Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,357 members, 7,888,131 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 08:07 PM

Man United Name Michael Carrick Captain Following Rooney's Exit - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Man United Name Michael Carrick Captain Following Rooney's Exit (333 Views)

Michael Carrick Reveals Best Manchester United Player He Played With(olukiesy) / Michael Carrick And Paul Scholes Are My Mentor -PAUL POGBA / Michael Carrick Is Now Man Utd New Captain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Man United Name Michael Carrick Captain Following Rooney's Exit by exlinkleads(f): 1:40pm On Jul 12, 2017
Following Rooney's exit, Manchester United have named midfielder Michael Carrick as club captain.
Carrick, 35, is the club's longest-serving player, having joined in 2006, and replaces Wayne Rooney in the role after his move to childhood club, Everton.

"It feels great and it is such a huge honour to captain such a great club," Carrick told MUTV. "I never thought I could be here for so long and achieve so much. I have grown to love the club over the years and to be in this position is very special."

He added: "I will speak when I need to speak, but I am quite laid back and chilled out really. I will try to lead by example."

Carrick moved to United from Tottenham for £18.6m and signed a contract extension earlier this year, committing to the club until June 2018.

He has played 459 times for the club, winning five Premier League titles, the FA Cup and the Champions League.

more @ http://www.exlinklodge.com/2017/07/man-united-name-michael-carrick-captain.html

cc lalasticlala mynd44 missyb3

(1) (Reply)

Arsene Wenger Certain Alexis Sanchez Will Not Be Sold / Jose Mourinho Ready To Remain In Charge For 15 Years At Manchester United / LMC Launches ‘largest’ Lotto For The NPFL

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.