Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,451 members, 7,881,595 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 01:22 AM

My Married Friends Are Advising Me Not To Get Married - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Married Friends Are Advising Me Not To Get Married (3637 Views)

How My Married Neighbor Caught Me Mastubatlng And Asked To Help...(must Read) / My Married Ex Wants To Compensate Me / I'm Attracted To My Married Boss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Married Friends Are Advising Me Not To Get Married by daylae(m): 1:30am On Feb 03, 2010
@poster U getting married or not shudn't be because of wat ur friends feels,tink,or say. Life is hell staying single,and life is also hell getting married if u don't make the right choice. But whatever gets u tru the day my broda,dat's ur way;so walk it!

@ladygaga u're funny! Say hi to ur hubby!
Re: My Married Friends Are Advising Me Not To Get Married by ladygaga(f): 1:59am On Feb 03, 2010
, @daylae, thankyou,ok i will say hi to my invisible hubby, the one that i want to eliminate ,ehn!lllllllllooooooooooooooooool
Re: My Married Friends Are Advising Me Not To Get Married by sexyLeamon(f): 5:57am On Feb 03, 2010
lol I know what you are talking man 90% of marriage couples advice their friends not to get married, but they do not divorce their partners, play death ear to it. do what you personally feel,if you don't want to married then don't but do not let anyone scare you.
Re: My Married Friends Are Advising Me Not To Get Married by chidyke77(m): 6:43am On Feb 03, 2010
@poster
What a useless thread,is ths a joke or what?
Re: My Married Friends Are Advising Me Not To Get Married by Nobody: 9:36am On Feb 03, 2010
@ Poster

Dont mind all these hypocrite girls posting bollocks here. Your 'committee of five' are right. Though one can't stay forever single, cos' of societal pressure.

Most women are terrible in marriage. Their main evils include:
1. Stubbornness/lack of submissiveness
2. Lack of respect
3. Indiscretion
4. Lack of loyalty; and
5. The ever-present tendency to cheat when the going gets rough.

Wise women who get the most from marriage are those who 'stoop to conquer'. They skillfully get their husband eating out of their palm by submitting to him, respecting his feelings, placating his insecurities, and generally winning his love, trust and devotion.

Unfortunately, most women are too shallow to know this. They challenge their husby, exchange 'fire for fire', taunt him for his inadequacies, and frustrate the living daylight out of him. The violence-prone man would thus gradually resort to wife-battering, while the soft man would find ways to return home very late so as to avoid the monster prowling there.

Na God go help us for this wife matter.
Re: My Married Friends Are Advising Me Not To Get Married by delagasky(m): 9:56am On Feb 03, 2010
I dont know wat kinda of advice to give to u, but i guess where u need to start is know exactly the kinda woman u have in mind to marry, if she is the kinda of wife me get for house, u can have a blissful marriage no matter the odds. I am not saying u wont have fights, or u wont argue over flimsy things, but the way u sort out those issues wont be a problem if u are married to ur best friend!! see me for instance, i am not a good guy, but i am a great husband, ask her and she'd tell u tht anyday!!!
Re: My Married Friends Are Advising Me Not To Get Married by Nobody: 10:33am On Feb 03, 2010
Marriage palava.

Any responsible girl here for me to marry ?.
Re: My Married Friends Are Advising Me Not To Get Married by Nobody: 10:43am On Feb 03, 2010
Op,i bet you will have a superb marriage than those of ur friends that are not enjoying theirs if only you can be the right partner.Dont try to look for the right woman or the perfect one.You just try to be a good and the right guy definitely you will enjoy ur marriage.

Freiburger:

@ Poster
But sometimes they do use your appartment as slaughter house abi?
maybe
Re: My Married Friends Are Advising Me Not To Get Married by sexyback1(f): 10:51am On Feb 03, 2010
[size=16pt]sometimes the kind of life u`ve been living affects ur marriage.if u have been living a life of multiple partners,u always want to continue such even when u are married.and if u dont get the chance to live so,u start complaining that marriage is scary etc[/size]
Re: My Married Friends Are Advising Me Not To Get Married by Nobody: 10:52am On Feb 03, 2010
nikkykay:

Op,i bet you will have a superb marriage than those of your friends that are not enjoying theirs if only you can be the right partner.Dont try to look for the right woman or the perfect one.You just try to be a good and the right guy definitely you will enjoy your marriage.
maybe

You are even telling him not to look for the right one or the perfect one, can you imagine.
So he should just pick someone and marry her, without checking her up first.
Attitude and mentality of a lady means a lot to we guys keep that in ur mind, it's only a lady that has a good mentality, manner and attitude that gets married first while the bad ones would be left single and later consider by some hungry/anyhow men that are ready for marriage at any cost.
What if he's a good man and his woman is trying to take an advantages of him being good nko? I think you know some of (not all) today's woman now. Their attitude sucks a lot.

