Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,440 members, 7,971,593 topics. Date: Thursday, 10 October 2024 at 12:29 PM

Pay House Rent Or Pay Tithe - Religion (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pay House Rent Or Pay Tithe (20136 Views)

Poll: Do I Pay the Rent or Go Ahead and Pay my Tithe Now

Rent First: 63% (105 votes)
Tithe Takes Precedent: 36% (60 votes)
This poll has ended

Ghana Millionaire Says He Does Not Pay Tithe / Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? / Do I Need To Pay Tithe Form My Gamble Wins? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pay House Rent Or Pay Tithe by KunleOshob(m): 4:49pm On Feb 10, 2010
ogajim:

=> Maybe I'll make a snowman and name him viaro cheesy

i would sure love to kick that snow man in the butt grin
Re: Pay House Rent Or Pay Tithe by ogajim(m): 5:57pm On Feb 10, 2010
LOL@ Kunle

"Can't we all just get along?", The accumulation is too much for snow angels
Re: Pay House Rent Or Pay Tithe by woye77: 10:21pm On Feb 12, 2010
viaro:

Haha. . I will email you later (and maybe both pilgrim.1 and mavebox and mabell would join us too, hahahaha!! grin grin )
Traugott:

Ogajim: Independent thinking? Pets? Be assured I have no pets either, have never believed in serfdom, and have never participated in it.

Viaro: sorry I said all the above, and Im thankful I didnt even say more in a bid to elucidate matters. Ogajim and KunleOshob's responses show that it was an arrant waste of efforts.

my guys viaro, traugott - others - join me on a new topic - click the link below

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-397372.0.html
Re: Pay House Rent Or Pay Tithe by viaro: 12:43am On Feb 13, 2010
woye77:

my guys viaro, traugott - others - join me on a new topic - click the link below

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-397372.0.html

Thanks for the invitation. wink
Re: Pay House Rent Or Pay Tithe by afiq(m): 2:41am On Feb 13, 2010
yawnnnnnnnn
Re: Pay House Rent Or Pay Tithe by 8oracle(m): 5:08pm On Feb 13, 2010
The law of tithe was given to maintain the welfare of the levitical priests,(Levi tribe) who are exemptef from inheriting any possession.who also pay tithe from what they are given for support of true wordhip. I dont need to quote a lot of scriptures here. Beside this, they Isrealites are encouraged to contributed a 10th part of their agricultural produce to support their worship. if one should contributed same by monetary form, he or she should pay a 15th part.

But christ coming has ended such mosaic law (Romans 10vs4) So christains are no longer under the obligation to pay tithe.

Motley crews of layabouts who call themselves men of God has been scamming persons out of their valuables. Go ahead and pay your rent. God have called you to peace.
Re: Pay House Rent Or Pay Tithe by mabell: 6:54pm On Feb 13, 2010
KunleOshob:

Becos there are so many wolves in sheeps clothing [which our lord Jesus christ warned us about] parading themselves as menof God. Some of us have decided to stand up for the faith and share the undiluted trtuhs with our brethen. Unfortunately this topic has to do with a major source of filthy lucreamongst those who claim to serve God and they are not ready to give up this lucrative source of illicit gain so they nd their disciple fight us with all they have got instead of searching the scriptures to see what it really says. I am not suprised so many people are being deceived cos Jesus warned us that even the very elect God's chosen ones would almost be deceved how much less the thoroughly brainwashed lost sheep that form the congregation of most of these false churches.
mr patriotism, who sent you?!
Re: Pay House Rent Or Pay Tithe by Annunaki(m): 7:07pm On Feb 13, 2010
@mabell
Kunleoshob is one of the witnesses sent by the elohims.
Re: Pay House Rent Or Pay Tithe by mabell: 9:31am On Feb 15, 2010
Annunaki:

@mabell
Kunleoshob is one of the witnesses sent by the elohims.
yes! Jehova's witnesses AND YOU ARE ONE OF HIS PERSONAL FOLLOWERS
Re: Pay House Rent Or Pay Tithe by efosanice: 9:35am On Feb 15, 2010
dear poster
a lot of advice here are very carnal . not that i'm trying to sound spiritual but that's the truth.
true christians are meant to tithe and your tithe is the only thing that you can use to table your case before God in times of trouble.

god knows you need a house and he will supply, the things of God are foolishness to the world.
your tithe touches God directly, pastor or no pastor

Even if you lose the house, the lord would provide something else, if you believe him and trust him, he won't leave you stranded.

