Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,883 members, 7,872,903 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 03:46 AM

Buhari And I Discussed For Over One Hour, Says Osinbajo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari And I Discussed For Over One Hour, Says Osinbajo (618 Views)

Minister Of Niger Delta, Akpabio Resumes Work One Hour After Swearing-in (photo) / 2019: What I Discussed With Buhari Before Joining APC – Uzor Kalu / 2019 Elections: What Buhari Discussed With Service Chiefs In Closed Door Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari And I Discussed For Over One Hour, Says Osinbajo by SuperS1Panther: 3:21pm On Jul 12, 2017
Acting President Yemi Osinbajo has said President Muhammadu Buhari will be back in the country “very shortly”.

He said the president, whom he said he engaged in conversation for over an hour, is recuperating very well.

Speaking with state house correspondents on Wednesday, he said, “he is in very high spirit, he is recuperating very well and we had very long conversation, we spoke for well over an hour and his humor is all there. He is doing well and he is recuperating fast.”

On when Buhari should be expected back in the country, he said: “I think very very shortly. Very shortly. I think we should really expect him back very shortly. Like I said he is recuperating very fast and he is doing very very well.”

Osinbajo left Nigeria after presiding over the quarterly presidential business forum at the presidential villa in Abuja on Tuesday.

He returned in time for the weekly federal executive council meeting.

President Muhammadu Buhari has been out of the country on a medical vacation since May 7.

Below is the full text of Osinbajo’s exchange with reporters.

You just got back from seeing Mr President, what did you discuss with him?

Well, first as you know I went to see him, I went to check up on him find out how he was doing. I had of course been speaking on the phone and I thought it will be a good thing to go and see him and you know generally check up on how he was doing and also to brief him on developments back at home.
So we had a very good time, we had a very good conversation on wide-ranging issues and he is in very good spirit, he is recuperating very quickly and he is doing very well.

What is the state of health of Mr President?

Well, as I have said he is in very high spirit, he is recuperating very well and we had very long conversation, we spoke for well over an hour and his humour is all there. He is doing well and he is recuperating fast.

When is he due back?

I think very very shortly. Very shortly. I think we should really expect him back very shortly. Like I said he is recuperating very fast and he is doing very very well.

Was the report of the suspended SGF and NIA DG part of your conversation?

Wide ranging issues I really can’t go into specifics of all of the discussions we had.

Was swearing-in of the two ministers part of the discussion?

No. We didn’t discuss swearing or anything like that.

When will they be sworn in?

Well, I’m not in a position to say anything. I don’t have a date in mind but I’m sure very very soon we will do that.

Are we expecting Mr President before 90 days?

No no. Deadlines aren’t a very good thing but as I said he is recuperating fast we expecting him very shortly. Much sooner than you will expect.

www.thecable.ng/breaking-buhari-recuperating-fast-will-back-shortly-says-osinbajo
Re: Buhari And I Discussed For Over One Hour, Says Osinbajo by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jul 12, 2017
Ok, when is he going back again?
Re: Buhari And I Discussed For Over One Hour, Says Osinbajo by SuperS1Panther: 3:23pm On Jul 12, 2017
Fayose is on cheap drugs and he can lie for Nigeria at the Olympics.
Re: Buhari And I Discussed For Over One Hour, Says Osinbajo by Jostico: 3:25pm On Jul 12, 2017
SuperS1Panther:
Re: Buhari And I Discussed For Over One Hour, Says Osinbajo by Baddest69(m): 3:30pm On Jul 12, 2017
Audio or video of him talking with BU BU or idonbelivit
Re: Buhari And I Discussed For Over One Hour, Says Osinbajo by PointZerom: 3:34pm On Jul 12, 2017
SuperS1Panther:

Osibanjo is a dwarf laya laya. If he is not bn economical with the truth, let him show us the picture he took with the vegetable.

Tinubu's mouth odour fall on him.

1 Like

Re: Buhari And I Discussed For Over One Hour, Says Osinbajo by chivic(m): 3:37pm On Jul 12, 2017
You might have talked for 59mins and Buhari talked for one minute.All na discussion.
Re: Buhari And I Discussed For Over One Hour, Says Osinbajo by Yeligray(m): 3:43pm On Jul 12, 2017
U said u discussed with him for 1hour and yet he can't even address the Nation for 5minutes
Re: Buhari And I Discussed For Over One Hour, Says Osinbajo by Yeligray(m): 3:44pm On Jul 12, 2017
U said u discussed with him for 1hour and yet he can't even address the Nation for 5minutes...i'm a Nigerian but when it comes to matters like this we the citizens deserve to know the current state of the president
Re: Buhari And I Discussed For Over One Hour, Says Osinbajo by vedaxcool(m): 3:45pm On Jul 12, 2017
Refuse dump worshiper be like cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Buhari And I Discussed For Over One Hour, Says Osinbajo by ebukahandsome(m): 3:46pm On Jul 12, 2017
Cordinator

(1) (Reply)

Senate: Buhari Broke No Law, People Should Stop Making Noise About Resignation / Younger Brother Of Ex Taraba Governor, Dies Few Hours After His Brother's Burial / Dear Sir Owelle Rochas Okorocha - The Ekeukwu Owerre Market Demolition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.