Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,888 members, 7,915,559 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 06:48 AM

'kidnappers Should Be Publicly Executed To Serve As Deterrent To Others' - Umahi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'kidnappers Should Be Publicly Executed To Serve As Deterrent To Others' - Umahi (617 Views)

Emmanuel Oscar And Yohanah Kilus Executed By Boko Haram In Borno / Dickson: I Came Prepared To Serve As Bayelsa Poly Matriculates 264 Students / Shehu Sani Removes His Belt To Serve As Mace After It Was Stolen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

'kidnappers Should Be Publicly Executed To Serve As Deterrent To Others' - Umahi by auntysimbiat(f): 9:29pm On Jul 11, 2017
[img]http://1.bp..com/-seF0JozpAEk/WWSoHop7mQI/AAAAAAAMz4Y/vdp02F5_TowIJZLTSVpckpCs4FKKIutLACLcBGAs/s1600/99.jpg[/img]

With the case of Evans, the notorious kidnap kingpin still ongoing, Governor David Umahi of Ebonyi State has suggested that 'Death Penalty' serves as the capital punishment for any arrested kidnapper in Nigeria. According to him, they should be publicly executed in other to serve as a deterrent to others.

Speaking in Abakaliki during an anti-corruption summit organized by the state government, Umahi said if such punishment is being implemented, it will help reduce the high rate of kidnapping in Nigeria.

Umahi said:
“What these people do is worse than death, imagine kidnapping someone, blindfolding and chaining the person in one place for six months or more than that, it is worse than death and people who indulge in such deserve to be publicly executed to serve as a deterrent to others.”
Also speaking at the summit themed: ‘Institutionalization of Good Governance for Sustainable Development’, the chairman of the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission (ICPC) Ekpo Nta said good governance can never be achieved in a corrupt environment.

According to him,
“Corruption thrives where all these processes are prevalent and corrupt persons seize these opportunities. ICPC relies heavily on promoting anti-corruption through robust prevention strategies.

“The United Nations Convention Against Corruption, UNAC strongly recommends that most of our strategies be channelled into prevention processes. This is the practice adopted by countries that have successfully reduced corrupt processes.”

cc lalasticlala seun

SOURCE: http://www.nairanaijanews.com/2017/07/kidnappers-should-be-publicly-executed.html
Re: 'kidnappers Should Be Publicly Executed To Serve As Deterrent To Others' - Umahi by auntysimbiat(f): 9:29pm On Jul 11, 2017
Na xo...
Re: 'kidnappers Should Be Publicly Executed To Serve As Deterrent To Others' - Umahi by adonbilivit: 9:32pm On Jul 11, 2017
I concur. I also recommend that treasury looters should be given the same treatment.

Looting, in my opinion, is worse than kidnapping coz when u loot, it affects more people. Money meant to develop the country is looted by politicians. Looting is the reason we have bad roads which in turn causes avoidable accidents, it is the reason we have millions of jobless youths. I am not justifying kidnapping but some people are into it because those who looted our treasury rendered the youths unemployed. No enabling environment, no jobs, no shingban. Before u execute the kidnappers please start with those that pushed them into the act by way of looting away the money that would have been used in creating employment directly and indirectly for the teeming population.

2 Likes

Re: 'kidnappers Should Be Publicly Executed To Serve As Deterrent To Others' - Umahi by Evablizin(f): 9:32pm On Jul 11, 2017
Oga umahi you say wetin go reduce?
Re: 'kidnappers Should Be Publicly Executed To Serve As Deterrent To Others' - Umahi by Caustics: 9:34pm On Jul 11, 2017
bad idea. too much gore in the media. we dont want more. jungle justice is a better option
Re: 'kidnappers Should Be Publicly Executed To Serve As Deterrent To Others' - Umahi by greatface(m): 9:52pm On Jul 11, 2017
LET ME PACK WELL BEFORE OTHERS TAKE MY SPACE
Re: 'kidnappers Should Be Publicly Executed To Serve As Deterrent To Others' - Umahi by Lanretoye(m): 10:33pm On Jul 11, 2017
Because na una family dem dey kidnap...lubbish!
So wetin make dem do to looters.
Re: 'kidnappers Should Be Publicly Executed To Serve As Deterrent To Others' - Umahi by jiangchu: 10:41pm On Jul 11, 2017
same as looters. one for the poor and one for the rich.
Re: 'kidnappers Should Be Publicly Executed To Serve As Deterrent To Others' - Umahi by naija247: 10:48pm On Jul 11, 2017
What of corrupt people wey thief our money??
Re: 'kidnappers Should Be Publicly Executed To Serve As Deterrent To Others' - Umahi by Actuarydeji(m): 10:48pm On Jul 11, 2017
The same thing should be done to those that are stealing our money and also raping us in day break. God will punish them, but we need to stand up for our right
Re: 'kidnappers Should Be Publicly Executed To Serve As Deterrent To Others' - Umahi by Nobody: 10:51pm On Jul 11, 2017
yes ooo
execute that Anambra kidnapper
At least we now know most of them indulge in crime to make money
Enugu people stand with Umahi
Re: 'kidnappers Should Be Publicly Executed To Serve As Deterrent To Others' - Umahi by bantudra: 11:44pm On Jul 11, 2017
adonbilivit:
I concur. I also recommend that treasury looters should be given the same treatment.

Looting, in my opinion, is worse than kidnapping coz when u loot, it affects more people. Money meant to develop the country is looted by politicians. Looting is the reason we have bad roads which in turn causes avoidable accidents, it is the reason we have millions of jobless youths. I am not justifying kidnapping but some people are into it because those who looted our treasury rendered the youths unemployed. No enabling environment, no jobs, no shingban. Before u execute the kidnappers please start with those that pushed them into the act by way of looting away the money that would have been used in creating employment directly and indirectly for the teeming population.

soooo,that means jonathan should be sentenced to death too...good,good..i like your idea... wink

1 Like

Re: 'kidnappers Should Be Publicly Executed To Serve As Deterrent To Others' - Umahi by adonbilivit: 6:52am On Jul 12, 2017
bantudra:

soooo,that means jonathan should be sentenced to death too...good,good..i like your idea... wink
not here for Afonja vs IPOB shiit. I know that's what u want but I am not cut out for that. I am a Nigerian.
Re: 'kidnappers Should Be Publicly Executed To Serve As Deterrent To Others' - Umahi by fergie001: 7:12am On Jul 12, 2017
bantudra:

so na only Jonathan you see,what about Tinubu,Buhari,Orji Uzor Kalu,Atiku,Fashola,Amaechi,Ambode,etc.
Stop bigotry,it kills faster than you can imagine.

(1) (Reply)

Exclusive: Nigeria Budget, Signed Into Law but Still Being Amended- Reuters / A Letter To Biafra / Finally Court Frees Man Who Named His Dog Buhari(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.