and this might just be a test for something great from God and if you fail you won't even know.
as for me , i would not give the lord something that costs me nothing.
Re: Pay House Rent Or Pay Tithe by efosanice: 9:43am On Feb 15, 2010
that statement by viatro is a well structured lie from the pit of hell.

tithe belongs to GOd, offering is free-willed, don't let him mix the two up . Even though ive seen that what they said about your mind already made is true, you just needed people to back you up and on nairaland you would find a million to lead you in the wrong direction.
Re: Pay House Rent Or Pay Tithe by ttalks(m): 9:55am On Feb 15, 2010
efosanice:

that statement by viatro is a well structured lie from the pit of hell.

tithe belongs to GOd, offering is free-willed, don't let him mix the two up . Even though ive seen that what they said about your mind already made is true, you just needed people to back you up and on nairaland you would find a million to lead you in the wrong direction.

What is this mongoloid(in reasoning) saying? 
You simply have no idea about anything. No single clue!
Re: Pay House Rent Or Pay Tithe by KunleOshob(m): 10:03am On Feb 15, 2010
mabell:

yes! Jehova's witnesses AND YOU ARE ONE OF HIS PERSONAL FOLLOWERS

I am certainly not a jehovah witness even though i believe they are closer to the true gospel of christ than you deluded pentecostal folks. tongue If you really want to know i am non-denominational and i derive my doctrine directly from the teachings of Jesus himself in the bible and the works of his apostles. I don't accept obsolete jewish teachings borrowed and twisted from Judaism such as tithing as part of true christian doctrine. All true christians should learn to focus more on christ and less on their churches/pastors many of whom might not be emphasizing the core teachings of christ and the true way to salvation.

@efosanice
Kindly state one scripture quoted in it's proper context that christians are taught to tithe and i don't mean scriptures directed to the jewish people in the old testament who were practising a totally seperate religion from christianity. That aside how come the false version of tithing practised today has no semblance with the biblical version as practised and defined in the bible? You may want to check deuteronomy 14:22-29 to find out how tithes is defined and practised as instructed by God contrary to the fraudulent version preached today
Re: Pay House Rent Or Pay Tithe by efosanice: 10:04am On Feb 15, 2010
@folly24
i understand what you mean.
Re: Pay House Rent Or Pay Tithe by KunleOshob(m): 10:16am On Feb 15, 2010
efosanice:

@folly24
i understand what you mean.

My position is that tithing is not a christian requirement as taught by christ and the apostles and that tithing was only introduced into christianity much later by the catholic church through the twisting of Malachi 3:10 which was directed at the Jewish people who were under the levitical laws of that time. Christians are not under levitical laws neither do we practise the levitical priesthood so tithing is not relevant to christianity. That aside the tithing practised today has no sound biblical basis, it is a twisted version of biblical tithing that is why i gave you that deuteronomy passage to read.
Re: Pay House Rent Or Pay Tithe by efosanice: 10:18am On Feb 15, 2010
@newsroom
this guy obviously does not have a bible not to talk of reading it. tithing is one of the things that is discussed in both old and new testaments, the levites were supposed to take the tithe then in isreal on behalf of god and In Mal 3:9 , god said you have robbed me therefore a curse is upon you because you didn't pay tithe,  you are not giving your tithe to the pastor, you are giving it to god. it says in verse 10 , bring the tithe into my house so that they may be food in my house.

the tithe is the lords it is not an offering, you can do whatever you like with your money but a 10th of your income whether salary or not belongs to God.
Re: Pay House Rent Or Pay Tithe by KunleOshob(m): 11:03am On Feb 15, 2010
@efosanice
Evidently you know very little about what tithes is all about and what the bible really says about it thus you depend on pulpit intepretation of the most abuse passage [malachi 3:8-10] in the bible. I suggest you read this this thread form the beginning and search for other topics on tithing on this forum before you start blabbing as if you have a clue about what tithing really is. Have you read the sricpture i gave you? Read it for a start then you can start asking questions as you obvioulsy have very little to contribute as far as tithing knowledge is concerned.

PS: tithing is one of the most hotly and thoroughly debated topics on this forum, so don't come and start brandishingf that over recycled malachi passage here, it as been thoroughly debated and discarded as irrelevant on this forum. If you need to know more just ask, i am sure there would be more than enough people on this forum willing to show you biblically that tithing is not a christian requirement and the typeof tithing being practised today is a fraudulent man made doctrine.
Re: Pay House Rent Or Pay Tithe by ogajim(m): 4:09pm On Feb 15, 2010
Efosa must have studied either in Idahosa or Anini school of theology with a very weak argument no less, why don't you first scan the hundreds of pages on tithing before coming here to convince a guy to become a homeless man?