That's why we are having some single ladies out there 30-40 above and still single
Re: My Married Friends Are Advising Me Not To Get Married by Nobody: 11:27am On Feb 03, 2010
sofeco:

You are even telling him not to look for the right one or the perfect one, can you imagine.
      So he should just pick someone and marry her, without checking her up first.
               Attitude and mentality of a lady means a lot to we guys keep that in your mind, it's only a lady that has a good mentality, manner and attitude that gets married first while the bad ones would be left single and later consider by some hungry/anyhow men that are ready for marriage at any cost.
   What if he's a good man and his woman is trying to take an advantages of him being good nko? I think you know some of (not all) today's woman now. Their attitude sucks a lot.

That's why we are having some single ladies out there 30-40 above and still single
Am not saying he shld just pick any girl but he shldnot be loooking for miss right or perfect cos no man or woman is perfect.And how will you know if a lady has a gd mentality, manner and attitude?Am very sure those his friends' wives had all these features whn they got married to them.Why are his friends complaining now that they are tired of the marriage?Maybe their wives changed right?Am telling you we are human beings and we can change and pretend as well esp the ladies.If u r the right partner as in selfless,loyal,truthful, matured and the prayerful type,that your  marriage will work.Even if your partner is the opposite,with your good xters and mentality,u will ignore so many things and be4 u know it,she will change to the right person u are thinking or dreaming off.
Most guys get frustrated in their marriages becos the want the right person and they dont want to be the right person due to ego or whatever.
Re: My Married Friends Are Advising Me Not To Get Married by sistajay(f): 11:38am On Feb 03, 2010
@ Poster. . . . . . . your friends are so right in sayin to you not to get married, why? because those your so called friends now have a ball and chain on their legs. They cant go out or do as much as they would like.
Re: My Married Friends Are Advising Me Not To Get Married by Nobody: 11:44am On Feb 03, 2010
@ poster

I think your friends went into marriage with the wrong expectations! When the wedding ends, the marriage begins!

It's a union of not two people, two lives and two families. It involves a lot of work, a lot of compromise and a lot of patience. Your friends might be wonderful men, but they obviously went into marriages unprepared to accept the enormous change that comes with it.

People still have wonderful marriages, but if you ask them, they will tell you how much work it takes! And of course, making the right choice makes everything easy.
Re: My Married Friends Are Advising Me Not To Get Married by Kx: 11:53am On Feb 03, 2010
Planes crashes,accidents occurs on the road,ship wrecks,in all of this,have people
stopped travelling via these media?

If u listen to ur friends,someday u ll regret u did.
Re: My Married Friends Are Advising Me Not To Get Married by BeautfulB(f): 12:35pm On Feb 03, 2010
@poster: am disappointed in u, just because 5 of ur friends said u shouldnt marry n u also dnt want 2 marry y cnt u plan 4 a beter home, take ur time 2 fine a gud wife and prove ur frens wrong, just because 5 of ur says so, u'll also do so, while 100 of us says GO n MARRY, do u want 2 remain single 4ever?
Re: My Married Friends Are Advising Me Not To Get Married by charlesisu: 3:12pm On Feb 03, 2010
ok, I will get married, but the truth is there are no good women out there, when theyare not materialistic they have attitude or behavioral issues. angry
Re: My Married Friends Are Advising Me Not To Get Married by smooooooth: 3:16pm On Feb 03, 2010
the fact that ur friends didnt get what they expected does not mean u share the same destiny with them. just shine ur eyes well and marry the right woman. when things are right , marriage is sweet.
Re: My Married Friends Are Advising Me Not To Get Married by Ben13: 3:20pm On Feb 03, 2010
This is really STUPID!

Even if ALL your married friends are facing some kinda storm in their marriages, that doesn't make the opinion that they should advise you not to get married.

