading........

Are you OK at all? I am just happy that Yorubas and Middle belters are maintaining their lane this time around. It is just between Hausa/Fulanis and Igbos and lets see how it goes. You will witness the greatest kind of self defence in that your north, not to talk of your brothers down here that we will use for "human barbecue"

9 Likes

Re: I Will Lead The War If Anybody Kills Any Igbo Man -orji Kalu by Shome36(m): 8:51pm On Jul 11, 2017
Princesaha:

Are you OK at all? I am just happy that Yorubas and Middle belters are maintaining their lane this time around. It is just between Hausa/Fulanis and Igbos and lets see how it goes. You will witness the greatest kind of self defence in that your north, not to talk of your brothers down here that we will use for "human barbecue"
I'm not here to argue/bragg..... let's Wait for the time to come
Re: I Will Lead The War If Anybody Kills Any Igbo Man -orji Kalu by Handsomecole(m): 8:54pm On Jul 11, 2017
I think we need appreciate his comment . How many political Igbo leaders can ever speak up like him , none !!! Ever since he has been the only political Igbo leader speaking up even going as far as being the ist to visit Nnamdi Kanu in prison when others were not bold enough to do so. The likes of Ekweremadu who have been at the corridors of power have not been able to speak up courageously like OUK . He may not believe in Biafra but the interest of the Igbos should always be reprsented.

1 Like

Re: I Will Lead The War If Anybody Kills Any Igbo Man -orji Kalu by Nobody: 9:08pm On Jul 11, 2017
Yinmu. The ones they don kill nko? What has he done?
Re: I Will Lead The War If Anybody Kills Any Igbo Man -orji Kalu by Alariwo2: 9:14pm On Jul 11, 2017
HungerBAD:
He has a point.

The North youths that gave that notice, have no right to tell other Nigerian's to quit their region because of tribal affiliations.

Violence is not something that should be encouraged,as no man or tribe has any kind of monopoly over it.

Uzor Kalu as a leader too,should continue preaching love and stop this i will lead the fight talk.

Those that have seen combats,blood and sufferings are usually not in a hurry to go back and witness more.

I totally disagree with you on this one.

Igbos are very crafty by nature but not as wise as the Yoruba man. Hausas are being blunt with the truth unlike Yorubas.

Igbos should vacate other people's lands and go back home to develop theirs. Where do they expect the real owners based abroad to return to when they decide to relocate to their ancestral lands.
It's high time we called a spade a spade abeg.. enough of those parasites freedom, insulting others going about their normal lives and wanting to hold the entire country to ransom. Fvck them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Will Lead The War If Anybody Kills Any Igbo Man -orji Kalu by Paretomaster(m): 9:16pm On Jul 11, 2017
HungerBAD:
He has a point.

They only asked them to leave, but u r deaf, and dumb when KWUNU, and his cohorts were busy insulting everyone, calling for war etc.. .

As for Uzor Kalu, grandfather of flattinoes, OJUKWU, made more mouth than this, alas in the end, he did a 4/40 to Abidjan. ....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Will Lead The War If Anybody Kills Any Igbo Man -orji Kalu by daben1(m): 9:18pm On Jul 11, 2017
Lead which war? You that will disappear

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Will Lead The War If Anybody Kills Any Igbo Man -orji Kalu by reuben79: 9:28pm On Jul 11, 2017
pple dat finance nnmadi cownu ar comin out small small.......we shall knw them all be 2019 election

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Will Lead The War If Anybody Kills Any Igbo Man -orji Kalu by conductor11: 9:35pm On Jul 11, 2017
reuben79:
pple dat finance nnmadi cownu ar comin out small small.......we shall knw them all be 2019 election
When are you going to uncover the people who sponsored Baddo and skull miners that are threatening to send your Afonja tribe into extinction? cheesy

2 Likes

Re: I Will Lead The War If Anybody Kills Any Igbo Man -orji Kalu by chimeee: 9:43pm On Jul 11, 2017
if it's called war, other region staying aside, Hausa and Fulani is no match to the igbo,but war has not help anyone but rather more trouble.
Re: I Will Lead The War If Anybody Kills Any Igbo Man -orji Kalu by Handsomecole(m): 9:44pm On Jul 11, 2017
just read ur useless comments . Leave where after investing millions into trillions . Who asked your so called real owners to abandon their land. Maybe cos they never saw anything good not until Igbos developed the place which has valued into billions now u xpect them to leave so u people can take over their properties . Bunch of lazy opportunists . IGBO ARE GOING NO WHERE!!! Nonsense infact BADOO fall on you.
Alariwo2:

I totally disagree with you on this one.

Igbos are very crafty by nature but not as wise as the Yoruba man. Hausas are being blunt with the truth unlike Yorubas.

Igbos should vacate other people's lands and go back home to develop theirs. Where do they expect the real owners based abroad to return to when they decide to relocate to their ancestral lands.
It's high time we called a spade a spade abeg.. enough of those parasites freedom, insulting others going about their normal lives and wanting to hold the entire country to ransom. Fvck them.

6 Likes

Re: I Will Lead The War If Anybody Kills Any Igbo Man -orji Kalu by Handsomecole(m): 9:45pm On Jul 11, 2017
If have what they called sense you want spill this rubbish.
reuben79:
Re: I Will Lead The War If Anybody Kills Any Igbo Man -orji Kalu by samkay3g(m): 9:50pm On Jul 11, 2017
chest beater

1 Like

Re: I Will Lead The War If Anybody Kills Any Igbo Man -orji Kalu by Nossa(m): 10:03pm On Jul 11, 2017
Shome36:
Which war is this idiot talking about?
Did he really thinks they can stand the north ?

1st OCT loading........

If you don't carry out your threat your mama
Re: I Will Lead The War If Anybody Kills Any Igbo Man -orji Kalu by Nossa(m): 10:11pm On Jul 11, 2017
Paretomaster:

They only asked them to leave, but u r deaf, and dumb when KWUNU, and his cohorts were busy insulting everyone, calling for war etc.. .

As for Uzor Kalu, grandfather of flattinoes, OJUKWU, made more mouth than this, alas in the end, he did a 4/40 to Abidjan. ....

You are free to say whatever that gives you orgasm, you lot will be the biggest cowards ever if you chicken out on your threat, I just can't wait for October.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Mistakes Of Kanu.... / Why Chasing Rats when the house is on Fire? / Tinubu’s reconciliation committee, last penalty for APC – Shehu Sani

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.