Did anyone ever told you your name (if that's your real name that is) means only money or monetary wealth from God? If they did, you need to kick their rear ends for misinformation dude.

Nigerian Churches have taken GREED to a whole new level, if folks understand and want to pay 10% to a Church, that's fine but don't tell me God requires your 10% of money, effort, etc, If you are God's property, it means all of you not just a percentage, too much brain washing might have screwed up your thinking is my take (and it doesn't suck cheesy)
Re: Pay House Rent Or Pay Tithe by efosanice: 8:15am On Feb 20, 2010
may God help you all .amen
Re: Pay House Rent Or Pay Tithe by mabell: 1:47pm On Feb 20, 2010
KunleOshob:

I am certainly not a jehovah witness even though i believe they are closer to the true gospel of christ than you deluded pentecostal folks. tongue If you really want to know i am non-denominational and i derive my doctrine directly from the teachings of Jesus himself in the bible and the works of his apostles. I don't accept obsolete jewish teachings borrowed and twisted from Judaism such as tithing as part of true christian doctrine. All true christians should learn to focus more on christ and less on their churches/pastors many of whom might not be emphasizing the core teachings of christ and the true way to salvation.

you mean in this age and time, someone can still think and talk like you. im shocked
you have being bewitched but i wonder by who? sad shocked shocked
Re: Pay House Rent Or Pay Tithe by Theblessed(f): 6:01pm On Feb 20, 2010
KunleOshob:

@efosanice
Evidently you know very little about what tithes is all about and what the bible really says about it thus you depend on pulpit intepretation of the most abuse passage [malachi 3:8-10] in the bible. I suggest you read this this thread form the beginning and search for other topics on tithing on this forum before you start blabbing as if you have a clue about what tithing really is. Have you read the sricpture i gave you? Read it for a start then you can start asking questions as you obvioulsy have very little to contribute as far as tithing knowledge is concerned.

PS: tithing is one of the most hotly and thoroughly debated topics on this forum, so don't come and start brandishingf that over recycled malachi passage here, it as been thoroughly debated and discarded as irrelevant on this forum. If you need to know more just ask, i am sure there would be more than enough people on this forum willing to show you biblically that tithing is not a christian requirement and the typeof tithing being practised today is a fraudulent man made doctrine.

Absolutely!!
God bless you for continuing to speak the truth about his words and ways.
Re: Pay House Rent Or Pay Tithe by lastpage: 5:02am On Feb 21, 2010
@efosanice
you are not giving your tithe to the pastor, you are giving it to god. it says in verse 10 , bring the tithe into my house so that they may be food in my house
hic-hic-hic! grin grin grin
Did l hear someone say that "god" took some naira notes from his "house" and went to Mushin Market to buy some Tuwo-shinkafa and Ogbono stew so that he can eat it in "his house" ??
Blimey, so we still have peeps that reason like this!
Well, if God is "SPIRIT", hmmm, so spirit don begin wack food?

Maybe some dodgy Pastor use to metamorphose "into god"? Very smart dude grin

My house koo, my food niii.
Re: Pay House Rent Or Pay Tithe by mabell: 5:18pm On Feb 22, 2010
lastpage:

@efosanice hic-hic-hic! grin grin grin
Did l hear someone say that "god" took some naira notes from his "house" and went to Mushin Market to buy some Tuwo-shinkafa and Ogbono stew so that he can eat it in "his house" ??
Blimey, so we still have peeps that reason like this!
Well, if God is "SPIRIT", hmmm, so spirit don begin wack food?

Maybe some dodgy Pastor use to metamorphose "into god"? Very smart dude grin

My house koo, my food niii.

don't joke with God. you might not be able to stand the repercussions

Re: Pay House Rent Or Pay Tithe by lastpage: 4:23am On Apr 11, 2010
^^^^^^^ Please dont tell me l am bewitched also!
Except na u dey do the "bee-witching" sha grin grin shocked

By the way, where did you get the idea that l was joking with God?
I was asking "practical questions" concerning those that TWIST that Biblical Phrase "Bring food into my house" to mean he was requesting for physical food shocked
I suggest YOU dont ridicule God by making such banal insinuation or else YOU (mabell) MIGHT NOT BE ABLE TO STAND THE REPERCUSSIONS! wink wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Ladies, See Why You Should Never Take Your Prayer Life For Granted / Photo: Jonathan Worships God At Christ Apostolic Church / Should A Church Orphanage Reject Gift Items From A Native Doctor?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.