If you succumb to their useless advice, then you're obviously a FOOL.
Re: My Married Friends Are Advising Me Not To Get Married by Pittbaby(f): 3:22pm On Feb 03, 2010
@ Poster

You should ask yourself do you want to look back on your life when you are at sixty and

1. You have several baby mamas banging at your door
2. You have no children , and the friends that are giving you advise now are telling you what their kids have accomplished
3. You are still on the dating scene (i know naija guys dont mind this one grin)

If so then follow your friends advise and NEVER get married
Re: My Married Friends Are Advising Me Not To Get Married by Valo29: 3:39pm On Feb 03, 2010
Marriage has to do with sacrificies both ways so it's possible that someone doesn't want to give a little room so as not to feel weak or soft-hearted (GUYS MOSTLY).There must be something you all have in common but even identical twins born at almost the same time don't have the same destiny.If your friends are not divorced,then why are they asking you not to marry.If you have someone you want to marry, go ahead and show your friends that marriage can work.
Re: My Married Friends Are Advising Me Not To Get Married by fifi09(f): 5:56pm On Feb 03, 2010
charlesisu:

Should i get married with all these divorce suits flying everywhere ?

I think im commitment phobic. cry cry

Don't worry, it's only a matter of time before you meet the girl of Ur dreams, and you'll definitely want to get married with or without your friends advice.
Re: My Married Friends Are Advising Me Not To Get Married by charlesisu: 7:22pm On Feb 03, 2010
Im willing to make my marriage work if and only when i meet the right woman, but that seems almost impossible, there are girls and women everywhere but the good ones are not yet born.
Re: My Married Friends Are Advising Me Not To Get Married by Nobody: 7:24pm On Feb 03, 2010
Some people think Marriage is all about the wedding and after that they live happily ever after but thats not the case, marriage is not a bed of roses and both parties have to work to make things work.
Re: My Married Friends Are Advising Me Not To Get Married by kokoye(m): 7:29pm On Feb 03, 2010
I am married and now telling you it is always a learning process. Marry the right person (your friend and soulmate) and you will always thank your creator for bring you together.

Why dont you ask your friends why they are still married?

I bet you dont see them around you on cold and lonely nights . . guess what they are doing
Re: My Married Friends Are Advising Me Not To Get Married by charlesisu: 7:57pm On Feb 03, 2010
kokoye:

I am married and now telling you it is always a learning process. Marry the right person (your friend and soulmate) and you will always thank your creator for bring you together.

Why dont you ask your friends why they are still married?

I bet you dont see them around you on cold and lonely nights . . guess what they are doing

Im always busy on cold and lonely nights too, why buy a cow when you can get the milk free.
Re: My Married Friends Are Advising Me Not To Get Married by kokoye(m): 8:08pm On Feb 03, 2010
I hear you. Free indeed.

Does not sound like you want to get married anyway. Better to stay single till you know you are ready and then you wont need anyone to convince you.

Cheers
Re: My Married Friends Are Advising Me Not To Get Married by ayettymama(f): 8:12pm On Feb 03, 2010
with the way marriages are goin nowadays

im not suprised!

just make sure u ait for the right person

personally i think marriage is overrated but my parents cant hear tha from me! cool cool
Re: My Married Friends Are Advising Me Not To Get Married by charlesisu: 10:00pm On Feb 03, 2010
ayettymama:

with the way marriages are goin nowadays

im not suprised!

just make sure u ait for the right person

personally i think marriage is overrated but my parents cant hear tha from me! cool cool

You are speaking my language, marriage is basically not for everyone and the norm in our socirty is a woman is not deemed successful if shes not married, One of my colleague is always sad anytime its time to go home, he prefers to hang out with us till late in the night because he has become a bitter husband of a nagging wife.
Re: My Married Friends Are Advising Me Not To Get Married by ayettymama(f): 10:28pm On Feb 03, 2010
^^ eeyaaa
Re: My Married Friends Are Advising Me Not To Get Married by fifi09(f): 10:43pm On Feb 03, 2010
charlesisu:

You are speaking my language, marriage is basically not for everyone and the norm in our socirty is a woman is not deemed successful if shes not married, One of my colleague is always sad anytime its time to go home, he prefers to hang out with us till late in the night because he has become a bitter husband of a nagging wife.

Just because he has a nagging wife does that make him a perfect husband?

Marriage is about commitment, and becoming that good husband/wife means creating excellent communication habits. Sometimes this is hard.
A good husband/wife will find out why you got to that point of getting angry and create a solution.
Re: My Married Friends Are Advising Me Not To Get Married by charlesisu: 10:47pm On Feb 03, 2010
some women are just plain complicated, funny thing is they never show any of these signs before marriage, nagging, stubborn, she becomes less submissive, carping and unattractive. these were the reasons my friends gave me.
Re: My Married Friends Are Advising Me Not To Get Married by ayettymama(f): 11:32pm On Feb 03, 2010
unattractive??

didnt the know that b4 they married??

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

7 Ways To Know If The Man You're Dating Will Eventually Marry You. / Guys I Wanna Take My GF Out On A Date In Lagos But Need Your Suggestions / Why Do Men Beat Women?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.